Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,929 members, 7,824,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria (34638 Views)

We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze / Open Letter To Alhaji Aliko Dangote On Northern Nigeria And Boko Haram / We ‘re On Northern Govs’payroll – Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by Kei144(m): 10:39am On May 17, 2013
ACM10: I see Aguiyi Ironsi scenario replaying itself here. Jonathan must be a ret/ard if he thinks that northerners are not out to get his head

solopumpy227:

I am sorry Sir. But the last time I checked, recruitment into the Nigerian Armed Forces is by quota system and there are 19 States in the North Sir.

I am also worried that there are reports that in several cases in Bornu BH usually get to know of Nigerian Army's plans before they are executed.

The most difficult war is fighting your "own" (an enemy within). For your reference you can pick any book on Nigerian coups and you will understand many possible outcomes of this expedition.

Going by a dream that I had in 2006, I know that Babangida will lead a coup that will kill Johnathan and a number of his aides. Ijaw people should get ready for their response to this event that will soon take place.
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by esanland: 10:41am On May 17, 2013
solopumpy227:

You guys are kids. Showing hatred towards Hausa/Fulani for their many "sins" is not helping President Jonathan and his FG.

You guys talking bravely and fighting the war with your key-boards in the comfort of your rooms. I can assure you the Main Man has, probably, not slept for two hours in the last two days. War is not a tea party and when you are left with the option of turning guns against your own people then you there will be weaknesses in your strength.
Naija no e Amen. Tea party in my foot
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by luvinhubby(m): 10:41am On May 17, 2013
solopumpy227:

I am sorry Sir. But the last time I checked, recruitment into the Nigerian Armed Forces is by quota system and there are 19 States in the North Sir.

I am also worried that there are reports that in several cases in Bornu BH usually get to know of Nigerian Army's plans before they are executed.

The most difficult war is fighting your "own" (an enemy within). For your reference you can pick any book on Nigerian coups and youexpedition.
I hope you did not include Benue, Plateau, Taraba & Kwara among the 19 northern states.
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:42am On May 17, 2013
This body is the financier of boko haram, they want to kill innocent and be rewarded through amnesty. Useless cattles rearers
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by Onasa22: 10:42am On May 17, 2013
Fellow Nigerians, it's now obvious that Northern elders are the sponsors of Boko Haram, if war against Boko Haram could be regarded as war against the Northerners

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by bonetalk(m): 10:42am On May 17, 2013
Coward, they never see anything..... ija sese bere ni!
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by vanstanzy(m): 10:43am On May 17, 2013
igbsam: Northern elders on Thursday broke their silence on the slamming of state of emergency in three of their states, describing the action of President Goodluck Jonathan as an indirect declaration of war on the Northern part of Nigeria.

The President’s action, which took the northern elders by surprise, is coming barely three weeks after Jonathan accepted a roadmap from the NEF on how to end the Boko Haram insurgency in parts of the north.

The elders had successfully impressed upon the Presidency to raise the Boko Haram committee to dialogue with the sect with a view to restoring elusive peace to the region. Jonathan, who met with the NEF leadership in Abuja in April, subsequently inaugurated the Turaki-led BH committee with a mandate to broker peace with the sect and compensate their victims within a two-month timeframe.

However, shortly after inaugurating the panel, the sect leadership rejected the amnesty offer, saying that it is the government that should seek amnesty for having killed its Muslim brothers across the country.

But a spokesman for the NEF, Prof Ango Abdullahi, who relayed the position of the group on Thursday, told Vanguard that they were disappointed by the sudden change of tactic by Jonathan on how to resolve the crisis in the north.

“It is very sad for us to see that the President has easily changed direction from dialogue and reconciliation to war in his bid to end the cycle of violence in the north,” Abdullahi said.

More soon

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/youve-declared-war-on-northern-nigeria-nef-tells-jonathan/

This Northerners are the ones behind the chaos going on in the country. They know what they are doing.

These Northerners make it sound as though its a bad thing to declare war in the North. I was of the opinion that they would be used to it by now, undecided undecided undecided I mean they "Sleep Jihad, Eat Jihad and Think Jihad", so it shouldn't be a problem to them, should it?. wink wink wink
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by daylae(m): 10:43am On May 17, 2013
Well, the "elders" should talk to their deranged youths. The president tried adopting "the carrot approach",but to no avail. No groups should be allowed to hold us all to ransom.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by vanstanzy(m): 10:44am On May 17, 2013
Onasa22: Fellow Nigerians, it's now obvious that Northern elders are the sponsors of Boko Haram, if war against Boko Haram could be regarded as war against the Northerners

Gbam! there u have it, "a believer". Thumbs up jor! wink wink wink
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by gameboy727(m): 10:44am On May 17, 2013
Na wa for nothern elders o. These people would not just let the president be.
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 10:46am On May 17, 2013
luvinhubby:
I hope you did not include Benue, Plateau, Taraba & Kwara among the 19 northern states.

Nd kogi
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by blayz0923: 10:47am On May 17, 2013
its so sad the way things are turning out.

just watching, and waiting for the 4 AK-47 riffles I ordered for.
Enough shit has hit the fan already.
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by Evestar200(f): 10:47am On May 17, 2013
dannio:

l was going to be silent about this they should watch jigawa,kano,katsina,gombe,bauchi,nassarawa,benue,kaduna,abuja,kogi,kaduna,sokoto,zamfara,niger,taraba,kwara very very closely
They should mount serious surveillance in the above mentioned states
they shld declare SOE in all the northern states including abuja,cuz no northern state is safe since GEJ has declared SOE in 3 of the northern states
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by gbadexy(m): 10:47am On May 17, 2013
ACM10: I see Aguiyi Ironsi scenario replaying itself here. Jonathan must be a ret/ard if he thinks that northerners are not out to get his head
You may be right!
•̸Ϟ•̸y advice is for him to constitute his guard of brigade or whatever it is called mainly of trusted ijaw or southern soldiers.
Learning from history is important, the soldiers guarding ironsi were the ones who abducted him, danjuma went to fajuyi's residence with a few soldiers ( about 3 or so) and they spoke hausa to the head of the guard after which he ordered his troops to hand down their weapon and stylishly arm the hausas amongst them.
I am not a fan of jonathan but he is right with this SOE and I wouldn't want any harm to come to him anyway.
Gowon's guards were composed of trusted middle beltans and I think the president shouldn't make the same mistake ironsi made, hausas are behind themselves always. He should at least constitute a guard with an ijaw commander and mostly of ijaw troops or a parallel special guards complementing existing ones.
The boko haram situation is a no winning situation for the president, the north doesn't want him and anything he does would only be misrepresented to further fuel his dislike by the illiterate almajiris.
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 10:48am On May 17, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: To my fellow Biafrans, please come home. They(northerners) might take to the streets tomorow after their jumat service.
SECONDED
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 10:48am On May 17, 2013
Q1. If you don't think that northerns
supports terrorisim, why did you see the
SOE declaration to fight terrorists as a Fight
against Notherners?.
Q2. How are NEF members helping the fight
against terror?.
Q3. How can war against terror turn into
war against northerners if both are not
Closely Related?.
Q4. Why does fighting a terrorist infested
states result to fighting Northern Nigeria, if
N.Nig has nothing to do with Terrorism?.
All ur Questions r embede in 1 & 2. Y scatter dem in 4 places?
against Notherners?.
against terror?.
Closely Related?.

against Notherners?.
against terror?.
Closely Related?.
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by leonshom(m): 10:48am On May 17, 2013
Northern leaders r d major cause of their problems !
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by vanstanzy(m): 10:48am On May 17, 2013
Lateef9961: Awon olori buruku eda,northern leaderx ar d prob. Of dix country walai,northern folkx ruled naija 4 ova 31 yrx yet dia infrastructure x ntin 2 write ohm abt,day ar stil d poorest in d country. Insha Allah u wil al perish in d lake of fire if u dnt amend ur ways.

Must ur kind always start by cursing Na wao! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by domiron: 10:48am On May 17, 2013
mtcheeeew!....nonsense talk....
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by Lilimax(f): 10:49am On May 17, 2013
laylow001: *Vice President -North.
*Senate President -North.
*Speaker House of Reps - North.
*PDP National Chairman - North.
*Head of Service - North.
*19 Northern Governors
* Highest number of Senators and House of Rep members
*CBN Governor - North.
*INEC Chairman - North.
*Inspector General of Police - North.
*National Security Adviser - North.
*Chief of Defense Staff - North.
*Chief Justice of federation - North.
*President Court of Appeal - North.
*EFCC Chairman - North
*NNPC GMD - North
* NDIC - North.
*President Federal high court - North.
* 9 of 13 president of Nigeria North
*Controller, Customs Service - North.
*Controller Prison Services - North.
*Richest man in Africa - North.
*80% of Petroleum Marketers in Nigeria -
Northerners.
*60% of Oil Block Owners in Nigeria -
Northerners.
*85% of beggars in Nigeria - Northerners
*Boko Haram - North.
*Anti-Unity of Nigeria - Core-Northerners.
* the Poorest Nigerian citizens - Core-Northerners
* Highest level of illiteracy - Core Northerners
*Cant tolerate others - Northerners
*Must have only our own way - Northerners
* Have resources and wont utilize it - The Northerners
What the heck is wrong with this Northerners??
cheesy cheesy Tell me,What else do they want from Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by bootlegaz: 10:49am On May 17, 2013
Anyone seen or heard from APC flag bearer? I mean Buhari? He maybe hiding some where in Osun state
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by confusion247(m): 10:50am On May 17, 2013
van bonattel:

The truth is....... the north is screwed!

Hated by the whole south for mismanaging Nigeria, forced by boko haram to accept a strict religion, divided in their opinion about Jonathan, confused about their future and afraid of losing oyel moni. The north is no longer as strong as they used to be. Jonathan is killing them silently.
And boko haram will bomb them back to stone age.
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by jidewin(m): 10:50am On May 17, 2013
And so bloody what if he does, you bunch of hypocrites?. angry angry angry angry
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by confusion247(m): 10:51am On May 17, 2013
bootlegaz: Anyone seen or heard from APC flag bearer? I mean Buhari? He maybe hiding some where in Osun state
No he is in Tinubu's house in Ajegunle grin

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by lonelydora: 10:52am On May 17, 2013
Via Vanguard

FLASHBACK 2009: WHAT AREWA ELDERS SAID ABOUT JTF ACTION AGAINST NIGER DELTA MILITANTS

Extract from AREWA press statement addressing the JTF military action on Niger Delta Militants, during the Yaradua Admin in June 2009, signed by ACF National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Anthony Sani,

“The ACF observed the increase in the insurgent activities of the militants in the Niger Delta region and the corresponding responses by the JTF of the Armed Forces. Nobody with his right head, with a heart and with patriotic courage, can withhold support for JTF, and thus, for the Federal Government over the current campaigns against the militants for the express purpose of bringing the situation under effective control.

“No responsible government can afford to fold its hands and watch a few misguided elements of its citizens hold the nation, including their own people and communities, to ransom.

“More depressing, the will of the Armed Forces is being challenged when their members are killed in the course of their national assignment. In such circumstances, government cannot reasonably be expected to shirk in its responsibility of maintaining law and order. Hence the recent campaigns by the Operation Restore Hope by the military, aimed at ridding the Niger Delta region of criminal activities of the militants.

“The campaigns must necessarily come with collateral damages, the JTF must maintain at its possible minimum.

“This is how the current actions of the military in the Niger Delta should be viewed by all ‘fair-minded’ individuals with ‘patriotic courage.”

Excerpted from Niger Delta: Between Jtf Attacks And Arewa's Insensitive Remarks – Sahara Reporters, June 5, 2009.
They know what they are doing...... There was a country called Nigeria indeed. Can't wait to get a new passport in the new country.

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 10:52am On May 17, 2013
Toks2008: Nigeria may breakup before 2015 ? OPC leader, Fasheun - DailyPost Nigeria. Nigeria may break up before 2015 if ... — Balarabe Musa

I am saying it for the avoidance of doubt that Nigeria will break up. Whether we pray or not, it is the wish of God. I know many people may not like to hear this. Some may be saying why is this man talking like this, but it is what God has decreed. Nigeria will not experience peace until it breaks up. I don’t know when it will happen but it will come to pass.-Primate OLABAYO.

Let us check the map of Nigeria very well and we will see that the master planner, the creator of mankind and the earth has clearly divided this country into three with river Niger and benue. Until we revert to this plan, we will never have headway in this country.Toks
which God are u talking about. Not the true God. He wants peace. Whoever reads this. Remember this statement, and mark my words. Nigeria is one. Naija will not break up. Naija will have peace and tranquility. Light will shine once more, and the light will stay. The devil wants to tear this country apart. God wants to build it up. We pray for an end to tribalism, to hatred. We pray for light and peace
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by domiron: 10:53am On May 17, 2013
[quote author=arttysticfyngaz]
against Notherners?.
against terror?.
Closely Related?.
against Notherners?.
against terror?.
Closely Related?.

against Notherners?.
against terror?.
Closely Related?.
All ur Questions r embede in 1 & 2. Y scatter dem in 4 places?[/quot]

Northern leaders should answer these essay questions please(not trying to be funny
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by vanstanzy(m): 10:55am On May 17, 2013
igbsam: Northern elders on Thursday broke their silence on the slamming of state of emergency in three of their states, describing the action of President Goodluck Jonathan as an indirect declaration of war on the Northern part of Nigeria.

The President’s action, which took the northern elders by surprise, is coming barely three weeks after Jonathan accepted a roadmap from the NEF on how to end the Boko Haram insurgency in parts of the north.

The elders had successfully impressed upon the Presidency to raise the Boko Haram committee to dialogue with the sect with a view to restoring elusive peace to the region. Jonathan, who met with the NEF leadership in Abuja in April, subsequently inaugurated the Turaki-led BH committee with a mandate to broker peace with the sect and compensate their victims within a two-month timeframe.

However, shortly after inaugurating the panel, the sect leadership rejected the amnesty offer, saying that it is the government that should seek amnesty for having killed its Muslim brothers across the country.

But a spokesman for the NEF, Prof Ango Abdullahi, who relayed the position of the group on Thursday, told Vanguard that they were disappointed by the sudden change of tactic by Jonathan on how to resolve the crisis in the north.

“It is very sad for us to see that the President has easily changed direction from dialogue and reconciliation to war in his bid to end the cycle of violence in the north,” Abdullahi said.

More soon

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/youve-declared-war-on-northern-nigeria-nef-tells-jonathan/

This Northerners are the ones behind the chaos going on in the country. They know what they are doing.

Eyaaah! undecided undecided undecided Now see what y'all made innocent Joe boi do, u've all pushed him to the wall, and now he's mad with the "BLOOD RAGE!". wink wink

WAR definitely is not the best of solutions and has never been, but at this rate what can be done?
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by gerald09(m): 10:55am On May 17, 2013
solopumpy227: Oh Lord take control...civil war is not an option now...
Don't worry with the type of SOE GEJ declared civil war can't happen, civilians are still ruling
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by tdade(m): 10:56am On May 17, 2013
Kei144:

Going by a dream that I had in 2006, I know that Babangida will lead a coup that will kill Johnathan and a number of his aides. Ijaw people should get ready for their response to this event that will soon take place.
I honestly have a bad feeling that this might be true, but I dunno if it'll be Babangida. Maybe another northerner. My fear is, the entire ibo and south south community and a fraction of the south west will go hard on the north, and that's is a full-blown civil war. Disintegration of the country might be inevitable. God bless the peaceful inhabitants of this land called Nigeria!
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by tdade(m): 10:59am On May 17, 2013
Chibuebem: which God are u talking about. Not the true God. He wants peace. Whoever reads this. Remember this statement, and mark my words. Nigeria is one. Naija will not break up. Naija will have peace and tranquility. Light will shine once more, and the light will stay. The devil wants to tear this country apart. God wants to build it up. We pray for an end to tribalism, to hatred. We pray for light and peace
NIGERIA IS ONE?!?!?!? I dare you to go to Borno and shout JESUS IS LORD 3 times in public, then, if you're still alive, come back and tell me how the experience was. Deluded tool.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by abrajproperty: 11:01am On May 17, 2013
Olucheye: Whoever constitutes NEF are spewing out poo out of themselves. How would they call GEJ's action an act of war when their junior generations are making a nuisance of themselves....almost causing another outbreak of civil war all in the name of fulfiling religion.

If they're not wise enough to put their house in order, then the other parts of the beloved nation are ready to help them keep their issues in place. After all our president has shown he's no Dummy but proved the name GCFR.

By the way, Corp members should keep themselves safe! I'm pretty sure, the jumat for tomorrow will be a 'CALL TO WAR"

However, some questions should be asked from the NEF members;
Q1. If you don't think that northerns supports terrorisim, why did you see the SOE declaration to fight terrorists as a Fight against Notherners?.
Q2. How are NEF members helping the fight against terror?.
Q3. How can war against terror turn into war against northerners if both are not Closely Related?.
Q4. Why does fighting a terrorist infested states result to fighting Northern Nigeria, if N.Nig has nothing to do with Terrorism?.
shot up your mouth....no be una fault if Not for All these zombies wey call themselve muslim for north you go they abuse my islam....are there no muslim in the south west....kilode mehn...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Meets King Charles / Troops Kill Boko Haram Militants In Borno School, Also Recover Weapons.pics / Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.