Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,137 members, 7,835,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

France Legalises Same-sex Marriage - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / France Legalises Same-sex Marriage (12127 Views)

Mozambique Scraps Ban On Same-sex Marriage! / France Legalises Same Sex Marriage: Couples Can Adopt Children / The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 5:03am On May 20, 2013
bigfrancis21:

In as much as heterosexual people are the breeders of new generation, don't forget that there are millions of kids suffering in homes mainly because these homes are by single parents especially single mothers. Surveys taken many times over has always indicated that single-parent homes earn far more lesser than two-parent homes. Now let's ask a question, these children growing up in single-parent homes are they not being denied their rights to a father and mother as someone before spuriously claimed? We all know of many divorce cases where one parent willingly divorces the other and put in false alibis just to claim sole ownership of the children. Now, isn't that an injustice overtly smacking the face of parental rights of these children? Aren't these divorced parents clearly denying these kids of their rights to two parents? Now, children growing up in these single parent homes experience lower financial status, less stability, less parental care resulting from the fact that the sole parent has to fend financially for the family. Following the logic that every child is entitled to a father and mother by default, then millions of single parent homes should be deemed illegal by law and sanctioned heavily. All single parents should be decreed to marry again before children can live with them.

Now, what's wrong if an extra parental figure comes into the picture to complete the setting? Does it matter if they are of the same sex? If two people of the same gender fall in love and decide to spend the rest of their days together, how does it affect or diminish your own marriage in anyway? Or have you forgotten that it is the love that matters the most in a family? Many successful people today grew up in single parent homes, without a mother or father. This fact alone flatly squashes the 'right to father and mother' claim outright. In the same vein, many people languishing in jail, robbers, sex offenders, fraudsters grew up in father-mother homes yet nothing wrong is being said about father-mother homes.

Worldwide there are millions of kids abandoned by their heterosexual parents who are languishing in motherless babies home. These kids need love and parental care. Many heterosexual couples are not willing to adopt these babies but rather want to have their own babies. Yet, gay couples are willing to accept with full arms embrace these kids their heterosexual counterparts have rejected. These gay couples even go as far as breaking racial barriers and going to far away countries to adopt babies/children of different races. From analysis, all gay couples are asking for is the right to adopt these jettisoned kids and provide them the parental love and care their heterosexual parents have failed to give them. What is the outlining motive in their action? Clearly its love. Countless of studies conducted by family focused organizations and groups have indicated that children raised in same-sex households fare equally well as their counterparts raised in heterosexual households and have therefore recommend the legal recognition of these relationships in the spirit of fairness and equality.

The opposition against gay people and homosexuality is fast losing its appeal worldwide. People are beginning to set prejudice aside and starting to reason from the human angle of compassion. More and more countries are moving in the favour of gay people. Why? Because they clearly have a point! Any clear-reasoning intellectual person who sees things without bias will know that the opposition against gay people is totally prejudicial. That is why president Barack Obama decided to come out in full support. Even Wole Soyinka of blessed Nigeria speaks in favour of gay rights.

To those crying that gay marriage is the end of the world, now ask yourselves this - those countries that have long made it legal, why hasn't the world crashed in on them as widely speculated? Denmark was the first country to legalize same sex marriage in 2001, its 12 years now and still counting yet the country is yet to witness the so-called 'doom' protesters ranted the air with. Argentina did the same, people cried foul yet the country has waxed on stronger. Many other countries have followed suit, yet the worst as expected is yet to come.

The issue of gay rights is the last fight for equality in the history of human rights. First it was the fight against slavery, followed by the emancipation of blacks, next was the fight against racism, next was the fight for women's rights, next was the legal recognition of interracial marriages and now gay rights. The world indeed is fast becoming a better place.

From your last paragraph, you sound very deluded even though you raised some fine points above. As far as I am concerned having a child with two partners of THE SAME SEX makes even less sense than with one sex whose a biological relative of the child. You make it sound as if gay marriages are all perfect; as in there's so much love between the partners and the child or children involved... In fact I no get time angry
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by Frostyzone(m): 5:04am On May 20, 2013
Van snickers: Great! Homosexuals are human beings also, i don't see why anyone will be against Gay-Marriage.

Apparently, you are gay yourself.

1 Like

Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by gothrones(m): 5:14am On May 20, 2013
lastpage: None of the "Gay Couple" is the NATURAL FATHER/MOTHER of the Child they are adopting!
Seriously? How can one be the parent of the child that one is adopting? Of course the person adopting a child is not the NATURAL parent. That would imply that heterosexual parents can't adopt children also, since they are not the natural parents of the children.

Besides, lots of male homosexuals people use surrogate mothers while lesbians use sperm banks.

Ricky Martin and his biological children:

1 Like

Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by bidis: 5:14am On May 20, 2013
gay marriage is what d devil brought to oppose god of d marriage God put together between male and female

1 Like

Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by gothrones(m): 5:15am On May 20, 2013
^
So the devil is succeeding and your god is failing. Shame on your god for allowing this to happen. After all, everything that happens is his will.
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by Wsdm: 5:57am On May 20, 2013
French President Francois Hollande has signed a gay marriage and adoption bill into law, a day after the country's Constitutional Council threw out a legal challenge by the conservative opposition.
Hollande, trying to turn the page on months of bitter opposition to the measures, said it was "time to respect the law and the Republic".
The Constitutional Council approved the bill on Friday, which was also the International Day Against Homophobia.
The ruling cleared the way for France to become the 14th country to legalise same-sex marriage.
French deputies approved the bill in parliament last month after a several days of often stormy debate.
Recent polls suggest that opinion in France is fairly evenly split on both gay marriage and adoption.
Conservative challenge
The main opposition UMP party of former President Nicolas Sarkozy immediately challenged the move on constitutional grounds.
Friday's statement by the Constitutional Council, however, said same-sex marriage "did not run contrary to any constitutional principles", and that it did not infringe on "basic rights or liberties or national sovereignty".
The council did say that gay marriage did not automatically mean the "right to a child": the "interest of the child" would be the overriding factor in such cases, it ruled.
Reacting to the ruling Friday, Jean-Francois Cope, UMP party chief, told TF1 television: "It is a decision that I regret, but that I respect."
'Celebration time'
Hollande had given warning that he would brook no resistance.
"I will ensure that the law applies across the whole territory, in full, and I will not accept any disruption of these marriages," he said.
Gay rights groups hailed the decision as a watershed.
"Now it's celebration time," said Nicolas Gougain, spokesman of the LGBT association representing the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities.
Gay rights watchdog SOS Homophobie added: "Our country has taken a great step forward today although it's regrettable that it was taken in a climate of bad faith and homophobic violence."
The issue of gay marriage has divided France, which is officially secular but overwhelmingly Catholic.
One day, they will approve the marriage of son-mother and brothers-sisters.
It just shows how porous their religious believes are. At least no Muslim dominated country does this nonsense.
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by coputa(m): 5:58am On May 20, 2013
Gay/homosexual is not a sign of end time,these things has been practiced for ages by a few....it is gradually gaining acceptance worldwide....i think this will adversely reduce the world population....its a bad act anyway. Since Obama is one,he will surely have an over bearing influence on otherr countries
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by iamdsam: 6:07am On May 20, 2013
I support gay rights to marry but I don't support them adopting children. Why should they adopt when they don't have the chamber of giving birth to their own children. Were the parents of these children gays
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by coputa(m): 6:08am On May 20, 2013
Muslims are also gay..it cut across different class,religion. and races..we have a mosque in france where gay muslims worship...it is not an exclusive preserve of a particular religion..
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by iamdsam: 6:09am On May 20, 2013
coputa: Gay/homosexual is not a sign of end time,these things has been practiced for ages by a few....it is gradually gaining acceptance worldwide....i think this will adversely reduce the world population....its a bad act anyway. Since Obama is one,he will surely have an over bearing influence on otherr countries
Can you prove that Obama is gay
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by joanpinkie(f): 6:19am On May 20, 2013
gosh! My stomach is churning geting to fead most of d comments here, it shows dat a grt no of Nigerian r moving wit d trending gay marriages! Watever wnt wrong wit grt sex btw man n women. I dont wona see how d world will finally end.
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by blackpanda: 6:27am On May 20, 2013
iamdsam: I support gay rights to marry but I don't support them adopting children. Why should they adopt when they don't have the chamber of giving birth to their own children. Were the parents of these children gays

That's a very sillly analogy. If so, what of straight couples who just can't have kids. Wot of medically challenged people e.g low sperm count, born withot womb etc. Why shld they be allowed to adopt too since "they don't have the chamber of giving birth", according to u!

ijawkid:

He calls them decent homosexuals.....lol....grin......how can i-diots be decent......they detest what goes on with the opposite sex but at the same time want what comes out of it.......

Are gays not confused fools??........

and when u talk about no adverse effect on kids that are raised up by gays what do you mean??............what do gays know about kids??......

Why am I even wasting my time with you......angry

Instead of spiting out bile and hissing like a snake, y not make ur argumant with decent analogy. Ur anger won't do much to change the position in france, rather can't it prevent what ultimately must be!
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by opefola91: 6:44am On May 20, 2013
Homosexuality has always been around for decades, why are we all acting like its a new thing.There is no sin recorded in the bible that is not present even now.So it is now normal for you to commit fornication outside the confines of marriage.Nigerians are just hypocrites acting like they have a special mansion reserved for them in heaven and others are doomed for destruction.why do you want to end in hell for another man's choices,judging is a sin too.Learn to live in moment and be happy.And for the gay people planning to start a family check these channel http://www.youtube.com/user/OliviaHas2Moms. Love is love no matter the gender and that is all you need to raise a family.
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by ijawkid(m): 6:47am On May 20, 2013
musKeeto:

So if the gay couple get one million dollars, and the heterosexual couple get 15000 for account, you think say I go want make my pikin suffer? grin

And what exactly is this fear? We've got heterosexual people raping young kids all over the place. You'd rather trust them than trust some guys/ladies that just want a kid in their life?

I taya for you o, this my Goodluck brother.. I taya for you..

Muskeeto trying to trivialize the issue at hand...this is what haPpens when people gravitate towards atheism.......try to equate laid down ethics with madness just to feel good...........

Even if the heterosexual couple no get one kobo sef na them I go give my pikin........

What would gays teach my children??......smh!!!!!!.......

1 Like

Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by ijawkid(m): 6:55am On May 20, 2013
blackpanda:

Instead of spiting out bile and hissing like a snake, y not make ur argumant with decent analogy. Ur anger won't do much to change the position in france, rather can't it prevent what ultimately must be!

Soon u would be telling me to apply logic to rationalize the act of bestiality and what ever comes out of it..........
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by lawrenceunaa: 7:00am On May 20, 2013
Van snickers: Great! Homosexuals are human beings also, i don't see why anyone will be against Gay-Marriage.
guy u be gay 2 make such silly comment
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by Thesyrian(m): 7:13am On May 20, 2013
I'm very impressed, obviously everyone is not going to accept gay marriage but the truth is if you're not gay you shouldn't bother, God can fight for himself and just because gays are allowed to marry doesn't mean straight people would suddenly become gay.

What I don't understand is why are straight people opposed to gay marriage? It really is non of their business, it's always dangerous/wrong when the majority make laws that affect only the minority.

P.S I'm impressed with the levels of maturity shown on this thread but I really hope this conversation doesn't go the same way other nairaland conversations go (down hill)
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 7:23am On May 20, 2013
One thing that is sure is that even if the whole world legalizes gay marriage its not gonna happen in Nigeria. No community will accept gay marriage and the gay activits are not even up to 10% of the population, anyday Nigeria trys to legalize the same sex marriage they whould be ready for serious clamp down on law and order, not just protest but it will results in deaths of so many gays/lesbians. Am even imaging someone coming to my village to talk about gay marriage, chai they will stone you to death.

1 Like

Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by ocelot2006(m): 7:33am On May 20, 2013
sakaguchi: What I will never understand is why smoking weed is illegal in a country that has legalised gay marriage. If gay people have rights, weed smokers also have right afterall they are adults who can make mature judgement.
Hollande has mismanaged the economy and France is now heading to recession, they should have protested to oust him from office...since he is so good in mismanaging the economy but a very good manager in gay rights..........RUBBISH!!!
Consenting adults my foot!
Why is prostitution now illegal? Is it not a commercial interaction between two consenting adults?
There is nothing progressive about supporting this stupid new wave, it is pure hypocrisy!!!

France is officially in recession.
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by muktarmtt(m): 7:38am On May 20, 2013
Another legalization of gay marriage by christian country daz mean in d next sml years all christian country will b a gay country working 4 a devil shame on u xtrian shame on you, u sucessed by spreding ur devil act in whole wolrd bravo
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by martin123: 7:39am On May 20, 2013
Guess this is one of the major reasons why people, even some Americans are beginning to think of relocating to one of the Middle East nations. This CAN NOT happen in Dubai or Q'atar

1 Like

Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by chipet67(m): 7:40am On May 20, 2013
don't worry a man will marry your son, then you'll see how it will be .
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by Tunsbobo(m): 7:45am On May 20, 2013
Same sex marraige in france? Not our business! It can never be legalised in Nigeria in the nearest future
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by pappilo(m): 7:46am On May 20, 2013
blackpanda:

That's a very sillly analogy. If so, what of straight couples who just can't have kids. Wot of medically challenged people e.g low sperm count, born withot womb etc. Why shld they be allowed to adopt too since "they don't have the chamber of giving birth", according to u

Like you said, those are 'medically challenged people'. Are you then saying being gay is a medical condition?
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by harkingholar: 7:49am On May 20, 2013
sakaguchi:
Following your logic, no one should also be against weed smokers

exactly !!:/
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by gothrones(m): 7:51am On May 20, 2013
Tunsbobo: Same sex marraige in france? Not our business! It can never be legalised in Nigeria in the nearest future

Epileptic power supply. Epileptic water supply. Bad roads. Bad Hospitals. Bad schools, etc. You folks have your work cut out for you, so how come you have time to ban gay marriage? Talk about misplaced priority.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

New US Ambassador, Nicholas Burns Arrives In Beijing Amid Tense Relations / COVID-19: Vladimir Putin’s Spokesperson, Dmitry Peskov Tests Positive / Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.