Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,129 members, 7,818,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) (21719 Views)

Fayose At Governor Ikpeazu's Mother's Burial (pictures) / Patience Jonathan's Mother's State Burial (Pictures) / Yar'adua's Body Leave Presidential Villa For Burial (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) by TheBookWorm: 5:52pm On May 24, 2013
It is good to see both of these men wearing traditional clothing in honor of a man who has given so much to Africa through his novel, Things Fall Apart.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) by Gistwitherico(m): 6:08pm On May 24, 2013
Symphony007: No matter all the silly quarels here on nairaland, i must say nigeria has no greater friend in africa than ghana. It is evident with our president's friendship, celebrity hook up's,etc. Let's not let greed and jealosy destroy the partnership that will dominate africa!!
u are absolutely on point!
Re: Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) by Vanityupnvanity(m): 6:11pm On May 24, 2013
John, Jonathan.........e b like say their names don rhyme oooh.
Re: Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 24, 2013
Did Wole Soyinka go to the funeral of the man he called his friend because I haven't seen or heard of Him in all this news about the burial
were his recent rants about Chinua being called the father of African literature while the burial arrangement were being made a way of telling us he wouldn't be there?
Na so human beings dey? shocked shocked shocked
Kai!
What a pity and a shame
His stocks have greatly depreciated in my eyes
The man a gba da go na anya m mehn!

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) by firstolalekan(m): 6:23pm On May 24, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS: [size=16pt]See bullet proof for bros GEJ body.[/size]

I'll give him a head shot grin
Re: Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) by chriskwaku: 6:24pm On May 24, 2013
Symphony007: No matter all the silly quarels here on nairaland, i must say nigeria has no greater friend in africa than ghana. It is evident with our president's friendship, celebrity hook up's,etc. Let's not let greed and jealosy destroy the partnership that will dominate africa!!
There has been that friendship between leaders of both countries if am a correct from Rawlings' and IBB era . I have magazine where IBB paid a visit to Ghana and you can see the connection between the two in their green uniform.By the way i admire IBB when he smiles. Why do some people come him Maradona?OBJ and Kuffour also bonded well and Koffour named a major highway after him when he paid a two day official visit in 2006 or 2007 there about. With Jonathan and Mahama what can i say.?At least they have one thing in common though.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) by HolyTruth: 6:25pm On May 24, 2013
firstolalekan:

I'll give him a head shot grin
beware of what nonsense you spew...You could be arrested.
Re: Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 24, 2013
At least he got one President...

Rip prof,

1 Like

Re: Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) by Tolexander: 6:43pm On May 24, 2013
babyosisi: Did Wole Soyinka go to the funeral of the man he called his friend because I haven't seen or heard of Him in all this news about the burial
were his recent rants about Chinua being called the father of African literature while the burial arrangement were being made a way of telling us he wouldn't be there?
Na so human beings dey? shocked shocked shocked
Kai!
What a pity and a shame
His stocks have greatly depreciated in my eyes
The man a gba da go na anya m mehn!

wole soyinka's stock greatly depreciating in your eyes has nothing to change about his achievement or strip him of the nobel prize. So stop refusing to do yourself a favor, hating someone that doesn't know if you exist or not!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) by Ruq: 6:44pm On May 24, 2013
Psst!
Re: Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 24, 2013
So otum your president is a Muslim?
Re: Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) by Ruq: 6:45pm On May 24, 2013
Psst! Mods y'all shulda let him read the last one but neibad ama mail it to him.
Re: Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) by spoofproof: 6:47pm On May 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: So otum your president is a Muslim?

NOPE! HE'S CHRISTIAN......
Re: Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) by otumfour(m): 6:59pm On May 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: So otum your president is a Muslim?

Sup Cam, My president is a Christian...he's from the north tho' ....unlike other African countries...the northern part of Ghana is divided, half Christians-half Muslims...I think there are even more Christians in the North.

Religions in Ghana: Christian 71.2% (Pentecostal/Charismatic 28.3%, Protestant 18.4%, Catholic 13.1%, other 11.4%), Muslim 17.6%, traditional 5.2%, other 0.8%, none 5.2% (2010 census)

http://www.indexmundi.com/ghana/religions.html

1 Like

Re: Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) by Truckpusher(m): 7:05pm On May 24, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
That Ghanaian president is foine, yo

Makes GEJ look like boy boy with his red cap
damnit!....you blind? grin
Re: Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) by collynzo2(m): 7:10pm On May 24, 2013
Hmm another Ghanaian president seeking for handouts, GEJ don't behave like OBJ o!!!
Re: Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) by otumfour(m): 7:11pm On May 24, 2013

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) by Jovanna(f): 7:19pm On May 24, 2013
Good to know! BTW where's dis man wole soyinka?
Re: Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:20pm On May 24, 2013
WHAT A SHAME! angry angry angry angry

THEY ARE BURYING HIM IN AN OYINBO WAY AND IN THE NAME OF ANY OYINBO GOD!

CHINUA ACHEBE FOUGHT ALL HIS LIFE TO REVIVE AND SUPPORT IGBO RELIGION AND CULTURE AND THIS IS HOW THEY TREAT HIS DEMISE!

I sincerely weep. .
cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) by dayokanu(m): 7:22pm On May 24, 2013
I thought they were going to bury him at night
Re: Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:22pm On May 24, 2013
TheBookWorm: It is good to see both of these men wearing traditional clothing in honor of a man who has given so much to Africa through his novel, Things Fall Apart.

WHERES THE TRADITIONAL CLOTHING?! WHERE ARE THE HALF CLAD IGBOS?

biko you call that traditional clothing?! MY A$$.

No Masquerade, No Dbia, no nothing. I hate them. what a shame. angry sad
Re: Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 24, 2013
Truckpusher: damnit!....you blind? grin

No dear.

otumfour:

cool OMO GHANA
[img]http://4.bp..com/-FHKkxpC0P2U/USkX3If-N5I/AAAAAAAAAfM/_zmOZS1I0rA/s1600/John+Mahama.jpg[/img]

For real, the ngga is foine.
His skin tone is clean and uniform, unlike GEJ looking there was an earthquake in Walmart's paint aisle

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video Of Rev Mbaka Asking Nigerians To Vote For Buhari (part1) / Mass Resignation Hits PDP In Delta State / 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.