Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,017 members, 7,814,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools (21124 Views)

Boko Haram "Writes" Public Schools In Lagos / Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools / Lagos Rejects Move To Reduce Income Tax Rates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by redsun(m): 3:23pm On May 15, 2013
Nobody should be told how to dress,unless the person is compelled to wear uniform like school children.And it shou;ld be in conformity of school dress codes,not religion.

Education and religion don't go together because the former liberates one from the latter.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by chacha3(f): 3:27pm On May 15, 2013
abubello:
so those rules and regulations should override ones religious injunctions? Why should a muslim girl who wants to cover her modesty be forced to expose her nak.edness to the public?
that is why there is an option of private muslim schools.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by DeepSight(m): 3:27pm On May 15, 2013
bingils:

What you have up there is exactly the reason why your women are made to look so cheap, exposing every single part of their body for men to see, I will never have respect or feeling for women who don't cover their bo.ssoms, instead walk about na.ked all in the name of some use.less civilisation.

Modesty is pure, keep your body sacred & holy, wearing revealing dresses undermines the woman in you, instead you are regarded as a cheap s.lut with no hope for the future...

A girl on Hijab has fear for her Creator, not to excite a man's lustful desire, whether you like it or not every part of a woman's body is tempting to men, some men might consider just her legs as sexy, not to talk of seeing the her bo.ssom or other tempting parts of her body!

Typical case is when you have a lady fully dressed and covered in Hijab & some lady who is half dressed & exposing tempting parts of her body, both coming to walk by pass a group of hoodlums, which of them to you is more vulnerable to be attacked by the hoodlums? The answer is not far fetched the na.ked lady of course...

Hijab is a woman's right, and every right thinking Muslim woman is expected to wear it as ordained by Allah anytime she leaves the four walls of her home!

SHAT UP. THE HIJAB IS NOTHING BUT CULTURAL IMPRISONMENT. THE SAME WAY IN SAUDI THE WOMAN CANNOT DRIVE, VOTE, OR TRAVEL WITHOUT HER HUSBAND'S WRITTEN PERMIT. ITS A BARBARIC TRADITION ENFORCED BY AN INSECURE MALE POPULATION. PERIOD.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by seunny4lif(m): 3:28pm On May 15, 2013
okpara ugo: Fashola is not a true moslem.

Allahu Akbar!!!

#carrying ak47 on my back#
shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by chacha3(f): 3:28pm On May 15, 2013
babyosisi: If you want hijab,go and school in Zamfara
Na so e dey start from hijab to jihad
lol
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by bingils(m): 3:32pm On May 15, 2013
honey86:
Na who u dey call goat?, I tried to be respectful but you have shown that you are nothing but a pig and a dog. Anuofia. Ko puo here jo. Uncivilised he goat. Muslims in d uk, the true Arabs are better than d lots of you. Abese pelebe . Pls watch out for this guy, another boko haramist in d making.

Lol, so e dey pain? Can u take a critical look at yourself? How u went berserk, refuting my insult against you... Well I did that intentionally to excite that hate you have for me & my brethren, & for your information I'd be ever happy to die an "uncivilised" he goat, than to die a civilised ape as yourself, please ape do clap for yourself... Onye beribe!
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by ooua: 3:34pm On May 15, 2013
Nobody is stopping your women from wearing hijab just that it is not allowed in schools QED
bingils:

Hey, I beg ur pardon, I'd have expected you to exposed them rather than come out here to rant ru.bbish, moreover you are also a cheat & a du.llant not to have concentrated on minding ur business instead wish she could pinch u answers to copy from... There's absolutely nothing wrong in wearing the Hijab all the time afterall Mary the Mother of Jesus (peace & blessings of Allah be upon him) wore Hijab and depicted modesty!
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by mekaboy(m): 3:34pm On May 15, 2013
Hmmm, I hope the words of the former governor of anambra state does not come true. He said he is afraid that muslims in the south could become radicalized. Hope it does not start in lagos oo. Because I know that irrespective of the law banning hijab, some muslims will send their daughters to school to dare the govt.

So that when action is taken, they will claim the govt of lagos is fighting islam.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by kaze4blues(m): 3:35pm On May 15, 2013
Another reason to butress the already-established
fact that the southwesterners are not religiously biased. We do thins the best way they shld b done.

Let haterz hug transformer...

Proud to be an omo oodua

Ile yoruba koni baje

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 15, 2013
cogitoErgo:
Henhen, which state is rectangular grin but I got ur idea
o! (its secular)
lol
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by tintingz(m): 3:36pm On May 15, 2013
Claping and singing christian praise songs during assembly ground should be ban! angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by mekaboy(m): 3:37pm On May 15, 2013
kaze4blues: Another reason to butress the already-established
fact that the southwesterners are not religiously biased. We do thins the best way they shld b done.

Let haterz hug transformer...

Proud to be an omo oodua

Ile yoruba koni baje

It is too early to make this statement, let's give this law one month and see how other southwesterners react.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Osogagba(m): 3:38pm On May 15, 2013
Those muslims who disagree with the Lagos State govt on the ban and who say they will contest it in court are most welcome to do so. But what should not be acceptable is the angry threat by the ever-pugnacious Muslim Students Society (MSS) to resist the govt's directive, even if violently. Given their history, if they go ahead with such a resistance, they'd expressly be justifying the govt's considered decision to uphold the law that bans outward manifestations of religion in Lagos public schools.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 15, 2013
tintingz: Claping and singing christian praise songs during assembly ground should be ban! angry

its the mission schools which do that.

kookaburra sat on the old gum tree is not a christian song.

see other songs:

https://www.nairaland.com/1254151/some-primary-school-song-lets

as per clapping, is that also prohibited?

other songs include some rivers in africa- nile niger benue congo orange limpopo zambezi. Thats a christian song?
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by funnyx(m): 3:41pm On May 15, 2013
9jadelta: Hijab Ban Takes UK School to Court

http://www.onislam.net/english/news/europe/460717-hijab-ban-takes-uk-school-to-court.html

The school in question is a Greek othordox school, that's why they ban hijab. In a secular govt funded school pupils wear uniforms and hijab is allowed, feel free to quote me on this.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by bingils(m): 3:42pm On May 15, 2013
tpia.:

which school is encouraging girls to wear skimpy clothes to class?

i doubt a school would do that in nigeria- its more of a role model thing, namely what they see on tv and in the media.

even schools which wear skirts, do not make them short. I know a girl who kept getting in trouble because her uniform was too short. She was forced to adjust it to the school length size.

we are talking about school age children here, not adults.

Thanks for reminding me & to let you know, I'm very much aware of the fact the subject matter has to do with underaged school girls, but it is a known fact that morals are best imbibed into humans when they are young and as such the grow with it, that's is the more reason I had to buttress my points on a general note...
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by seunny4lif(m): 3:42pm On May 15, 2013
lorretta u: and by unclothedness you mean hands and neck?
I can see how very modest and decent you lot are.marrying your daughters off at 13-15 years to 70year old men.exposing them to all sorts of sexual abuse and std's,but opening their necks and hand for some fresh air is such an abomination.I really really really thank God I wasn't born into such slavery and pitiful living condition.may God help you folks in your myopism and hypocrisy.
U need to visit Niger rep and morrocco,u go fear die....The thing dey wide like lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Dospix(m): 3:42pm On May 15, 2013
Some of the muslim girls in my school use this hi-jab to steal books from the school library; some also use it to smuggle expo into the hall during examination

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 15, 2013
bingils:

Thanks for reminding me & to let you know, I'm very much aware of the fact the subject matter has to do with underaged school girls, but it is a known fact that morals are best imbibed into humans when they are young and as such the grow with it, that's is the more reason I had to buttress my points on a general note...

many arabs do not put hijab on their underage kids, check anywhere.

so why must nigerians make this an issue?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by bingils(m): 3:45pm On May 15, 2013
ooua: Nobody is stopping your women from wearing hijab just that it is not allowed in schools QED

And what makes it wrong if they do? Please make us see wearing the Hijab as a wrong thing to do?
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Afam4evaIsASlut: 3:45pm On May 15, 2013
babyosisi: If you want hijab,go and school in Zamfara
Na so e dey start from hijab to jihad

Yeah, but does this move still make you not hate Yorubas, BuhariFashola, Tinubu and Islam, Hausas and anyone thats not of your tribe and religion?
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by tintingz(m): 3:48pm On May 15, 2013
tpia.:

its the mission schools which do that.

kookaburra sat on the old gum tree is not a christian song.

as per clapping, is that also prohibited?
hun?? I went to government school and we clap and sing from a booklet SOP(song of praise) they even invite pastors to preach in assembly ground angry ... It is only on fridays muslims do there preaching and wont stop the in Jesus name at the end of the assembly angry

Monday - Thursday na for christian

Friday - na for muslims!

What is all these in government schools!
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Desinuola: 3:51pm On May 15, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

Yeah, but does this move still make you not hate Yorubas, Buhari, Fashola, Tinubu and Islam?

Abeg ask the bloody hypocrites o. Two faced biatches who shout hosanna today and crucify him tomorrow. Now they are in alignment with Fashola because if their inherent hatred for the north and Islam.

Hypos!
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by bingils(m): 3:52pm On May 15, 2013
tpia.:

many arabs do not put hijab on their underage kids, check anywhere.

so why must nigerians make this an issue?

No one made it an issue, the Government made it an issue, that's why we seek to know why the Government decides to take such action, which to me has little or no impact on the reasons why we have a total collapse of standard education in Nigeria!
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 15, 2013
tintingz: Claping and singing christian praise songs during assembly ground should be ban! angry

tintingz: hun?? I went to government school and we clap and sing from a booklet SOP(song of praise) they even invite pastors to preach in assembly ground angry ... It is only on fridays muslims do there preaching angry

Monday - Thursday na for christian

Friday - na for muslims!

What is all this in government schools!

bro or sis, you are not making sense.

or are you making sense in an almajiri way.

your only grouse is with christian presentation, not the muslim one.

so one should assume you prefer only the muslim religion be recognized in schools?
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 15, 2013
bingils:

No one made it an issue, the Government made it an issue, that's why we seek to know why the Government decides to take such action, which to me has little or no impact on the reasons why we have a total collapse of standard education in Nigeria!

the govt did not make it an issue until forced to do so.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by tintingz(m): 4:18pm On May 15, 2013
tpia.:

bro or sis, you are not making sense.

or are you making sense in an almajiri way.

your only grouse is with christian presentation, not the muslim one.

so one should assume you prefer only the muslim religion be recognized in schools?
looking at the gender on ma profile na male so i be bros grin

Again i said from monday to thursday christians do their preaching, singing from SOP booklet if you dont have one with you na bulala for your yansh... grin

Muslims only preach on fridays and at the finishing part of the assembly we will still shout 'in Jesus name'

Now tell me do they want all muslims to pray like christains?
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 15, 2013
A very silly comment and must have come from a fanatic. Praise songs are usually rendered in christian schools and not secular schools. So it still stands, if you want to wear hijab, go to an islamic school.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Desinuola: 4:20pm On May 15, 2013
sbaks:
A very silly comment and must have come from a fanatic. Praise songs are usually rendered in christian schools and not secular schools. So it still stands, if you want to wear hijab, go to an islamic school.

Lie!

Praise songs were rendered in my school and we had devotion periods despite it been a government school!
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Afam4evaIsASlut: 4:22pm On May 15, 2013
Just ban all religions in public schools, period.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by tintingz(m): 4:30pm On May 15, 2013
sbaks:
shuo!

I went to government school and we were forced to buy song of praise booklet...kindly visit any government school and ask the students if they dont clap to christians praise songs.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by hotbabe001(f): 4:33pm On May 15, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]Some plp have a fish brain how does brazilian hair concerns wearing of hijab are u a learner

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Okorocha To Oshiomhole: 'Learn How To Talk' / Court Orders INEC, To Accept Zamfara APC Candidates Lists(Full Judgement) / Muslim Council Calls For Sack Of Taraba SSG Over Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.