Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,155 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 - Music/Radio (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 (29616 Views)

VGMA: Patoranking Wins African Artiste Of The Year + Full Winners List / {VIDEO + DOWNLOAD} Wizkid Performs ‘the Matter’ At Ghana Music Awards / Wizkid Wins Mobo Award 4 Best Africa Art (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by kaymyself: 10:49am On May 21, 2013
Airforce1: Davido is gonna be jealous
next time davido will win zambia pangolo for singing one of a kind and kalo connect two rubbish music of the year
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by kaymyself: 11:01am On May 21, 2013
Kingmojo:

British people can't understand Nigerians accent but they understand ghanaians accents
lol have you ever spoke with any British before. Am a nigerian and have spoken with a lot of british people without any complain. Ghana accent is the worst because they speak as if they don't have tounge at all.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by kamelonaire(m): 11:01am On May 21, 2013
kaymyself: next time davido will win zambia pangolo for singing one of a kind and kalo connect two rubbish music of the year
Airforce I can even understand the meaning of ur name, is dat niga name or wat, well dat is niga boy but shld I ask u a questn, my question is this have u release any album b4, have u sing a song b4 if NO by advice for u is dat u shld try one and know hw it is. Don't act u don't care
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by kaymyself: 11:12am On May 21, 2013
kamelonaire:
Mr kingmojo u tu much let them know dat there head no de there, ghana her learning.......
pls who is ghana where is ghana in africa when africa are talking especially nigerian I don't expect people that leave there country and come down to nigeria to sell pofpof and shoe polish to be making noise. Ghannians are still learning from us because we are more civilize than them they always look up to us in everything and they are also jealous of the stars we produce in our country pls any ghannian that's here should go and dance azonto because that's the only thing you know how to do in your country called africa village

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by kaymyself: 11:17am On May 21, 2013
kamelonaire:
Airforce I can even understand the meaning of ur name, is dat niga name or wat, well dat is niga boy but shld I ask u a questn, my question is this have u release any album b4, have u sing a song b4 if NO by advice for u is dat u shld try one and know hw it is. Don't act u don't care
am not a musician so don't tell me to sing he should stop making noise and comparing himself with star musicians the only music of him I like is carolina and only me others rubbish imagine he stole someone else music gobe.
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by kamelonaire(m): 11:45am On May 21, 2013
kaymyself: pls who is ghana where is ghana in africa when africa are talking especially nigerian I don't expect people that leave there country and come down to nigeria to sell pofpof and shoe polish to be making noise. Ghannians are still learning from us because we are more civilize than them they always look up to us in everything and they are also jealous of the stars we produce in our country pls any ghannian that's here should go and dance azonto because that's the only thing you know how to do in your country called africa village
Did u know dat bad they used, I thing is ghana must go if I get dat
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Steezz(m): 11:46am On May 21, 2013
collynzo2: Give us facts not unproven statistics Nigerians rule your economy, all the major banks in Ghana are owned by Nigerians, the biggest telecommunication carrier in your country, Glo is a Nigerian company, your countries premier league os sponsored by a Nigerian company, so much for a 'Somalia-like country' lol
Bros I tire 4 dat knuckle head. Who survivs on $2 a day in Naija? Wat can dat shixt buy? 34million dnt av access 2 toilet? WTF! Kip deceivin urselfs wiv fake-arss stats done 4rm d privacy of one retardeens office grin
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by londoner: 11:55am On May 21, 2013
So....let me get this straight. Because Wiz kid won and award there is bickering and fighting between a group of adults.

Nigerians and Ghanaians.......soem of us should be ashamed of ourselves.

Well done wiz kid........your hard work has paid off and well done Charter House Ghana for rising above xenophobia on this occasion.
Up naija!!!!
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by GHSwagg: 1:25pm On May 21, 2013
collynzo2: Give us facts not unproven statistics Nigerians rule your economy, all the major banks in Ghana are owned by Nigerians, the biggest telecommunication carrier in your country, Glo is a Nigerian company, your countries premier league os sponsored by a Nigerian company, so much for a 'Somalia-like country' lol

Seriously dude Where did you get your info from? grin grin grin

Congratulations bro, you have won yourself the Lamest Comment Award on this thread shocked cool shocked cool
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by GHSwagg: 1:38pm On May 21, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

U need a head phone wen a nigerian start spewing his dumb accent

Aaaaw, Is that bad? grin cheesy
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by GHSwagg: 1:43pm On May 21, 2013
Kajina:

LMOA!!

Weird way of speaking English?? This coming from a Nigerian? Wonders shall never end ooo grin So you went to the UK and heard them pronounce “TION” as “SHON”? I mean words like nation as na(shon), population as popula(shon), accommodation as accommoda(shon), etc. That’s a big joke. My friend it’s pronounced SHIN not SHON.

And I wonder what on earth makes you guys pronounce words like “pursue” as PORSHOE, “lawsuit” as LAWSHOOT, “suit” as SHOOT? What does SHOE got to do with the word PURSUE? Like seriously? I just can’t fathom why. You obviously don't listen to the Brits in UK, because no English man will say such shocked

Shoe in pursue? Now this is serious grin
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by GHSwagg: 1:47pm On May 21, 2013
Kajina:

No one is perfect but Nigerians pronunciation of most English words are just mind boggling grin grin grin cheesy

ROTFLMFAO! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by GHSwagg: 1:52pm On May 21, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:
Ur useless country will split up cuz u fools live lyk animals n don't even undastand urselves n hv a Charlie chaplin for a president grin cheesy

The bolded
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by GHSwagg: 2:00pm On May 21, 2013
Kajina:

LOL! What else do you want me to say? I provided you with a link that confirms that, how you hear Ghanaians pronounce the word money is actually how the English man pronounces it. What do you want from me again? Like I said, just keep listening, you will eventually get it right grin

LOL @ the bolded

I suggest you shout it loud into his ears. And just maybe that would work grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by GHSwagg: 2:07pm On May 21, 2013
Qelvin:
Lool i still love Ghanaians though,bye brothers! wink wink wink

We love you too bro wink
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by GHSwagg: 2:26pm On May 21, 2013
Kingmojo:

Ask yourself this question whenever something bad happens in a west african country where do the citizens seek refuge including Nigeria itself. Ghana, Ghana , Ghana

That's the main reason why we need to pray they get things right. The rate at which they are trooping to GH is very alarming, and the only way this will stop is they getting things right shocked
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by GHSwagg: 2:54pm On May 21, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Lmao, what a thread

Very interesting one indeed! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by GHSwagg: 3:28pm On May 21, 2013
Kajina:

LOL, Nigerian speaking negatively about Ghanaian English pronunciation? Wonders they say, shall never end cheesy I was also enrolled in a course where T.A.s took turns to teach the large class. One of them was a Nigerian guy. Students in the class complained bitterly about his accent because they couldn’t understand him. To the extent that they wrote a petition to the course coordinator asking that he stop teaching because they couldn’t understand him. Unfortunately for the students and fortunately for him, he was allowed to continue teaching, and he made this announcement to the class:

“I jos want to say this to the class, I am a T.A. for this course, and I will continue teaching, if you have any problem with my accent, you can walk out”

Courageous guy isn’t he? grin

BTW I never had or heard of any of the Ghanaian profs having problem with students concerning their Ghanaian accent/pronunciation. They are all doing fine cheesy

The bolded

Wooow!!! This is really bad. I really feel for the guy sha. This is not fair cry cry cry
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by PetroDolla: 3:51pm On May 21, 2013
kingingkinging:

The problem you have is you don't know and still don't want to know. There is no way you can match Nigeria. We are too strong for you. For your information, Obama will be in Nigeria by May 28th. The world economy does not recognize Ghana because it is too lame and weak for them. Pls if you have ever thought Ghana and Nigeria operate on same pedestal before kindly comb your brain and delete such thought. we are far more than Ghana in all ramifications.

grin grin grin did you say Obama is visiting the sh1thole on May 28? grin grin grin https://www.nairaland.com/1297360/obama-skips-nigeria-africa-visit fuckeduppedness grin

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 21, 2013
PetroDolla:

grin grin grin too much poverty in that sh1thole grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1297306/woman-protest-lagos-over-hunger
Award-winning hip-life artiste Kwaw Kesse, known in showbiz circles as Abodam, has revealed that most of his colleague musicians in Ghana cannot afford a decent meal and have to literally beg for food.

According to Abodam, most Ghanaian musicians, especially those who fall within the hip hop category, are living a false life. He said they pretend to be okay by dressing in expensive designer clothing when they appear in public but actually have nothing in their bank accounts because their songs are not doing well on the market and they have no other means of income.http://vibeghana.com/2011/06/22/kwaw-kese-ghanaian-musicians-can%E2%80%99t-buy-food/ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by PetroDolla: 4:04pm On May 21, 2013
M0ron, I guess you'd never heard of google,huh? fuelish goat! grin more Somalia-like statistics--nigeria has the second highest number of people living with HIV/AIDS in the world. malaria kills 300,000 people in nigeria every yeay, and 97% of the population is at risk. Pneumonia kills 200,000 children in nigeria per year. nigeria was classified by the WHO as the most disease-burdened country in the world at the end of 2012! Go to the WHO statistics or better still google the United Nations Human Development Index report and start weeping for your dustbin country grin

You are huge joke!

Where on this earth do you have banks controlling any economy. Or do banks in Nigeria ‘rule’ your country’s economy? Well, it is different here. In Ghana, banks are under the strict control of the Bank of Ghana (the central bank). There is virtually nothing they do that the central bank is not aware of, especially those Nigerian-owned banks. If you know the CEO of any Nigerian-owned bank in Ghana ask him whether he feels like he ’controls’ anything in Ghana. Even if they sneeze, the central bank is notified. grin

Banks use customers funds to conduct their business, so the money held by a bank at any point in time does not belong to the bank. So how is that supposed to translate to ‘rule’?

Secondly, there are 30 banks in Ghana at the moment- six of which are owned by Nigerians, as per (majority shareholders). We are talking about six banks out of 30! And to the best of my knowledge, no sane person trusts Nigerians banks well enough to open an account with them, when you have more credible banks like the Ghana Commercial Bank, UT, and Barclays etc.

With telecoms, there are six GSM operators in Ghana at the moment. Glo is one of them, and is the least patronized. I think they have less than 1% of the market share! So much for Nigerian ‘rule’ of the Ghanaian economy.and did anyone force glo to sponsor the Ghanaian league? n0nsense talk!

Sh1thead, do you even control your own economy? Crap! What happens if foreign oil companies –Shell,Chevron,Total,Agip,Eni etc- decide to withdraw from Nigeria today? modafaka grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 21, 2013
i am dbanj with one of his toys grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 21, 2013
davido in his fathers private jet, going to ghana to perform for you less privileged .the money goes to charity just to drive hunger away from ghana. kai e no easy

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 21, 2013
akon chilling with the african best musicians

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? / Duncan Mighty Buys A New Rolls Royce Phantom [pictures] / [MUSIC] Davido - One Of A Kind Official Release. Download Audio And Listen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.