Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,191 members, 7,839,053 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This (41386 Views)

Married Men,please And Please Learn How To Control Your Third Legs / For My Ladies Please Learn From It - What Every Woman Should Know About Men / Please Learn From This Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Idowuogbo(f): 11:54am On May 26, 2013
try69:

I don't just say shiiiit, I read before I say shiiiitt...gerit?
u wan shyte? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Fussbot: 11:58am On May 26, 2013
biolabee:

unfortunately u are the crappist
His post though long reflects the fact

they left the issue and focussed on kulyie... unnecessary

She is not anti marriage just that she would not be a Mrs for the fun of it
Some court short and have good marriages -- good for them
Some court long and have good marriages -- good for them
Some court short and have bad marriages -- good for them
Some court long and have bad marriages -- good for them

the koko is DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU AND BE READY FOR THE CONSEQUENCES ... chikena
wat is dis?

2 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by kushsy: 12:00pm On May 26, 2013
Lots of marriages are based on wrongs reason these days, we all try to make the most of it. For me am in such but I tell u guys its not easy..
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by yamunla(m): 12:01pm On May 26, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Abi o!!!! freedom of movement and speech. eni to ban binu aye ko lo po kun so. angry
most of dem carry the vexation of anoda thread come here ni..u don't tell pple how to live their life,just drop ur opinion,read and learn from oda pple..if u no gbadun the advice.komot face!

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by try69: 12:02pm On May 26, 2013
Idowuogbo:
u wan shyte? undecided undecided

cheesy cheesy
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by yamunla(m): 12:05pm On May 26, 2013
biolabee:

exactimento... thats what i said.. its a gang up

i and kulyie have our disagreements now and then but this one na set up haba!!!
no be small tin bros,thank God NL is a faceless forum..dey for no gang up abuse her,na beating she for collect.."Kulyie is entitled to her opinion abeg oo"..

2 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Samabu07(m): 12:14pm On May 26, 2013
I just realised some days ago that my two years and a month relationship is gone down the drain. My gf had multiple relationships with other guys. She told me she's gone with one of the guys. I have been faithful all through this years. I only take solace in the good I have done.
Its better to have broken relationships than a broken home.
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 26, 2013
Samabu07: I just realised some days ago that my two years and a month relationship is gone down the drain. My gf had multiple relationships with other guys. She told me she's gone with one of the guys. I have been faithful all through this years. I only take solace in the good I have done.

Eeyah! cry embarassed
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Idowuogbo(f): 12:17pm On May 26, 2013
Samabu07: I just realised some days ago that my two years and a month relationship is gone down the drain. My gf had multiple relationships with other guys. She told me she's gone with one of the guys. I have been faithful all through this years. I only take solace in the good I have done.
awww.. cry cry

urs wont pass u bye my brother! stay strong!! smiley
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by biolabee(m): 12:17pm On May 26, 2013
Fussbot: wat is dis?

s.exbot.. u attacked kulyie on the last thread on people buying food for dates and getting no view of pant and you are here again

which girl spent ur money mercilessly that u are picking on people here

sorry bro.. its all part of life,.,.. hope u come out a stronger person
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by yamunla(m): 12:17pm On May 26, 2013
pele tie SAMABOY..next time don't put all ur eggs in one basket..
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Idowuogbo(f): 12:19pm On May 26, 2013
biolabee:

s.exbot.. u attacked kulyie on the ;=last thread on people buying food for dates and getting no view of pant and you are here again

which girl spent ur money mercilessly that u are picking on people here
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
ogabee, ignore d arindin abeg!

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by biolabee(m): 12:19pm On May 26, 2013
yamunla: no be small tin bros,thank God NL is a faceless forum..dey for no gang up abuse her,na beating she for collect.."Kulyie is entitled to her opinion abeg oo"..

thank God for that oo
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by biolabee(m): 12:20pm On May 26, 2013
try69:

I don't just say shiiiit, I read before I say shiiiitt...gerit?

B/w, there is difference between a topic tag and the attack approach.

ok.. peace bro...
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by biolabee(m): 12:23pm On May 26, 2013
Idowuogbo:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
ogabee, ignore d arindin abeg!

na real wipe...

asking question up and down.. i followed that thread
e dey pain dem say girl chop free meal on top ur neck
how much is the money sef 5k u wan kill yaself on top that

always opening posts that girls do this girls do that
learn to say NO or better still, come out and say u want to poke,... if the girl is down.. carry goes if not MOVE ON

that is maturity

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Idowuogbo(f): 12:25pm On May 26, 2013
Preach bro! Preach! kiss
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by try69: 12:33pm On May 26, 2013
Idowuogbo: Preach bro! Preach! kiss

This ijebuigbo, u too funny.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 26, 2013
nikkykay: Please let all the singles learn from this.
Thank you

THESE days my heart cries when I see individuals who are desperate to get married; who can do anything whatsoever to get that ring on their finger. A desperate person is someone who feels she has no hope and is ready to do anything to satisfy this burning need. I read the tale of woe of two individuals that will be getting married in a couple of months. I will call them Emeka and Lola (real names withheld). Lola is in her late 30s and her desire to find the right guy has gone from hopefully optimistic to desperation so much that after only three months of knowing Emeka, she’s decided to marry him. The thing about Emeka is that he is the complete opposite of Lola. She is obsessively neat; but Emeka never learns to clean up himself. She is an independent career woman; he has a chauvinistic streak a mile way. She manages her money well; but he buys based on what he wants rather than what he can afford…and the list goes on. They fight constantly to the point that it is uncomfortable to be around them. With the wedding only two months away, the only thing left to ask is “Why would she want to marry a man who is obviously incompatible with her?”

Obviously, opposite does not necessarily mean incompatible. But what some critics here missed is that these two were not even looking to maximize the good things in their differences, rather they were stumbling all over and fighting over them. That alone meant thay neither was ready to be married.

The fact that the lady was more inclined to save and be smart with finances should have made her even more attractive and lovable by the man and the fact that the man was impulsive should have made him a breath of fresh air for her because what's the use of being so careful with your finances if you can't treat and reward yourself every now and then?

These two would have been compatible if they were really looking to get married not just to acquire a new status. So the argument against desperation still holds.

A female friend of mine also shared the story of a guy she met, who didn’t even ask her out, and blurted out suddenly “Please, marry me”. He didn’t hear her out, and started making plans for a wedding.

There is no such thing as spontaneity in choosing a mate. This is inexcusable, but that is not to say that it cannot and does not work. Every now and then a shot in the dark does hit its mark. That can never be read to mean that one should wait for the night to take a shot that is best taken when the sun is high and the eyes are sharp.

If I were the girl, I'd run. If I were the man, I'd hide my head in shame in some remote island for a year at least for pulling such an iddiotic stunt.

Now, it is very possible that because of strong experience one can tell in a very short time when they've found their mate, but that's only one side of the equation. What about the other guy or girl that you're proposing to or who should propose to you? Don't they deserve to make sure that they see what you see too?

I could meet the one I know I ought to be with for the rest of my life, but it would be very selfish of me to spring such a sudden decision on them before they've evaluated me and what being with me makes them.

So, here again, the argument against desperation stands.

Individuals like this have an invisible signpost on their head with the inscription: “Will you marry me?” After a year or two into their wedding borne out of desperation to get married many men and women soon realise that they are miserable with their spouses. Yes, you are being pressured by friends and families to get married; pressures that make those family picnics and extended family events bitter experiences. That is not enough reason to rush to the altar. Anything done in desperation is usually as a result of a decision taken under pressure. The romance novels and movies showing quickie marriages and glamour often don’t show the reality of a couple’s life later in their journey together. No thanks to singles seminars which only promise participants swift marriages without teaching them how to go through due process in relationships.

According to Dr Angelis: “When you are feeling lonely or desperate, you are much likely to make poor love choices and end up in unfulfilling relationships”. Some people are so emotionally empty that they are desperate for anyone to marry. In the end, they end up in a painful relationship. The following are the signs of desperation which are not exhaustive.

And what is wrong with the above? I didn't hear any of our trigger-happy "proponents" (says who?) of marriage explain what is.

Getting too attached too early: When you start getting attached to a person you just met and even saying “I love you” after a few dates, it’s a sign of desperation. You can make a clean break if you are involved with a needy, clingy and desperate person.

It doesn't mean you can't fall in love fast. It just means that you need to and should give your partner the chance to get to know you and how you fit. It's really a desperate person who digs their claws into their potential spouse like they're afraid they'll run from them.

And a desperate person is not looking to marry you particularly, they're not in love with you particularly. They're in love with being married and they'll marry a pole if it could put the ring on their finger.

Having a profile listed with every single known dating site online: This is a serious clue that you are desperate. If your profile is on every dating site you come across, that is a red flag you must deal with.

Now why would anyone want to be on every dating site they know?

Constantly buying gifts: Getting gifts is good, but when it becomes too much it loses its meaning and relevance. This is usually obtainable among men. The average dude believes he can use gifts to buy his way into a lady’s heart.

What human male has a real argument against this? When we men love, it's a war and we want to win and we'll use whatever works to win, but the guy who is fighting to win a woman he loves acts differently from the guy who's fighting to win a status he loves.

The guy after a woman who's got his heart is ssmart and kind. He takes his time to woo (note the nearly extinct word) her to him, that is, to attract her to him, to make himself a strongest option in her array of options. He works to encourage her to come to him of her own volition.

The guy after a ring and a status goes after the woman like a hound after rabbits. And hounds don't care for rabbits. They don't make a home for them and bring them food and warm them when they're cold etc, they kill them and not necessarily for food.

The true man will give gifts but he'll not hide behind them because he's confident not desperate and he's after a woman whom he believes has value and is aware of it and not desperate either.

Wanting to meet the family too soon: “When am I meeting your people?” Is usually the question a desperate person asks. You should give much time before introducing family and other relatives to a suitor. If you are dealing with a person who is pushing to meet your family and you are barely dating two months that’s a red flag. Allow time to play its role in your relationship.

It's too soon to meet the family when you haven't met me properly first. When we have got on the same page, then why in the world should we not run home to our parents to show who not what we've won for our efforts?

Dressing in attire that is provocative: This is a clear example of someone who is insecure. This is prevalent among women. If you come across this type of lady it’s time to move on to someone who is comfortable in her own body and doesn’t need to show off her cleavage to everyone she comes in contact with.

Where is this false?

From a young age many of us have been taught that marriage is a rite of passage and you don’t become an adult or a woman until you get married. This social pressure, real or imagined, doesn’t make it true. You do not become a full fledged adult by getting married. Marriage doesn’t validate your adulthood; it only reflects your maturity. Dear friend, get off the desperation trap and let God’s will be done in your life. God’s time is still the best; He makes everything beautiful in His time.

By Kehinde Ajose, a talent development strategist, publicist, and blogger.

Marriage is not a sign either that one's matured. It's a decision one makesin line with the purpose of their lives. I could be an adult, whivh is the same as saying that I'm mature, and still not be married. Marriage only counts with respect to the purpose of an individual's particular existence.

That said, social pressure does not define the purpose of any given person's life. That is defined by the Maker of the person. And when the Maker has defined it, it is the person's responsibility to make choices that align with that purspose.

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 26, 2013
try69:

I did..even read the whole thread comments prior to urs..how bout that?

And don't say I didn't comprehend.. cheesy I did too

Now why should I not? I think you pretty much implied that I didn't address what they said. Is that true? Did I indeed fail to address what they said?
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by tintingz(m): 12:48pm On May 26, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Obviously, opposite does not necessarily mean incompatible. But what some critics here missed is that these two were not even looking to maximize the good things in their differences, rather they were stumbling all over and fighting over them. That alone meant thay neither was ready to be married.

The fact that the lady was more inclined to save and be smart with finances should have made her even more attractive and lovable by the man and the fact that the man was impulsive should have made him a breath of fresh air for her because what's the use of being so careful with your finances if you can't treat and reward yourself every now and then?

These two would have been compatible if they were really looking to get married not just to acquire a new status. So the argument against desperation still holds.

There is no such thing as spontaneity in choosing a mate. This is inexcusable, but that is not to say that it cannot and does not work. Every now and then a shot in the dark does hit its mark. That can never be read to mean that one should wait for the night to take a shot that is best taken when the sun is high and the eyes are sharp.

If I were the girl, I'd run. If I were the man, I'd hide my head in shame in some remote island for a year at least for pulling such an iddiotic stunt.

Now, it is very possible that because of strong experience one can tell in a very short time when they've found their mate, but that's only one side of the equation. What about the other guy or girl that you're proposing to or who should propose to you? Don't they deserve to make sure that they see what you see too?

I could meet the one I know I ought to be with for the rest of my life, but it would be very selfish of me to spring such a sudden decision on them before they've evaluated me and what being with me makes them.

And what is wrong with the above? I didn't hear any of our trigger-happy "proponents" (says who?) of marriage explain what is.

It doesn't mean you can't fall in love fast. It just means that you need to and should give your partner the chance to get to know you and how you fit. It's really a desperate person who digs their claws into their potential spouse like they're afraid they'll run from them.

And a desperate person is not looking to marry you particularly, they're not in love with you particularly. They're in love with being married and they'll marry a pole if it could put the ring on their finger.

What human male has a real argument against this? When we men love, it's a war and we want to win and we'll use whatever works to win, but the guy who is fighting to win a woman he loves acts differently from the guy who's fighting to win a status he loves.

The guy after a woman who's got his heart is ssmart and kind. He takes his time to woo (note the nearly extinct word) her to him, that is, to attract her to him, to make himself a strongest option in her array of options. He works to encourage her to come to him of her own volition.

The guy after a ring and a status goes after the woman like a hound after rabbits. And hounds don't care for rabbits. They don't make a home for them and bring them food and warm them when they're cold etc, they kill them and not necessarily for food.

The true man will give gifts but he'll not hide behind them because he's confident not desperate and he's after a woman whom he believes has value and is aware of it and not desperate either.

It's too soon to meet the family when you haven't met me properly first. When we have got on the same page, then why in the world should we not run home to our parents to show who not what we've won for our efforts?

Where is this false?

Marriage is not a sign either that one's matured. It's a decision one makesin line with the purpose of their lives. I could be an adult, whivh is the same as saying that I'm mature, and still not be married. Marriage only counts with respect to the purpose of an individual's particular existence.

That said, social pressure does not define the purpose of any given person's life. That is defined by the Maker of the person. And when the Maker has defined it, it is the person's responsibility to make choices that align with that purspose.

4 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 26, 2013
tintingz:

Lol. Now why does someone enter a discussion that's supposed to be serious looking for entertainment for his boredom? grin
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by try69: 12:54pm On May 26, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Now why should I not? I think you pretty much implied that I didn't address what they said. Is that true? Did I indeed fail to address what they said?

You may have done but might not have clearly understood where they are coming from.

And pls.. Start a blog if you don't av one..those are where epistles belong..like seriously
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by biolabee(m): 12:54pm On May 26, 2013
E long sha but the key things wey i pick be dis
Ihedinobi:

Marriage is not a sign either that one's matured. It's a decision one makes in line with the purpose of their lives. I could be an adult, whivh is the same as saying that I'm mature, and still not be married. Marriage only counts with respect to the purpose of an individual's particular existence.

That said, social pressure does not define the purpose of any given person's life. That is defined by the Maker of the person. And when the Maker has defined it, it is the person's responsibility to make choices that align with that purpose.

Nice some deep ish.. and you are right!

77 Likes!!

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by biolabee(m): 12:56pm On May 26, 2013
nice analysis..
Ihedinobi:

Where is this false?

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 26, 2013
try69:

You may have done but might not have clearly understood where they are coming from.

And pls.. Start a blog if you don't av one..those are where epistles belong..like seriously

And you and I are right here on this thread, but you didn't take advantage of that to explain more clearly to me what I may have been failing to misunderstand. Why exactly is that?

About the long posts, I do that when I'm addressing serious issues and to differentiate loud-mouthed people whose brains are meant to be carried not used from people who really have something of value to say.

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by tintingz(m): 1:18pm On May 26, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Lol. Now why does someone enter a discussion that's supposed to be serious looking for entertainment for his boredom? grin
your post make sense and at the same time it doesnt make sense... Balance the situation...
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 26, 2013
Man has advanced in knowledge, technology, science, fashion, finance, research and what have you but failed more in marriages such that the number of failed marriages that took place between the year 2000 to 2013 are much more than the successful ones, and you know why?

Courtship and marriage have been westernised, academicalized, fashionized, financialized, technologicalized and in fact modernised!

We now read all books on how to treat a husband, what to discuss with him before you say yes I do, why you should marry him, when to know that he is serious, the qualities he must have to ensure he will be a wonderful husband, etc, etc before we make choice of spouse.

Our fathers and forefathers didn't read all these how to marry, how not to marry, what to discuss with him before marriage and why he won't make a good husband before they got married happily to our mothers and grandmothers...and they all married and lived happily.

Our problem today is: greed, selfishness, we are inconsiderate, and we had been over brainwashed by the western world who failed in marriages.

4 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by biolabee(m): 1:22pm On May 26, 2013
tintingz: your post make sense and at the same time it doesnt make sense... Balance the situation...
undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by try69: 1:23pm On May 26, 2013
Ihedinobi:

And you and I are right here on this thread, but you didn't take advantage of that to explain more clearly to me what I may have been failing to misunderstand. Why exactly is that?

About the long posts, I do that when I'm addressing serious issues and to differentiate loud-mouthed people whose brains are meant to be carried not used from people who really have something of value to say.

History and/or context awareness..
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 26, 2013
tintingz: your post make sense and at the same time it doesnt make sense... Balance the situation...

Sorry, I don't think I can. undecided
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Samabu07(m): 1:25pm On May 26, 2013
Vikin:

Eeyah! cry embarassed
@Vikin...Na so ooo.
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 26, 2013
try69:

history and/or context awareness

Prior to and/or larger than this particular thread?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Chike Eze Threatens To Kill His Wife Racheal If Court Doesn't Give Him A Divorce / Another Missing Person. Please Help A Worried Family. / Physically-Challenged Man Crawls With Wife To Dedicate Baby In Delta Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.