Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) (23539 Views)

MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) / LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / I Will Boost Nigeria’s International Profile When I Buy Arsenal - Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by ba7man(m): 10:00am On May 27, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Rising but marginally so. Most residential areas aren't planned or if planned are unkempt with decaying structures, of course there are few well-planned, well-maintained estates like Abiola Gardens and V.G.C. For it to rise to the ranks of an international status (on par with developed nations) the following_and more__are needed:

• Efficient sewage systems
• Efficient water delivery systems
• Transport alternatives such as rail & ferries.
• A strictly followed city plan
• Underground electric lines (which eliminates the clogs,
unsightliness and risks of the present cabling method)
• A robust local government (which neatly does the work of
allowing grassroot participation in the state's polity)

As far as I can tell Lagos is mostly deficient in these areas despite minor improvements so I really am not excited with the pics you posted I've been to such places and they are few.
Who cares if you're excited or not?? The pics were posted for those that will appreciate it. Most of the improvements in the pics were done by Nigerian citzens and Diasporans that still belive in their country and invest in it. Sit down there and be making lists of what you want to see before you approve the pics.
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Parrotpal(m): 7:54pm On May 27, 2013
phantom:
PH does not have a CBD.a CBD should be planned for that place.untill then its still a conglomeration of ikwerre villages being swallowed up by uncontrolled development at the end of the day.
@phamtom, what is the meaning of 'CBD' cos ve not heard that in town planning.
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by ba7man(m): 8:21pm On May 27, 2013
Parrotpal:
@phamtom, what is the meaning of 'CBD' cos ve not heard that in town planning.
It means "Central Business District".
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Parrotpal(m): 10:34pm On May 27, 2013
ba7man: It means "Central Business District".
k. NOTED!

1 Like

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by meta4(m): 10:41am On May 29, 2013
be that as it may, these pictures are simply awesome, breathtaking as well.
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by drnoel: 4:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
Desola: *rolling eyes*

The more western you look is the determining factor of you success or rising profile. Oshisko!

All I see is falseness
I agree with u completely but then the pictures are beautiful,....beautiful and also show how fake Nigerians like to be.
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Horus(m): 5:33pm On Jul 08, 2013
Nice pictures
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Blamaco11: 10:38pm On Aug 25, 2013
Desola: *rolling eyes*

The more western you look is the determining factor of you success or rising profile. Oshisko!

All I see is falseness

Don't roll your eyes, I know your type, you ran from Nigeria because you thought it was a dump, you ran to Europe and North America and now you cant imagine the society you left behind is making waves. I don't know what you mean by "Western", I much prefer the term "Universal" Don't forget there was a time when Europeans themselves lived in caves. That they reinvented themselves , often times with ideas borrowed from other cultures, does not mean they must now monopolise it. Some people are never satisfied shaaa!

Nigeria, carry go I beg.
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Blamaco11: 10:59pm On Aug 25, 2013
asorocker: Can somebody post the real pictures of Bariga, Shomolu, Ojota, Ketu, Alausa, Ajegunle, Ajah, Mushin , Ladipo, Oshodi , Mafoluku,Mile2 for the world to see.

Exactly what difference would that make? That would still be a fraction of what Nigeria is all about.

When we celebrate Lagos (and Nigeria) it is not just the attempts to modernise the cities or copy "western" culture, it is the exuberance and vibrancy of us as a people, where we can embrace ideas and international concepts and readily marry them to who we are as Nigerians, this, in effect is what makes us Africa's giant citizens.

South Africa may have superior infrastructure than we have, Namibia and Kenya, may have better landscapes and architectures , Kenya and Egypt may draw more tourist visitors than we do, and Ghana and Rwanda, may be more orderly and cleaner. But not one of them is our equal in sheer talent, enterprise, culture and cuisine.

Yes, we have had wasted years under those awful military regimes, but levels don change now, watch Nigeria go in the next 20 to 30 years.
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Rossikki: 2:11am On Aug 15, 2014
Horus: Nice pictures

I agree. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FG Bans Conference Bags, T-shirts, Souvenirs, At Workshops, Seminars / 2019: What Did Tinubu See In Buhari That Other Nigerians Don't See? / Reps Approve Bill To Create State Police, Security Outfits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.