Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,949 members, 7,824,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? (27675 Views)

Obvious Similarities Between Manchester United And Barcelona. / Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! / Arsenal And Chelsea Track £13m Italy Star -riccardo Montolivo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 21, 2013
Ema prince:

mou snubbed old trashford because of the intensity of chelsea's interest.

meanwhile..the presence and clueless tactic of benitez made this season a torture to me

I know its gonna be an exhilarating 2013/2014 season for the back to back winners..RECORD BREAKERS!!!
. Intensity of chelsea's interest? Guy u surely don't know what that grammar means, if it was intensive, he should have joined by now, and as it stand now, we were the one's who snubbed him, becos he's still clubless while we (man utd) have a coach. So pls dude get ur baseless facts right. Thanks for calling it trashford, becos that's where the likes of chelsea get TRASHED.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Kunlegzy(m): 1:28pm On May 21, 2013
Afam4eva: Why do we just like arguing over nothing. No local even is more important or prestigious than an international event. The premiership is a competition for clubs in England while Europa is for clubs in Europe, so common sense should suggest that the one that involves European clubs is more important. Even if there's a third-tier European competition it would still be more important than the premiership. A vice president is more important than a governor. A deputy governor is more important than a local government chairman etc etc.
Now i know u dont know anytin Mr! Havent you be hearing Prestigious English Premier league, hmmm, some people here funny,u dont believe that u cant know everything in life, u might be good and analytical in some other thread, but the litle u just spew here is a prove that u dont know anything abt soccer, maybe u need to read more about the two competitions. GOOGLE is your friend
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by loswhite(m): 1:29pm On May 21, 2013
try69:

I would av been more happy winning a european title bruv
clearly u known nothing about football so no point explaining it to u.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by dvcol: 1:29pm On May 21, 2013
gabito2: A̶̲̥̅я̩̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ Ʊ guys mad? H☺ώ can you compare europa cup to a domestic cup, d money no be d same sef, domestic Ȋ̝̊̅§ domestic, international Ȋ̝̊̅§ international, when man Ʊ wey disgraced last seasoopin to europa, they were further disgraced by basel home and away, just imagine, and chelsea finished basel, stop all d stupid mentality and say d truth, chelsea achieved more dis season
Guy u sitdown ontop your small sense...Ignorance is really your friend.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by loswhite(m): 1:33pm On May 21, 2013
Willgates:

I'l certainly choose d europa ova n over again...reason being dat d EPL aint realy dat tense esp.wen d tournament z approaching itz end n a team z leading d table wit a gud margin as compared to d former. [my thoughts tho]
stick to hand ball jor
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Kunlegzy(m): 1:35pm On May 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
A Nigerian senator earns more than Barack Obama. Are they more than the American president? Put your thinking cap on. The prize money has nothing to do with it.
so d logistics put in place by the clubs do not need to be refunded by UEFA, oh i forgot the competition is free for the teams participating, lolz. we need to see chelsea doing parade with their prestigious europa cup. hahahhah
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by danny301: 1:37pm On May 21, 2013
Willgates:

I'l certainly choose d europa ova n over again...reason being dat d EPL aint realy dat tense esp.wen d tournament z approaching itz end n a team z leading d table wit a gud margin as compared to d former. [my thoughts tho]

It's ridiculous that someone who knows about football would chose europa ova epl... Ordinarily europa league is not for big clubs like Chelsea, man u, Barca, Madrid, Bayern munich etc. For Chelsea to drop to the level of playing europa league which is for average clubs like Newcastle, Everton, Athletico Bibao, Lavente etc, when the like of Barca, Madrid, Bayern Munich etc view anything less than UCL final or even the trophy as a bad season means that Chelsea had a bad season hence its not sentimental only but also fanatical for any one to claim that eurapa is more than epl just because Chelsea fell to that level.

Beside,for big clubs the league is very prestigious because on like europa or even UCL, its a prove of the club's consistency over the season. It takes consistency in 38 games to win the league whereas in competitions like europa or UCL just being lucky in crucial games is enough to win or on the order hand few mistakes or injuries or even bad decisions by the referee at crucial times may send a good team out of the competition untimely.

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 21, 2013
Rooney's wife just delivered a bouncing baby boy named Klay Anthony Rooney.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by rashmanovic: 1:37pm On May 21, 2013
kcjazz: Winning the europa is like my son failing his class and been demoted to a lower class and then he takes first position.
It is good for his spirrit but bad for my pocket. Man utd had a better season and financially it pays more to win the league than the europa.
cant agree more
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by rashmanovic: 1:38pm On May 21, 2013
kcjazz: Winning the europa is like my son failing his class and been demoted to a lower class and then he takes first position.
It is good for his spirrit but bad for my pocket. Man utd had a better season and financially it pays more to win the league than the europa.

cant agree more
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by daylae(m): 1:41pm On May 21, 2013
Rehnoy: Retard! so chesick needed somebody who would go to war anytime he gets beaten by a better team Answer me.
i don't follow. . . take a long sigh,and come again?
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 21, 2013
daylae: i don't follow. . . take a long sigh,and come again?
long sigh? Which one is long sigh again? I only know of deep sigh ooo. U wanna lift ur fada above yo head? My bro chill u can't diss me, am the BOSS.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by obigin43(m): 1:47pm On May 21, 2013
why is it so difficult for some people to face the reality and say the simple fact for once
Chelsea and Man U played 5 times out of it Man U won just 1 chelsea won 3 and draw one
is this not enough reason for u to know that chelsea is better of Man U for this season
and come to think of it chelsea played more games than any premiership club this season
and for ur info.europa is bigger and more recognize than any domestic cup
for those that calling europa a loser if i may ask hv u ever seen loser with a trophy
cos if u think it is a loser cup remember that man u,madrid and barca have been in loser compution b4
if u can remember chelsea won maldrid 2-i to win their first European cup in 1971
if u re in doubt ask google.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Kunlegzy(m): 1:48pm On May 21, 2013
daylae: Then are you saying clubs like barcelona,madrid,juve e.t.c had done well in european competitions than chelsea did? Because chelsea only won the "loser's throphy" while the aforementioned were close to winning the CL? Do you realise chelsea 'll deservely play whoever clinge the CL later? Clubs like man u,barca,and madrid would have love to do that even as europa champion.
God forbid Man U playing in Europa
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 21, 2013
For sure I understand man u fans are hating but they all should go sit at old trafford and wait for chelsea to give a finger in the middle,chelseafc won the second most prestigious cup in club football,matter of fact we too ambitious for bigger dreams than settling for a local cup....This simply means man u is famous locally but chelsea is respected globally.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 21, 2013
obigin43: why is it so difficult for some people to face the reality and say the simple fact for once
Chelsea and Man U played 5 times out of it Man U won just 1 chelsea won 3 and draw one
is this not enough reason for u to know that chelsea is better of Man U for this season
and come to think of it chelsea played more games than any premiership club this season
and for ur info.europa is bigger and more recognize than any domestic cup
for those that calling europa a loser if i may ask hv u ever seen loser with a trophy
cos if u think it is a loser cup remember that man u,madrid and barca have been in loser compution b4
if u can remember chelsea won maldrid 2-i to win their first European cup in 1971
if u re in doubt ask google.
U wanna go with statistics? Pls go check man utd vs chelsea record, den come back. For now, GERROUT!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 21, 2013
aaronson: For sure I understand man u fans are hating but they all should go sit at old trafford and wait for chelsea to give a finger in the middle,chelseafc won the second most prestigious cup in club football,matter of fact we too ambitious for bigger dreams than settling for a local cup....This simply means man u is famous locally but chelsea is respected globally.
Sorry ooo. Mazi global.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Kunlegzy(m): 1:54pm On May 21, 2013
even with relegating team in the premierleague, the tv right is five times higher than the price money and tv right of europa winner like chelse. check out this link: http://www.financialexpress.com/news/manchester-united-top-table-for-premier-league-tv-earnings/1118680
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Afam4eva(m): 1:55pm On May 21, 2013
Kunlegzy: so d logistics put in place by the clubs do not need to be refunded by UEFA, oh i forgot the competition is free for the teams participating, lolz. we need to see chelsea doing parade with their prestigious europa cup. hahahhah
Why don't teams parade the world club Championship trophy. Talk another thing.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by obigin43(m): 1:56pm On May 21, 2013
see this angry fool
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by sheymoni(m): 1:57pm On May 21, 2013
Whoever finishes 1st in the Premiership nets between £30 - £40 million. This is based on £10 million prize money, £10 million for just being in the league, £300,000 for every TV game, overseas sponsorship and TV deals equate to about £4-£5 m...
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_cash_prize_f...See entire page »
comparing Europa league of 5,000,000 total prize with the Epl is the joke of the Year
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 21, 2013
Kunlegzy: even with relegating team in the premierleague, the tv right is five times higher than the price money and tv right of europa winner like chelse. check out this link: http://www.financialexpress.com/news/manchester-united-top-table-for-premier-league-tv-earnings/1118680
let them read it here... Soccer champions Manchester United topped the table
for English Premier League television income in
2012-13, raking in almost 61 million pounds ($93
million) in the final year of the current three-year
contract, the League said on Tuesday.
Relegated Queens Park Rangers, owned by Malaysian
airline boss Tony Fernandes, received almost 40 million
pounds, the lowest figure among the 20 clubs.
Television income will climb further next season after
telecoms company BT entered the British market,
taking a share of live rights alongside pay TV operator
BSkyB. BT has replaced U.S. company ESPN as the
second broadcaster in Britain.
The Premier League has also secured enhanced
overseas rights deals and revenue from television is
expected to rise to around 5.5 billion pounds over the
next three years, from around 3 billion pounds.
The differences in payments between clubs reflect
where they finished in the league and also how many
times their matches were screened live in Britain.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 21, 2013
Why is that immobile economic disaster calling him self an angry fool?
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by obigin43(m): 2:02pm On May 21, 2013
if so chelsea got price from domestic and europe which makes it better
cos 1+1 is better of 1+0
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by obigin43(m): 2:05pm On May 21, 2013
did i mention or replied under anyone post??na wa oo some people got high temper in this forum ooo
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Kunlegzy(m): 2:08pm On May 21, 2013
daylae: bullocks! Man u wanted someone who would't mind reporting to fergie,while he continually be his protege. Jose does not belong to such class!
jose is just a lousy, stubborn, trouble making and controversial coach, yes successful but not good for the image of Manchester United, we live and thrives on our brand, we dont need a coach that lack good reputation, coach that poke other coaches nose and so on. he should go to chelsea and exhibit its toutish talent.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 21, 2013
I also look back and wonder if I tagged anyone's nick. Maybe its just CONSCIENCE.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by hotwax: 2:12pm On May 21, 2013
LOL. Local league is better than International.
Boring referee deciding EPL is better than Champions league. Is this what Manu fans are saying ?
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Kunlegzy(m): 2:12pm On May 21, 2013
Rehnoy: let them read it here... Soccer champions Manchester United topped the table
for English Premier League television income in
2012-13, raking in almost 61 million pounds ($93
million) in the final year of the current three-year
contract, the League said on Tuesday.
Relegated Queens Park Rangers, owned by Malaysian
airline boss Tony Fernandes, received almost 40 million
pounds, the lowest figure among the 20 clubs.
Television income will climb further next season after
telecoms company BT entered the British market,
taking a share of live rights alongside pay TV operator
BSkyB. BT has replaced U.S. company ESPN as the
second broadcaster in Britain.i pray they read oooh. u know u can seperate somethings from chelsea fc and there re fans. lolz
The Premier League has also secured enhanced
overseas rights deals and revenue from television is
expected to rise to around 5.5 billion pounds over the
next three years, from around 3 billion pounds.
The differences in payments between clubs reflect
where they finished in the league and also how many
times their matches were screened live in Britain.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by obigin43(m): 2:13pm On May 21, 2013
guy no war na just fun of the game lol wink smiley
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 21, 2013
hotwax: LOL. Local league is better than International.
Boring referee deciding EPL is better than Champions league. Is this what Manu fans are saying ?
I don't even get an inch of wat u're saying. Please rephrase that ur crap.

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by RexBrita: 2:14pm On May 21, 2013
http://swissramble..com/2013/05/uefa-prize-money-rhapsody-in-blue.html?m=1

The above site tells the whole story, guys ( and babes).

In terms of money, chelsea made more; in terms of reach and significance, chelsea was continental; in terms of number of competitions entered into, chelsea was in more competitions (which, btw, took a tolls on them and affected their overall performance - 65 matches, I think. Whew!)

So I don't see why the obvious is being debated. I do understand ManU's fanaticism which is all part of the game. But then, face the facts and just congratulate us for a beautiful season.

rexbrita@gmail.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Adidas Unveils Manchester United 2019/20 Home Shirt / Chelsea Vs Zenit St. Petersburg : UCL (1 - 0) On 14th September 2021 / Manchester United Vs Bournemouth (1 - 1) On 4th March 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.