Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,594 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This (41384 Views)

Married Men,please And Please Learn How To Control Your Third Legs / For My Ladies Please Learn From It - What Every Woman Should Know About Men / Please Learn From This Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 11:06am On May 26, 2013
biolabee:

lol.. right?

kulyie if dem bring their crap.. throw them away

i still dey wait for the marriage freaks cheesy
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Idowuogbo(f): 11:16am On May 26, 2013
Padi mi ti di celeb o!!! Go kuylie! Won ti po to! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by sweetnigga(m): 11:17am On May 26, 2013
kulyie: yes that is true.marry for the right reasons and the right person and not because you are desperate that you just say yes to anybody,thats the summary of my tale.

Secondly i dont know of any other person o,but shewa was not born to marry,i was born to fullfill my purpose and destiny on this earth.marriage is just an icing on the cake,its just by the way.my life is complete with or without marriage,thats my point.marriage will not make me less better than i am,it wont make me more fullfilled than i am already or happier.make sure there are more deeper,sound and tangible reasons.desperation always causes you to have more than what you bargainned for but like i said earlier TO EACH HIS OWN.if you think marriage will make you a better person,all well and good,if you think your life will be complete by getting married,fine
encourage marriage my friend.. U are not making any point.
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by try69: 11:19am On May 26, 2013
Ihedinobi: [s]Gaggi, barcanista and nony30 are no longer following this thread, are they? I have a culture of seeing the full development of an issue before I contribute to it, that's why I browsed through the whole thread to make sure I got the full story before commenting.

To start with, nony30 spoke like a real jerk. Of course, everyone's got a right to be whatever they want, but every right comes with a responsibility to accept the consequences or outcomes of exercising them. So, nony30 was a major jerk whom I would have enjoyed going to war with on this thread. How disappointing and rather refreshing that he took his jerkiness elsewhere.

Barcanista, one small shade more courteous than his apparent disciple nony30, was not that smart either. A thread has a specific point of discussion that participants may agree with and reinforce with their own perspectives or disagree with and criticize with their own perspectives. Which did this broda-man do? Agree? He seemed to. Disagree? He seemed to. I think his summary of his arguments or rant or whatever was: there's nothing wrong with putting a timeline on your marriage plans as long as you do it for the right reasons. Which promptly causes me to wonder: did he read the op at all or he just read the title and his mind blanked from the rush of antagonism that had him rushing to type nothing?

His subsequent comments smacked of an annoying arrogance that he felt he'd said something smart for whatever reason.

Gaggi...Gaggi Gaggi Gaggi...whoever this person is, I'm both glad and quite upset that I didn't meet this thread as soon as they first commented. From his/her first comment, I was so put off that I could almost not wait to read the rest to get whatever they really meant to say. I still intend to go back and reread all he/she said so that I'm really sure that I get it. Suffice it to say that my first impression of this person is rather unpleasant. But, I gladly accept that I mightbe wrong. And the reason for being that open to correction was how kulyie responded to him/her. She accorded him/her a respect that I would have reserved for people I thought better of.

Ok. About Gaggi'sresponse to the issue, at first, it did seem like s/he was answering the op then it seemed that s/he was answering kulyie in his/her first post. Now, granted that each marriage and each relationship is unique, are all marriages and all relationships not based on the same principles? That is, are they not all fundamentally the same?

Now, if they are (and they actually are), should someone who gets the fundamentals better not offer what wisdom that they have come to possess to others who may not yet possess it? What is their crime in sharing what they have learned with their friends and people that they care about?

Again, does the fact that human beings are basically very good actors not show that a couple's attitude outside the walls of their own home in the sight of everyone is not necessarily the same as their attitude away from everyone's gaze? That fact along with the principles of marriage give the lie to the example of the couple who club and do whatever and still are such great friends.

Finally, I missed where the op insinuated that marriages made on short notice were always going to fail while those made after considerable time taken to court or whatever would always succeed. It seems pretty clear to me that Gaggi simply did not engage intellectually with the op. S/he just skipped the whole "thinking" part and jumped straight into the refuting part and ended up saying almost nothing.

Perhaps I'll pick particular posts and respond to them in subsequent posts that I make to address more directly what each poster of interest said.[/s]

Long crap

11 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by emmabest2000(m): 11:24am On May 26, 2013
kulyie: i am not an anti marriage person,afterall marriage is by choice,i am only an anti desperate for marriage person.for example you are a lady now and your partner beats you,slaps you in public and private, does not have any iota of respect for you,is completly wayward,promiscous and irresponsible,drinks a lot and you still stay in the relatiship with the hope that he will change because of desperation of being mrs lagbaja.even if he is a jerk,ko matter,the only thing i want is to be married,that is what i am against.2ndly in case you are a christian (i am not trying to get religious here) God the originator of marriage never forces man to do anything,there is no where in the bible that says you must worship me it only admonishes us to worship him or if we dont show us the consequences,its in the bible, but he doesnt compell.it says i have set before you life and death,choose life that you may live.life here doesnt necessarily refer to the breadth in our nostrils.also it was never recorded in the bible that Jesus had a wife or a stand by girlfriend or even had one baby mama he will go and meet whenever he is hor,,ney or wants to see his kids,that does not mean i am anti marriage i am only pro common sense
crazy ni , never u mention the Name of Jesus anyhow ok ? if u want to be single forever that is for u and ur life . say whatever u like to say but just respect that Name for Gods sake
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 11:27am On May 26, 2013
sweetnigga: encourage marriage my friend.. U are not making any point.

Would you recognize a point if you saw one?

2 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Idowuogbo(f): 11:29am On May 26, 2013
Better-person:
Kulyie is d most annoying gal on nl. If yu see as she take curse one gal wen get belle b4 marriage eh, una go pity am, pesin open thread say she dey confused becuz she get belle, na so kuylie begin criticize dis gal left & right, even guys sef begin hala. Yu r one of d popular miserable gals ive noticed. Immediately after Church she as she ran here to start trouble. Who wan put dis kain woman for hse, sef if she cooks love portion, e nor go work, God pass yu. Nor dey form say yu get bf, yur private place don turn forest becuz guys no gree fvck, iddiot
who b dis? undecided undecided undecided see frustration? bobo,u'll just die of heart-attack if you continue to take everything u read on nl serious. msteew! park go left make i see better person joor! U Vagabon! angry angry

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Idowuogbo(f): 11:30am On May 26, 2013
kulyie: lol i have to put my mind,spirit and body to worship God and forget other things for now till church is over cheesy
Carry go jare! da Lord is Good. kiss
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 11:31am On May 26, 2013
try69:

Long crap

Lol. You're not brain-dead too, are you? I think not.

3 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 11:32am On May 26, 2013
emma_best2000: crazy ni , never u mention the Name of Jesus anyhow ok ? if u want to be single forever that is for u and ur life . say whatever u like to say but just respect that Name for Gods sake

So she said she wants to be single forever, did she? Where'd she say that, bishop?
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by biolabee(m): 11:34am On May 26, 2013
try69:

Long crap

unfortunately u are the crappist
His post though long reflects the fact

they left the issue and focussed on kulyie... unnecessary

She is not anti marriage just that she would not be a Mrs for the fun of it
Some court short and have good marriages -- good for them
Some court long and have good marriages -- good for them
Some court short and have bad marriages -- good for them
Some court long and have bad marriages -- good for them

the koko is DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU AND BE READY FOR THE CONSEQUENCES ... chikena

3 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by biolabee(m): 11:35am On May 26, 2013
Idowuogbo:
who b dis? undecided undecided undecided see frustration? bobo,u'll just die of heart-attack if you continue to take everything u read on nl serious. msteew! park go left make i see better person joor! U Vagabon! angry angry

dont mind d wipe and his name is even betterperson,.. this one no better o
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by try69: 11:37am On May 26, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Lol. You're not brain-dead too, are you? I think not.

Nah..My opinion..respect em' hear?.. grin
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Idowuogbo(f): 11:39am On May 26, 2013
biolabee:

dont mind d wipe and his name is even betterperson,.. this one no better o
hehehe....u dey mind am? awon eru tan ti condemn. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 11:40am On May 26, 2013
@kulyie

Your chosen path is a courageous one. It is full of challenges and troubles and pressures and the threat of regret. But I'm rejoicing in the fact that you claim the Lord Christ. He is able to lead you aright.

However, never let yourself feel the need to defend yourself and validate your decisions to undeserving people. It will get your eyes off the mark and engender bitterness. You need neither. Keep your spirit sweet. And keep your garden ready for the one who deserves it. Those are the things worthy of your energies.

God bless you, sister.

3 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by yamunla(m): 11:41am On May 26, 2013
Aye n binu o..pple are vexing badaly..if pple catch dis kuli-kulie girl for real life..oma brutal gan o... Live ur life jare,if u like no born pikin sef..ko kan aye!

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by try69: 11:42am On May 26, 2013
biolabee:

unfortunately u are the crappist
His post though long reflects the fact

they left the issue and focussed on kulyie... unnecessary

She is not anti marriage just that she would not be a Mrs for the fun of it
Some court short and have good marriages -- good for them
Some court long and have good marriages -- good for them
Some court short and have bad marriages -- good for them
Some court long and have bad marriages -- good for them

the koko is DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU AND BE READY FOR THE CONSEQUENCES... chikena

Jus like oga ihedinobi left and concentrated on them..

And oh..u also did to me..circle? cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 11:42am On May 26, 2013
try69:

Nah..My opinion..respect em' hear?.. grin

My post gives you an idea of the sort of things I respect. When you actually read it, you'll know whether your opinion fits the mold. smiley
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Idowuogbo(f): 11:43am On May 26, 2013
Ihedinobi: @kulyie

Your chosen path is a courageous one. It is full of challenges and troubles and pressures and the threat of regret. But I'm rejoicing in the fact that you claim the Lord Christ. He is able to lead you aright.

However, never let yourself feel the need to defend yourself and validate your decisions to undeserving people. It will get your eyes off the mark and engender bitterness. You need neither. Keep your spirit sweet. And keep your garden ready for the one who deserves it. Those are the things worthy of your energies.

God bless you, sister.
Correct guy! God bless u 2.
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by biolabee(m): 11:43am On May 26, 2013
Splendid... bro!

God bless you, sister.
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 11:44am On May 26, 2013
try69:

Oh I did, did I? So you actually didn't read anything I wrote, did you?

smiley
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by silva4u(m): 11:44am On May 26, 2013
[quote author=jennykadry]I don't think Emeka and Lola's story has anything to do with compatibility but finding that balance that will help them compliment each other. I talk a lot my hubby doesn't, I am Emeka when it comes to spending ( see my closet for reference) and my hubby is Lola financially. To be quite honest, if I had married a man who spends as much as I do, yawa would gas. Most times we need a complete opposite of us to keep us in check.am agree wit u!!!
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Idowuogbo(f): 11:44am On May 26, 2013
yamunla: Aye n binu o..pple are vexing badaly..if pple catch dis kuli-kulie girl for real life..oma brutal gan o... Live ur life jare,if u like no born pikin sef..ko kan aye!
Abi o!!!! freedom of movement and speech. eni to ban binu aye ko lo po kun so. angry
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by biolabee(m): 11:45am On May 26, 2013
try69:

dont get u... if u read the post and had been following this thread, u would not have said what u said
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by biolabee(m): 11:46am On May 26, 2013
yamunla: Aye n binu o..pple are vexing badaly..if pple catch dis kuli-kulie girl for real life..oma brutal gan o... Live ur life jare,if u like no born pikin sef..ko kan aye!

exactimento... thats what i said.. its a gang up

i and kulyie have our disagreements now and then but this one na set up haba!!!
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by tintingz(m): 11:46am On May 26, 2013
Ihedinobi: Gaggi, barcanista and nony30 are no longer following this thread, are they? I have a culture of seeing the full development of an issue before I contribute to it, that's why I browsed through the whole thread to make sure I got the full story before commenting.

To start with, nony30 spoke like a real jerk. Of course, everyone's got a right to be whatever they want, but every right comes with a responsibility to accept the consequences or outcomes of exercising them. So, nony30 was a major jerk whom I would have enjoyed going to war with on this thread. How disappointing and rather refreshing that he took his jerkiness elsewhere.

Barcanista, one small shade more courteous than his apparent disciple nony30, was not that smart either. A thread has a specific point of discussion that participants may agree with and reinforce with their own perspectives or disagree with and criticize with their own perspectives. Which did this broda-man do? Agree? He seemed to. Disagree? He seemed to. I think his summary of his arguments or rant or whatever was: there's nothing wrong with putting a timeline on your marriage plans as long as you do it for the right reasons. Which promptly causes me to wonder: did he read the op at all or he just read the title and his mind blanked from the rush of antagonism that had him rushing to type nothing?

His subsequent comments smacked of an annoying arrogance that he felt he'd said something smart for whatever reason.

Gaggi...Gaggi Gaggi Gaggi...whoever this person is, I'm both glad and quite upset that I didn't meet this thread as soon as they first commented. From his/her first comment, I was so put off that I could almost not wait to read the rest to get whatever they really meant to say. I still intend to go back and reread all he/she said so that I'm really sure that I get it. Suffice it to say that my first impression of this person is rather unpleasant. But, I gladly accept that I mightbe wrong. And the reason for being that open to correction was how kulyie responded to him/her. She accorded him/her a respect that I would have reserved for people I thought better of.

Ok. About Gaggi'sresponse to the issue, at first, it did seem like s/he was answering the op then it seemed that s/he was answering kulyie in his/her first post. Now, granted that each marriage and each relationship is unique, are all marriages and all relationships not based on the same principles? That is, are they not all fundamentally the same?

Now, if they are (and they actually are), should someone who gets the fundamentals better not offer what wisdom that they have come to possess to others who may not yet possess it? What is their crime in sharing what they have learned with their friends and people that they care about?

Again, does the fact that human beings are basically very good actors not show that a couple's attitude outside the walls of their own home in the sight of everyone is not necessarily the same as their attitude away from everyone's gaze? That fact along with the principles of marriage give the lie to the example of the couple who club and do whatever and still are such great friends.

Finally, I missed where the op insinuated that marriages made on short notice were always going to fail while those made after considerable time taken to court or whatever would always succeed. It seems pretty clear to me that Gaggi simply did not engage intellectually with the op. S/he just skipped the whole "thinking" part and jumped straight into the refuting part and ended up saying almost nothing.

Perhaps I'll pick particular posts and respond to them in subsequent posts that I make to address more directly what each poster of interest said.
next judge
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by try69: 11:47am On May 26, 2013

God bless you, sister.

Na wah
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by biolabee(m): 11:48am On May 26, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Abi o!!!! freedom of movement and speech. eni to ban binu aye ko lo po kun so. angry

i no know for dem o... for the beefers... go hang and hug electric line join sef angry angry angry angry

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Idowuogbo(f): 11:48am On May 26, 2013
biolabee:

exactimento... thats what i said.. its a gang up

i and kulyie have our disagreements now and then but this one na set up haba!!!
its obvious bro! ki la gbe kin lon ju? dem no reach! nansense!

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by biolabee(m): 11:49am On May 26, 2013
tintingz: next judge

grin grin grin nice one judge simon ihedin...lol
love d smiley
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by try69: 11:51am On May 26, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Oh I did, did I? So you actually didn't read anything I wrote, did you?

smiley

I did..even read the whole thread comments prior to urs..how bout that?

And don't say I didn't comprehend.. cheesy I did too

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by try69: 11:53am On May 26, 2013
biolabee:

dont get u... if u read the post and had been following this thread, u would not have said what u said

I don't just say shiiiit, I read before I say shiiiitt...gerit?

B/w, there is difference between a topic tag and the attack approach.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Chike Eze Threatens To Kill His Wife Racheal If Court Doesn't Give Him A Divorce / Another Missing Person. Please Help A Worried Family. / Physically-Challenged Man Crawls With Wife To Dedicate Baby In Delta Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.