Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? (2989 Views)

Does He Really Love Me With This Attitude Or Should I Just Move On / What Does He Really Mean When He Says:am Missing You? / Signs of true Love (does he really love me?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by fullofluv(f): 7:46pm On Apr 23, 2008
smiley
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 23, 2008
Family and friends have told me I need to wake up.
They believe that he may be up to more then he say he is.
Such as him maybe his going to get married and such things there.

i have nothing to say to u,other than confirming d fact that family and friends have answered u well and said d truth
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by fullofluv(f): 8:07pm On Apr 23, 2008
smiley
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 23, 2008
I agree with Jenny.

The writing's on the wall.
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ jennykadry: Thanks for your reply

you're welcome dearie kiss
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 23, 2008
fullofluv:

My man claims to be going to just vistit family and things.
But not once has this man called me since he's been there.
He has left it for me to call him.
The relationship is great but I can't help but wonder y he has to be gone so long.
Family and friends have told me I need to wake up.
They believe that he may be up to more then he say he is.
Such as him maybe his going to get married and such things there.
He does claim he loves me.
But can this also be a put on.
Is a month really such along time to go and vistit.
He's been gone for about three weeks.
Part of me wants to just let everything go for the fear of being hurt later on.
I love this man and to me he can do no wrong. But could i just be blinded like everyone say.

1. Are you Nigerian? - I'm getting the feeling that you're not.

2. A month is not a long time to visit family in Nigeria to Nigerians (seeing as there is actually A LOT of family to visit)

3. If your man isn't calling you then there is a problem. Nigerian men make excellent boyfriends, and they CALL.

4. Since you are not Nigerian, then YES, there is a LARGE possibility that his family is trying to coerce him into marrying someone else. They've probably found a more appropriate girl and are foisting her on him as I type. (sorry, didn't mean to hurt your feelings)

5. There is also he possibility that your boyfriend is just the forgetful/neglectful sort, and there is nothing going on other than the fact that he forgets to call you.

6. It's all very well that you love this man, but realise that all men mess up at some point. Also, since you're NOT Nigerian, also realise that you are in an embattled position.

7. Accordingly, you need to wise up and take steps to secure your boyfriend's heart. If he loves you, it will be fine, but make an extra effort. Family pressure is very powerful for Nigerians, but if he loves you he will defend you to them and they will listen/accept you.

8. I'm assuming you've never met his family. If this is true, he might also take this visit as an opportunity to tell everyone about you, and argue your case before they actually meet you, which will be a great benefit to you if he convinces them to accept you.

9. But this is me assuming that you are black american or white. If you're Nigerian, then you already know all this.
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by vicade(m): 8:18pm On Apr 23, 2008
no need for epistles. IF YOU LOVE YOUR MAN, GO AFTER HIM AND BRING HIM HOME.
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 23, 2008
no need for epistles. IF YOU LOVE YOUR MAN, GO AFTER HIM AND BRING HIM HOME.

and wat if he refuses to come home'?and wat if hes already married ? do u advise her to go bring some other woman's husband home
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by vicade(m): 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2008
if he is married then he wont be her man or would he?
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by fullofluv(f): 8:21pm On Apr 23, 2008
smiley
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 23, 2008
if he is married then he wont be her man or would he?

no he wouldnt be,and i doubt if hes still her man ,since he doesnt call her except she calls him,so she has no man to bring back home for now,until it is confirmed that he is not married *which im sure judging from his character, he is married*

@poster

d truth is always bitter but i advise u ,to accept it ,swallow it and move on,the ball is on your court and d writing is well written on d wall
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by fullofluv(f): 8:29pm On Apr 23, 2008
smiley
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 23, 2008
I'm not sure if I should stay in the relationship or end it when he gets back.

that is if he comes back alone
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by fullofluv(f): 8:36pm On Apr 23, 2008
smiley
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by fullofluv(f): 8:38pm On Apr 23, 2008
smiley
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 23, 2008
@ jennykadry: you're so right
he has a student visa is it possible for him to bring someone over on a student visa?

it depends ,but i hear there is a part in europe dat allows it

how old is he,if u dont mind my asking
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 23, 2008
@jennykadry
You seem pretty nice and i hope i'll be able to have a friendship with u.
You have gave me so much good advice

anytime love wink
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by fullofluv(f): 8:44pm On Apr 23, 2008
smiley
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 23, 2008
@poster/fullofluv: All these people telling you the writing is on the wall are just being discouraging, there is no evidence that your relationship is over. He's nice to you when you talk. The network might actually be bad, even though I doubt it because Glo works pretty damn well with international calls, but, if he hasn't been to Nigeria in a really long time, then he might just be catching up with his buddies, and unfortunately when Nigerian men hang out together, they tend to ignore/forget about their women completely.

Thousands of Nigerian men marry foreigners every year, and not for visas or fake marriages or whatever, and they have loving stable relationships, whether they live in Nigeria with their spouse or abroad.

There is nothing that indicates that your boyfriend doesn't love you or want you. He might just be too caught up in the excitement of being home that momentarily you're taking second place in his life. He might have gone to the village where it's hard to make an international call. You can't assume that he will spend the entire month in the city. I can't claim to know what's on your man's mind, but if he loves you, he loves you, and noone, not even his mother will be able to change his mind.

Also, if it doesn't work out between you two, and he has been pressured to date someone else, then take it in your stride. It's a relationship like all others. Have hope. These things happen, but you may just as well be happy.
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 23, 2008
fullofluv:

He's 30 and will b 31 in may.
I just turned 22 last month so there is a big age gap.
We both reside in Austin Texas .

okay, admittedly at his age, he is DEFINITELY under pressure to get married. But still, you can make sure he marries YOU, and not some random girl that has been brought from his village that he doesn't even love anyway.

UPDATE: He can only bring someone to America on his student visa if they are his dependent. Which would mean that they would either have to be married to him and not working or something like that or his child.
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 23, 2008
He's 30 and will b 31 in may.
I just turned 22 last month so there is a big age gap.
We both reside in Austin Texas .

na na na,there is no big age gap at all if u ask me

i think u should just keep ur heart on neutral,and expect d worst\or good wen he comes back,but i still insist d writing is on d wall read and digest it
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by fullofluv(f): 8:58pm On Apr 23, 2008
smiley
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by saucekid(m): 9:02pm On Apr 23, 2008
walks in. . . walks out
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 23, 2008
Florency:

Why don't you just shut up . If you don't like it why not just die in the gutter where you belong. We are all tired of your moaning !!!!!!

that was totally unnecessary. seriously.

fullofluv:

@ sugabelly
Thank u.
He's in Ondo nigeria.
On the other hand my god father is nigerian and is treating to this own me if i go on with this realtionship. Says he wont sit back and watch my boyfriend hurt me.

does your godfather know something he isn't telling you?
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by princeonx: 9:06pm On Apr 23, 2008
That means if you be my girlfriend you for don jump off building cux the shortest I've stayed in Nigeria during visit is 6weeks! other time I stay 2 good months.
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by fullofluv(f): 9:07pm On Apr 23, 2008
smiley
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 23, 2008
That means if you be my girlfriend you for don jump off building cux the shortest I've stayed in Nigeria during visit is 6weeks! other time I stay 2 good months.

lol grin grin grin u no well
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by fullofluv(f): 9:11pm On Apr 23, 2008
smiley
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 23, 2008
@poster

apart from the fact dat he is a student,wat else does he do,and ever since u stayed with him,did u for one day not suspect him or smell sthg fishy?
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2008
@poster
if he's a student at 31, then i hope he has a really good job in Nigeria. What does he do? does he own his own company? or does he work for a large nigerian company? this thing could swing either way depending on the background information, so spill
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by fullofluv(f): 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2008
smiley
Re: What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria? by fullofluv(f): 9:26pm On Apr 23, 2008
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

~~ Miss Independent ~~ / Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? / Why Do Girls Love Bad Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.