Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians (13152 Views)

6 Harsh Truths That Will Make You A Better Person / "Foreign Trained Graduates Are Not Necessarily Better" - Nimi Akinkugbe / 13 Harsh Reasons Why You Are Nowhere Near Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by nitrogen(m): 7:30pm On Jun 10, 2013
Nawa oh! Na foriegn grads plenty for here so o, I need to jet out of the country for mine too, I won't mind getting one from Togo sef undecided undecided
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by AjanleKoko: 8:04am On Jun 11, 2013
nitrogen: Nawa oh! Na foriegn grads plenty for here so o, I need to jet out of the country for mine too, I won't mind getting one from Togo sef undecided undecided

Togo ke. tongue

coogar:

it's you that need to sort out your insecurities....

Imagine oh. I made one random comment about hearing accents all around me, and all the Tokunbos are jumping out of the woodwork . . . cheesy grin tongue

Who's insecure, really? undecided
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by coogar: 10:04am On Jun 11, 2013
AjanleKoko:
Imagine oh. I made one random comment about hearing accents all around me, and all the Tokunbos are jumping out of the woodwork . . . cheesy grin tongue

Who's insecure, really? undecided

one random comment?
you must have made 1,000 random comments on foreign degrees. it's becoming a habit. why are you so obsessed with foreign certificates. is it something you silently wish you've got and you don't?

this is what someone that knows you well said..

naijababe:
Someday sha, you will tell us what it is you have against foreign degrees grin
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by AjanleKoko: 10:18am On Jun 11, 2013
coogar:

one random comment?
you must have made 1,000 random comments on foreign degrees. it's becoming a habit. why are you so obsessed with foreign certificates. is it something you silently wish you've got and you don't?

this is what someone that knows you well said..

You just wan make I yab you today. angry
Not gonna happen jare lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 11, 2013
AJ, you see your life so? grin See as Coogar used my random comment to score a cheap point eh?!
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by AjanleKoko: 10:25am On Jun 11, 2013
naijababe: AJ, you see your life so? grin See as Coogar used my random comment to score a cheap point eh?!

He's just a vulnerable tokunbo kid jare.
Today I am in too much of a good mood to derail my own thread. wink
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by coogar: 10:27am On Jun 11, 2013
AjanleKoko:
You just wan make I yab you today. angry
Not gonna happen jare lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue

i asked you a simple question - just answer to the best of your knowledge cheesy

you want to yab? you mean you want to display the aggressiveness of a locally-trained nigerian graduate on the internet? tongue
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 11, 2013
coogar:

i asked you a simple question - just answer to the best of your knowledge cheesy

you want to yab? you mean you want to display the aggressiveness of a locally-trained nigerian graduate on the internet? tongue

Oh boy!!!! See homerun grin
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by AjanleKoko: 10:37am On Jun 11, 2013
coogar:

I don't display aggression online.
My own locally-trained aggression is the type that physically kicks your front teeth in. Or maybe break your metacarpals, preventing you from typing for some time. undecided

You're so lucky you are safe behind a keyboard wherever you are. angry
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 11, 2013
^ Correct naija graduate, that's how it's done grin

1 Like

Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by Olaone1: 10:42am On Jun 11, 2013
Plenty funny people in here ooo. cheesy
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by nitrogen(m): 10:45am On Jun 11, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Togo ke. tongue

I do not mind o, since it is outside naija things, moreso I will be called 'tokunbo' grad. cool
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by nitrogen(m): 10:47am On Jun 11, 2013
naijababe: ^ Correct naija graduate, that's how it's done grin
grin grin grin grin grin

The 'ma fo akpata lori e' (will smash a rock on your head) type, abi?
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by Olaone1: 10:59am On Jun 11, 2013
Coogar and AJ need to meet up in a cosy place. I suggest a strip club in London. AJ, on your next trip to Bligthy, hook up with Coogar and hang out together.

One love.

Thread derailed.
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by coogar: 11:21am On Jun 11, 2013
AjanleKoko:

I don't display aggression online.
My own locally-trained aggression is the type that physically kicks your front teeth in. Or maybe break your metacarpals, preventing you from typing for some time. undecided

i never knew agberoism 101 is a special elective course compulsory for all nigerian graduates. can you please share your experience? when did you learn to kick people's teeth in? freshman year or sophomore? grin

You're so lucky you are safe behind a keyboard wherever you are. angry

bwahahahaha!
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by biolabee(m): 11:31am On Jun 11, 2013
interesting i enjoy ajan's threads and dialogue
We may not always agree with his conclusion but the fact is that the youths of nowadays just see studying abroad as an escape route to nowhere without properly chart a road map
All na just i wan comot and they expect you to fund their jamboree,...
angry angry angry
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 11, 2013
nitrogen: grin grin grin grin grin

The 'ma fo akpata lori e' (will smash a rock on your head) type, abi?

Ehen hen now!!! Se you know see how e wan kick Coogar's teeth in ni? grin grin grin grin
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by Fenix: 12:11pm On Jun 11, 2013
I don't really understand that designation of "locally trained". What does that mean?

In any case I will say this, many of those traits on the list are generally true for ALL people, regardless of which country they are from. The problem is that our extreme poverty and backwardness compared to the Western world amplifies these traits. A poor man has no time to be sensitive and caring. He is too busy thinking of himself and how he will get by.

Go to any neighborhood in the Western world that is poor and you will see the same traits.

Those in the West were once like us, but they got their act together and developed their country in terms of technology, fine arts and philosophy. They have gone beyond the level of looking for the basic things of life such as food and shelter and clothing.

We are backward sha!
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by AjanleKoko: 4:25pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ola one: Coogar and AJ need to meet up in a cosy place. I suggest a strip club in London. AJ, on your next trip to Bligthy, hook up with Coogar and hang out together.

One love.

Thread derailed.

Why a strip club? What's the point?
I don't wanna watch coogar strip angry don't swing that way, sorry tongue embarassed
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by Olaone1: 4:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Why a strip club? What's the point?
I don't wanna watch coogar strip angry don't swing that way, sorry tongue embarassed

Not Coogar. Ladies are the ones who strip there bro.
Guys (friends; esp. city boys) do it a lot. Just to chill together.
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by AjanleKoko: 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ola one:

Not Coogar. Ladies are the ones who strip there bro.
Guys (friends; esp. city boys) do it a lot. Just to chill together.

Hmm.
Upon consideration . . . e go hard to keep from strangling him with someone's G-string, and hanging him on one of dem poles, especially if he yaps the way he posts angry grin embarassed
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by Olaone1: 4:42pm On Jun 11, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Hmm.
Upon consideration . . . e go hard to keep from strangling him with someone's G-string, and hanging him on one of dem poles, especially if he yaps the way he posts angry grin embarassed
I'm sure he doesn't grin
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by Olaone1: 4:52pm On Jun 11, 2013
Both of you have many things in common anyway - football, intelligence. You are both opinionated and I guess you're both high-flying. So hook up and chill out and make out. It's better when done around 'poles'. cheesy cheesy

Seriously though, just trying to call a truce.
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by tpia5: 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2013
i think the op has a chip on his shoulder.

really deep seated issues, too bad for him. undecided

what's the meaning of "locally trained nigerians"?

speaks volumes about you.

why do you always like causing strife among people?
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by tpia5: 5:02pm On Jun 11, 2013
AjanleKoko:

My bad there. Lemme provide some small clarification, since I brought up the topic.
The summation stems from various discussions I've had with foreigners who work in Nigeria, and who all seem to prefer to work with people who have had some measure of experience outside Nigeria. Be it education or work experience.

and how is a foreigner expected to not prefer working with people they can relate to, who share their own experiences in the foreign countries they come from?

From what I have identified, soft skills seem to be the problem they have with most of us Nigerians (yes, I am one of them!) who have schooled and worked almost exclusively in Nigeria. Hence the various items I have listed.

so what's your point?

cultures are identical everywhere?
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by AjanleKoko: 10:05pm On Jun 11, 2013
tpia@:

and how is a foreigner expected to not prefer working with people they can relate to, who share their own experiences in the foreign countries they come from?

so what's your point?

cultures are identical everywhere?

Isn't it obvious?
The oyinbo I had the chat with was a Briton. He had his own views, based on his (British) view of what's acceptable and what is not.
It's kinda silly, cos if I had this exact same discussion with an Indian expat, or a North African Arab expat (all of them dey for Naija), I wonder what their worldviews would be undecided

Simply put, there's no generally-accepted yardstick for 'acceptable' behaviour. See how the posters who have a Westernized mindset were so quick to relate to the OP's generalizations. Not that we don't have some areas where improvement is required, but most of it is poppycock in my view.

tpia@:
i think the op has a chip on his shoulder.

really deep seated issues, too bad for him. undecided

what's the meaning of "locally trained nigerians"?

speaks volumes about you.

why do you always like causing strife among people?

Coming from you, this is about as bankable as a Filipino treasury bill grin cheesy
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by coogar: 10:29pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ola one: Both of you have many things in common anyway - football, intelligence. You are both opinionated and I guess you're both high-flying. So hook up and chill out and make out. It's better when done around 'poles'. cheesy cheesy

Seriously though, just trying to call a truce.

ajanlekoko is too crude to step foot where i unwind. remember, he's locally-trained and i cannot trust him enough not to break house-rules in city strip clubs......
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by tpia5: 12:35am On Jun 12, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Isn't it obvious?
The oyinbo I had the chat with was a Briton. He had his own views, based on his (British) view of what's acceptable and what is not.
It's kinda silly, cos if I had this exact same discussion with an Indian expat, or a North African Arab expat (all of them dey for Naija), I wonder what their worldviews would be undecided

ok, in short, you are colour struck and tripped by the fact that you met foreigners, some of caucasian origin.

good for you!

Simply put, there's no generally-accepted yardstick for 'acceptable' behaviour. See how the posters who have a Westernized mindset were so quick to relate to the OP's generalizations. Not that we don't have some areas where improvement is required, but most of it is poppycock in my view.

there's no yardstick for acceptable behaviour, yet you opened the thread to prove otherwise?

Coming from you, this is about as bankable as a Filipino treasury bill grin cheesy

you have excessively low self esteem.

do i constantly open threads to belittle and demean others, as is your wont?

some of you nlers think by accusing others of what you yourself are guilty of, that will hide your glaringly obvious inadequacies. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

think again!
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by AjanleKoko: 8:19am On Jun 12, 2013
tpia@:

ok, in short, you are colour struck and tripped by the fact that you met foreigners, some of caucasian origin.

good for you!

there's no yardstick for acceptable behaviour, yet you opened the thread to prove otherwise?

you have excessively low self esteem.

do i constantly open threads to belittle and demean others, as is your wont?

some of you nlers think by accusing others of what you yourself are guilty of, that will hide your glaringly obvious inadequacies. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

think again!

No shocked
You cannot possibly be this slow. Can you? undecided
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by Olaone1: 8:21am On Jun 12, 2013
AjanleKoko:

No shocked
You cannot possibly be this slow. Can you? undecided
Let it slide, pls.
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by uchechuwku: 9:34am On Jun 12, 2013
Coming from you, this is about as bankable as a Filipino treasury bill

Please, what does the above quote means. Thanks
Re: A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 12, 2013
coogar:

ajanlekoko is too crude to step foot where i unwind. remember, he's locally-trained and i cannot trust him enough not to break house-rules in city strip clubs......

You like white people don't you? Too bad u black, you will never be one of them, just so you know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should I Accept The New Job Offer? / Giving Up Banking For London South Bank University / How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.