Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,416 members, 7,822,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria (34635 Views)

We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze / Open Letter To Alhaji Aliko Dangote On Northern Nigeria And Boko Haram / We ‘re On Northern Govs’payroll – Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by omocheche(f): 2:19pm On May 17, 2013
ALL DIS IS because ONE SOUTHERNER IS IN POWER? NA WA FOR UNA O! HOW ARE WE ONE NIGERIA IF ONLY HAUSA CONTINUE TI BE IN POWER.
aurenflani:

Jonathan killing the north? He, he he gej has never being one minute distance from the north's point gun. Mumu, go and see who surround your cowardly villages. The north can finish you in a jeffy. grin
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by aforebby: 2:41pm On May 17, 2013
stupid leader of the north,when you met with Gej,what was the result? is it not after that the went to kill security operative in Nassarawa? you better remain silent forever before you annoy Gej and he will remove all the govs,,shioooooor
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by goldolu: 2:41pm On May 17, 2013
igbsamn NEF you hands are not clean:
Northern elders on Thursday broke their silence on the slamming of state of emergency in three of their states, describing the action of President Goodluck Jonathan as an indirect declaration of war on the Northern part of Nigeria.

The President’s action, which took the northern elders by surprise, is coming barely three weeks after Jonathan accepted a roadmap from the NEF on how to end the Boko Haram insurgency in parts of the north.

The elders had successfully impressed upon the Presidency to raise the Boko Haram committee to dialogue with the sect with a view to restoring elusive peace to the region. Jonathan, who met with the NEF leadership in Abuja in April, subsequently inaugurated the Turaki-led BH committee with a mandate to broker peace with the sect and compensate their victims within a two-month timeframe.

However, shortly after inaugurating the panel, the sect leadership rejected the amnesty offer, saying that it is the government that should seek amnesty for having killed its Muslim brothers across the country.

But a spokesman for the NEF, Prof Ango Abdullahi, who relayed the position of the group on Thursday, told Vanguard that they were disappointed by the sudden change of tactic by Jonathan on how to resolve the crisis in the north.

“It is very sad for us to see that the President has easily changed direction from dialogue and reconciliation to war in his bid to end the cycle of violence in the north,” Abdullahi said.

More soon

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/youve-declared-war-on-northern-nigeria-nef-tells-jonathan/

This Northerners are the ones behind the chaos going on in the country. They know what they are doing.
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by vanstanzy(m): 2:44pm On May 17, 2013
My heart goes out to all the corpers presently serving in the troubled Northern States. Courage my friends!embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by Eze1(m): 2:54pm On May 17, 2013
On Aburi we stand.
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by rhymz(m): 3:00pm On May 17, 2013
Lakayana: When talking about northern elders we should be specific o are we refining to the core north or the whole north for its only the core northerners that have gone crazy.
I Understand your point my guy, these Hausa-Fulani politicians like to lump every other tribe in the north in their bigotry and folly, making it look like everyone in the north shares their devilish sentiments.
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 17, 2013
sathyapriya: HI

Pls view this site

Online commodity trading

I don't expect to see your userid on this forum for the next couple of months. angry undecided
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by sparkwil(m): 3:05pm On May 17, 2013
lacasa: Keyboard warriors full here gringringrin

GEJ is ​ sooo​ Gone 2015 cheesy
if this is all u hv to say abt the poo these Naughty elders forum just spewed then I'll recommend u find ursely a place in hades coz its GEJ till 2019 and to clarify ur illusion, there is nothin like NEF coz d middle belt is not part of it. 8-)
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by aurenflani: 3:37pm On May 17, 2013
Plutarch: Now we have a president from the old eastern part of Nigeria.We also have an Igbo man as the Chief of Army Staff. I think now is the time to avenge the killing of millions of igbos that died during the Biafran war grin . Afterall the sin of the igbos then was that they declared a republic. Boko haram is trying to do the same. Hausa don kill igbo before wink make igbo too kill hausa now...............i just dey play ooooooooooooo grin

Hear yourself. What a cowardly wicked bred. Who will do the killings for you? Northern soldiers? You made wela.
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by naher88(f): 3:42pm On May 17, 2013
Thank you for good post. I can many help from this topic.
Goodlucks
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 17, 2013
Toks2008:

Are you residing in Nigeria or abroad? I believe if you have had one of your family members massacred by BH madness you will not be vomiting this trash. One Nigeria indeed. I am sure you are related to some of the selfish politicians enjoying this error of one Nigeria.
yes, am in naija. And what do u want? Revenge, that will only lead to more bloodshed and hatred and pain. It wont solve the problem at all. I support reconciliation, Justice, love and peace.
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by Lampsy(m): 4:18pm On May 17, 2013
[quote author=ACM10][color=#006600]I see Aguiyi Ironsi scenario replaying itself here. Jonathan must be a ret/ard if he thinks that northerners are not out to get his head.
(Quote) (Report) (Like) 1000 unlikes (Unlike) :-
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 17, 2013
aurenflani:

Hear yourself. What a cowardly wicked bred. Who will do the killings for you? Northern soldiers? You made wela.

Guy..why are you sounding as if Northern soldiers constitute 100% of the nation's military forces?

The question is if war breaks out today (May God forbid) which part of the country can go the long haul before economic and financial burden of war sets in.

We should be careful with this 'we owned the military' mindset...it can't help anyone.
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by mrperfect(m): 4:25pm On May 17, 2013
We all should preach and think peace, that only way forward to life both on earth and after that.
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by TechyGuy: 4:28pm On May 17, 2013
Actually its the North that declared war on Nigeria!

The North is determined, if that happens, to make the country ungovernable for Jonathan or any other Southerner who finds his way to the seat of power.
Kaita, however, said he was happy that some notable Northerners, such as former military President, General Ibrahim Babangida (rtd); Atiku; former Head of State, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari; former National Security Adviser (NSA), Lt-General Aliyu Gusau (rtd) and a few others are in the race to represent the interest of the North.

Alhaji Kaita. Tuesday, 05 October 2010
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by adedejiadekunle: 4:39pm On May 17, 2013
where are this people when boko haram are killing innocent people. is boko haram not declared war against nigerians.
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by toblosky(m): 4:52pm On May 17, 2013
The truth is SOE will derail the aim and position of the amnesty committe and people who hopes to fill their pockets from such programmes are already crying foul.When GEJ was using diplomatic means to control the scenario,people say what a weak man,now he is employing his full constitutional powers to stand by the oath he has taken,some funny fellows are branding the act as war on the north."When the chips are down,proffessional critics will vamuse.we will then enter into the barricade,we would try to avert a scenario by intervening".Although in a time of crisis,war is declared to enjoy lasting peace.
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by Collins0609(m): 5:02pm On May 17, 2013
solopumpy227: Oh Lord take control...civil war is not an option now...
the bokoharamist hav declared war on christian particularly d easterners.so war no matter hw bad is an option.the word of God say the kingdom of God sufferet violence and it shall b taken by force
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by REVOLUTNIS: 5:09pm On May 17, 2013
My commander in chief has gone mad on terrorists, more blood for Islamic witches
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by esperiense(m): 5:10pm On May 17, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: To my fellow Biafrans, please come home. They(northerners) might take to the streets tomorow after their jumat service.
they said military has totally taken over, u r talking about clowns taking to the streets. I'm sure u haven't witnessed any military rule before. Let them try that tomorro and I will know say na their papa born them
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by Rexyl(m): 6:01pm On May 17, 2013
I am confused, somebody pls help me out. I was at first thinking that the innocent ones in the North are falling victims of failure and inability of the 3 tiers of the government to take concrete steps and formidable measures on time to curb wicked behaviours and reckless killings and distruction of properties by these no ghost members of the communities (bh boys) in the North. while actions were not taken at all people blamed the government for being insensitive, when action was delayed people accused the government of hypocrisy. Now when everything was almost collapsed and serious action taken for fast and possible resolution some people are out with full force kicking against the action. This seems to indicate that they are part of the problem. This disposition of some leaders in the North worries me o.
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by Fidelcruiz(m): 6:27pm On May 17, 2013
[quote author=igbsam]Northern elders on Thursday broke their silence on the slamming of state of emergency in three of their states, describing the action of President Goodluck Jonathan as an indirect declaration of war on the Northern part of Nigeria.

The President’s action, which took the northern elders by surprise, is coming barely three weeks after Jonathan accepted a roadmap from the NEF on how to end the Boko Haram insurgency in parts of the north.

The elders had successfully impressed upon th
God don catch dem
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by whatzbyafria(m): 6:57pm On May 17, 2013
Northerners are back again. Why cant Goodluck not just cut that their gross, dirty, and unreproductive part out of Nigeria so the others can live in peace?
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by Eziachi: 7:11pm On May 17, 2013
confusion247:
I am sure your Tinubu was alive when Jonathan won in 2011, so shall it be in 2015, but for the time being, drones should be sent to northern Nigeria.
Unlike you, I don't have any politician. But people like you may be the biggest problem of Jonathan in 2015, if he decide to run again, because INEC figures shows that he gain substantial number of vote in the northern heartland to beat his opponents, so when you kept on calling the same people all sorts of names, I don't see how that is going his help his electoral fortune if you people makes the likes of the northern governor that help him beat Atiku and rig their states for him angry.
I don't see a commander in chief who in his right mind will despatch fighter jets or drone you are asking for inside his on country, when we haven't been told of any civil war yet.
Even if your name callings or the madness of a drone are justified, I wise man should keep such a feeling all to himself until after 2015.
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by Eziachi: 7:18pm On May 17, 2013
Theben:
I believe you don't have any media source in your environ aside nairaland. Were you deaf or blind when the issue was raised at the senate on how the south easterners are beginning to dominate the millitary?
I don't care where you get your own source, just tell me how many people from your town or family that are members of the Nigerian armed forces since 1999?
Facts are different from things you heard in a beer bar after your 5th Bottle of large bottle of Guinness stout.
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by cytellProperty: 7:19pm On May 17, 2013
This person needs to be arrested and tried for such statement. It has brought to the fore that the so called Northern elders are sympathizers and sponsors of Boko Haram.
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by Eziachi: 7:20pm On May 17, 2013
Eze1: On Aburi we stand.
Thats were all those with brain and accurate memory should stand.
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 17, 2013
Ango abdullahi and his fellow heartless BH apaologists always talks as if there is still a monolithic north Even if they are deaf, are they blind to reality of change too So its now a war against the north cos of a possible loss of power by 2015 and the amnesty largesse is no longer guaranteed

Its unfortunate that northern almajiris do not seem to know their real enemies-(NEF).
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by Doluseun(m): 8:54pm On May 17, 2013
Xcuse me, where z mallamu adamumu cirohmah nah?.....
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by IYANGBALI: 9:22pm On May 17, 2013
Chibuebem: yes, am in naija. And what do u want? Revenge, that will only lead to more bloodshed and hatred and pain. It wont solve the problem at all. I support reconciliation, Justice, love and peace.
its 2 late man,let's destroy and rebuild if we need to continue to live together
Re: Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria by Beync(f): 9:33pm On May 17, 2013
they r crying becos gej is fighting terrorists they said he was incompetent of fighting
NEF are malluu

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers Undergoing Training In Belarus (Photo) / Jacob Zuma Bags Chieftaincy Title In Imo, Nigeria (Photos, Video) / Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court For His Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.