Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? (27597 Views)

Obvious Similarities Between Manchester United And Barcelona. / Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! / Arsenal And Chelsea Track £13m Italy Star -riccardo Montolivo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by orelove4liff: 11:25am On May 21, 2013
misterh: Winning the Europa league DOES NOT take you to the FIFA Club World Cup. The Club World Cup is for champions of each continent. By champion of each continent, that means it's either BVB or B/Munich that's gonna go this season.
thank u very much for lecturin dat empty-headed chelsea fan.it's a pity dat most chelsea fan dont knw anytin abt futball.i stil cant bliev a chelsea fan can say winnin europa league wil take u to club world cup.chelsea fans are d best lol
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by gabito2: 11:26am On May 21, 2013
A̶̲̥̅я̩̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ Ʊ guys mad? H☺ώ can you compare europa cup to a domestic cup, d money no be d same sef, domestic Ȋ̝̊̅§ domestic, international Ȋ̝̊̅§ international, when man Ʊ wey disgraced last seasoopin to europa, they were further disgraced by basel home and away, just imagine, and chelsea finished basel, stop all d stupid mentality and say d truth, chelsea achieved more dis season

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by dopeJemi: 11:27am On May 21, 2013
delors: I think Chelsea did! They had a more interesting and adventurous season than man United. Check the stats, last year to this year, the most searched club on google was Chelsea! The club with the fastest growing fan club base (registered fans i mean) is chelsea! I can tell you that even non-chelsea fans know the name of every chelsea player, but how many kids around can tell you all the eleven regulars in Man United? And finally, regardless of what Man United fans think about Europa league, they would have been happier to be in that league after dropping out of the UCL but because they always find a way to discredit Chelsea's adventures, they say Europa league is less prestiguos to the EPL, but tell them to check the worth of each trophy in terms of revenue and popularity.
My verdict: ChELSEA had a more interesting season than MAN UNITED...even ROONEY and RONALDO are considering switching to the club! That should tell people something.
sir! Rooney and ronaLdo r not considering anything, know d meaning of SpecuLations
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by moscobabs(m): 11:27am On May 21, 2013
[quote author=misterh]Man Utd had a better season. This is because they achieved their set objective which was to win the EPL. On the other hand, Chelsea did not have the intention of playing in the Europa league. They had no choice but to play in the Europa league after being dumped outta the UCL.[/quote
I disagree with u joor.Evry team set objective in winning UCL,League,FA even Calling cup bt some were compensate with one cup or the other.
On who got the best achievement.Chelsea got more than Man-u despite that chelsea played more games than Man-u they still won the Euro trophy which is better than local trophy of that of MAN-U.Chelsea haters can go to hell!!!!
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by misterh(m): 11:27am On May 21, 2013
delors: I think Chelsea did! They had a more interesting and adventurous season than man United. Check the stats, last year to this year, the most searched club on google was Chelsea! The club with the fastest growing fan club base (registered fans i mean) is chelsea! I can tell you that even non-chelsea fans know the name of every chelsea player, but how many kids around can tell you all the eleven regulars in Man United? And finally, regardless of what Man United fans think about Europa league, they would have been happier to be in that league after dropping out of the UCL but because they always find a way to discredit Chelsea's adventures, they say Europa league is less prestiguos to the EPL, but tell them to check the worth of each trophy in terms of revenue and popularity.
My verdict: ChELSEA had a more interesting season than MAN UNITED...even ROONEY and RONALDO are considering switching to the club! That should tell people something.
If Rooney and Ronaldo are considering switching to Chelsea, it can't be because Chelsea won the EL. It's even an insult on Ronaldo to link him with the Europa league, directly or indirectly.

Ps: Rooney and Ronaldo are not considering going to Chelsea. Those are all unconfirmed rumours.

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by moscobabs(m): 11:28am On May 21, 2013
Evry team set objective in winning UCL,League,FA even Calling cup bt some were compensate with one cup or the other.
On who got the best achievement.Chelsea got more than Man-u despite that chelsea played more games than Man-u they still won the Euro trophy which is better than local trophy of that of MAN-U.Chelsea haters can go to hell!!!!

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Etumgbe(m): 11:28am On May 21, 2013
say watever u like all trophy must bow for chelsea. Almighty BLUES

2 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by texazzpete(m): 11:29am On May 21, 2013
jhydebaba: If Chelsea's feat this season was nothing and europa is for small teams, why can't MAN UTD win the trophy when they had the opportunity last time

Abeg, stop beefing, no be meat tongue

Chelsea won in EUROPE while man utd won in ENGLAND.

Now tell me between a continent and a country which is superior cheesy

Based on this logic, winning the World Club championship is more prestigious that winning the Champions League.

Afterall, WORLD is bigger than EUROPE abi? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by jude33084(m): 11:30am On May 21, 2013
Rehnoy: what are u even saying? Can't get a tin in wat u've written,

I am still waiting for the result of your search wink
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by olumaxi(m): 11:31am On May 21, 2013
dopeJemi: cuz dey r 4rm europe doesn't mean dey r very good, don't 4get, dey r aLso 4rm deir respective Leagues, u guys had a bumby ride compared 2 us dat pLayed d Likes of man city,ur own team, LiverpooL, arsenal, tottenham, everton, swansea and d rest, Twice.. If it was dat easy, u guys wudnt be fighting 4 a top 4 finish.. CheLsea just went straight 2 d knock out phase and pLayed d Likes of bucharest, braga, and kazan.. U guys had 1 helL of a bumby ride compared 2 us
but u guys were in europa last season wea u played d likes of basel n bilbao but couldnt win a single match

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 11:31am On May 21, 2013
So pathetic. Most of the posters here don't know anything about football. The team that drops out of UCL round of 16 makes more money than the team that wins Europa cup. Domestic league is 100% better than Europa cup. 38 matches for a team over a long period of time and a play quench competition would never be the same bro. Why do you think some teams withdraw from Caf champions league each year? Chelsea will pay 100million bucks just to make round of 16 each year than to win europa cup. Man united had a better season bros. If Chelsea's season was awesome then they should organise an open bus parade to celebrate that trophy let's see. Even chelsea owner avoided the final because he has no goose pimple from the competition

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by kingbuchyno: 11:33am On May 21, 2013
I will give it to Chelsea this is because ManU had the same opportunity last season when they were kicked out of UCL and obviously failed to achieve what Chelsea has done with easy. UP BLUES.... grin
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by anishe(m): 11:35am On May 21, 2013
try69: Well..I and my friends engaged in an instant discussion on BBM group chat after chelsea's triumph yesterday night.

As a blue fan I was like "chelsea had a more successful season for winning a european trophy compared to Man U who won a domestic one".

My Man U friends were quick to bash me saying "The EPL is more a gracious trophy to the EUROPA".

I needed to bring this here to get a wider view point.

My analysis scale was UCL - EUROPA - DoMEsTIC. Just like PRESIDENT(UCL) - VICE PRESIDENT(EUROPA) - GOVERNOR (DOMESTIC) grin grin

What's your opinion?

You have said it all!

Man U- Local Champion

Chelsea-Double European Champions

Blue all the way.

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by onyxo76(m): 11:35am On May 21, 2013
both had good season with each of them winning a trophy. its difficult for me to compare because one won a domestic trophy while the other won a european one. man utd had a good buy in RVP who won a trophy at last after waiting for some years with arsenal.
chelsea on the other hand had a more interesting season with the sacking of di-mateo and bringing on board a "rival" club's
former manager leading to some controversy etc.
overall it was a good season for both...
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Shefyl(m): 11:36am On May 21, 2013
dopeJemi: United of course.. Ask benitez or abramovic, a top team like cheLsea shudnt be in d europa League in first pLace, u guys were ashamed 2 be in it at first, imagine barca or madrid pLaying in d europa League, if u think d europa League cup is more prestigious dan the premier League Trophy, why don't u guys let arsenal and tottenham quaLify 4 d Champions League and u guys shud keep on pLaying in d europa League, I mean, who watches soccer on thursdays and fridays grin. D cheLsea pLayers wud av Loved 2 win d premier League trophy rather dan d europa League cup, trust Me wink
U said it well, a team dat has opportunity 2 collect 7 trophies bt just able 2 collect 1 due to failure in ucl aren't a success @all

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by rashmanovic: 11:36am On May 21, 2013
Willgates:

I'l certainly choose d europa ova n over again...reason being dat d EPL aint realy dat tense esp.wen d tournament z approaching itz end n a team z leading d table wit a gud margin as compared to d former. [my thoughts tho]

Then you know some1 is high here *shakes head*
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Shefyl(m): 11:39am On May 21, 2013
kingbuchyno: I will give it to Chelsea this is because ManU had the same opportunity last season when they were kicked out of UCL and obviously failed to achieve what Chelsea has done with easy. UP BLUES.... grin
there is no need of including last season as a factor 4 ur decision
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 11:39am On May 21, 2013
ARSENAL cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by misterh(m): 11:40am On May 21, 2013
The logic most people are using to judge is so not it. So because Man Utd got knocked outta the EL last season now makes the Europa League prestigious That translates to mean that the Carling Cup is more prestigious than the EPL because Swansea won it and all the big teams in England did not.

Like someone said, if Chelsea are so elated to have won the Europa league, why did they not organise an open bus parade of the trophy?

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by dopeJemi: 11:40am On May 21, 2013
u cheLsea fans shud just telL urseLves d truth, did u guys pLan 4 d europa League b4 u dropped 2 it? WilL u be happy if u guys pLay in d europa League every season? since its a big deal 2 y'alL.. Dese r wat a top manager's objectives shud be

# d domestic cup

# d champions League cup

# d FA cup

# d carLing cup

D europa League cup is not even in d List, its a consoLation 4 faiLure, every cLub wanna finish in d top4 why? Cuz dey wanna pLay in d CL and if dey faiL, dey consoLe themseLves with d europa League, why was arsenaL fighting 4 a top 4 finish if d Europa League was such a big deaL, alL of a sudden, d europa League is prestigious cuz u guys found urseLves in it, stop d biased argument guys, if na united win d EL una 4 no dey taLK Like dis, if viLanova carry barca go europa League next season dem go sack am

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by jude33084(m): 11:41am On May 21, 2013
Rehnoy: So u meant to count losses? Okay na. Check ur statistics against man utd and tell me what it looks like.

I am not checking statistics against manU, someone said chelsea played with the likes of "braga" Bassel and co tht is why I ask for more research smiley
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Decryptor(m): 11:42am On May 21, 2013
The OP is so deluded! He brought a topic for "an opinion" to the table and he is arguing baselessly? Since ur europa cup is vital and more prestigious, why seek opinion?

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Afam4eva(m): 11:42am On May 21, 2013
Why do we just like arguing over nothing. No local even is more important or prestigious than an international event. The premiership is a competition for clubs in England while Europa is for clubs in Europe, so common sense should suggest that the one that involves European clubs is more important. Even if there's a third-tier European competition it would still be more important than the premiership. A vice president is more important than a governor. A deputy governor is more important than a local government chairman etc etc.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by holuphisayor(m): 11:46am On May 21, 2013
Its manchester united.......how could someone who had lost chances to win a major trophy this season have a better season than united. Moreso,a premier league winner nets around £40million while europa league nets £9million
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by dopeJemi: 11:46am On May 21, 2013
olumaxi: but u guys were in europa last season wea u played d likes of basel n bilbao but couldnt win a single match
we weren't interested, I was ashamed seeing my team pLay on thursdays and fridays, I was happy we got eLiminated, it was better dan watching dem pLay every thursday
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by wendieposh: 11:48am On May 21, 2013
ManU. If Chelsea thinks they had a better year than ManU because the won Europa League(which is less prestigious compared to EPL or UEFA),they must be delusional or just clowns.Lol

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 11:48am On May 21, 2013
Rehnoy: Chelsea are whopping asses, Man united are winning TROPHIES.

In all his years as Man U coach,how many championsleague trophies did fergie win ? Chelsea win reign continentally this year while Man u will reign at home,so who is more recongized outside England ?
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Afam4eva(m): 11:50am On May 21, 2013
holuphisayor: Its manchester united.......how could someone who had lost chances to win a major trophy this season have a better season than united. Moreso,a premier league winner nets around £40million while europa league nets £9million
A Nigerian senator earns more than Barack Obama. Are they more than the American president? Put your thinking cap on. The prize money has nothing to do with it.

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by jude33084(m): 11:50am On May 21, 2013
olumaxi: but u guys were in europa last season wea u played d likes of basel n bilbao but couldnt win a single match

Thank you my brother for that wink

I tire for manU fans o cheesy

Comparing a team with double European champions with that of a single domestic tittle tongue

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by chiborado: 11:50am On May 21, 2013
Some pple are funny. Becos its Chelsea and some1 chose to be subjective.
1. Last season both Manchester teams got knocked out of the UCL like Chelsea this season and @ Europa were furhter taken out by so called less prestigeous teams in Europe. Nobody talked Bullshit.
2.Again in the just concluded season, Basel that chelsea beat mercilessly knocked out highly rated Eng team like Spurs.
3.Of course Europa trophy shud be placed above English trophy becos England is a scion of Europe.just that Man U finished on high and a record of 20 Epl troophies, brand where as history tends to eclipes Chelsea recent success.if Man U had won it last year after missing Epl, won't they sing praises and claim addition of European title.
4.Finally for the records, Chelsea made history as the 4th team in the world to have won all European trophies and the only English team to win Back to Back European titles. As 4 those saying Chelsea contested 4 7 tropihes, is it not only 1 trophy that Man U won this season? Pls learn to be objective in all U do. For Instance,Arsenal plays the best football in Eng, but have not won any trophy 4 morethan 7 yrs in a row. Their Fans claim club profit and history as consolation. They forgot that as a fan, ur fun, joy and happiness is continueous tropies, fans have no share in club's profit. Also history can be overtaken by some1 who have hitherto been winning trophies from past 7 yrs and will continue to win atleast 1 trophy every 2yrs.

4 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by rashmanovic: 11:51am On May 21, 2013
Afam4eva: Why do we just like arguing over nothing. No local even is more important or prestigious than an international event. The premiership is a competition for clubs in England while Europa is for clubs in Europe, so common sense should suggest that the one that involves European clubs is more important. Even if there's a third-tier European competition it would still be more important than the premiership. A vice president is more important than a governor. A deputy governor is more important than a local government chairman etc etc.

i think people like you needs advice from your 8 year old brother before typing here!!! Europa Cup is more of like little teams who couldnt compete with the best!!! is that your class now? CHelsHit

2 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by jude33084(m): 11:52am On May 21, 2013
dopeJemi: we weren't interested, I was ashamed seeing my team pLay on thursdays and fridays, I was happy we got eLiminated, it was better dan watching dem pLay every thursday

keep deceiving yourself cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Manchester United Trashed And Humiliated At Home To Liverpool / Juve Bought Me To Win Champions League, Says Ronaldo / Real Madrid vs Liverpool UCL (1 - 0) On 15th March 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.