Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC (7236 Views)

Newsflash!! Forget Bigbang, Forget Creationism, The Universe Had No Begining. / On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran / Creationism Or Evolution - Post Your Peer-review Articles Here And Lets Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by UyiIredia(m): 6:15pm On Jun 13, 2013
Logicboy03: Its all lies Kalis....he is agreeing with you so that he can get that booty cheesy

Uyi Iredia is not to be trusted! grin grin

undecided
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 14, 2013
Logicboy03: Its all lies Kalis....he is agreeing with you so that he can get that booty cheesy

Uyi Iredia is not to be trusted! grin grin

lol
quit hating logicboy. tongue grin

Uyi Iredia:

Yes. Even Some atheists will agree. See here

i will check it as soon as i post this. smiley

Yes. There are truths in them. I like the way Hindus accomodate all. Even the Mahabharata (I hope I got it right) contains parts that reminds me of Psalms and describe God as more tolerant of other religions. Funny enough, when my Dad was pagan he belived that every religion was a way of understanding God, when he said this Christians (evangelicals) asserted that it was false and that only Jesus was the way. Even as a Christian, I still opined that my Dad was right. My dad became Christian but I dunno if he still holds this view. Taoism is another philosophy I like. Confucianism too.

GBAM.
The core of all religions is to serve the creator/s, respect others as well as ourselves and respect the rights humanity.

I think Bible translators pay great attention to detail. I particularly agree with the bolded. Consider this, I once asked my younger brother (a self-described Christian) if he really believed in God. He said he didn't know that he'll find out when he dies. That, and similar instances, made me decide [size=18pt]some Christians have simply not given thought to the religion. They just follow it.[/size] I also agree the Bible has been used to brainwash people. Actually, that can be done with any book.

Exactly. When you have to rely on a pastor to "teach you" how to study your own text and how to praise God it's a problem. When what the Pastor feels is right becomes the "law of the land" to the congregation it's a problem. The book itself is not what is brainwashing people, but rather socalled men and women of God who mix their wants, needs, and desires with gospel.

Charming, well spoken and "lovable" people with superior social skills use their mouths to manipulate millions of people everyday. This is how a world that is predominantly religious has become filled with corruption and destruction. It's no longer about God, but how to please "man".

The claim cherry-picking applies to all. We all have a bias. Indeed, I think people have been apprehending God before religions evolved.

Of course the first people on the planet had to have know there was exterior force/s that created what they knew. It's no coincidence that every culture on the face of this Earth began with theism.

As for cherry-picking atheists are the biggest culprits grin

Yes you did. Your rambling helped wink

Good to know smiley wink
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 14, 2013
*Kails*:

As for cherry-picking atheists are the biggest culprits grin

Kindly explain
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by UyiIredia(m): 12:38am On Jun 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

Kindly explain

You're Anoninyzing. That explains it all smiley
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by UyiIredia(m): 1:14am On Jun 14, 2013
@ Kails: Gbam ! I wonder who coined that expression. People sha !
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 5:43am On Jun 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ Kails: Gbam ! I wonder who coined that expression. People sha !

I coined the expression.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by jayriginal: 10:17am On Jun 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

. . . some Christians have simply not given thought to the religion. They just follow it.
A lot more than "some" I would say. Why think when you can just have "faith"
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by ooman(m): 9:15pm On Jun 14, 2013
People read secondary school level introductory biology, then they come on the internet to speak rubbish about evolution.

Any one know how dogs came to be? By artificial selection from wolves. Now that is evolution, all the proof in one sentence, in one single species.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 15, 2013
KALIS!!!

There is a deeper reason you like me and Obadaiah!! kiss

https://www.nairaland.com/1325665/666-does-number-significance-modern#16262407
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by UyiIredia(m): 5:58pm On Jun 15, 2013
^^^ Her name is Kails.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 15, 2013
Uyi Iredia: ^^^ Her name is Kails.

6 bloody months and didnt even notice......that booty is blinding cheesy

Kails - Kalis!

1 Like

Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ Kails: Gbam ! I wonder who coined that expression. People sha !

cool

@logic boy you guys cherry pick which "facts" to quote or post when it comes to evolution. You are never consistent with your beliefs in either there being no God or evolution.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

6 bloody months and didnt even notice......that booty is blinding cheesy

Kails - Kalis!

Lmao.
You nor well sir....

Anyway i cant believe i abandoned my own thread. sad

I will be back with more vids. as soon as i get to the crib. cool
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 17, 2013
Logicboy03: KALIS!!!

There is a deeper reason you like me and Obadaiah!! kiss

https://www.nairaland.com/1325665/666-does-number-significance-modern#16262407

Lol huh
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 2:51am On Jul 04, 2013
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 5:12am On Jul 04, 2013
*Kails*:
grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-eO8s5BALo

Yes, an unstable man is the defender of atheism......smh.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yes, an unstable man is the defender of atheism......smh.

yes.
which [ironically] is usually the case. grin
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Vansnickers: 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2013
I don't see how someone would deny Evolution yet believe in an Imaginary Being. The Evidence for Evolution is GLARING, Vestigial Organs, Bone Structure, Fossil Records...
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 04, 2013
*Kails*:

yes.
which [ironically] is usually the case. grin

trolling.....smh
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 3:03am On Jul 06, 2013
Van snickers: I don't see how someone would deny Evolution yet believe in an Imaginary Being. The Evidence for Evolution is GLARING, Vestigial Organs, Bone Structure, Fossil Records...

how many tests have you conducted to cosign such claims sir.
I want to know the location of the lab you studied in and notes containing your personal findings that evolution is indeed real. until then have several seats sir cheesy

Logicboy03:

I'm trolling.....smh

grin
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 31, 2013
deep stuff.
this brother discussed things I've always wondered about for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caRp56jVv8I

1 Like

Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2013
interesting video.

David Icke - We think we are Humans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbRmJ_2nqyg

I think there is some truth to this.
we are souls in physical form on earth.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Vansnickers: 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2013
*Kails*:

how many tests have you conducted to cosign such claims sir.
I want to know the location of the lab you studied in and notes containing your personal findings that evolution is indeed real. until then have several seats sir cheesy

Very Faulty Logic. We all accept that everything is made up of Atoms, yet the studies and research that show this were done by a Handful of Individuals: Rutherford, Bohr, Thompson e.t.c
We all know that each cell has DNA, have you ever taken a microscope to study the Structure of DNA? If you believe that DNA exists and you have not personally researched it, then you are guilty of what you accuse me of.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 31, 2013
You clearly did not get the point I was trying to make lol.

No, I have never been in a laboratory looking up links between human and apes lol grin.
but then again I've never pretended to have either unlike some folks.

I said I use my own experience and common sense to rule out certain things
which is that there is no way we could have evolved from apes/monkeys because SCIENCE itself
has determined this to be unlikely though many are still stubbornly adamant it is true. This process would take millions of years to have happened.

The issue is this, You claimed we theists believe in an imaginary being and have the nerve to deny evolution...So I asked you, where are your studies to prove that WE are so delusional since you are talking so hard against our belief in God.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 25, 2013
angry
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Vansnickers: 6:41pm On Aug 25, 2013
*Kails*:
You clearly did not get the point I was trying to make lol.

No, I have never been in a laboratory looking up links between human and apes lol grin.
but then again I've never pretended to have either unlike some folks.

I said I use my own experience and common sense to rule out certain things
which is that there is no way we could have evolved from apes/monkeys because SCIENCE itself

has determined this to be unlikely though many are still stubbornly adamant it is true. This process would take millions of years to have happened.

The issue is this, You claimed we theists believe in an imaginary being and have the nerve to deny evolution...So I asked you, where are your studies to prove that WE are so delusional since you are talking so hard against our belief in God.

We didn't evolve from Apes, All Animals have a common ancestor that we all share, we are merely more closely related to the Chimpanzee and the Neanderthals .

You claim that your "experience" and "common sense" has shown you that evolution is not Plausible, very funny. Science does not always go in line with what our "common sense" expects. For Example, Galileo wanted to know if a Rock and feather got to the ground at the same time when dropped from a Building. Our Common sense will obviously say that the experiment is not necessary, the Rock being heavier than the feather will get to the Ground first.

Unfortunately, Common sense lost that Battle. A rock and a Feather touch the ground at the same time when dropped from a Tower( or any distance) in the absence of Air Resistance, they both move as determined by Newton, with the same Acceleration due to Gravity. The Large surface area of the Feather causes it to coast around when in the presence of Air resistance.

The Point i'm trying to make goes thus, you can't say Evolution is not Plausible just because it does not fit the Template set by your "Common sense" and "Experiences". A lot of generally accepted Science Hypothesis don't fit that Template.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 25, 2013
is that why science always cancels itself out and they have to refer back to basic common sense now I just watched an entire hour and a half worth of a documentary about the possibility of time traveling using blackholes, light, and creating a "time machine" in space.

common sense told me early on it was impossible...
however these same scientists after using Einstein's theory of relativity formulas and wasting billions of dollars in experiments eventually came to the conclusion that I did, using common sense alone, that it is all fckery, grin what say you about that?

furthermore it was common sense that gave birth to the idea of science in the first place. #fact
along with theism the two worked really well together, initially....

but then as of late, idiotic personal wants and desires being added to the mix ended up being the reason why even science has a hard time convincing its own "believers" of a single - true theory about evolution [much less a "creationist" such as myself]. HONEST anthropologists will tell you there are far more "holes" in their theories, than facts.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 25, 2013
*Kails*:
is that why science always cancels itself out and they have to refer back to basic common sense now I just watched an entire hour and a half worth of a documentary about the possibility of time traveling using blackholes, light, and creating a "time machine" in space.

however these same scientists after using Einstein's theory of relativity formulas and wasting billions of dollars in experiments eventually came to the conclusion that I did, using common sense alone, that it is all fckery, grin what say you about that?

furthermore it was common sense that gave birth to the idea of science in the first place. #fact

but then as of late, idiotic personal wants and desires being added to the mix ended up being the reason why even science has a hard time convincing its own "believers" of a single - true theory about evolution [much less a "creationist" such as myself]. HONEST anthropologists will tell you there are far more "holes" in their theories, than facts.

Theism is not commonsense. There exists no single evidence for God or gods. Theism has nothing to do with sceince. Do you see God in the science lab or formaulas or papers?

Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Vansnickers: 12:43am On Aug 26, 2013
*Kails*:

You claim it was common sense that led you to the same answer as the Scientists, wrong. What you had was a hunch that wasn't backed up by Scientific Evidence. Michael Faraday made great progress in the field of Electricity and electromagnetism but it took James Clerk Maxwell's Experiments and Equations to prove the Veracity of Faraday's work.

A Hypothesis comes forth from Observation not from Common Sense. In fact, a Hypothesis is born, when an Observed entity contradicts/goes against a generally accepted Idea on a particular Subject. In the Days of Ptolemy and Aristotle, it was believed that the Earth was the Center of the Universe and all other Planets and entities revolved around it, this also supports Biblical thought and anyone at the Time if asked would obviously confirm that the Earth is the center of Universe and like you, they will attribute it to common Sense. It took the unconventional observations by Copernicus to bring down this generally accepted Idea and also the confirmations of Galileo who with his telescope observed the moons of Jupiter and realized that the Model that Copernicus had put forth held water.

I won't say Evolution is flawless, but i'll say it's the best we have to answer the fundamental questions we have on the subject.

Also, Science does not always cancel itself out. Most times Scientific Theories build on each other. Take Quantum Mechanics for example.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 5:41am On Aug 29, 2013
of course science has a history of "cancelling itself out" lol.
ffs I have posted several videos on here proving what many of you view as scientific gospel to be false, which none of you cyber-atheists were able to contradict. grin you know why? because they used SCIENCE! grin

you tried to use the "world was flat" line against me however it works in my favor.
while the others claimed that the world was flat it took one man who used COMMON SENSE to say,
'well, if the world is flat why is it that the further away a ship is from us, the less visible it becomes to the naked eye? that means there is a curve in the earth's shaping' oh yeah.....that was Aristotle.

and yes that was using COMMON SENSE sir and btw Aristotle was a man who cosigned to the idea of common sense being an essential part of humanity's survival and ability to observe.

"observation" is dependent on one's common sense...a hypothesis is dependent on observation...so again before there was science..there was what? grin

....and I don't need some ancient philosopher to tell me that, I mean that's just logic.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 5:43am On Aug 29, 2013
since when did I become religious?

the last time I check I am pro-theism and anti-denomination, lol
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Vansnickers: 7:27am On Aug 29, 2013
LoL! Miss kails, the example I gave wasn't on the shape of the earth, infact, I said nothing about the earth's shape. What I cited was the popular opinion that the earth was the center of the universe, which was shown to be false. The Sun is the center of the universe, all eight planets(Pluto excluded ) revolve around the Sun. Now, tell me how your common sense would have shown you that it's the Sun rather than the earth that is the center of the universe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One / Funny Tithe Cartoons / SERMON JOTTERS: Mystery Of Divine Assistance {sunday Service} - Dr. D.K Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.