Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? (27599 Views)

Obvious Similarities Between Manchester United And Barcelona. / Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! / Arsenal And Chelsea Track £13m Italy Star -riccardo Montolivo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by BinghiNya(m): 9:33pm On May 21, 2013
olumaxi: but u guys were in europa last season wea u played d likes of basel n bilbao but couldnt win a single match
did man u not beat afc ajax before bilbao, please face ayo olopon
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by fallingsky(m): 9:39pm On May 21, 2013
Both of you nor get work. Shame
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by IDnoble1: 9:44pm On May 21, 2013
try69: Well..I and my friends engaged in an instant discussion on BBM group chat after chelsea's triumph yesterday night.

As a blue fan I was like "chelsea had a more successful season for winning a european trophy compared to Man U who won a domestic one".

My Man U friends were quick to bash me saying "The EPL is more a gracious trophy to the EUROPA".

I needed to bring this here to get a wider view point.

My analysis scale was UCL - EUROPA - DoMEsTIC. Just like PRESIDENT(UCL) - VICE PRESIDENT(EUROPA) - GOVERNOR (DOMESTIC) grin grin

What's your opinion?
The money prize realised from Europa cup and for coming 3rd in the league is much more than the money won by Man U for the league trophy,so what are we saying

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Belovedd: 11:38pm On May 21, 2013
ID. noble:

The money prize realised from Europa cup and for coming 3rd in the league is much more than the money won by Man U for the league trophy,so what are we saying
if you are going to add ur Europa to epl standing winnings, them u better add d money man it'd got from UCL as well and we'll have an argument

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Fussbot: 11:42pm On May 21, 2013
What chelsea fans don't know is that every coach prefers it's domestic league to the champions leaague...d champions league 2 most coaches is a bonus..iniesta,messi all said dey prefer d league 2 d champs league

U sef wey dey talk,which league wld u prefer u won?d one u played 13 matches or d one u played 38 matches??

Champions league sometimes just serve as a proof dat God exists(chelsea as a case study-last season)it's mostimes bout ur luck

I tink dis is wat d arguement should be about(domestic leagues compared to d champs league),and not bout EPL and honourable ogunesan's cup(europa league..ha!ha!ha!)

2 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Fajzay: 12:05am On May 22, 2013
Belovedd:
if you are going to add ur Europa to epl standing winnings, them u better add d money man it'd got from UCL as well and we'll have an argument

Don't forget that chelsea got money from UCL as well ... and don't forget that Man U got knocked out from round 2 (1 stage after chelsea exited the campaign). D difference in funds received by the 2 teams in UCL is not much bro. So look at all the facts before you initiate ur argument.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Fajzay: 12:07am On May 22, 2013
Kunlegzy: God forbid Man U playing in Europa

sorry m8, Man U got outplayed in Europa last time i checked
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by aalex1: 12:23am On May 22, 2013
try69:

Bros we are not comparing UCL and EUROPA here but "the EUROPA LEAGUE and the ENGLISH LEAGUE".

Answer me this simple question, would you say a europa league vied for by selected teams in europe is a lesser title compared to the english league which is just competed for by "just" english teams?

Bros,lemme ansa ur question,YES d EPL is more prestigious than d EUROPA trophy both financially and prestige....d UCL is d one greater than the EPL.d UCL is competed for by the best top 4 teams in d EPL and top 3 teams in oda leagues,but d EUROPA is competed by by failed teams.evn wenger said wit d EUROPA,UEFA rewards failures. D EPL,LA LIGA,SERIE A,BUNDUS LIGA and LEAGUE 1,all worship their domestic leagues dan EUROPA. dnt b like roberto mancini dat counts d community shield as a trophy jst 2 save his face..my 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by aalex1: 12:29am On May 22, 2013
Fussbot: What chelsea fans don't know is that every coach prefers it's domestic league to the champions leaague...d champions league 2 most coaches is a bonus..iniesta,messi all said dey prefer d league 2 d champs league

U sef wey dey talk,which league wld u prefer u won?d one u played 13 matches or d one u played 38 matches??

Champions league sometimes just serve as a proof dat God exists(chelsea as a case study-last season)it's mostimes bout ur luck

I tink dis is wat d arguement should be about(domestic leagues compared to d champs league),and not bout EPL and honourable ogunesan's cup(europa league..ha!ha!ha!)

Pls educate dese ppl dat are always sentimental abt tins,in serie A and la liga,dey prefer deir domestic title 2 champions league,dey now tryin 2 compare europa.wen oda teams won carlin cup(capital one cup) den,chelsea fans called it mai shai cup,wen jose mourinho came aand won it,it became aan important cup.

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 4:55am On May 22, 2013
dopeJemi: United of course.. Ask benitez or abramovic, a top team like cheLsea shudnt be in d europa League in first pLace, u guys were ashamed 2 be in it at first, imagine barca or madrid pLaying in d europa League, if u think d europa League cup is more prestigious dan the premier League Trophy, why don't u guys let arsenal and tottenham quaLify 4 d Champions League and u guys shud keep on pLaying in d europa League, I mean, who watches soccer on thursdays and fridays grin. D cheLsea pLayers wud av Loved 2 win d premier League trophy rather dan d europa League cup, trust Me wink

As if man did not play Europa cup last season. Metceeeeew
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Mustay(m): 5:17am On May 22, 2013
The problem with threads is when they get derailed. The OP asked a question based on team performance & competition and people are introducing prize money etc to it!

As a Chelsea fan, no one woulda expected Chelsea to be in the Europa but unfortunately, they got there and played it. Based on the structure, UEFA allows 3rd placed teams to play therein when knocked outta the UCL group stage - if it was a 'losers trophy', Chelsea wouldn't have gotten there in the first place. Man U & Man City got there but won it not, it becomes a less important trophy whe CFC wins it right Why didn't those teams back out if it was a waste of time?

Last time I remember, the UCL winner plays the Europa winner at the beginning of each season. UEFA won't call a team that failed to beat Bayern or the 2nd placed team to play it - coincidetally, it was the last Europa team that beat CFC to it this season. Chelsea will either play any of the German team that wins this season's UCL.

The EPL is really competitive, razmatazz et al but if we consider the structure, UCL, Europa are continental trophies. The Spanish or Germann guys won't even buy the idea of comparing EPL to Europa.

This puts no less value to Man U's achievement, they won a DOMESTIC title. Chelsea won a contiental title, call it losers cup or whathaveyou, but that's what it is.

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Belovedd: 8:13am On May 22, 2013
Fajzay:

Don't forget that chelsea got money from UCL as well ... and don't forget that Man U got knocked out from round 2 (1 stage after chelsea exited the campaign). D difference in funds received by the 2 teams in UCL is not much bro. So look at all the facts before you initiate ur argument.

man utd earned abouut £5m more than Chelsea in d champions league, £2.6m for round of 16 qualification, for winning more UCL matches and even from d draw with real Madrid. Add that to d BPL prize winning. Lets not even get into d TV rights
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Mustay(m): 8:28am On May 22, 2013
Are earnings from TV rights not part of financial analysis and performace
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by dopeJemi: 8:39am On May 22, 2013
Mustay: Are earnings from TV rights not part of financial analysis and performace
stop dis bLind argument.. Answer dis question, wilL u settLe 4 d europa League next season and Leave d LocaL cup 4 us.. CheLsea Fans r very sentimentaL, even ur own goaLkeeper said he wishes never 2 pLay in d europa League again cuz its an embarrassment.. Stop being sentimentaL, Like I asked, which cup wud u prefer 2 win next season, d LocaL cup or d so calLed continentaL europa League cup?, u know d truth buh u wanna cover it up cuz its ur cLub and dat doesn't make u a true sportsman, der is onLy 1 cheLsea fan here dat has said d truth, stop being sentimentaL and be a sportsman
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Mustay(m): 9:49am On May 22, 2013
Read my first post please. ^^
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 11:23am On May 22, 2013
Europa league are for lesser teams and teams that failed or lost priorities in the course of the season. E.g the two teams that played in the final were dey because they failed in the champions league. U cant compare it 2 winning domestic league in England, Spain or Italy. Only a that qualify specifically 4 the competition by virtue of their league position can value it. Tbh chelsea just won a trophy that was nt in the club agenda wen the season started. Anoda point is Man U Are refered to as EPL champions same to Barca n Juventus in their respective leagues and on Saturday Bayern or Dortmund wil be refered to as the champions of Europe. My dear chelsea fans how will chelsea be called after winning the Europa league i need to know please.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by tuyi19: 12:18pm On May 22, 2013
@ op, what do you expect from all these devilish fans? last season Man u could not make it from the group stages of UCL and they dropped to EUROPA, they were beating there again, even when chelsea dropped to Europa, most united and asernal fans in my area said chlsea can never win europa because of tradition and i told them chelsea we win it, now that chelsea has won it, the story is the cup is worthless. next season, maun u is playing community shield cup with a relegated club from premier league while chlsen is playing super cup with UCL holder. to me clesea has a better season than united because:

1. They are the first club to hold the two biggest trophy in europe at the same time, they are currently the UCL champion until the new one in crowned and they are also the EUROPA champion.

2. They played united 6 times this season , they defeated them 3 times, 2 draws and only 1 loss to united.

3. EPL is a local trophy compare to EUropa that is continental tropyhy, it is like comparing Nigeria league trophy with CAF confideration cup.

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by kayfx2(m): 2:26pm On May 22, 2013
Cup for Losers my foot..No be same BASEL FC beat the shit outta Man u?

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by sixone: 3:05pm On May 22, 2013
Now, how many of u 8 year olds tot Athletico Madrid had a better season than Real Madrid last season when Athletico won Europa and Real won La Liga? ( Directed to Chelshit/ Mourinho fans) was it cos Mourinho was the coach of Real, u guys tot then Domestic league was superior to Europa (looser's) league?

2 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by sixone: 3:09pm On May 22, 2013
tuyi19: @ op, what do you expect from all these devilish fans? last season Man u could not make it from the group stages of UCL and they dropped to EUROPA, they were beating there again, even when chelsea dropped to Europa, most united and asernal fans in my area said chlsea can never win europa because of tradition and i told them chelsea we win it, now that chelsea has won it, the story is the cup is worthless. next season, maun u is playing community shield cup with a relegated club from premier league while chlsen is playing super cup with UCL holder. to me clesea has a better season than united because:

1. They are the first club to hold the two biggest trophy in europe at the same time, they are currently the UCL champion until the new one in crowned and they are also the EUROPA champion.

2. They played united 6 times this season , they defeated them 3 times, 2 draws and only 1 loss to united.

3. EPL is a local trophy compare to EUropa that is continental tropyhy, it is like comparing Nigeria league trophy with CAF confideration cup.

Hey!!! Mr. 9 year old. Did you ever talked about Athletico Madrid having a better season than Real last year when Athletico won Europa and Real won La liga? Or was it cos Mouthrinhoe was the coach of Real? Grow up kiddo. Europa was and has always been for the Middlesbrough, Evertons and Villas of the world. Small time clubs.

2 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by FBICIA(m): 4:31pm On May 22, 2013
Some people just talk without reasoning here......

Fine some Man United fan did som analysis that is fantastic saying man U had a better season because they met 1 of the set goals. That is 1 perspective

Looking at it from another Angle I think chelsea had a better season................

Season achievement
We are one of the champions of europe despite the number of games we play in a week through out the season and Man u played lesser number of games

We got to FA semi final, carling Semi final and the final of the world cup clubs on the other hand Man U didn't get any where near that except CFC

How many Man U players are in Premier league team? Only RVP while chelsea had Mata, Hazard and Cech

Finances
looking at the money that CFC will realise from UCL, EUropa, world cup, FA, carling and premier league

Head to head
We played 6 times chelsea won 3times drew2 lost 1

So it is very obvious that CFC had a better season KTBFFH!

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Fussbot: 5:50pm On May 22, 2013
FBI/CIA:
Some people just talk without reasoning here......

Fine some Man United fan did som analysis that is fantastic saying man U had a better season because they met 1 of the set goals. That is 1 perspective

Looking at it from another Angle I think chelsea had a better season................

Season achievement
We are one of the champions of europe despite the number of games we play in a week through out the season and Man u played lesser number of games

We got to FA semi final, carling Semi final and the final of the world cup clubs on the other hand Man U didn't get any where near that except CFC

How many Man U players are in Premier league team? Only RVP while chelsea had Mata, Hazard and Cech

Finances
looking at the money that CFC will realise from UCL, EUropa, world cup, FA, carling and premier league

Head to head
We played 6 times chelsea won 3times drew2 lost 1

So it is very obvious that CFC had a better season KTBFFH!
and after reasoning to ur peak,dis is d only crap u could pull out??

De gea,carrick,ferdinand,van persie were in d EPL team of d year...

And maybe u are talking about next season,cus dis season we played each oda 5times

Do I nid 2 school u more?

2 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by FBICIA(m): 6:18pm On May 22, 2013
What ever!!!
my point is Europer cup isn't losers cup plus CFC had a better season than Man U
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by sixone: 6:34pm On May 22, 2013
FBI/CIA:
What ever!!!
my point is Europer cup isn't losers cup plus CFC had a better season than Man U

After spilling some useless incorrect trash from your mouf, you now said "Whatever" like some spoilt teenage brat. Do your self a favour and jump off a bridge lil girl. #get facts before making comments on a public forum.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by yoji: 8:24am On May 23, 2013
This arguement is frankly ridiculous. Let's keep europa aside first, liverpool has more european championship trophies that man u, but man u has more domestic trophies than liverpool, and yet united is seen to have eclipsed liverpool in terms of superiority.
I remember wen man u was relegated to europa last season, fergie said it was a punishment for failing in champs league, b4 uefa forced him to apologise and change his tone. Don't get me wrong, winning any trophy is a good thing, but for a team like chelsea, it was jus a consolation that salvaged a tumultous season.
I remember redknap always playing his fringe players in europa cos to him it was a distraction. Even newcastle started feilding fringe players to focus on their relegation battle.
The fight for 4 spot in premeirship alone generated more interest than europa final with all due respect. Its not a matter of the team u support, its a matter of fact! That's y uefa keeps doing everythin possible to keep it relevant. It was re-branded, formatt changed, etc all in an effort generate interest.
Also a champs league drop out bein beaten in europa doesn't necessarily make it a stronger competition cos some of the drop-outs there aren't as motivated or uninterested. wen croatia played holland in france 98 world cup third place match, croatia won cos they were more motivated, as holland were favourites and had jus lost a close fought semi-final to brazil and croatia was playin in d worldcup for d first place

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by sixone: 11:17am On May 23, 2013
yoji: This arguement is frankly ridiculous. Let's keep europa aside first, liverpool has more european championship trophies that man u, but man u has more domestic trophies than liverpool, and yet united is seen to have eclipsed liverpool in terms of superiority.
I remember wen man u was relegated to europa last season, fergie said it was a punishment for failing in champs league, b4 uefa forced him to apologise and change his tone. Don't get me wrong, winning any trophy is a good thing, but for a team like chelsea, it was jus a consolation that salvaged a tumultous season.
I remember redknap always playing his fringe players in europa cos to him it was a distraction. Even newcastle started feilding fringe players to focus on their relegation battle.
The fight for 4 spot in premeirship alone generated more interest than europa final with all due respect. Its not a matter of the team u support, its a matter of fact! That's y uefa keeps doing everythin possible to keep it relevant. It was re-branded, formatt changed, etc all in an effort generate interest.
Also a champs league drop out bein beaten in europa doesn't necessarily make it a stronger competition cos some of the drop-outs there aren't as motivated or uninterested. wen croatia played holland in france 98 world cup third place match, croatia won cos they were more motivated, as holland were favourites and had jus lost a close fought semi-final to brazil and croatia was playin in d worldcup for d first place

10 gunshots for you bro. You sabi football and u just said it how it is. Love the part about redknapp and even Newcastle fielding a B side for europa which was a fact. i remember the likes of Gareth Bale never played a Europa league match under Redknapp cos he eas focused on securing a top 4 finish. So ya'll Chelsea fans, learn a thing a 2 abt football. Once again, how many of ya'll thought Athletico madrid (Europa league champions) had a better season than Real Madrid (La liga Champs) last year?
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by 1025: 11:19am On May 23, 2013
[b]Part three: Sir Alex Ferguson's biggest regrets

Manchester United's boss will regret missing out on Europa League glory in 2012

Sir Alex Ferguson will forever remain an icon at Manchester United. Furthermore, he certainly deserves to be seen as the best coach Britain has ever had and may ever produce.

However, if he is exemplary in terms of his management skills, the same cannot be said about his behaviour toward match officials or Europe’s second biggest club competition – the UEFA Europa League.

The glory of this tournament is in no way comparable to that of the UEFA Champions League. Still, every club that participates in the Europa League ought to respect it. After all, every club football trophy is made of the same thing: silver.

Chelsea did what Fergie should have done

When Chelsea became the first ever Champions League titleholders to finish third in the group stages of the competition, utter disappointment and panic struck Stamford Bridge. No Blues' supporter were expecting to play on Thursdays and see rival teams such as Arsenal and Manchester United enjoy Tuesday and Wednesday night football in Europe.

Di Matteo suffered the sack, Rafael Benitez got appointed as interim manager, and soon, the humiliation of going out of the UEFA Champions League in the first round quickly evaporated under the desire of transforming negativity into positivity.

The Blues had only one new target on the continental stage: to chase the big UEFA Europa League trophy and finish their European adventure on a much better note than any other club that would fail in the 2012/13 Champions League.

Like a boss, Rafael Benitez ignored his critics and managed his assets wisely. Meanwhile, he was under pressure to secure a third-place finish in the English Premier League and defend Chelsea’s FA Cup crown. Benitez narrowly missed out on the latter task but successfully offered his team automatic Champions League tickets for the 2013/14 season. In between time, the ex-Liverpool boss lifted the 2012/13 UEFA Europa League title, and he did it in style.

Rafa made good use of midfielders Frank Lampard and Oscar as well as secret strikers David Luiz and Branislav Ivanovic. The Spanish coach also benefited from the remarkable influence of Fernando Torres in the tournament. In unity, Chelsea reverenced the UEFA Europa League trophy and Lady Luck smiled back at them on May 19 at the expense of Portugal’s cursed European adventurers, Benfica.

Ungrateful Ferguson missed out on Europa League glory

Roll back the months, roll back the years and observe what happened in 2011. Manchester United dramatically flopped in the Champions League, allowing this season’s Europa League semi-finalists FC Basel to condemn them to a third-place finish in their table.

“Now we are in a competition I have never been in with Manchester United. It does mean Sundays, right through, and Thursday-Sunday matches. That has to be dealt with. That is our penalty for not qualifying,” Ferguson moaned as the Daily Mail reported in December 2011.

But how is Europa League football a ‘penalty’ for clubs that finish third in the group stages of the Champions League? If you see it that way, you are probably an ungrateful person. First round demotion from the Champions League to the Europa League should actually be seen as getting a second life after death. It is a priceless opportunity to reach the throne of winners at the end of a European season.

Inevitably, Alex Ferguson’s comments drew the attention of UEFA boss Michel Platini. The Frenchman was direct in his criticism of the Manchester United manager:

“The world does not revolve around England. […] You shouldn't criticise the Europa League just because you've played in three Champions League finals [in four seasons].”

Platini added: “The Europa League is a brilliant competition, it's amazing. I know Mr Ferguson would have preferred to be in the Champions League but so would many clubs who don't have that possibility.”

Fergie attempted to cool the fire he started against UEFA by replying:

“The point I made about it being a punishment was only in the sense of for 20 years, this club has only thought about the Champions League. We have just thought about winning that European Cup.

“The punishment is the big disappointment of not challenging for it this year, having been in three finals in the last four years. It was not a slight against the Europa League. It is a competition we want to win.”

In truth, Manchester United did not want to sacrifice efforts in the Europa League. Key player Patrice Evra, in all his disillusionment, confessed the actual fact in the aftermath of the Red Devils’ 2011/12 UEFA Champions League group stage exit. He told reporters:

“It's embarrassing to be in the Europa League. I’m not ready for it and the way I feel now, it's Champions League or nothing. It feels like a dream.”

Indeed, Manchester United crashed out in the Europa League round-of-16 to eventual runners-up Athletic Bilbao.

Rafael Benitez has a tip for Alex Ferguson

On Sir Alex Ferguson’s list of rival managers, Rafael Benitez was perhaps the one Fergie rivalled most. And it is that particular man, Rafa, who taught the Old Scot and his Manchester United a great lesson entitled: ‘how to bounce back from a Champions League fiasco to claim silverware in the UEFA Europa League’. Only a humble attitude can acquire you that.

Ferguson's regrets - the end

One this note, I draw a conclusion to my ‘Three big mistakes Ferguson did in his last three seasons’ series. His failure to bounce back against Pep Guardiola’s Barcelona in the 2011 UEFA Champions League, his inability to retort to Manchester City’s 2011 FA Cup success in his last two seasons, and his wrong approach in the 2011/12 UEFA Europa League sum up my take. These were key elements a figure as big as Sir Alex Ferguson should not have missed in his three final seasons at Manchester United.

http://www.givemefootball.com/347090-part-three-sir-alex-fergusons-biggest-regrets[/b]

i hope this page and news from a more informed source will help/guide us the more as we discuss. the problem here is, some minds are made up so no matter what prove you raise, u are on ur own. remain and remain informed for those who want to learn. arguments are made easier these with the availability of internet even on 3310. the problem is that we have refused to make use of what we have.
i love this line below;

The Blues had only one new target on the continental stage: to chase the big UEFA Europa League trophy and finish their European adventure on a much better note than any other club that would fail in the 2012/13 Champions League.

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Mustay(m): 2:43pm On May 23, 2013
1025:

i

I love this part! Sums e'thing up! The British (rightly or wrongly) massage what is theirs. Realistically, how many teams can win the UCL every season? Just 1.

People just find silly excuses for others' successes. It's a game. A competition is much more different than a 30 or more weeks league. Congratulate those who achieve and move on!!!!
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by sixone: 5:00pm On May 23, 2013
Mustay:

I love this part! Sums e'thing up! The British (rightly or wrongly) massage what is theirs. Realistically, how many teams can win the UCL every season? Just 1.

People just find silly excuses for others' successes. It's a game. A competition is much more different than a 30 or more weeks league. Congratulate those who achieve and move on!!!!

Ignorant clown! Did athletico Madrid achieve more than Real last season by winning Europa league? Lil kids that started watching football Roman Abramovich/ Mourinhoe Chelsea era

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Mustay(m): 6:23pm On May 23, 2013
Your post indeed shows how old you are. The more reason why I avoid online forum discussions - such arrogance. Resorting to insults when opinions do not align with yours shows your 'confidence level'.
By the way, I was born in 2001. Smh
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by 1025: 10:27pm On May 23, 2013
six one:

Ignorant clown! Did athletico Madrid achieve more than Real last season by winning Europa league? Lil kids that started watching football Roman Abramovich/ Mourinhoe Chelsea era

you are right if you say when i began to watch ball and am sure you started watching ball before the invention of television sets. what have you achieved for watching ball since 1925? is life about how far or how well? the post was not written by a nigerian neither was it written by mourinho. if u are the intelligent old man that you claim, one would expect you to go and make research to counter what we have here but as a loser, you have no choice than to resort to insults.making noise on internet or insulting ppl does not make u the great football scholar you are dreaming of. what can you say about the epl that is over-taken by controversial decisions of ferguson infested league? i can authoritatively tell you that an enyimba in epl with the fraudulent decisions in favour of man u this season will surely win the epl.
man u this season was a shadow of their own self and winning the epl the way they did was a shame to football. if you can drop your insults and challenge this position, i will not waste time in proving same with pictures well positioned enough to show u that in the 5 meeting between chelsea and man u this season, the only time man u won was the game in which two criminal red cards were given to chelsea and an offside goal decided the game against nine men chelsea.
against liverpool, the pic is still there to show u that evra who went for a header landed the ball on vidic who was already in an offside position. against a weak west ham, van persie scored from an offside position. i have mentioned a criminal nine points that i can prove to you. i am yet to mention the dives and penalties. if you a man u in epl, why were u woman u in europe? last season and this season chelsea proved a point and the massage was too clear.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by 1025: 10:36pm On May 23, 2013
Mustay: Your post indeed shows how old you are. The more reason why I avoid online forum discussions - such arrogance. Resorting to insults when opinions do not align with yours shows your 'confidence level'.
By the way, I was born in 2001. Smh

look at the pics below and come up with something different from insults. a wigan in man u position will win the epl. glory be to refs especially howard webb and mark clattenberg.
epl officiating is the worst in the history of man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Manchester United Trashed And Humiliated At Home To Liverpool / Juve Bought Me To Win Champions League, Says Ronaldo / Real Madrid vs Liverpool UCL (1 - 0) On 15th March 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.