Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,540 members, 7,955,005 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:17 PM

Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC (7365 Views)

Newsflash!! Forget Bigbang, Forget Creationism, The Universe Had No Begining. / On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran / Creationism Or Evolution - Post Your Peer-review Articles Here And Lets Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Kalvan: 9:20pm On Aug 31, 2013
*Kails*:
soo van snickerz...we meet again cool cool grin

Yup. cool cool
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Kalvan: 9:31pm On Aug 31, 2013
*Kails*:

of course you wouldn't because you do not believe in God lol.
even when it's been proven that those people knew all about the cosmos prior to European involvement you STILL fail to accept that their knowledge was due to divine intervention and deep rooted spirituality.

and frankly that's not my problem bruv. grin

What evidence do you have that shows this?! There are an Infinite number of explanations of how they gained that Knowledge. What evidence shows that the Knowledge came from Spirituality?
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Adamskuty(m): 11:19pm On Aug 31, 2013
Even though i don't understand a single thing grin lemme just follow u all,watching in 3D ... But i got a personal female teacher shaaa! How i so much luv having female teachers,lmaoo!
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 31, 2013
Kalvan:

What evidence do you have that shows this?! There are an Infinite number of explanations of how they gained that Knowledge. What evidence shows that the Knowledge came from Spirituality?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? shocked

do the research dude!
they NEVER obtained their information from other people. it was already part of their culture from a long time prior to European or any outside involvement. add that to the fact that these people are theistic. what more evidence do you need?!
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
Kalvan:

True talk......every culture had some knowledge of the cosmos. Just look up to the sky and study it. Study the stars, study the orbit of the sun n moon. Unfortunately, most cultures mixed it with supernatural stuff.

Astrology vs astronomy

1 Like

Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
Some folks like to argue just to argue.
I am still waiting on proof from you kalvan that they
got their spot on info from other humans lol.

If you dont know the history of,these ppl dont argue with me...you will only lose...well you already did actually. tongue
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Adamskuty(m): 8:02pm On Sep 01, 2013
*Kails*:

If you dont know the history of,these ppl dont argue with me...you will only lose...well you already did actually. tongue
the truth be told,the cosmos were flying antelopes... During the year 1000AD. The cosmos used their magic to fly to the moon and sun grin during one of their numerous travel to outter space they encountered a strange creature,an alien! wink the alien name is "unshuro" . This alien gave the cosmos knowledge about so many things,by the time the cosmos returned to earth,they began inventing all sort of thing!

Cosmos magic ! wink
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Vansnickers: 4:57am On Sep 02, 2013
*Kails*:

Why should i give you proof?! You were the one that made the claim that their knowledge had "spiritual origins", you should be the one to give me proof showing this!

On the last Part of your post:

It seems you have joined the League of Extraordinarily Deluded People, i hope you enjoy your time in the "prestigious" Club.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 5:12am On Sep 02, 2013
Van snickers:

Why should i give you proof?! You were the one that made the claim that their knowledge had "spiritual origins", you should be the one to give me proof showing this!

On the last Part of your post:

It seems you have joined the League of Extraordinarily Deluded People, i hope you enjoy your time in the "prestigious" Club.

lol cheesy
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 02, 2013
Van snickers: It seems I have joined the League of Extraordinarily Deluded People, i was never in the "prestigious" Club of some ONLINE FORUM FULL OF STRANGERS, but rather the "i hate god because it sounds cool, plus i cannot accept the fact that i cannot control the ways of the world" BOYS ONLY CLUB...I also go by the name of CPT. Self-Projector. wink I preach the necessity of using logic and facts, but when I cannot deliver and facts are thrown at me, i retreat only after resorting to my last act of cowardice by hurling ad hominem attacks cheesy.

OH REALLY?
tell me more my lurv cheesy cheesy
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Vansnickers: 6:32pm On Sep 02, 2013
^^^^
[img]http://4.bp..com/_Ko09bkZ7O-c/S-xj5Wp4udI/AAAAAAAAAKA/rq9QJ8z6b_U/s400/serious_face.jpg[/img]
Very funny Miss Kails. I will liken my current facial expression to the Pic above. You claim that i hate God, please don't make me laugh, how can i hate something i don't believe in? Do you hate the Boogeyman? CPT= Colored People Time?!

Please Miss Kails, look over your Posts on this Thread and show me the ones that contain facts that disprove my Points. What you call facts, are merely conjecture and suppositions.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 02, 2013
YAWNs.....

My man you are seriously starting to bore me. Until you can prove these ppl learned their knowledge of the cosmos from outsiders, cease from derailing the thread.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Vansnickers: 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2013
Pitiful and Pathetic.

*UnFollows Thread*

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
^^EXACTLY! i know you are.
good riddance. wink

to you too @ logicboy
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
*Kails*:
Post interesting videos or facts you've found about either of the above here. smiley

I'll go first... tongue Here are some videos
countering the "Lucy" theory by Dr. David Mention.

Not only is this man a genius but he's hilarious! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6RfIEVO6YQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZx5GV2qft0
this entire video is on point much like the first one
but 16:00 is the best part!! grin grin

i need to find more of his lectures smiley
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 02, 2013
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 5:59am On Sep 03, 2013
*Kails*:
^^EXACTLY! i know you are.
good riddance. wink

to you too @ logicboy

cry
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by UyiIredia(m): 8:16am On Sep 03, 2013
Van snickers: ^^^^
[img]http://4.bp..com/_Ko09bkZ7O-c/S-xj5Wp4udI/AAAAAAAAAKA/rq9QJ8z6b_U/s400/serious_face.jpg[/img]
Very funny Miss Kails. I will liken my current facial expression to the Pic above. You claim that i hate God, please don't make me laugh, how can i hate something i don't believe in? Do you hate the Boogeyman? CPT= Colored People Time?!

Please Miss Kails, look over your Posts on this Thread and show me the ones that contain facts that disprove my Points. What you call facts, are merely conjecture and suppositions.

People do have emptions inclusive of love or hate for fictional characters, the same can, and I surmise, does applies to you with respect to God.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 03, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

People do have emptions inclusive of love or hate for fictional characters, the same can, and I surmise, does applies to you with respect to God.

See self-slaying......

To make such an argument, your god would have to be fictional
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by UyiIredia(m): 4:19pm On Sep 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

See self-slaying......

To make such an argument, your god would have to be fictional

I don't need to, any more than you would need to believe in God to prove God is evil_try again wink
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 03, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I don't need to, any more than you would need to believe in God to prove God is evil_try again wink

Bro I know u were talking to LB, but I dont get it Lol
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
I have always loved this song sing I first heard it in the 90s....but listening to it today the lyrics just hit me like a ton of bricks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7mwZULsVcQ

"the man who knows something
Knows that he knows nothing at all"

"if we were made in his image, then call us by our names...
Most intellects do not believe in God
But they fear us just the same...."

Daaaayum this sister is deep.
I wonder if she even truly understood how powerful these lyrics are.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by UyiIredia(m): 1:41am On Sep 22, 2013
*Kails*:

Bro I know u were talking to LB, but I dont get it Lol

I was pointing out someone can treat a fictional thing as if it is real.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by UyiIredia(m): 2:29am On Sep 22, 2013
*Kails*:
deep stuff.
this brother discussed things I've always wondered about for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caRp56jVv8I

Yes very deep stuff. I watched the video fully this time and appreciate his thoughts. He talks on how modern religions derive or, at the least, share similarities with ancient religions with quotes from ancient Egyptian texts that are on-point.

For example, he states that Amen is derived from the word Amun (hidden force) which was the Supreme Being behind all Egyptian gods, including the famous Ra, worship of whom the Pharaoh Akhenaten emphasized. He talks of glaring similarities between confessions to escape the wrath of Nunet in the after-life, and the 10 commandments. And I much love how he corrects the common mistake of thinking Egyptians were polytheists. Not quite. Simply put, like West Africans, they believed all gods and goddesses to be manifestations of a Supreme Being and used elements of Nature as metaphors to gods who, I repeat, were manifestations of this being, and through whom they worshipped this being.

He ends with thoughts which spurred my drive to deism. What would people do supposing the rituals and sacred books of their religion exist no more ? He didn't like the idea of strictly subscribing to the Christian interpretation of the Bible. He wondered that the concept of God would have started with a man or men who only had Nature to behold and that over time people would add or remove their own conception of this God till it reached us in the form of modern religions. He closed with some talk of consciousness most impressing was the one on how one can manifest an aspect of oneself which he didn't know and may be surprised by. Given my switch to deism, I can relate to that.

Very nice vid Kails. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 3:49am On Sep 22, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Yes very deep stuff. I watched the video fully this time and appreciate his thoughts. He talks on how modern religions derive or, at the least, share similarities with ancient religions with quotes from ancient Egyptian texts that are on-point.

For example, he states that Amen is derived from the word Amun (hidden force) which was the Supreme Being behind all Egyptian gods, including the famous Ra, worship of whom the Pharaoh Akhenaten emphasized. He talks of glaring similarities between confessions to escape the wrath of Nunet in the after-life, and the 10 commandments. And I much love how he corrects the common mistake of thinking Egyptians were polytheists. Not quite. Simply put, like West Africans, they believed all gods and goddesses to be manifestations of a Supreme Being and used elements of Nature as metaphors to gods who, I repeat, were manifestations of this being, and through whom they worshipped this being.

He ends with thoughts which spurred my drive to deism. What would people do supposing the rituals and sacred books of their religion exist no more ? He didn't like the idea of strictly subscribing to the Christian interpretation of the Bible. He wondered that the concept of God would have started with a man or men who only had Nature to behold and that over time people would add or remove their own conception of this God till it reached us in the form of modern religions. He closed with some talk of consciousness most impressing was the one on how one can manifest an aspect of oneself which he didn't know and may be surprised by. Given my switch to deism, I can relate to that.

Very nice vid Kails. Keep it up.

smiley smiley

exactly bro. very few people really understand how deep this stuff is.
but you are not like the others. YOU are willing to learn and i am glad you appreciate the video.

Theism is something I am proud to say I am part of because I believe in there being a higher power. The universe is far too orderly for it to just have "appeared" out of nowhere or as they say, simply the result of some random cosmic collisions. tongue

I think the reason why the ancient Egyptians continue to fascinate the world today is because of how they showed that science and faith as ONE, is truly a force to be reckoned with. Everything in life (much like the universe) depends on ORDER and BALANCE. That is what TRUE faith is about and that is what is the meaning of life.

The relationship between science and faith should be like that.

One cannot be without the other, period. When you separate the two you are bound to create chaos which we are witnessing the world over today and that alone is what ultimately caused advanced societies like Egypt to fail in the end.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 4:18am On Sep 22, 2013
He talks on how modern religions derive or, at the least, share similarities with ancient religions with quotes from ancient Egyptian texts that are on-point.

Yes, A lot of people fail to understand that the bible/Qu'ran literally contain REMIXED stories/ideologies that were taken straight from the hieroglyphs.

I first realized this when I was much younger and first became fascinated with Egyptology.
The first things I noticed were:

Cain & Able = Set & Osiris

Osiris & Isis = Adam & Eve

And I much love how he corrects the common mistake of thinking Egyptians were polytheists. Not quite. Simply put, like West Africans, they believed all gods and goddesses to be manifestations of a Supreme Being and used elements of Nature as metaphors to gods who, I repeat, were manifestations of this being, and through whom they worshipped this being.

EXACTLY! cool

He didn't like the idea of strictly subscribing to the Christian interpretation of the Bible. He wondered that the concept of God would have started with a man or men who only had Nature to behold and that over time people would add or remove their own conception of this God till it reached us in the form of modern religions.

Theism PREDATES (modern) religion by THOUSANDS of years. grin Which is why i find it hilarious when atheists use x-tianity/islam/etc to criticize theism, as if the concept of God is something that the Jews, Christians and Muslims came up with. **rolls eyes**

Even their beloved science sef is ancient and was used to PROVE there was a God.
Heck, it still does. tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by UyiIredia(m): 5:25am On Sep 22, 2013
Cool. I noticed em too. Off to sleep, be back larer.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 6:33am On Sep 22, 2013
same here!! tongue kiss

nighty night night.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 12:58am On Oct 04, 2013
Ancient Kemet Vs. Hebrew Israelite teaching (part 2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2jgphCEcEU

lol egyptology >> the rest
when it comes to studying spirituality, ancient egypt is the best place to reference imo.

ancient khemet teachings >> bible

PERIOD.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 04, 2013
see more "bible thumpers" getting slayed here:

https://www.nairaland.com/106167/typical-afro-centric-ways/1#18556269

grin grin
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 04, 2013
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 04, 2013
I miss you, Kalis
kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Are Black Africans The Descendants Of Ham? / Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? / New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.