Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,121 members, 7,811,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 - Music/Radio (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 (29592 Views)

VGMA: Patoranking Wins African Artiste Of The Year + Full Winners List / {VIDEO + DOWNLOAD} Wizkid Performs ‘the Matter’ At Ghana Music Awards / Wizkid Wins Mobo Award 4 Best Africa Art (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by collynzo2(m): 12:53am On May 21, 2013
Statistics have it that 1 in 3 Gaynaians is as thick as the other 2

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Nobody: 12:53am On May 21, 2013
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Kajina: 12:56am On May 21, 2013
collynzo2:
The same English speakers that put the information on the link I gave you? Check it out again http://www.dictionary.com/?q=nation&submit-result-SEARCHD=Search

LOL!

Once again go to the link below and listen to how nation is pronounced by the English speakers. BTW I know you will still come back and insist you heard NASHON grin grin grin cheesy

http://www.howjsay.com/index.php?word=nation&submit=Submit

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Qelvin(m): 1:01am On May 21, 2013
collynzo2: hahaha check out the guys grammar and accent, very very poor. Gaynaians we know the truth. See the muppet pronoucing 'world cup' as 'weld kap'
look at the transcript of the clowns English

" i Guys!
Are you there?
All the Ghanaians community in columbus...
We have a fan to play...
We have a soccer to do it....
And you know Ghana do the best. We beat even United States for world cup.
What about the Sarah leone...THEY ARE NOTHING BEFORE US...
Last Yearh..we did it! we did it!..but we couldn't...but let me tell you this time
Ghanaians, we want you to promote to the high level that we Ghanaians we promote the soccer in Africa.." grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by collynzo2(m): 1:03am On May 21, 2013
Kajina:

LOL!

Once again go to the link below and listen to how nation is pronounced by the English speakers. BTW I know you will still come back and insist you heard NASHON grin grin grin cheesy

http://www.howjsay.com/index.php?word=nation&submit=Submit
All you do is use diversionary tactics, anyone can claim to hear anything from the link you gave, I gave you a link from dictionary.com that spelt it out clearly as [ney-shun] something which you claimed was wrong, what do you have to say about that? Feel free to divert again and post an audio link that anyone can interprete the way he likes.
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Kajina: 1:06am On May 21, 2013
Kajina:

LOL, Nigerian speaking negatively about Ghanaian English pronunciation? Wonders they say, shall never end cheesy I was also enrolled in a course where T.A.s took turns to teach the large class. One of them was a Nigerian guy. Students in the class complained bitterly about his accent because they couldn’t understand him. To the extent that they wrote a petition to the course coordinator asking that he stop teaching because they couldn’t understand him. Unfortunately for the students and fortunately for him, he was allowed to continue teaching, and he made this announcement to the class:

“I jos want to say this to the class, I am a T.A. for this course, and I will continue teaching, if you have any problem with my accent, you can walk out”

Courageous guy isn’t he? grin

BTW I never had or heard of any of the Ghanaian profs having problem with students concerning their Ghanaian accent/pronunciation. They are all doing fine cheesy

This is my previous post if you missed it. Enjoy reading it. GOOD NITE

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by collynzo2(m): 1:07am On May 21, 2013
Kajina:

LOL! That's an illiterate killing the English, I am talking about literate Nigerians killing the English, like my Nigerian T.A who I mentioned in my previous post.
wow an Illiterate TV presenter, I'll like to know how an ordinary Gaynaian on the street speaks if a presenter speaks like this. By the way the T.A: you mentioned might have been speaking correctly, afterall you are the same person that claimed that our pronuciation of nation was wrong, dictionary.com disgraced you.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Nobody: 1:08am On May 21, 2013
Qelvin:

" i Guys!
Are you there?
We have a fan to play...
Last Yearh..we did it! we did it!..but we couldn't...but let me tell you this time
Ghanaians, we want you to promote to the high level that we Ghanaians we promote the soccer in Africa.." grin grin grin grin

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Nobody: 1:12am On May 21, 2013
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by collynzo2(m): 1:14am On May 21, 2013
Qelvin:

" i Guys!
Are you there?
We have a fan to play...
point of correction 'weld kap' not 'world cup'
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Nobody: 1:19am On May 21, 2013
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by collynzo2(m): 1:49am On May 21, 2013
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Kajina: 1:53am On May 21, 2013
It's so sad what Nigerian so call pastors can do. I couldn't believe my eyes after seeing the video in the link below. Very shocking, and dehumanizing to all Nigerian women.

http://focusghana.com/video-2-nigerian-pastors-having-s3x-with-a-woman-while-praying-for-her-to-get-pregnant/

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by collynzo2(m): 1:53am On May 21, 2013
Foriegners find it difficult to understand Ghanaian English http://www.econgirl.com/1/post/2012/05/is-ghanaian-english-offensive.html
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Qelvin(m): 2:38am On May 21, 2013
Kajina: ROTFLMAO! Check this out. Those boys are too much ooo! They did a pretty good job cheesy That's just some of the weird Nigerians pronunciations grin grin grin cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIkQU3cndy4
those kids are Nigerians,and they were obviously having fun cool
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by ministergh: 3:14am On May 21, 2013
Qelvin:
I'm 21 with a lot of opportunities waiting out there to usher me in,so by all standards that is something worth a while you pathetic scum of my toilet!i can easily reckon you are a 30 something year old failure who spends his time peeping at this mother while she is taking her bath,and of course wasting away like a cursed derelict angry shocked shocked grin

Having a Bachelor's at 21 should not be anything to brag about my friend. I am 25 and had my Bachelor of commerce(accounting and finance) degree in 2008 and have had my Post Graduate Diploma this 2012. That is aside my full completion of ACCA and many other professional exams. I have worked with Societe Generale Bank, Taught in a Basic School,a Senior High sch,being a teaching assistant in the university of cape coast (as a national service personel) I have also worked with the education ministry in Ghana and The national identification Authority. so if I compare what I have achieved at 25 I think you are like soo behind so don't brag about it.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by veraponpo(m): 7:03am On May 21, 2013
Guy,u have to outgrow this.This is absolute disgrace not only to Ghana your dear country but also to your personality. It is a sign of maturity when you argue

Without insulting anybody only with facts and figures:i will give u some areas where Nigeria leads you:
1. Music: u can argue till eternity but Ghanian music can never match Nigerian music both in quality and quantity. Fela remains arguably d best out of Africa, Femi Kuti has gotten 3 grammy nominations, King Sunny Ade has 2 grammy nominations,Tuface Idibia won first MTV in Africa, Asa,PSquare,Dbanj are doing better than any Ghanian artistes;
2.ACTING: Nollywood-This is area is no match for Ghanian Gollywood. They are far aparts. Nollywood is rated the 2nd biggest drama body in d world,Ghana cannot get there forever. You cannot produce the likes of Olu,joke silva, omotola(one of d most influtial women in d world),Genny,RMD,etc
3. Sports: when last did u win nations cup almost 30 years, not even second positions. In olympics, nigeria won d first olympic medal in africa in football in 1996, Ajuwon won long jumps, our men won 4*4 relay race gold in sydney,Fasuba has world recod in indoor sprint race,etc

4.Television: nigeria has d first television in Africa;
5.Education: we have over 120 universities in Nigeria,nyou dont even have 30 in Ghana.our chilfren are getting laurels here and there.
6.Invention and creativity: apart from alomo bitters,you dont have any major product,but we have over 1000 produucts that are of international
7.Economy_you are not even close.only Lagos can beat youur economy

Banku&Tilapia:

Dominating in kidnapping n BOKO HARAM, nigeria is da most useless country on earth,Somalia is more safer than nigeria. U animals r a nasty piece of work datz y u r not welcome in any part of Africa. cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by Smooyis(m): 7:04am On May 21, 2013
But what is really wrong with some Nigerians and Ghanians. Are we enemies that we descend so low and begin to insult one another? For me i feel greatly atached in my mind to the people of Ghana than any other nationals in Africa. There is this bond u just cannot explain. So guys take it easy!
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by collynzo2(m): 7:18am On May 21, 2013
ministergh:

Having a Bachelor's at 21 should not be anything to brag about my friend. I am 25 and had my Bachelor of commerce(accounting and finance) degree in 2008 and have had my Post Graduate Diploma this 2012. That is aside my full completion of ACCA and many other professional exams. I have worked with Societe Generale Bank, Taught in a Basic School,a Senior High sch,being a teaching assistant in the university of cape coast (as a national service personel) I have also worked with the education ministry in Ghana and The national identification Authority. so if I compare what I have achieved at 25 I think you are like soo behind so don't brag about it.
wake up man, we are in 2013. I am still looking for the achievement in what you posted.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by kamelonaire(m): 8:26am On May 21, 2013
[quote author=PetroDolla] LOL I guess you are talking about Ghana-must-go? say it, don't be afraid now, abi? grow up,dude. it happened some 30 years ago. this is 2013, for God's sake! countries, like human beings, do have their low moments-they fall. what is imporatnt is being able to stand up and forge ahead, something the Ghanaian people have done so remarkably well. come to Accra and see how your people are trooping here like it is some kind of 'mecca'. today, every business entity in nigeria is rushing to come to Ghana. I hope you nigerians in Ghana have your equivalent of Ghana-Must-Go bags ready,huh? I was told there is actually a mass produced bag called ...nigerians-must-follow. I laugh in Tiv! choi, naija we faill oooooo[/quote
Her u ghanaian or wat country u belong tu
Re: Wizkid Wins African Artiste Of The Year At Ghana Music Awards 2013 by kingingkinging: 10:12am On May 21, 2013
Kingmojo:

Ghanaians clean houses to make earns meat but Nigerians use their mothers and wives as blood money. Steal from hard workers. That's what u guys are known around the world.

I laugh in Swahili,look at your use of English above-'to make earns meat'. You don't know how to speak and use English. I suppose you are the best English student in your school. Dullard. 'To make both ends meet' is the correct thing.

My brother, contrary to your way of behaving, I cannot use any abusive word for you but teach you and show you that real guys don't abuse.

Ghana is no match for Nigeria any time any day.

Our economy is more than times 10 of yours-Lagos only has a bigger economy than the whole of Ghana;
The richest black man and african is a Nigerian-Aliko Dangote. The richest woman in Africa is a Nigerian-Folorunsho Alakija. Africa's cup of nation is currently in Nigeria. Our women national team has won Women Nations cup for more than 5 times and Ghana is looking. Our Olympic records speak for us. In Entertainment, Ghana is our baby-Music, drama, film making, etc we have Femi Kuti with 3 grammy nominations, King Sunny ade with 2 grammy nominations, Tuface being the first African to win MTV award, King Fela came from Nigeria, Omotola is currently one of the 100 most influential women in the world, no Ghanian was there, etc. We have Okonjo Iwenla former MD of the world bank and vice president of same org. We have Obi Ezekwisili, We have the great Wole Soyinka, Bola Ajibola former Justice of the International court of Justice. We brought television to Africa along side other things. Apart from alomo bitters, Ghana does not have any product that I can think of. But we have our products flooding your market.

Pls look for Angola, Togo, etc to compare yourselves with.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? / Duncan Mighty Buys A New Rolls Royce Phantom [pictures] / [MUSIC] Davido - One Of A Kind Official Release. Download Audio And Listen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.