Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? (5066 Views)

When Playing "Hard-To-Get" Goes Too Far?! / Why Some Guys Hate Girls: Call Them Misogynists. / When Unknown Girls Call Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by Nobody: 6:41am On May 17, 2013
There is something that I quite don't understand about women psychology. Personal I have noticed that when I initially meet a girl, she's very interested in me etc, flirts a lot, sometimes her interest is quite obvious we may even meet up for a date and have a wonderful time maybe 2 dates but I ask them out, 90 percent of the time they start becoming cold and acting aloof. The other path(which I never want to take) is to tag along and "stay in the friendzone." The question is why do girls do this? Is this what they call playing hard to get? I might continue give her attention but soon enuff my interest level that may have been very high will drop in a few weeks (that is just me). Later they all say that I didn't stay long enough whereas I can't continue wasting TIME, effort and MONEY (Yes I said it money)on something that is unproductive. This is 2013 for God's sake. Chics really need to upgrade oooo.

6 Likes

Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by Nobody: 7:11am On May 17, 2013
I share ur pain... Well me I'm a blunt straight to the point guy. if I meet a girl, if na yansh I wan yansh am.. Me go tell am straight.. If na relationship levels which no dey pass 2weeks I go tell am straight.. If na friendship levels, I just tag along.. And I try as much not to spend a dime. If she says I'm stingy, I say sebi am not ur bf? So guy u need to learn from the maestros! I hope u've learnt something! Donkt be coldfeet to tell a woman how u feel and what u think d very first time, some might hate u while others would like u.

2 Likes

Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by JameyMaxwell(m): 7:45am On May 17, 2013
Guy• Na true talk bennyraz yarn•
If yhu see a baby girl wey yhu just wan ynash, yarn with her for sometime, do things with her etc
After some time,yhu be liike
“Yhur really beautiful and sexy”
“Its hard to resist yhu”
“I want to have sex with yhu”
To be said with a straight face kauze if yhu laff she go talk say yhu no get mind & it will turn akward.
If she gets angry,yhu be like it waz just a joke.

She will feel appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by Sheenor: 7:48am On May 17, 2013
sowie broda....mayb dey are not dat into yuh...
Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by Ab025(m): 7:52am On May 17, 2013
Nigerian girls always act like that, they can stare at u for so long and even show u enuf greenlight bt wen u make ur real move, they may fall ur hand big time. Most times, even wen she tells u sorry, she can't date u and all that stuff, u will stil see it in her eyes that she likes u bt just can't turn down d chance to turn u down.

Naija gals are mostly confused on whether to say yes or no becos they wud only tell u a "yes" if their friends hav approved u bt if their friends haven't really approved of u, they are likely to tell u a "no" even if they are in luv with u.

Also, many gals hav pride a lot, they form hard to get and also find it hard to say "yes" to a guy. @op u shudnt always wait for "yes" all d time, atimes, just go ahead and treat her wit care as if she is ur gal, trust me that tecnique normally works well wit gals.

If the gal has pride and is materialistic, then u shud only expect a "yes" frm her if u hav a big pocket wit enough cash and class.

But d best way to really woo a gal is to make her admire u and notice u first without even talkin to her, then gradually, u shud get talkin to her, get to be friendly wit her friends, start showin her care and search for d most romantic and best time to tell her ur feelins.

Remember, don't always rush things up and don't be too slow, no time in particular is the right or wrong time, it depends on how u make use of the time. Wish u luck.

Women always luv it wen we chase them, they really luv the chase and the person wit the sexiest race mostly come out the winner of d race. But the word "sexy" has different meaning to different girls; it may be money, game, looks, affection, care, family background, cars, intelligence, etc....

13 Likes

Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by Enegod(m): 7:56am On May 17, 2013
they just dont lyk you enough to date you...keep searching
Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by JameyMaxwell(m): 8:13am On May 17, 2013
Ab025: Nigerian girls always act like that, they can stare at u for so long and even show u enuf greenlight bt wen u make ur real move, they may fall ur hand big time. Most times, even wen she tells u sorry, she can't date u and all that stuff, u will stil see it in her eyes that she likes u bt just can't turn down d chance to turn u down.

Naija gals are mostly confused on whether to say yes or no becos they wud only tell u a "yes" if their friends hav approved u bt if their friends haven't really approved of u, they are likely to tell u a "no" even if they are in luv with u.

Also, many gals hav pride a lot, they form hard to get and also find it hard to say "yes" to a guy. @op u shudnt always wait for "yes" all d time, atimes, just go ahead and treat her wit care as if she is ur gal, trust me that tecnique normally works well wit gals.

If the gal has pride and is materialistic, then u shud only expect a "yes" frm her if u hav a big pocket wit enough cash and class.

But d best way to really woo a gal is to make her admire u and notice u first without even talkin to her, then gradually, u shud get talkin to her, get to be friendly wit her friends, start showin her care and search for d most romantic and best time to tell her ur feelins.

Remember, don't always rush things up and don't be too slow, no time in particular is the right or wrong time, it depends on how u make use of the time. Wish u luck.

Women always luv it wen we chase them, they really luv the chase and the person wit the sexiest race mostly come out the winner of d race. But the word "sexy" has different meaning to different girls; it may be money, game, looks, affection, care, family background, cars, intelligence, etc....
Chop knockle guy
Right on point.
At op
Note. Some girls wud like to toil aand play with yhur emotions. Yhu hve to be careful
Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by sushieater: 9:09am On May 17, 2013
You see, God knows that all i got for these girls is hard dikk and bubble gum smiley
Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by fubbyy(m): 9:32am On May 17, 2013
Ab025: Nigerian girls always act like that, they can stare at u for so long and even show u enuf greenlight bt wen u make ur real move, they may fall ur hand big time. Most times, even wen she tells u sorry, she can't date u and all that stuff, u will stil see it in her eyes that she likes u bt just can't turn down d chance to turn u down.

all these your list are just what I did when I was a teenager, now love game has evolved and things have changed, in this era there's no time to start applying all this things anymore

If I meet a girl am asking her out as if am doing her a favor(and that's what it is) if she play hard to get , right in her presence am talking to another chick

Why all these do and don't just to phuck Womanliness, hell no, I can only get headache thinking how to make money not how to get chick, girls are too plenty nowadays for me to start applying techniques

3 Likes

Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by Nobody: 9:49am On May 17, 2013

All this thing you wrote here is exactly what I'm talking abt. You can see the love in their eyes. The eyes really convey feelings. Your post is more difficult than the engineering I studied sef. Choi. If a teenager was behaving like that then I would understand. But not from a 25 year old working woman. Seriously, it beats me. If she wasn't attracted to me I would also understand. So from what u're saying Nigerian girls don't really have a mind of their own and think in groups? Why the hell would I want to date someone like that? I think it's jst playing hard to get. They don't want to feel cheap (whatever that word means). Later they say we treat them like assets.
Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by SISIJ2(f): 9:54am On May 17, 2013
SHE is taking her time
Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by Nobody: 10:00am On May 17, 2013
SISIJ2: SHE is taking her time
U may lose a lot of good people that way. If they were taking their time, wouldn't it be nice to inform the person whose time u were taking. Like a time frame. I cannot woo a woman infinitely.
Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by Brimmie(m): 10:03am On May 17, 2013
Aswear U No Lie!!
Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by IdeeEsperanza(m): 11:27am On May 17, 2013
Let her keep taking her time. By the time she's through with taking her time, I would have bleeped all her friends that advised her to say "no" to me. Na who go be winner then?
Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by Nobody: 11:33am On May 17, 2013
12 inches!:
There is something that I quite don't understand about women psychology. Personal I have noticed that when I initially meet a girl, she's very interested in me etc, flirts a lot, sometimes her interest is quite obvious we may even meet up for a date and have a wonderful time maybe 2 dates but I ask them out, 90 percent of the time they start becoming cold and acting aloof. The other path(which I never want to take) is to tag along and "stay in the friendzone." The question is why do girls do this? Is this what they call playing hard to get? I might continue give her attention but soon enuff my interest level that may have been very high will drop in a few weeks (that is just me). Later they all say that I didn't stay long enough whereas I can't continue wasting TIME, effort and MONEY (Yes I said it money)on something that is unproductive. This is 2013 for God's sake. Chics really need to upgrade oooo.
BRoss why gal have not approve ur frindship with her u r taking her out....what do u call that ...date abi na dinner...nonsense its guys like you they alwaz tag mugu...wen u met a gal first define ur relationship wit her if na yansh kwo na frindes tins or na two weeks dating...they like it wen u speak ur mind to dem thats d confidence they admire about u...
Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by LesbianBoy(m): 1:04pm On May 17, 2013
12 inches!:

All this thing you wrote here is exactly what I'm talking abt. You can see the love in their eyes. The eyes really convey feelings. Your post is more difficult than the engineering I studied sef. Choi. If a teenager was behaving like that then I would understand. But not from a 25 year old working woman. Seriously, it beats me. If she wasn't attracted to me I would also understand. So from what u're saying Nigerian girls don't really have a mind of their own and think in groups? Why the hell would I want to date someone like that? I think it's jst playing hard to get. They don't want to feel cheap (whatever that word means). Later they say we treat them like assets.
Thats exactly what it is o! And its so sad really. I HATE girls like that because if u kiss them their friends will know, if u ask for intimacy their friends will know. Everything u do their friends will know about it sha! SMH
Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by KnegroDamus: 2:55pm On May 17, 2013
Most females are very silly and have ego issues faaaaar supassing mens own (why do ppl always complain about naija mens ego?) But you guys have to look in the mirror and realize that these problems start and end with men.

Its your fault

The ladies do these things because they work. Yes they work. Even if it didnt work on you, there are 10 other dumb guys with whom it did, so why do you expect them to treat you any differently? If yall really want a solution to this, you will attack the mugus who are really causing the problem... not the difficult women that are the result.
Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by Ab025(m): 3:07pm On May 17, 2013
Guys, pls don't deceive ursef thinkin that a gal is no longer a teenager, maybe becos she is around 25yrs of age, then becos of that u don't expect to waste time in wooing her. If u really luv or like a gal, then it is wortht spendin ur time tellin her how u feel but if u just want to sleep wit her, then u can do wat these fellows here are talkin abt; "toasting a gal straight and direct on d 1st or 2nd meetin all for d purpose of bleepin without even showin real care"

But understand this pls, no matter how much u sleep wit every gal u meet, I promis u, u will be tired one day. And wen u get tired, pls just look by ur side, who will u find there? Nobody except ur family members and ur guys them or maybe even a female fruiend, but d truth is ur womanizing behaviour would have driven away all d gals that were ready to love u for who u are. That is when u will know that "though u have bleeped up to a hundred gals but u stil really don't hav anybody by ur side, u re still alone"

For u guys that all u care abt is bleepin, aaaaah! I don't deny how gud and sweet bleepin can be but I also know that bleepin is not d most important tin in life. No matter how gud u are in bleepin, if I give u 200 gals to bleep continuously, u will still get tired one day without going round all of them so why don't u search for a gal that u value, not for bleepin alone but to share ur gud and hard times with?

It is so funny wen guys start talkin abt not wastin time wen they want to woo a woman, hahahaha....nothin gud comes easy, if u want a lady u can just talk to then go and bleep, then I think u should visit ashawo joint but if u really like a lady and want to date her for real and not just for bleepin sake, why don't u just take ur time and woo her, what will it take away from u?

U may be suprised that u will find all wat u ve been missin in ur life with her.

4 Likes

Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by AtheistD(m): 5:54pm On May 17, 2013
Ab025: Guys, pls don't deceive ursef thinkin that a gal is no longer a teenager, maybe becos she is around 25yrs of age, then becos of that u don't expect to waste time in wooing her. If u really luv or like a gal, then it is wortht spendin ur time tellin her how u feel but if u just want to sleep wit her, then u can do wat these fellows here are talkin abt; "toasting a gal straight and direct on d 1st or 2nd meetin all for d purpose of bleepin without even showin real care"

But understand this pls, no matter how much u sleep wit every gal u meet, I promis u, u will be tired one day. And wen u get tired, pls just look by ur side, who will u find there? Nobody except ur family members and ur guys them or maybe even a female fruiend, but d truth is ur womanizing behaviour would have driven away all d gals that were ready to love u for who u are. That is when u will know that "though u have bleeped up to a hundred gals but u stil really don't hav anybody by ur side, u re still alone"

For u guys that all u care abt is bleepin, aaaaah! I don't deny how gud and sweet bleepin can be but I also know that bleepin is not d most important tin in life. No matter how gud u are in bleepin, if I give u 200 gals to bleep continuously, u will still get tired one day without going round all of them so why don't u search for a gal that u value, not for bleepin alone but to share ur gud and hard times with?

It is so funny wen guys start talkin abt not wastin time wen they want to woo a woman, hahahaha....nothin gud comes easy, if u want a lady u can just talk to then go and bleep, then I think u should visit ashawo joint but if u really like a lady and want to date her for real and not just for bleepin sake, why don't u just take ur time and woo her, what will it take away from u?

U may be suprised that u will find all wat u ve been missin in ur life with her.

The problem is with ladies that dont want to admit that they want to be with a guy. If she admits that she does and takes her time to fully date, sleep with and marry then so be it. Some refuse to acknowledge your interest and act like they have no real interest. The moment you give up they start running after you like chickens. Some will even act like you were already dating shocked
Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 17, 2013
Atheist:-D:

The problem is with ladies that dont want to admit that they want to be with a guy. If she admits that she does and takes her time to fully date, sleep with and marry then so be it. Some refuse to acknowledge your interest and act like they have no real interest. The moment you give up they start running after you like chickens. Some will even act like you were already dating shocked
This is really dumb. If this is what not being cheap is,then it is really dumb
Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by AtheistD(m): 6:02pm On May 17, 2013
12 inches!:

This is really dumb. If this is what not being cheap is,then it is really dumb

Exactly. I have had such an experience. 3 months of hard work and she refused to even acknowledge us dating. When I asked to get clarification she gave me some garbled nonsense about being in a difficult place emotionally etc. So I jetted. She started running after me like a mad woman. Even I was shocked at her turn around.
Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 17, 2013
Ab025: Guys, pls don't deceive ursef thinkin that a gal is no longer a teenager, maybe becos she is around 25yrs of age, then becos of that u don't expect to waste time in wooing her. If u really luv or like a gal, then it is wortht spendin ur time tellin her how u feel but if u just want to sleep wit her, then u can do wat these fellows here are talkin abt; "toasting a gal straight and direct on d 1st or 2nd meetin all for d purpose of bleepin without even showin real care"

So u expect me to chase her without a response or real reaction for how long? Pls let give me a time frame so I can have a good understanding of what u're saying. Even if she agrees I'll still believe she doesn't really knw what she wants! Life would be a whole lot easier without this kind of games. And u can't tell me that they use these games to determine who is really serious abt them because a guy that jst want to f.u.ck can also wait for a couple of months. Why don't chics kukuma wait for like 5 yrs before saying yes I have feelings for you so they can really knw who is serious and who is not (I'm being sarcastic)
Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 17, 2013
Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by AtheistD(m): 6:08pm On May 17, 2013
12 inches!:

So u expect me to chase her without a response or real reaction for how long? Pls let give me a time frame so I can have a good understanding of what u're saying. Even if she agrees I'll still believe she doesn't really knw what she wants! Life would be a whole lot easier without this kind of games. And u can't tell me that they use these games to determine who is really serious abt them because a guy that jst want to f.u.ck can also wait for a couple of months. Why don't chics kukuma wait for like 5 yrs before saying yes I have feelings for you so they can really knw who is serious and who is not (I'm being sarcastic)

Or wait until their wedding day.
Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by numericalguy(m): 10:28pm On May 17, 2013

yeah, sure.. and when she's 39 she starts visiting dating sites.
Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by HARDDON: 8:04am On May 18, 2013
If only you understand their psychological mark-up
If only you do appreciate the fact that they words do liTtle in dis age and time.

If only ........
Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 18, 2013
And I was there thinking this post will make Frontpage. Nairaland mods are just too partial.

1 Like

Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by shizzle11(m): 5:10pm On May 18, 2013
12 inches!:

Rotflmao!
Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by druid06(m): 6:45pm On Jun 21, 2013
All the dudes on here sounds like bunch of pussie-s. The only dude that deserved my respect is Fubbyy. Nice to know that there're still real men out there.

1 Like

Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by druid06(m): 6:45pm On Jun 21, 2013
All the dudes on here sounds like bunch of puss-ies. Taking so long to woo a girl, like nigga what? I fuc-k on the first date. The only dude that deserves my respect is Fubbyy. Solid bro! Nice to know that there're still real men out there.

1 Like

Re: Is This What Girls Call Playing Hard To Get? by 190: 6:57pm On Jun 21, 2013

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Habits Of True Gentleman Thatmake Women Melt / Help! My Girl Friend Confessed To Be Smoking Skonk / You Won't Believe What Man Did To This Girl When She Was Sleeping (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.