Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

France Legalises Same-sex Marriage - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / France Legalises Same-sex Marriage (12128 Views)

Mozambique Scraps Ban On Same-sex Marriage! / France Legalises Same Sex Marriage: Couples Can Adopt Children / The UK Legalises Same-Sex Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by ijawkid(m): 8:00am On May 20, 2013
gothrones:

Epileptic power supply. Epileptic water supply. Bad roads. Bad Hospitals. Bad schools, etc. You folks have your work cut out for you, so how come you have time to ban gay marriage? Talk about misplaced priority.

You call banning gay marraige misplaced priority??.......passing that bill to jail fools like you for 14yrs wasn't hard my bro........it was done snappy.......naija would gradually solve its problem rather than add another madness to the existing problems we have......I can't believe some foolish nigerians stood up to fight for the sanctioning of gay marraige in this country.........

Is that now suppose to be naija's problem??.....to allow gays marry??.....work some of them never get na gay rights them dey fight for.....

Rubbish!!!!!......

4 Likes

Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by cutz(f): 8:03am On May 20, 2013
50calibre: These western politicians are now beginning to go outside the scope of their mandates by trying to redefine something that has been for thousands of years.

Marriage is between a man and a woman, any attempt to redefine or tamper with it, is playing God.
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 8:03am On May 20, 2013
What an objectification inbalance words 4m all this madness imprudent fellows, God made Man & Women not posite side,..The wages of sin is Death, don't be decieve by devil it's end time....

Any Gay that are will find in my street na death 4him, God punish U all Gay...

2 Likes

Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by collynzo2(m): 8:04am On May 20, 2013
They should also legalize incest and polygamy, why not?
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by collynzo2(m): 8:05am On May 20, 2013
I am homophobic, I was born that way!!

3 Likes

Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by WinkWrld: 8:05am On May 20, 2013
Same -Sex marriage is just a phenomenom. Just like being gay. Oppositions to this change will only look at this from one side, prob bearing kids. We should take an indebt look at the world at large. This Union will greatly increase LOVE around the world and freedom as well. Couples will truely join who they love, It will reduce Pride as equality will be experienced amongst women and men. It will reduce stealing and crimes to impress the opposite sex because there will be no-reason to impress either sex as equality overides that. It will control population explosion. It wont change the heterosexuals from procreating. It will create a natural care and love to the motherless babies as these couples may adopt such kids, the children will also grow and be able to make their own choice of relationships. Women without fruit of womb, impotent men, and disabled people will also have have similar right to adopt kids and not feel left out.
My opinion, it is a thing to come to past wheater we like it or not. It is natural, and amongst the human manual. Let us not dicreminate these people. Let us not Judge them either,. If the union is going to affect our lives anyway, then we should stop it, if not let them be. I dont see how their union has any effect on us. I dont think they created themselves these way and if it is a mental problem, we must accomodate it or DO we kill mental people?

1 Like

Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by Chregor(m): 8:09am On May 20, 2013
Trust naija, everything dat happens here takes a paradigm-shifts. If dis so-called right to live mess raised its ugly head again here, then crack-up is imminent.
Wat beats me definitely is the ease with which they owns children(wen to dem, male+female=nonetity); when their actions shows that The Creator was utterly wrong in his resolve as regard a choice of partner.
Meanwhile, the reprobates should continue revelling in the generation of less reproach from God, while it lasted; thanks to JESUS AS A PROVEN SCAPEGOAT.
I feel Sodom & Gomorrah weren't this filthy and unruly, that they were being dealt with.
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by MaziOmenuko: 8:16am On May 20, 2013
The madness continues! Bunch of disoriented fucktards!

They want to adopt babies that came into this world through the natural way God made for it! Fcking hypocrites!

2 Likes

Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by pappilo(m): 8:18am On May 20, 2013
gothrones:

Epileptic power supply. Epileptic water supply. Bad roads. Bad Hospitals. Bad schools, etc. You folks have your work cut out for you, so how come you have time to ban gay marriage? Talk about misplaced priority.

They dont have to ban it. Gay marriage doesnt exist in Nigeria and God help the Rep or Senator that moves the motion to adopt gay marriage.
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by Obijulius: 8:26am On May 20, 2013
Am I d only one noticing it or has anyone other gent observed that Nairaland continues to rely on borrowed stories from other blogs sites to post as news.

Dis is a sign that nairaland, has lost its relevance (if it ever had any) and is on a desperate survival line.

One-sided tribalism has finally taken its toll on dis forum. Its a pity and a shame that they might even be manipulating meta info just to come tops on google searches for issues relating to nigeria!

What a great fall!!!

1 Like

Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by Xb4Real: 8:28am On May 20, 2013
[quote author=Van snickers]Great! Homosexuals are human beings also, i don't see why anyone will be against Gay-Marriage.[/quote
U'RE A BASTARD. Idiot of de highest oda. Dat's wat u are. If ur father had married his fellow man or ur mother marrried hr fellow woman, tell me how u wud hv b conceived. Or wud u be happy to groow up and found out u were adouted from one pulgatory motherless babies' home? Dat is if dat wasn' rili ur story. EWU.
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by kolamilan(m): 8:30am On May 20, 2013
this is madness, some developed countries are looking for away to reduced there population, but they can only achieve this by reducing the way people are coming to there country.
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 8:37am On May 20, 2013
idiots nd fools. may God destroy all d gays including elton john
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by Ama28(f): 8:37am On May 20, 2013
I am not a pro homosexual but I am sometimes moved to pity these guys. I remember an experience at the Uni when a gay made a pass at this cult guy and they started beating him. I couldn't help be moved because he is human and just like any of us, wanted sexual gratification.

Its a sin before God but so is adultery and Fornication.
I think France has a justification for legalising it since more of their population are pro gay right!
They are still a handful in Nigeria hence not a significant population yet. Can you imagine not being able to tell you family and friends your true sexuality because stigma?

Quite a pity!

1 Like

Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by Ama28(f): 8:37am On May 20, 2013
I am not a pro homosexual but I am sometimes moved to pity these guys. I remember an experience at the Uni when a gay made a pass at this cult guy and they started beating him. I couldn't help be moved because he is human and just like any of us, wanted sexual gratification.

Its a sin before God but so is adultery and Fornication.
I think France has a justification for legalising it since more of their population are pro gay right!
They are still a handful in Nigeria hence not a significant population yet. Can you imagine not being able to tell you family and friends your true sexuality because stigma?

Quite a pity!
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 8:41am On May 20, 2013
really madness
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 9:26am On May 20, 2013
Funny argument. Yet you have the guts to call someone an idiiot. Do you need an animal's consent before you kill and eat it? Which is more of an 'abuse' between killing/eating an animal and sleeping with it?
Even till today, there are psychologists who view homosexuality as a mental illness. It even negates the evolutionary explanation of sexual desire as a necessary ingredient for the survival of species (mankind).

1 Like

Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by jidewin(m): 9:36am On May 20, 2013
undecidedSigning into law is just for formality sake. frenchies been doing their thing without any hassles.Been expecting the passage of the bill long time ago anyway.*sucks*
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by jidewin(m): 9:43am On May 20, 2013
wink[b][/b]Watch out folks...Soon bestiality would soon be legalized.
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by mrofficial(m): 9:46am On May 20, 2013
That end that we crave, we will get there. Immorality becomes moral. cheesy
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by Santi222(m): 9:57am On May 20, 2013
Van snickers: Great! Homosexuals are human beings also, i don't see why anyone will be against Gay-Marriage.
just say dat you are..
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 10:12am On May 20, 2013
I knew that gays had a maybe five or
even ten times higher chance of
getting AIDS and other STD’s than
heterosexuals. I didn’t know the
differential was actually more like 50.
Something like 20% of the US gay
population (which makes up 3.5% of
its total population) is HIV positive. It
is 5% in the UK. But as of 2009,
according to the CDC “male to male
intimate contact” accounted
for about 57% of all HIV transmissions
in the US (and of 75% of all HIV
transmissions among men).
“Heterosexual contact” among men
accounted for a mere 8% of all HIV
transmissions. Basically, if you’re gay,
you should take far, far more
precautions during sex than your
straight counterparts – though in
practice, it seems the precise opposite
is taking place (“Carlos estimates that
he has already had several hundred
sex partners; he eagerly awaits the
day when he tests HIV-positive – at
which time his Intimate interest,
Carlos
says, will then turn toward infecting
another person – which is known as
“gift-giving”" .
The result is that back at the height of
the epidemic in the 1990′s, life
expectancy for gays was something
like 20 years lower than for straights
(those are risks far greater than for
smoking). Assuming the gay
population to be 3% of the male total,
Canadian homosexuals had only a
32% chance of living from the age of
20 to the age of 65, far less than the
78% for the average Canadian man
(or equivalent to a Canadian man in
1871). The study in question,
however, was carried out at the very
height of mortality from AIDS; since
then, medical improvements have
sharply reduced it, e.g. from more
than 50,000 deaths in 1995 to a
constant 20,000 or so from 1998 on.
So I suppose the life expectancy
penalty is now somewhat better than
being a heavy smoker or an alcoholic
(both about 10 years).
In other words, it’s a valid public
health policy to make homosexuality
culturally unattractive, as opposed to
glamorizing it. And while it is certainly
true that it does not apply to the vast
majority of homosexuals, the statistics
also destroy yet another liberal
canard: That there is no connection
between homosexuality and
pedophilia. In reality, studies indicate
that 2-4 girls are abused for one boy,
even though there are about 30
straights to every gay (the vast
majority of sex abusers are of course
male). Even allowing for necessary
caveats – e.g., groups of male
children are far more likely to be
entrusted to males for supervision
than groups of girls – that still strongly
indicates that homosexuals are, on
average, considerably more likely to
be craddle-robbers than
heterosexuals.
A corollary is that I am quite okay with
African countries criminalizing
homo.sexuality.
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by Delafruita(m): 10:22am On May 20, 2013
ijawkid:

You call banning gay marraige misplaced priority??.......passing that bill to jail fools like you for 14yrs wasn't hard my bro........it was done snappy.......naija would gradually solve its problem rather than add another madness to the existing problems we have......I can't believe some foolish nigerians stood up to fight for the sanctioning of gay marraige in this country.........

Is that now suppose to be naija's problem??.....to allow gays marry??.....work some of them never get na gay rights them dey fight for.....

Rubbish!!!!!......
it was misplaced priorities and you know it.all this religious jingoism is just utter bollocks.people who dont believe in god should not and cannot be subjected to the rules of the religious
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by katordidi(m): 10:26am On May 20, 2013
Van snickers:

Carry-on, carry-on. Continue displaying your "Christ-Like" Behavior. If a wild beast like you can be allowed to have kids, why can't decent Homosexuals be allowed to adopt Children. It has been proven that being raised by Homosexual parents has no adverse effects on the Children.
blood of Jesus!
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by proproman(m): 10:33am On May 20, 2013
Wow. Just wow. I can't believe you guys are actually discussing this issue in a civilized manner. Usually, once this issue is raised, senseless comments come up from both sides but I can't believe Nairalanders are actully discussing a sensitive issue in a sensible manner.

Is Nigeria really changing for the better or has Seun's rules instilled a sense of discipline across the board?
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by ijawkid(m): 10:44am On May 20, 2013
Delafruita:
it was misplaced priorities and you know it.all this religious jingoism is just utter bollocks.people who dont believe in god should not and cannot be subjected to the rules of the religious

Have I mentioned religion here??........

You hear religion for my mouth......??.....

This issue is way past religion...we are talking about nature....

If a man has chosen to marry a man let them have sex and produce kids.........

Y'all are just insane......
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by proproman(m): 10:49am On May 20, 2013
Okay, lemme try to have a balanced view here. I don't personally have an opinion about homosexuality because, quite frankly, none of us knows for sure if we are right on that issue. Biblically it's wrong, which for religious folks, should be where the matter ends. Scientifically, well, it's said to be a normal sexual orientation. But that's not my focus here.

On wether they should be allowed marriage. Well, I have nothing at all against gay people and if they want to spend the rest of their lives together, why not? Doesn't affect anybody except themselves.

I see the bone of contention here is the adoption of kids. Personally, I dunno if there's anything wrong with gay guys adopting kids. I mean, isn't it about the love and care? There are too many abandoned kids out there and too few heterosexual families to take them in. Infact, most heterosexual couples would rather have their own kids. The government cannot pass a law asking heterosexual parents to adopt at least a kid because, quite frankly, it is not government's job to determine who your kids are. It would be easy to say the children should be raised in a heterosexual setting but where are the people to adopt them. If gay people would offer these kids the same love and care their own parents denied them, why should they be denied adoption as an option?

Besides, the argument that raising children in gay settings would make them gay is rather moot. A huge majority of gay people were born and raised in heterosexual settings. How come they ended up gay? Where I have a problem is when the kids start wondering why their friends have a dad and a mum and why they have two dads or two mums. But then kids would also wonder why their friend has just a mum or just a dad to so....

I dunno, my personal take is live and let live. As far as your personal rights aren't being infringed upon, enjoy your life and leave the rest to God or whoever you worship.

2 Likes

Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by Surjman: 11:10am On May 20, 2013
Legalising gay marriage.O Allah,i am 100% sure,dey cant b forgivin cus dey know what dey are doing.dats y i like islam.so principled religion.no known muslim in the world anywea will publicly announce being gay n will still head for the mosque.only in a christain country will dis act ever b legalised.later dat same president will head for church on sunday.thou i know some muslim's practice dis nonsense,but he/she dea nt say it out or get caught in d act.dis world is bcomin somtin else.
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by wiegraf: 11:12am On May 20, 2013
ijawkid: Very soon the foolish government and those reprobates would be scrambling for the sanctioning of bestiality and marraige between man and animal all in the name of live and let's live......

And foolish nigerians here on nairaland are in support of this rotten arrangement called gay marraige..........

ijawkid:

Hope you know you are an arrant fool??....

Why should gays even want children??...let them have sex and produce children......i-diots........

They are fighting for useless rights but want to have and raise kids which there union contravenes........

Would you look here, stroll outside religion only to find the resident closeted brah again on a thread about....gays.

This looks like pure, blind hate to me, of the unadulterated bigotry flavor. I remember you loudly, and repeatedly claiming to hate the sin but love the sinner. What happened to that? Or were you, like many pointed out to you, blatantly lying?

2 Likes

Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by paparazzi1987(m): 11:21am On May 20, 2013
kalokalo: And yet these hypocritical Westerners will open their dirty mouths and tell us that "polygamy is bad" and "uncivilized" while homosexuality is "good" and "proper"

And Africans are accepting their logic that marrying or screwing more than one woman is "bad" while marrying or screwing another man is "good".

Smh!!
You have spoken well. wink
Re: France Legalises Same-sex Marriage by ijawkid(m): 11:41am On May 20, 2013
wiegraf:

Would you look here, stroll outside religion only to find the resident closeted brah again on a thread about....gays.

This looks like pure, blind hate to me, of the unadulterated bigotry flavor. I remember you loudly, and repeatedly claiming to hate the sin but love the sinner. What happened to that? Or were you, like many pointed out to you, blatantly lying?

Ahhh!!!....another gay comes up.....

I still stick to my words that I hate the act,which in turn means I would never support gay marraige and gay couples wanting to own kids........

And when I said I hate the act and not the people that doesn't translate to me LOving homosexual practicers...........

Thank you!!!......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

New US Ambassador, Nicholas Burns Arrives In Beijing Amid Tense Relations / COVID-19: Vladimir Putin’s Spokesperson, Dmitry Peskov Tests Positive / Boris Johnson Government Grants Visa Extension To All Ukranians In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.