Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? (11516 Views)

Reasons For Outsourcing Your Accounting Functions Part2 / Reasons For Outsourcing Your Accounting Functions / Affiliate Marketing - A Gold Mine Untapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Kairoseki77: 5:54am On May 25, 2013
9jadelta: so whats up with what i wrote? i like to know

"So, what's up with what I wrote? I would like to know."

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by papushki(m): 6:08am On May 25, 2013
Outsourcing robs u of all benefits n labor is extremely cheap. So its not in our best interest to promote it, telecom coy now outsource most of their depts n trust me pple affected are not finding it funny. So at times beware wat u wish for
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 6:09am On May 25, 2013
Kairoseki77:

"So, what's up with what I wrote? I would like to know."

grin grin grin
so, omitting some words or the punctuation is now your problem? am i suppose to write on nairaland as if am responding to a client abroad?

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Kairoseki77: 6:10am On May 25, 2013
9jadelta: so, omitting some words or the punctuation is now your problem? am i suppose to write on nairaland as if am responding to client abroad?

No vex oooo. Bootlegaz had a problem with it. I was just answering the question.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by ghananotnaija(m): 6:11am On May 25, 2013
9jadelta: see this mumu. how many people can speak fluent English south africa . even in usa, how many can speak good English? i really dont understand people like you with bad complex. am sure you are from ghana. how many of those banku face id.iots can even speak english in ghana let alone perfect english? if nigerians start bashing ghana now, it will be as if they hate ghanaians. what exactly is your problem that you cant shut your big mouth or cut off your fingers if you don't have anything positive to contribute?

Outsourcing doesn't require perfect English but definitely decent English, which most Nigerian graduates do not posess. Neither do South Africans, and especially Kenyans. Educated Ghanaians, on the whole, speak better English than educated Nigerians. I have been educated only in Ghana and found that I am on a different level in basic language skills as well as technical skills compared to my counterparts educated in Nigeria. The Nigerian education system is in shambles. Foreign-educated Nigerians wouldn't want to work for peanuts in outsourcing.

But before that, unreliable power supply and endemic corruption makes Nigeria one of the least attractive places for business outsourcing. I'm not trying to put Nigeria down, only to bring some reality into this conversation.

And yes, Ghana is better than Nigeria. In almost every way: infrastructure, political stability, leadership, rule of law, social harmony, education, health care, environment.

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by papushki(m): 6:13am On May 25, 2013
papushki: Outsourcing robs u of all benefits n labor is extremely cheap. So its not in our best interest to promote it, telecom coy now outsource most of their depts n trust me pple affected are not finding it funny. So at times beware wat u wish for
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Kairoseki77: 6:14am On May 25, 2013
ghananotnaija:

Outsourcing doesn't require perfect English but definitely decent English, which most Nigerian graduates do not posess. Neither do South Africans, and especially Kenyans. Educated Ghanaians, on the whole, speak better English than educated Nigerians. I have been educated only in Ghana and found that I am on a different level in basic language skills as well as technical skills compared to my counterparts educated in Nigeria. The Nigerian education system is in shambles. Foreign-educated Nigerians wouldn't want to work for peanuts in outsourcing.

But before that, unreliable power supply and endemic corruption makes Nigeria one of the least attractive places for business outsourcing. I'm not trying to put Nigeria down, only to bring some reality into this conversation.

And yes, Ghana is better than Nigeria. In almost every way: infrastructure, political stability, leadership, rule of law, social harmony, education, health care, environment.

Why aren't you on Cediland?

6 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by ghananotnaija(m): 6:21am On May 25, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Why aren't you on Cediland?

I'm Ghanaian, but I work in Nigeria.

Nairaland isn't just for Nigerians; there are loads of Ghanaians, people from Rep of Benin, Togolese, Cameroonians, and South Africans here too.

Also, I want Nigerians to be aware how much they are behind their neighbours, especially Ghana, so they would being complacent and demand change.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 6:24am On May 25, 2013
KingPradas:

Look at your self, how is nigeria ever going to improved if the citizens of the country keep blaming the youths. isn't the government faults that they didn't had good education, and why wouldn't them engage themselves in scams and frauds if they can't get jobs ?

And i would like to see how Ghana is more superior to Nigeria. (Ghana Must Go)
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 6:26am On May 25, 2013
ghananotnaija:

I'm Ghanaian, but I work in Nigeria.

Nairaland isn't just for Nigerians; there are loads of Ghanaians, people from Rep of Benin, Togolese, Cameroonians, and South Africans here too.

Also, I want Nigerians to be aware how much they are behind their neighbours, especially Ghana, so they would being complacent and demand change.
Give me a source that says Ghanaians can speak good English than Nigerians... Cuz you folks like running your dirty mouths in your cocoon And you're even working in NIGERIA, are you high? sad

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by ITbomb(m): 6:26am On May 25, 2013
Nigerians are the most enterprising of all Africans .
I believe the only thing we need is light , we can provide the rest including security.
But inadequate statistics is also not helping matters for the foreign investors. Not even a proper database of her citizens
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by InvertedHammer: 6:28am On May 25, 2013
Perception! Perception!! Perception!!!

Nigeria has bad reputation and image.

No country will like to expose their database to Nigeria. It is extremely difficult to tell the good guys from the bad guys because there are no records. So, most countries that matter will not like to deal with Nigeria.

The joke will be for a credit card company to outsource their call centers to Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by ghananotnaija(m): 6:37am On May 25, 2013
InvertedHammer:

The joke will be for a credit card company to outsource their call centers to Nigeria.
So true. lol
sheyie2007:
Give me a source that says Ghanaians can speak good English than Nigerians... Cuz you folks like running your dirty mouths in your cocoon And you're even working in NIGERIA, are you high? sad
From personal experience only.
Yes, I work in Lagos for a Ghanaian business. But it's not just Ghanaian businesses that hire Ghanaians in Nigeria. Many Nigerian businesses also find Ghanaian employees more competent and reliable than Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 6:41am On May 25, 2013
@ghana2naija

i really dnt want to engage in any argument with a ghanaian or ghanaians. To me its fruitless. Telling me ghana is better than Nigeria shows what you are really up to. You want me to start digging up facts and reasons why Nigeria is better than ghana so that we can engage in an endless argument. I really dnt think any ghanaian worth that kinda conversation. Engaging in such argument will only make you feel important and gets you all the attentions you wanted all along. Try the next guy cos this one aint available.

Next time, stop displaying your inferiority complex. Nobody asks for your irrelevant opinion that makes nigerians look like id.iots

One thing i know for sure. Ghana can/will never be up to Nigeria's standard in the next 1 million years and that is the harsh truth

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 6:52am On May 25, 2013
Nigeria is going nowhere without a Fundamental change to her Value system.

3 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 6:56am On May 25, 2013
Nigeria would have been an industrial/business and investment heaven if thr is a constant power supply and adequate security.....Just give me constant power supply wit even my little capital(walahi i don make am),i dnt nid government work/or company work..How wil u spend almost half of ur income or more dan half on fuel?
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 6:57am On May 25, 2013
ghananotnaija:
So true. lol

Yes, I work in Lagos for a Ghanaian business. But it's not just Ghanaian businesses that hire Ghanaians in Nigeria. Many Nigerian businesses also find Ghanaian employees more competent and reliable than Nigerians.
Like seriously, dude! Well, learn to be constructive when posting on this platform and desist from generalizing undecided
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by bootlegaz: 7:14am On May 25, 2013
ghananotnaija:

Dude, I am a Nigerian and I am not shy to say you are absolutely right. According to Fela, "majority of the general populous are suffering and smiling". Nigeria is lacking in basic amenities, and most people insulting you thinks development is measured by the amount of revenue a country generate from selling crude oil. Our educational system produces cult members. A freshman in college can not predict his or her year of graduation, how sad can that be?

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by nijanigga: 7:33am On May 25, 2013
Scammers are ready to scam the capital and profit in a single scoop. Nigerians breathe, drink,smoke,eat and sleep with corruption.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by mixzy: 7:35am On May 25, 2013
i think you ghanians should face ur problem we Nigeria never complain at least in my state we enjoy electricity as if we are in united state so it is not all Nigeria that frm power faliure in terms of spoken english i respect ghanians but what of there dialect that reflect in there english that is wher i respect nigeria too hey ghanians u are too low to be compaired to Nigeria
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 7:44am On May 25, 2013
WHAT IS NIGERIA SOME KIND OF PALMWINE ?
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by gothrones(m): 7:47am On May 25, 2013
What a very idiotic post. Outsourcing is modern day slavery wherein workers are paid peanuts. How can anyone equate that with success?
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Fuelish: 8:01am On May 25, 2013
9jadelta: see this mumu. how many people can speak fluent English south africa . even in usa, how many can speak good English? i really dont understand people like you with bad complex. am sure you are from ghana. how many of those banku face id.iots can even speak english in ghana let alone perfect english? if nigerians start bashing ghana now, it will be as if they hate ghanaians. what exactly is your problem that you cant shut your big mouth or cut off your fingers if you don't have anything positive to contribute?
Chill. what did he say that had not been said on NL by other Nigerians? His views have been similarly articulated by other nigerians on similar threads, so? He did not even mention Ghana in his post! You are angry because he is Ghanaian, right? in terms of nigerian bashing, you know we always respond in good measure, pressed down until it overflows,huh? We are always up to the challenge, any time. Bash us and we'll grind you, trust me!

In terms of outsourcing, Ghana has long been leader in that sector. Perhaps nigeria can learn a thing or two from the Big Brother.

Why outsourcing could be Africa’s next big opportunity
BY Imara Africa Securities team | Feature Articles, ICT | May 11, 2011

http://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/why-outsourcing-could-be-africas-next-big-opportunity/9793/

Reuters reports that intense competition in India’s business process outsourcing (BPO) industry has forced technology firm Spanco Ltd to expand to Africa where it expects to earn nearly half of its profits within two years.

Pravin Kumar, chief executive officer of Spanco BPO Services, said his company sees Africa as a solid opportunity for the firm due to its proximity and almost similar time difference to the firm’s major source markets – Europe and the United States – compared with India.

“We see a turnover of about US$100 million purely from the BPO business by 2013 from Africa. This year we will do about $40 million,” said Kumar. “In two years’ time at least 40% of our profits will come from here (Africa) purely in the BPO business.”

Spanco will launch operations in six countries including Kenya, Burkina Faso, Tanzania, Chad, Niger and Nigeria, riding on a contract the firm won from India’s Bharti Airtel to manage the mobile provider’s contact centres.

The BPO industry is worth an estimated $30 billion in India but competition is intensifying. “The BPO industry is completely saturated in India . . . the benefit of expanding in India is not as much as that of Africa,” said Kumar. Spanco sees a substantial amount of its profits coming from Africa driven by the untapped potential in the continent’s BPO industry.

Kumar said by August this year 3,000 people will be working in its African operations. The number is expected to go up to 50,000 by 2013 and Spanco plans to make several acquisitions in the course of its expansion drive.

Ghana has done particularly well in terms of positioning itself as an attractive BPO destination. A report, titled “The 2009 AT Kearney Global Services Location Index,” which ranked countries for their ability to handle BPO, using a weighted combination of scores on 43 measurements grouped under three main criteria: financial attractiveness; people skills and availability; and business environment, found that while India led the rankings globally, Ghana had the top overall ranking in sub-Saharan Africa.

“Ghana scored the highest (followed closely by India) out of the 50 countries ranked on financial attractiveness, which measures compensation cost, infrastructure cost, tax and regulatory cost. Ghana (3.26) scored considerably higher than South Africa (2.28).

According to the Kearney report, Mauritius also ranked favourably at 25th overall, thanks to strong people skills and a favorable business environment.

Although Ghana ranked high in the Kearney survey for BPO desirability, South Africa remained the largest offshore destination in Africa by far, operating a successful contact-centre cluster in Cape Town along with several research and development operations around its aerospace hub in Pretoria.

The above once again highlights that there is certainly more to Africa’s potential than commodities.

Article written by the Imara Africa Securities team. Imara is an investment banking and asset management group renowned for its knowledge of African markets

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Freiburger(m): 8:04am On May 25, 2013
The truth is, doing businesses with Nigerians can be sometimes very chanllenging. Just speaking from my own personal experience. All hope are not lost though.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Fuelish: 8:07am On May 25, 2013
mixzy: i think you ghanians should face ur problem we Nigeria never complain at least in my state we enjoy electricity as if we are in united state so it is not all Nigeria that frm power faliure in terms of spoken english i respect ghanians but what of there dialect that reflect in there english that is wher i respect nigeria too hey ghanians u are too low to be compaired to Nigeria
Ghanaian are too low to be compared to nigerians? I am sure even you don't believe in that crap,huh? utter n0nsense!
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by ichidodo: 8:07am On May 25, 2013
We are ready. My brothers in Alaba, Nnewi,Aba e.t.c will be so happy to oblige. GOD bless NIGERIA.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Fuelish: 8:15am On May 25, 2013
9jadelta: @ghana2naija

i really dnt want to engage in any arguement with a ghanaian or ghanaians. To me its fruitless. Telling me ghana is better than nigeria shows what you are really up to. You want me to start digging up facts and reasons why nigeria is better than ghana so that we can engage in an endless arguement. I really dnt think any ghanaian worth that kinda conversation. Engaging in such arguement will only make you feel important and gets you all the attentions you wanted all along. Try the next guy cos this one aint available.

Next time stop displaying your inferiority complex. Nobody asks for your irrelevant opinion that makes nigerians look like id.iots

One thing i know for sure. Ghana can/will never be up to nigeria standard in the next 1 million years and that is the harsh truth

Now you are talking like a real f00l! Quick, quick, dig up your facts about Ghana and let me dig up my facts about nigeria and let's go! I have a lot of time to spare this morning and I am ready to roll out the tanks,huh? Fuelish goat! Your country is sleepwalking into oblivion and you are here talking trash! no wonder your country is fvcked! arrant nonsense!
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by ichidodo: 8:20am On May 25, 2013
Fuelish: Ghanaian are too low to be compared to nigerians? I am sure even you don't believe in that crap,huh? utter n0nsense!
What is ghana? Is it the name of a bushmeat or a small country trying to size shoes with the most populous black nation in Africa with rich HUMAN and natural resources? Pls we are not competing with you guys for akpeteshie o!

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Fuelish: 8:23am On May 25, 2013
ghananotnaija:
So true. lol

rLG, a Ghanaian telecommunications group started operations in Nigeria only few months ago, and is already providing free bus rides to thousands of Lagosians. some on this forum may have even benefited. not even one nigerian company operating in Ghana had offered such gesture to the generality of Ghanaians. They are only interested in maximising profits, and then some eddiots will be talking trash?
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Fuelish: 8:27am On May 25, 2013
ichidodo: What is ghana? Is it the name of a bushmeat or a small country trying to size shoes with the most populous black nation in Africa with rich HUMAN and natural resources? Pls we are not competing with you guys for akpeteshie o!
plus we are not competing witrh you guys for anything- you should be competing with failed countries like somalia. or are we supposed to compete with you in kidnappings, corruption,prostitution,ritual killings, armed robberies,419, yahoo yahoo, pick pocketing, withcraft, militants, oil bunkering, piracy, terrorism etc etc? You can see why we can never compete with your sh1thole,huh?

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 8:30am On May 25, 2013
ghananotnaija:

Most Nigerian youth, even college graduates, cannot speak English fluent enough for the business setting.

No, except maybe in scams and frauds.

Maybe by goldmine you mean a bottomless pit where you'll never see your money again.
unrepentant epileptic maggot, this is strictly nigeria affair, only nigerians comments re welcome. Bleep de hell out of here. Brazilian goat.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Selling Second Hand Clothes Is A Profitable Business / How To Make Money Posting Classified Ads / Recession: 196 Firms Shut Down In 2 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.