Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? (76062 Views)

Mujahid Dokubo-asari Blasts Nigerians Over Hypocrisy Against Ibos / Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat / Mujahid Dokubo Asari; Al Mustapha Must Not Die. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by Desola(f): 12:09am On May 23, 2013
zumbigbo: Britain don pepper immigrants with too much work to pay taxes, so parents no dey to raise children.

children then raised by ghetto/mosque/drink/church/drugs.... philosophies...

result ....Confusion plenty.

True!

1 Like

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by redsun(m): 12:12am On May 23, 2013
dare2think: Funny enough, I had a debate a couple of weeks ago with some folks about the role of Parents when their children take on religion more than the average person.

They concluded that not much could be done by the Parents as obeying God is better than obeying parents.

I could not disagree more.

Parents that teaches their children to be religious are to me,unfit parents.

Children should be taught to be responsible and thoughtful,not irresponsible and delusional.

3 Likes

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by thelastpope10: 12:13am On May 23, 2013
berem: No wonder the British quickly labeled the killers as Nigerians. I sorry for this country.

I am watching the incidence on CNN right now and the lad has a flawless british accent. I mean, flawless! I doubt that guy has ever been to Nigeria! What kind of inferiority complex drives a people to always hate themselves and denigrate themselves? It reminds me of the video of a "sick" woman I watched online who divorced her husband because he was too nice. Some people just enjoy being trampled on

1 Like

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by babsjnr(m): 12:14am On May 23, 2013
TheBookWorm: The action of one demented individual is going to be used to portray an entire group in the UK. smh

Nigerians living in the UK, be prepared that you all will be used as a scapegoat, because of that fool.
dude Woolwich attacks don't have anything to with Nigerian he's a British born and there many British born Muslim who are radicalized jihadist in uk ..Birmingham is they headquarters within this year more than 15 home grow radicalized jihadist from birmingham had been jail for terrorist attack
Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by Nobody: 12:15am On May 23, 2013
according to the islamic teachings:-) ..this nigga is 101% Sure of rotten in hell fire.. for Sure....

2 Likes

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by thelastpope10: 12:15am On May 23, 2013
redsun:

Parents that teaches their children to be religious are to me,unfit parents.

Children should be taught to be responsible and thoughtful,not irresponsible and delusional.

Look at you, smh! When it is time for you to get married now, you will run to the church. Why dont you marry those club girls? angry
Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by tigereyes: 12:16am On May 23, 2013
Such a shame. When will Muslims stop behaving like savages? Now more people will denigrate Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by mitey(m): 12:17am On May 23, 2013
[size=14pt]Dudes!! [/size]

This is just an unconfirmed report from someones twitter account.

Why don't we all go to bed then tomorrow or whenever the official report comes out, we can decide if there is a reason for argument. Or not.

Goodnight!

2 Likes

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by redsun(m): 12:18am On May 23, 2013
ArQueBusieR: PressTV - Islam to be dominant UK religion in
a decade: Report
www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/05/18/304170/islam-to-be-dominant-uk-religion-report/

tongue

Islam only thrive among the very dejected,among the rebels without causes.I have never seen a sane person that takes that religion seriously.Not that any religious person is sane,but there seems to be degrees of insanity among different religions and islam happens to be the highest.

2 Likes

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by Nobody: 12:21am On May 23, 2013
I was shocked when I saw a black man, I must say. Then I heard the soldier was beheaded!! I became sick! It's a shame people kill innocent people, why not go and fight Cameron himself?

1 Like

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by babsjnr(m): 12:22am On May 23, 2013
Chinwem: I m ashamed to be a Nigerian.........am so ready to change nationality

How much disgrace can one nationality take?

The victim is being forgotten in all this.....my heart goes out to his family and friends

Nobody has to agree with me on this so if you don't just don't bother quoting me!!!!!!!!! Better yet hug the nearest transformer
I m so pissed right now angry
his part of home grow uk radicalized jihadist. don't get nigerian involved he was born here.

1 Like

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by Desola(f): 12:22am On May 23, 2013
All this "british born", "he has a british accent" balderdash has to stop! This is what makes some Nigerian parents absolve themselves of their responsibilities because once a child is born in the UK, he or she becomes an "automatic briton", thereby deferring their parental responsibilities to the social services. Any child born in the UK and raised by Nigerian parents, is as far as I am concerned, predominantly Nigerian by customs and as such any shortcomings in his character is a direct mirror image of his parents irresponsibility and neglect!

The same stup1d idea that makes Nigerian parents in Nigeria prohibit their children from speaking their native mother tongues at home in the hope of making them more "educated". Despite the futile effort, the child speaks English but still acts very Yoruba.

Rubbish! Nonsense! Arrant jagbajantis!

5 Likes

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by thelastpope10: 12:27am On May 23, 2013
Desola: All this "british born", "he has a british accent" balderdash has to stop! This is what makes some Nigerian parents absolve themselves of their responsibilities because once a child is born in the UK, he or she becomes an "automatic briton", thereby deferring their parental responsibilities to the social services. Any child born in the UK and raised by Nigerian parents, is as far as I am concerned, predominantly Nigerian by customs and as such any shortcomings in his character is a direct mirror image of his parents irresponsibility and neglect!

The same stup1d idea that makes Nigerian parents in Nigeria prohibit their children from speaking their native mother tongues at home in the hope of making them more "educated". Despite the futile effort, the child speaks English but still acts very Yoruba.

Rubbish! Nonsense! Arrant jagbajantis!

You just typed bullcrap! Absolute bullcrap. You are a product of your environment, not your color or country of origin. Your environment! Some of you are suffering from inferiority complex. A man has lived in Britain all his life and as soon as he commits a crime, you tag him a Nigerian. That is a terrible sign of low self esteem! Terrible!!!

11 Likes

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by Desola(f): 12:28am On May 23, 2013
thelastpope10:

You just typed bullcrap! Absolute bullcrap. You are a product of your environment, not your color or country of origin. Your environment! Some of you are suffering from inferiority complex. A man has lived in Briton all his life and as soon as he commits a crime, you tag him a Nigeria. That is a terrible sign of low self esteem! Terrible!!!

sorry, I have very low tolerance for rubbish.

Try the next commentator, please.

4 Likes

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by thelastpope10: 12:29am On May 23, 2013
Desola:

What does that mean? sad
Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by babsjnr(m): 12:31am On May 23, 2013
thelastpope10:

You just typed bullcrap! Absolute bullcrap. You are a product of your environment, not your color or country of origin. Your environment! Some of you are suffering from inferiority complex. A man has lived in Britain all his life and as soon as he commits a crime, you tag him a Nigerian. That is a terrible sign of low self esteem! Terrible!!!
well said
Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by redsun(m): 12:31am On May 23, 2013
Desola:

I wonder what this issue would have been if this guy name was okoro?"Nigeria" will be omitted from the whole issue by people like you.

3 Likes

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by uniquearticles: 12:37am On May 23, 2013
at the end it doesnt matter if he was nigerian, but his religion
Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by Nobody: 12:39am On May 23, 2013
Desola:

I really do not know where to start responding to this post without getting hot under the collar but in the meantime, I must say that I do not buy your postulations that the blame should not lie at the parents feet. Surely, the parents got it wrong somewhere when he started to mix with the wrong group and they did not take note of it. They must have noticed something, must have seen things. I can't provide a coherent rebuttal right now as I am so angry with Nigerian parents right now and this silly notion that when their children are born in the UK, they lose their Nigerian heritage, customs and traditions. I say that is absolute balderdash! Actually, I beg to differ on your notion that the boy's Nigerianness is only in the legal sense - absolutely not! He is legally British but idealistically most probably Nigerian. He was raised by Nigerian parents, on partial Nigerian mentality. Children spend their formative years with their parents so what they grow up to be is a mirror of what their parents have invested in them and not what the teachers have taught them.

This attrocious act throws all the ills of Nigeria up once again. We have not only failed as a country, we have failed individually and our sh1t reeks and the whole world can now smell it more than before!

Well, I don't agree with you on the culpability of his parents, not at this moment. If we use the Mutallab case as a precedent, one has to be careful in rushing to conclusions. Let the parents come out and speak. let us examine his records etc before we can trace the failure to family level or upbringing failures.

The angle that he's a Nigerian because of his Nigerian parents is simplistic. Available information at this point simply points to a young Briton who got radicalized in Britain, committed a dastardly atrocity in broad day light in Britain and justified the unjustifiable on the alter of Islam. They-whoever that may take that pronoun-would have serious difficulty in exploring his Nigerianess to resolving this case. The guy was brought up in Britain. Britain, not Nigeria made him what he turned out to be. So the notion that the "ills of Nigerian society" are on display can not be substantiated with any piece of evidence.

Your third main point simply relegated education to nothingness. You learnt first at home but your "outlook" was basically product of education. Many were brought up to be Christians but later turned virtual atheists primarily as a consequence of education, not upbringing. The reorientation that comes from sound education can not be compared to upbringing or "home training". Education does change people in many ways that simply can't be enunciated here.

I believe it's time to discredit Islamism (not Islam) like the way communism was discredited or being discredited each and everyday. The idiotic act of appearing on television each time such culpability is on the door steps of Muslims and then say "Islam is a religion of peace" should stop. I am not convinced. They should take the message to mosques, training institutions, formal and informal gatherings that killing in the name of religion is desecrating same religion and whoever indulges in such act is acting against Allah and his messengers. Let them expose dubious religion leaders who continue to preach their parochial view and interpretations of Islam that enable humans to commit this act of inhumanity to humanity.

6 Likes

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by Nobody: 12:40am On May 23, 2013
4 Play: If the news was ''Michael Adebolajo wins academic award'', he will be claimed by us as Nigerian with the ethnic warriors trooping to inform us that this proves the innate superiority of their ethnic group. Deal with it, his background is very much relevant to why he acted the way he did.

Lol. So true.

If the guy is an adult, nobody should blame his parents.

2 Likes

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by Nobody: 12:40am On May 23, 2013
according to frosbel from this topic:
https://www.nairaland.com/1299336/uk-jihadist-after-beheading-british#15855002

frosbel: Hmmm, Yes.

Do you have Sky News or BBC , if yes, watch it.

They shouted their usual Allahu Akbar and then danced around his body before the police shot them.

Btw, he is a Nigerian, confirmed.

smh...
i agree with some folks on this thread though.
His being of Nigerian descent means nada.

The average Nigerian does not support or indulge in such idiocy. He is his own person.

3 Likes

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by binhozie(m): 12:42am On May 23, 2013
tpia@:
the fellow in the video didnt look nigerian.

I dont know about looks. . .at least he was black
but he doesnt sound yoruba-nigerian
Just beneath his british accent lies a hausa-ish tone
I would like to pin the Somali tag on him, but then again every one seems to confirm he is Michael Adeboloja - A Nigerian.
Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by Nobody: 12:43am On May 23, 2013
*Kails*:
according to frosbel from this topic:
https://www.nairaland.com/1299336/uk-jihadist-after-beheading-british#15855002

smh...
i agree with some folks on this thread though.
His being of Nigerian descent means nada.

The average Nigerian does not support or indulge in such idiocy. He is his own person.

Precisely my point.
Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by Desola(f): 12:45am On May 23, 2013
thelastpope10:

You are obviously a kid and could end up like that lad one day so I can only feel sorry for you. The root cause of what happened in this case is identity crisis and you are well on your way there. God help you when the frustration starts kicking in!

I can see that you are gagging for a b1tch slap but you are in too much of a hurry to get it. It will come to you in no time, don't worry. At this present time, I have the attention of the amiable Prof.Corruption so you would understand why I do not have time for non-entities such as yourself.

There is a big fish in the river and I just can't be bothered with shrimps like you. I will let you get off the hook now in an attempt to catch Prof. Corruption's attention.

I'm sure you understand.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Check Out A Lawmaker Resting After Jump The Fence Yesterday +pics Lol / President Buhari Arrives In Lagos / Reno Abandoned His Wife To Chase After An Ethiopian Babe - David Hundeyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.