Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,222 members, 7,811,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? (27605 Views)

Obvious Similarities Between Manchester United And Barcelona. / Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! / Arsenal And Chelsea Track £13m Italy Star -riccardo Montolivo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by sheymoni(m): 3:43pm On May 21, 2013
Kgdavid: yall can go on all day trading words and opinions but here are a few facts that ought to set the record straight. enjoy.

Champions League

Prize Money 10.5 mil

TV rights 400 mil

History 1955

Europa League
Prize Money 5 mil

TV rights 196 mil

History 1971

Premier League

Prize Money 15mil

TV rights 3-5 bil

History 1888

in other words this is a ridiculous argument instigated by desperate chelseaa fans. Premier league is 20 times more important than the Europa league.
In addition, if man utd pray to defend the epl title, would chelsea also pray to defend europa?
Chelsea fans are just attention seeker. they want to force themselve to the front page of papers
United won the league over 3weeks ago & are still on front pages of sport sites...That alone tells u how less important the europa is.

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by sheymoni(m): 3:44pm On May 21, 2013
Kgdavid: yall can go on all day trading words and opinions but here are a few facts that ought to set the record straight. enjoy.

Champions League

Prize Money 10.5 mil

TV rights 400 mil

History 1955

Europa League
Prize Money 5 mil

TV rights 196 mil

History 1971

Premier League

Prize Money 15mil

TV rights 3-5 bil

History 1888

in other words this is a ridiculous argument instigated by desperate chelseaa fans. Premier league is 20 times more important than the Europa league.

In addition, if man utd pray to defend the epl title, would chelsea also pray to defend europa?
Chelsea fans are just attention seeker. they want to force themselve to the front page of papers
United won the league over 3weeks ago & are still on front pages of sport sites...That alone tells u how less important the europa is.

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Fussbot: 4:00pm On May 21, 2013
[quote author=sheymoni][/quote]T.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Fussbot: 4:05pm On May 21, 2013
Are u chelsea fans kidding me?EPL 2 europa league grin

And 2 u all saying u beat us 3times and so fk wat?

In 2010/2011 season we beat una 4times:

4 community shield(1st)

Home and away 4 champions league(2nd and 3rd)

And 4 old trafford in d premier league(4th)

So?
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by obigin43(m): 4:09pm On May 21, 2013
me i get alot of arsenal and united friends and dey love me unconditionally and me sef love dem die football will everly be football and friends will everly be friends as for me my friends first and dont tell me that u dont have chelsea friends does that mean u dont hv love for them ni??
dopeJemi: nau u talking, mah no lie, I like cheLsea 2 buh na d fans dey vex me, later things
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by IYANGBALI: 4:12pm On May 21, 2013
dopeJemi: weren't u sad when u guys dropped 2 d europa League? Wudnt u have been happier if u guys had won d EPL? 2 me, d europa League is just a consoLation 4 cheLsea and deir Fans, dey realLy don't see it as a big deaL, c'mon! U guys pLayed d Likes of Kazan, braga, bucharest, der aint no competition der bro
no mind chelshit fans
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by IYANGBALI: 4:15pm On May 21, 2013
[quote author=sheymoni][/quote]God bless you Manchested United na ni
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by IYANGBALI: 4:19pm On May 21, 2013
misterh: Dude, so because Tottenham won Man Utd at Old Trafford and drew Man Utd at White Hrat Lane means Tottenham had a better season than Man Utd. Success is not measured that way, sir. Moreover, using your logic, Chelsea won Utd two times in premiership this season but Man Utd still went ahead to win the league with four games to spare while Chelsea was scrambling just to qualify for UEFA Champions League. What does that tell you?
why are you wasting time with all these chelshit touts
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by 1025: 4:50pm On May 21, 2013
i know two man u teams. the one with howard webb and mark clattenberg and the one that comprises of just their players so someone tell me which man u we are comparing with chelsea here.
the two teams met 5 times this season and chelsea won 3 drew 1 and lost one to mark clattenberg who gave two controversial red cards and an offside goal.
can any one here link me to any match man u won this season without controversy?
the same europa manu were pushed out of by athletico bilbao.
this year, chelsea made history as the first club to have the two european trophies at the same time.

2 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by AkpuNku2: 5:03pm On May 21, 2013
1025: i know two man u teams. the one with howard webb and mark clattenberg and the one that comprises of just their players so someone tell me which man u we are comparing with chelsea here.
the two teams met 5 times this season and chelsea won 3 drew 1 and lost one to mark clattenberg who gave two controversial red cards and an offside goal.
can any one here link me to any match man u won this season without controversy?
this year, chelsea made history as the first club to have the two european trophies at the same time.

This is 7th page of this thread, is like u are just returning from ur okada buzness, Eeeeeedioot

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by misterh(m): 5:18pm On May 21, 2013
IYA NGBALI: why are you wasting time with all these chelshit touts
Ayaff mellowed down jare?
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by eldoc2003(m): 5:31pm On May 21, 2013
dopeJemi: yes! Lemme ask u my own question, if we had won d europa League titLe and u guys won d EPL titLe, wud u say d europa League is bigger dan d epL? And D joy u had wen u guys won d cup yesterday and d joy u wilL av if u guys win d EPL, which wilL be more and why?, Be sincere
Why didn't Man U with d Europa last season, since it's an easy ride. My brother wake up

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Funjay(m): 5:41pm On May 21, 2013
try69:

Now that chelsea has won it, it is now a consolation?..smh

The last time I checked, the teams that play europa still consist of the best teams cos if say a club like barce drops outta the UCL in the first round, they would play to win the EUROPA with all they have. So winning the EUROPA is more than equivalent to winning the EPL cos u would still be @ loggerheads against top teams..Apart from the top four in the EPL and maybe, whose teams are better than EUROPA teams?

Kai, av sed it times without no dt most Chelsea fans knows next to nothin about football. Most of dem started supportin Chelsea wen Mou tuk over. Ask dem who Andre Flo is and dey may tell u an ex coach.

Why do u think Juventus is rated as d most successful club in Italy even when AC Milan has won more CL?
2. Why is Man U now d most successful team in England recently takin over frm Lpool after winnin deir 19th League even though the Anfiel side has more European trophy.
3. Why do u think most Chelsea players are now sayin dt dey are now in a better shape to compete for d EPL title nxt season?

If u do ur research well bro, u will know dt winnin d Europa, F.A cup and carlin cup all 2geda is still not comparable to winnin d league title dt spanned a whole season.

3 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Ifecoded(m): 5:44pm On May 21, 2013
As a chelsea fan, i blv d poster is joking kos how will u compare losers cup wif d premere league ti2. We shud argue dat wif d less priviledge team eg arsenal. Up bluesssssssssssssssssssssssssss 2014/15 league winners. Arsenal 2014/15 top 4 winners.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by papaking1(m): 5:49pm On May 21, 2013
As a chelsea fan, an EPL would definitely had been better than europa. all d same, its a nice accomplishment. UP BLUES!

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by dopeJemi: 5:53pm On May 21, 2013
1025: i know two man u teams. the one with howard webb and mark clattenberg and the one that comprises of just their players so someone tell me which man u we are comparing with chelsea here.
can u just stop being fooLish.. 2008 champions League finaL, was it controversiaL? When we thrashed ur sorry asses 3-0, was it controversiaL? Get over ur fooLishness b4 it takes u compLeteLy, ur comments are aLways fulL of hate, sentiments and envy, u r not and wilL never be a true sportsman, go tru d 7pages and telL me if u see a cheLsea fan mention cLattenberg or webb, u taLk like a kid, wise up

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by dopeJemi: 5:56pm On May 21, 2013
obigin43: me i get alot of arsenal and united friends and dey love me unconditionally and me sef love dem die football will everly be football and friends will everly be friends as for me my friends first and dont tell me that u dont have chelsea friends does that mean u dont hv love for them ni??
why not.. Friends first bro wink
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by dopeJemi: 5:59pm On May 21, 2013
eldoc2003:
Why didn't Man U with d Europa last season, since it's an easy ride. My brother wake up
bro! We didn't care, give us baseL or athLetic bilbao nau and see if we won't beat d crap outta dem
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by misterh(m): 6:04pm On May 21, 2013
I don't think a team that knows its worth will pray for this kind of achievement. It shoulda been the other way- winning the Europa League, then progressing to win the UCL. That is what will be called achievement. Chelsea's is a kind of demotion.

Imagine this scenerio, a child who was first in a class in a term was demoted to a lower class in the following term, where he came first. Won't this child be foolish to come out to celebrate this feat?

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by stanech: 6:23pm On May 21, 2013
This Europa cup used to be d dream of chelsea b4 Roman took over. Little wonder d fans are happy..
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Sheguama: 6:34pm On May 21, 2013
dopeJemi: can u just stop being fooLish.. 2008 champions League finaL, was it controversiaL? When we thrashed ur sorry asses 3-0, was it controversiaL? Get over ur fooLishness b4 it takes u compLeteLy, ur comments are aLways fulL of hate, sentiments and envy, u r not and wilL never be a true sportsman, go tru d 7pages and telL me if u see a cheLsea mention cLattenberg or webb, u taLk like a kid, wise up

Bro take it easy haha. Wetin the guy talk never reach to try commit Suicide naa.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by dannymatt(m): 6:37pm On May 21, 2013
As a Chelsea fan, i'll say United had a better season than Chelsea, if we are to argue here it should be who had a more Frustrating season as Chelsea were just lucky to end the season with a silver ware, Chelsea really had the opportunity of lifting 3 trophies at least and 5 at most but they flopped at almost every game as they were just walloped almost all the time.
Chelsea fans please just don't argue on baseless grounds, please try and make sure your arguments have good backings
UP BLUES!

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nwogbe: 7:05pm On May 21, 2013
NessaFresh: Chelsea...plus they whooped ManU's Ass all season long
This should be d clearest answer so for. Chelsea had a much more better season by whooping manure bottom all thro d season . And i presume Europa has much cash reward than EPl
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Fajzay: 7:52pm On May 21, 2013
dopeJemi: United of course.. Ask benitez or abramovic, a top team like cheLsea shudnt be in d europa League in first pLace, u guys were ashamed 2 be in it at first, imagine barca or madrid pLaying in d europa League, if u think d europa League cup is more prestigious dan the premier League Trophy, why don't u guys let arsenal and tottenham quaLify 4 d Champions League and u guys shud keep on pLaying in d europa League, I mean, who watches soccer on thursdays and fridays grin. D cheLsea pLayers wud av Loved 2 win d premier League trophy rather dan d europa League cup, trust Me wink

Last time I checked, a full strenght Man U was kicked out of the so called Europa cup by common Bilbao.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Fajzay: 7:54pm On May 21, 2013
dopeJemi: weren't u sad when u guys dropped 2 d europa League? Wudnt u have been happier if u guys had won d EPL? 2 me, d europa League is just a consoLation 4 cheLsea and deir Fans, dey realLy don't see it as a big deaL, c'mon! U guys pLayed d Likes of Kazan, braga, bucharest, der aint no competition der bro

And the likes of Basel that kicked Man U out of UCL dat same season. Short memory SO you think all those teams are crap? I can see why City and United played Europa league final dat same year then. Mtcheeew!!!
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Fajzay: 8:01pm On May 21, 2013
try69:

Bros we are not comparing UCL and EUROPA here but "the EUROPA LEAGUE and the ENGLISH LEAGUE".

Answer me this simple question, would you say a europa league vied for by selected teams in europe is a lesser title compared to the english league which is just competed for by "just" english teams?

As a matter of fact, Man U won the trophy competing with top 3/4 teams and a whole lots of average to mediocre teams(check the EPL log), while Chelsea won the Europa league competing with teams that's played in the champions league and other decent teams (u can bet many of the other teams are 3rd/4th - 5th in their respective leagues ... so dopeJemi's point here is of no basis

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by MT: 8:04pm On May 21, 2013
EUROPA cup is a reward for failure! and not for success

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Fajzay: 8:07pm On May 21, 2013
dopeJemi: bro! We didn't care, give us baseL or athLetic bilbao nau and see if we won't beat d crap outta dem

Last time I checked, Man U was on the receiving end o
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by EmmyDe25(m): 8:30pm On May 21, 2013
try69:

Of course everyone wants to win the UCL but when one is outta the UCL and has the chance to vie for the EUROPA, they gladly go for it.

So in your words, A european trophy is way less a trophy to a domestic league title? I beg to disagree
Oga, that is why they call d Europa league 'the less lucrative competition' The EPL is notin compare. Stop d blind argument.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by try69: 8:47pm On May 21, 2013
Fajzay:

As a matter of fact, Man U won the trophy competing with top 3/4 teams and a whole lots of average to mediocre teams(check the EPL log), while Chelsea won the Europa league competing with teams that's played in the champions league and other decent teams (u can bet many of the other teams are 3rd/4th - 5th in their respective leagues ... so dopeJemi's point here is of no basis
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by alajor(m): 8:51pm On May 21, 2013
Rehnoy: Chelsea are whopping asses, Man united are winning TROPHIES.
dude really? Chelsea r also winning trophies. Last season man u won nothing but chelsea won the UCL and FA cup. This season man u wins d league,chelsea d europa. Tell dat "winning trophy" shyt to arsenal fans not chelsea.

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by try69: 9:17pm On May 21, 2013
Funjay:

Kai, av sed it times without no dt most Chelsea fans knows next to nothin about football. Most of dem started supportin Chelsea wen Mou tuk over. Ask dem who Andre Flo is and dey may tell u an ex coach.

Why do u think Juventus is rated as d most successful club in Italy even when AC Milan has won more CL?
2. Why is Man U now d most successful team in England recently takin over frm Lpool after winnin deir 19th League even though the Anfiel side has more European trophy.
3. Why do u think most Chelsea players are now sayin dt dey are now in a better shape to compete for d EPL title nxt season?

If u do ur research well bro, u will know dt winnin d Europa, F.A cup and carlin cup all 2geda is still not comparable to winnin d league title dt spanned a whole season.

This oga's even comparing domestic leagues to UCL...ok oh

No comparison have so far beat my president(UCL) , vice president(EUROPA), governor(DOMESTIC) inference..

I'm not concerned about the monetary aspect but the prestige cos someday depending on the organizers and sponsors involved, the price money for any league title might become bigger than the UCL..

B/w, the complete name is TORE ANDRE FLO

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Manchester United Trashed And Humiliated At Home To Liverpool / Juve Bought Me To Win Champions League, Says Ronaldo / Real Madrid vs Liverpool UCL (1 - 0) On 15th March 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.