Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? (27603 Views)

Obvious Similarities Between Manchester United And Barcelona. / Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! / Arsenal And Chelsea Track £13m Italy Star -riccardo Montolivo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Sike(m): 10:54am On May 21, 2013
C H E LS E A - The Pride Of Europe.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by misterh(m): 10:56am On May 21, 2013
rashmanovic: Its Simple! Man Utd.... Chelsea lost out on 7 trophies this season before getting the Europa, they were awesome too but, Community Shiel LOST to Mancity, Premier Leauge LOST to Manutd, World Club Cup LOST to COrinthians, Champions League MISSED out in the group stage, FA Cup LOST to Man CIty, Carling cup LOST Swansea, u wan tell me say dem better pass manutd wey no get chance for 8 trophies this season? #AintNobodyGatTimeForThat
Korekt! cheesy Man Utd competed in 4 competitions and won 1 while Chelsea competed in 8 competitions and also won 1. So mathematically, Man Utd had a better season than the London team.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by jhydebaba(m): 10:58am On May 21, 2013
If Chelsea's feat this season was nothing and europa is for small teams, why can't MAN UTD win the trophy when they had the opportunity last time

Abeg, stop beefing, no be meat tongue

Chelsea won in EUROPE while man utd won in ENGLAND.

Now tell me between a continent and a country which is superior cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 11:00am On May 21, 2013
Whats the Debate for?? Certainly ManUtd!!!

Europa is a Trophy for Losers.. #Period!!!

But, i must say, Chelsea were Awesome this season sha.

#TeamManUtd
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Adelivinggreat(m): 11:01am On May 21, 2013
Chelsea did
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 11:02am On May 21, 2013
Sike: C H E LS E A - The Pride Of Europe.
you just woke up right?
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by misterh(m): 11:02am On May 21, 2013
Willgates:

I'l certainly choose d europa ova n over again...reason being dat d EPL aint realy dat tense esp.wen d tournament z approaching itz end n a team z leading d table wit a gud margin as compared to d former. [my thoughts tho]
Then why were you guys vying for the CL spot? You should have fought for the fifth position na. How is the EPL not tense? You battle with 20 teams TWICE as against the small number involved in the Europa league. Also, Chelsea did not play the Europa league grp stages meaning that they had a lesser number of teams to play with.

2 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Ibotex(m): 11:03am On May 21, 2013
The Europa trophy is simply the losers trophy, you can deal with that first.
Winning the EUROPA takes you to the club world cup while the BARCLAYS doesnt. EUROPA makes it more successful for chelsea.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by misterh(m): 11:04am On May 21, 2013
jhydebaba: If Chelsea's feat this season was nothing and europa is for small teams, why can't MAN UTD win the trophy when they had the opportunity last time

Abeg, stop beefing, no be meat tongue

Chelsea won in EUROPE while man utd won in ENGLAND.

Now tell me between a continent and a country which is superior cheesy
LOL. No one is beefing Chelsea and no one said Europa league is nothing. The OP asked who had a better season between the two teams and certainly, Man Utd is already winning the argument.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by jude33084(m): 11:05am On May 21, 2013
dopeJemi: weren't u sad when u guys dropped 2 d europa League? Wudnt u have been happier if u guys had won d EPL? 2 me, d europa League is just a consoLation 4 cheLsea and deir Fans, dey realLy don't see it as a big deaL, c'mon! U guys pLayed d Likes of Kazan, braga, bucharest, der aint no competition der bro

It shows that you are a baby in football; the last time ManU met with the likes of Bassel and Benfica they where eliminated in the group stage wink

Bassel gate was like Barca and manU grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by romanlaw(m): 11:06am On May 21, 2013
HERE IS WHAT WENGER HAVE TO SAY : Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, says Chelsea’s triump in the Europa League is a “reward for failure”.

“Is it right to reward teams basically for failure? Their target at the start of the season was the Champions League, not to win the Europa League.

2 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by jude33084(m): 11:08am On May 21, 2013
misterh: LOL. No one is beefing Chelsea and no one said Europa league is nothing. The OP asked who had a better season between the two teams and certainly, Man Utd is already winning the argument.

My guy it was Chelsea: remember that the champions league cup is with them with their name on it added to the europa cool

how can someone compare that fit with just EPL tittle tongue
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 11:08am On May 21, 2013
jude33084:

It shows that you are a baby in football; the last time ManU met with the likes of Bassel and Benfica they where eliminated in the group stage wink

Bassel gate was like Barca and manU grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
what are u even saying? Can't get a tin in wat u've written,

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by ikokidesam(m): 11:10am On May 21, 2013
Vice president sambo n lag st governor who command respect most? Abeg na chelsea bcus it have being long epl team hv won it, respect blues
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by jude33084(m): 11:11am On May 21, 2013
romanlaw: HERE IS WHAT ARSENAL HAVE TO SAY : Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, says Chelsea’s triump in the Europa League is a “reward for failure”.

“Is it right to reward teams basically for failure? Their target at the start of the season was the Champions League, not to win the Europa League.

Imagine this one calling Arsene failure Wennger for this matter undecided
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Damon03(m): 11:11am On May 21, 2013
How's this even a debate, man united Ofcos.

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 11:11am On May 21, 2013
None of the above......Arsenal had the best season. E no easy to win top4(Indomie) trophy at the last match of the season.
Up Arse-Anall

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Yomboy4ever(m): 11:11am On May 21, 2013
dopeJemi: United of course.. Ask benitez or abramovic, a top team like cheLsea shudnt be in d europa League in first pLace, u guys were ashamed 2 be in it at first, imagine barca or madrid pLaying in d europa League, if u think d europa League cup is more prestigious dan the premier League Trophy, why don't u guys let arsenal and tottenham quaLify 4 d Champions League and u guys shud keep on pLaying in d europa League, I mean, who watches soccer on thursdays and fridays grin. D cheLsea pLayers wud av Loved 2 win d premier League trophy rather dan d europa League cup, trust Me wink

Premier L Champion my foot
Hw many tyms were u beaten by D Europa Champs Dis season?
Why don't u Win it wen u played D same comp last season?
Do u Remember Man city failed D same way U did even as a PML champion?
So how come U tell us D PML is superior?
And Hw come uefa plays champions League vS Europa champs @ d beginning of every season?
OgA no dey tak dat one for here mk I no vex for uuuU ooo
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by misterh(m): 11:12am On May 21, 2013
Ibotex:
The Europa trophy is simply the losers trophy, you can deal with that first.
Winning the EUROPA takes you to the club world cup while the BARCLAYS doesnt. EUROPA makes it more successful for chelsea.
Winning the Europa league DOES NOT take you to the FIFA Club World Cup. The Club World Cup is for champions of each continent. By champion of each continent, that means it's either BVB or B/Munich that's gonna go this season.

2 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by jude33084(m): 11:13am On May 21, 2013
Rehnoy: what are u even saying? Can't get a tin in wat u've written,

Check your last game with "Bassel" fc and let me know how it went wink
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 11:15am On May 21, 2013
None of the above......Arsenal had the best
season. E no easy to win top4(Indomie)
trophy at the last match of the season.
Up A.rse-A.nal
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by orelove4liff: 11:16am On May 21, 2013
try69:

That didn't answer the question bruv...is the ENGLISH league title a bigger title to the EUROPA league title?
cant u read and understand?comparin europa to EPL title is and embarrassment to EPL.d primary obj of any manager is to win d domestic title and follow by champions league.domestic league is d most difficult to win cos u re gonna play 38matches.hw many matches did chelsea play b4 they reach d final of europa?most times,d teams dat win european competition always win it by mistake.see hw chelsea beat bayern in dat final?domestic title winnin is d survival of d fittest

2 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by blackbeau1(f): 11:16am On May 21, 2013
MAN U had the best of everything.

2 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Eefhay: 11:17am On May 21, 2013
What is your yardstick in defining success?
Is it in relation to achieving your objectives or calculating what you earn in return.
Winning trophies is paramount to some people, while making profits is what some desire.
Involvement of Manutd and chelsea in europa league that added value to the competition. If not what is the market value of europa league?
Upon winning FA cup and Champions league last season, chelsea made profit of 1Million pounds.
Arsenal didn't win anything but they have been making profit every year which makes the owners happy.
Manutd did not win anything last season,even left at group stage of champions league but their profit still huge.
Remove the name europe, how huge is monetary benefit of europa to epl?
Is europa part of chelsea objective or consolation for failure?

2 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by mgbede: 11:18am On May 21, 2013
Both, bt i tink chelsea supercede united cos dia own is Europa cup dat was played outside of England.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by delors(m): 11:20am On May 21, 2013
I think Chelsea did! They had a more interesting and adventurous season than man United. Check the stats, last year to this year, the most searched club on google was Chelsea! The club with the fastest growing fan club base (registered fans i mean) is chelsea! I can tell you that even non-chelsea fans know the name of every chelsea player, but how many kids around can tell you all the eleven regulars in Man United? And finally, regardless of what Man United fans think about Europa league, they would have been happier to be in that league after dropping out of the UCL but because they always find a way to discredit Chelsea's adventures, they say Europa league is less prestiguos to the EPL, but tell them to check the worth of each trophy in terms of revenue and popularity.
My verdict: ChELSEA had a more interesting season than MAN UNITED...even ROONEY and RONALDO are considering switching to the club! That should tell people something.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by misterh(m): 11:21am On May 21, 2013
Yomboy4ever:

Premier L Champion my foot
Hw many tyms were u beaten by D Europa Champs Dis season?
Why don't u Win it wen u played D same comp last season?
Do u Remember Man city failed D same way U did even as a PML champion?
So how come U tell us D PML is superior?
And Hw come uefa plays champions League vS Europa champs @ d beginning of every season?
OgA no dey tak dat one for here mk I no vex for uuuU ooo
UEFA supervises the UCL and the EL. It's their prerogative to organise the Super Cup. Did you guys plan at the beginning of the season to win the Europa league? You guys planned to defend the UCL and win the EPL, Carling and FA Cups. But you did not achieve any of them. Europa league is an aftethought. If Chelsea wants to be ranked in the same league as Barca, they need to stop think they conquered Europe this season. Barca will never count the Europa league a s an achievement. This is not to take anything away from Chelsea tho' They showed xter to win the EL.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 11:21am On May 21, 2013
jude33084:

Check your last game with "Bassel" fc and let me know how it went wink
So u meant to count losses? Okay na. Check ur statistics against man utd and tell me what it looks like.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by igahdavid(m): 11:23am On May 21, 2013
There is more money in EPL than in Europa

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by misterh(m): 11:24am On May 21, 2013
mgbede: Both, bt i tink chelsea supercede united cos dia own is Europa cup dat was played outside of England.
So because it's outside England, it means it's more important. Whatever happened to Charity begins at home.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Santino1(m): 11:24am On May 21, 2013
Pedagogue: Most def, d league trophy is more prestigious than Europa!

Nevertheless, Chelsea winning d Europa cup is particularly significant - cos they are the first team in Europe to win d UCL and Europa back to back! So, in a way, they had a fantastic season!

As to who had a better season, I think a conclusion should be based on expectations before the start of d season!

Did Man U crave 2 win the league? Most certainly!

Did Chelsea believe they 'll be in Europa League or even win it? Most certainly not!

Thus, on that score, I think Man U had a better season...but that's not to say Chelsea flopped!

you guys just pull records from thin air....FC Porto achieved the feat of winning the Europa (then UEFA cup) and UCL in 2003 and 2004..except ofcourse, you are considering the fact that Chelsea turned logic on its head
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Enegod(m): 11:24am On May 21, 2013
all the 16teams that qualified frm the group stages of the CL are all better than Chelsea...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Manchester United Trashed And Humiliated At Home To Liverpool / Juve Bought Me To Win Champions League, Says Ronaldo / Real Madrid vs Liverpool UCL (1 - 0) On 15th March 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.