Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,186 members, 7,815,139 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) (23545 Views)

MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) / LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / I Will Boost Nigeria’s International Profile When I Buy Arsenal - Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Mogidi: 10:06pm On May 26, 2013
[size=18pt]REAL LAGOS COMING UP[/size]
Pictures of Eko baje coming soon
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Mogidi: 10:10pm On May 26, 2013
@mods
Why can't I post pictures of Eko baje?
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 26, 2013
Mogidi: @mods
Why can't I post pictures of Eko baje?

Because anything contrary to "Eko o ni baje" is an abomination.
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by asorocker: 10:21pm On May 26, 2013
Mogidi: [size=18pt]REAL LAGOS COMING UP[/size]
Pictures of Eko baje coming soon

Please Mogidi do you have more pictures of Ojuelegba under bridge, Ayilara street and also places like Ladilak in Bariga, i would appreciate the world to see where Lagosians live , let them see the real Picture of Lagos without the Oil companies, Banks , Telecommunication companies and the Maritime businesses
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by rosebowl01(m): 10:55pm On May 26, 2013
Rossik, U dey try. God bless you bro. Let us encourage positive energy. Let us showcase our country in positive light.

1 Like

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 26, 2013
nice pictures of lagos

kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by lonamy: 12:17am On May 27, 2013
to the moderators, please don't make hidden any post that portrays the slum part of Lagos. Our leaders are members of nairaland especially uncle fani Kayode, that man that can abuse a dead man to wake up from death. if we are dwelling only on the beautiful part of Lagos, there may not be solutn to the slum of ajegunle.

moderators, please don't let us deceive ourselves as if Lagos is little Europe in Nigeria. show those slums so that they will be considered for upgrade.

uncle ojuyobo(tinubu)should stop spending Lagos money on financing buhari for election, that boko haram financier is bound to fail. Alhaji Sheu Sagari had cursed him and the curse is working on him. uncle tinibu don't spend tax payers money on financing the accursed man so that the same curse will not fall massively on you. buhari is a cursed fellow.
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 1:27am On May 27, 2013
@Mogidi, Pls Stop posting old pictures of Oshodi, you are derailing the thread.

1 Like

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 3:30am On May 27, 2013
[size=24pt]This is how to create hype and fever for somfin[/size]
[size=16pt]Lagos Rocks[/size]
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Originalsly: 4:02am On May 27, 2013
Eko Ile:

Every society in the world build high rise buildings for a reason and high rise are synonymous with CBDs in nearly all the capitals around the globe so what's so wrong or copy cat mentality about Lagos? Going by your logic, nearly the rest of the wold is into copy cat mentality.

If you must criticize, feel free to do so with sane, sensible and rationale argument, but not with absurd argument.
Don't get me wrong....I am not saying we should be a world unto ourselves...envisioning and creating things on our own.My response was directed to the guy who was implying that PH needs high rises to really be a city. On copy cat mentality...it seems that priority is to show the world that Lagos also has many high rises...modern high rises... just like other famous cities. Instead we should be concentrating on infrastructure and services which are far more important for the ratings of a city.

1 Like

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:34am On May 27, 2013
Originalsly: Don't get me wrong....I am not saying we should be a world unto ourselves...envisioning and creating things on our own.My response was directed to the guy who was implying that PH needs high rises to really be a city. On copy cat mentality...it seems that priority is to show the world that Lagos also has many high rises...modern high rises... just like other famous cities. Instead we should be concentrating on infrastructure and services which are far more important for the ratings of a city.

I see what you are saying, but the private sector is responsible for the highrises and related buildings based on their respective needs commercially while the cities and states are responsible for infrastructures like roads, bridges, schools, hospitals, water works, sewage systems and so on...
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:36am On May 27, 2013
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:37am On May 27, 2013
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:38am On May 27, 2013
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:39am On May 27, 2013
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:44am On May 27, 2013

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:46am On May 27, 2013

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:47am On May 27, 2013
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:49am On May 27, 2013

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:53am On May 27, 2013

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:56am On May 27, 2013

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:57am On May 27, 2013

1 Like

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 5:00am On May 27, 2013

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 5:02am On May 27, 2013

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 5:08am On May 27, 2013
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by SpicyMimi(f): 5:44am On May 27, 2013
All these village peepz fO̶̷̩̥̊͡Я Nairaland dey vex gan Ooº°˚ ˚°ºo. Lmaoooooo! If u vent been to Lagos in the past 7years, trust me u won't believe your eyes when u come this year! Lagos is a wonderful place, stop hating! It aint our faults that your Governor is nt working like Gov.Fashola, he is a blessing to Lagosians frm God.

Btw I got a big crush on him. wink

1 Like

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Smooyis(m): 7:52am On May 27, 2013
Eko Ile:
Mhennnn. Lagos is got Swagger!
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by bobthebuilder99(m): 8:37am On May 27, 2013
asorocker:

Please Mogidi do you have more pictures of Ojuelegba under bridge, Ayilara street and also places like Ladilak in Bariga, i would appreciate the world to see where Lagosians live , let them see the real Picture of Lagos without the Oil companies, Banks , Telecommunication companies and the Maritime businesses

Don't kill yourself with all that hate. wink
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by UyiIredia(m): 8:47am On May 27, 2013
Rising but marginally so. Most residential areas aren't planned or if planned are unkempt with decaying structures, of course there are few well-planned, well-maintained estates like Abiola Gardens and V.G.C. For it to rise to the ranks of an international status (on par with developed nations) the following_and more__are needed:

• Efficient sewage systems
• Efficient water delivery systems
• Transport alternatives such as rail & ferries.
• A strictly followed city plan
• Underground electric lines (which eliminates the clogs,
unsightliness and risks of the present cabling method)
• A robust local government (which neatly does the work of
allowing grassroot participation in the state's polity)

As far as I can tell Lagos is mostly deficient in these areas despite minor improvements so I really am not excited with the pics you posted I've been to such places and they are few.
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by SpicyMimi(f): 8:52am On May 27, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Rising but marginally so. Most residential areas aren't planned or if planned are unkempt with decaying structures, of course there are few well-planned, well-maintained estates like Abiola Gardens and V.G.C. For it to rise to the ranks of an international status (on par with developed nations) the following_and more__are needed:

• Efficient sewage systems
• Efficient water delivery systems
• Transport alternatives such as rail & ferries.
• A strictly followed city plan
• Underground electric lines (which eliminates the clogs,
unsightliness and risks of the present cabling method)
• A robust local government (which neatly does the work of
allowing grassroot participation in the state's polity)

As far as I can tell Lagos is mostly deficient in these areas despite minor improvements so I really am not excited with the pics you posted I've been to such places and they are few.
StorrrrrRrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy *yawnsss*
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by SpicyMimi(f): 9:00am On May 27, 2013
Haters just deal with it okay? D reason those areas u mentioned refused to change its because we got so many illiterates there who can't maintain the developments there! In all of these areas we have nice Gardens...have u seen ketu recently? Oworoshoki? Maryland? Ikeja? Onipan? Palmgroove? Yaba? Infact u all need to Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ how beautiful yaba is now! Unilag road? Bode thomas? Woooooow! I can only mention few cause I got no time! Fashola is workn! Chk out Oshodi.. BRT? U guys shud just forget abt trying to rubbish this state, cause its glaring to everyone, u just hating out of bitterness!!!
Oh I guess pdp peepz are here as well? grin grin
The truth is PdP is now history in Lagos, so just forgerrit!

1 Like

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by olaojo: 9:33am On May 27, 2013
There is still much to do

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ekiti Babalawos/Herbalists Warn Politicians Against Bloodshed, Endorse Jonathan / President Buhari At The Plenary Session 3 Of TICAD In Japan (Photos) / Jackson Ude To Keyamo: Explain Why Tinubu Paid $4million In A Cocaine City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.