Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

A Story: Broken Vows - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Story: Broken Vows (96354 Views)

Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / The University Village - A Story / Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2013
Salma watched the tides and marveled at how much of nature she had neglected ever since she started growing up. the beach had been one of her favorite spots as a child or their garden at the backyard in their home at Santa fe. It had always been herself and Maria, running after each other or sitting down together on the sand thanking God for air, life and love and thanking God for having each other, but ever since they splitted and the reality of life left her in bitterness and engaged her in work, there was no time for nature again, no time to thank God and soon enough, the fear of God diminished leaving her empty and engaged timelessly.

But now, standing here once again in her cotton shirt over a flowery skirt, coupled with a denim jacket and leather boots, she felt like a child again, asking God for mercy and telling him to take charge of her new life, her new job and her new apartment. If things were going to work for her sister, she would be glad. At least, things were taking shape.

She turned her gaze to the couples that strode behind her and wished she had someone to love like they did.

Right now, she was standing alone but not for long as she observed a dog coming towards her. she raised her gaze and saw the man who had been making her heart beat faster.

‘hi’ he greeted casually and she could almost praise him for how casual he looked in chinos pants and Tshirt. The loafers looked good on him

‘hi’ she greeted nervously looking around. She hoped there were no paparazzis anywhere. ‘how did you know I was here?’

‘maria told me. I had to see you.’

She looked down at the beautiful creature that he held with reins. ‘and whose dog is this?’

‘Denver and Bonnie's’. I went over to visit them and I saw this cute guy who wouldn’t stop looking at me and I thought I could borrow him for a while.’

She smiled at his tender heart and bent low to greet the dog, the animal hung out his tongue and licked her face.

‘wow, he likes you, I mean he really does.’

‘I can see that.’ She rubbed his back and held his face. ‘hey butterfly.’

‘he is definitely not a butterfly.’ Trevor assured her and watched her stand up to him. he knew he had to tell her why he’d come after a month of not seeing her or even touching her.

‘I’m sorry about Nick, I heard about it and I …’ he didn’t know if this was God’s way of confirming she belonged to him.

‘I wanted to give you time to think.’

Salma raised an eyebrow. ‘think about what?’

‘I don’t know, I mean that’s what you ladies do, isn’t it, you want to think if it was really the right thing you did or you want to be alone for a while.’

‘I appreciate the solace.’

‘okay.’

there was silence for a while as they watched the water together and the sun setting over it making it look beautiful .

Trevor looked down at her and wished he could pull her close and tell her what was in his heart. Even the smell of her hair was intoxicating.

‘what did you add to your hair?’ he asked

Salma looked up at him and blushed at his remark. ‘I washed it with shampoo.’

‘it’s great.’

‘thanks.’

The short conversation between them was getting to unnerve her and she asked. ‘why did you come here?’

He looked at her then and touched her face. ‘I came to tell you that I wouldn’t mind if we could have our own dog in a house you love with kids that look just like you.’

Salma could almost melt at his words.

‘and I would gladly love to see you every day of my life and tell you how my heart races for you. I love you Salma Velasquez and I’m asking you to marry me.’

Tears stung her eyes and thickened her voice. ‘ for real?’

He laughed a throaty laugh. ‘for real.’

And before she could go further, he lowered himself to kiss her and she found herself being lifted into his arms clinging unto him thanking God for the miracle he was giving her after all the years she’d turned away, he was still merciful to give her someone she loved.

She was still in his arms when he realized so. She felt so light and he loved it.

‘I thought you were never going to ask.’

‘I was waiting for the right time and Nick, I asked God and I thought Nick was the one for you and not me, and then you still had some things to settle with God, but I saw you this evening and my heart told me you were the one for me.’ He placed her gently on the ground.

‘let’s get married.’ He suggested and Salma could only nod and slip her hand into his as they left the beach together with Dobb who seemed to have found his way farther in the beach.

They didn’t have much trouble finding him.

4 Likes

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Rajosh(m): 6:43pm On Jun 26, 2013
I've read in silence all these while.pls Glow come and complete your story.you are so talented that i wonder if it was actually a human being that wrote this or some spirit.i'm addicted to ur story and i'm glad.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Emeralddan(f): 6:49pm On Jun 26, 2013
Aww dis keeps getting better....glow dis is awesome really
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Jumizie13(f): 6:54pm On Jun 26, 2013
Aunty Glow, i don,t know what else to say. I visited ur blog and d series there was marvelous. Just keep it up. We will always be with you. Keep ¤GLOWING¤ in the love of God. Muuuaaaaahhh

2 Likes

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Jumizie13(f): 6:56pm On Jun 26, 2013
Aunty Glow, i don,t know what else to say. I visited ur blog and d series there was marvelous. Just keep it up. We will always be with you. Keep ¤GLOWING¤ in the love of God. Muuuaaaahhh

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by bigsholly(f): 7:01pm On Jun 26, 2013
Finally,finally I catch up with u guys. Come
across dis story yesterday n since den I've
Been glue 2 my fone, wow dis story is fantastic
$ really inspiring giving hope 2 d hopeless
Well done sweetie

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Choca(f): 7:02pm On Jun 26, 2013
glowingscenes:

hahahaha...
haba choca naww...u wan spoil show for the ppl who havent started reading the atory or who havent gotten to that episode yet..lool
im glad ure enjoying the story sha...

Haa no vex...
I yaff cover my mouth
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Choca(f): 8:26pm On Jun 26, 2013
Haba glow now
I've been sitting tight for tonight's 2nd part ke. No fall my hand now.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 9:10pm On Jun 26, 2013
@choca...
hello dear, well, i'm gonna do that tomorrow cos its almost coming to an end... wink
don't wanna pour everything out like that..
muah...thanks fr ur patience love
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by nelxsantos(m): 10:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
All dis God-sent Nairalanders novel laurette I dey hail Una o o o. @Glow 'rule ur world'[s]I be de commend U 4 awhile but it seems we get beef sum how[/s]

2 Likes

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Joy4mi(f): 10:27pm On Jun 26, 2013
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Joy4mi(f): 10:31pm On Jun 26, 2013
my precious GLOW,
describing my innermost feelings is very difficult cos u r too gifted nd talented.
hope u got my pm.
I av missed u ore mi .
god's blessings be upon u.

KKKEEEEEEEPPPP GGGGLLLOOOOWWWWIIIINNNNGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by oyestephen(m): 10:51pm On Jun 26, 2013
Joe has learnt a lesson(and so have i) not to be too judgemental, weigh everything carefully, and not rush into conclusions....

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Ariyke: 7:00am On Jun 27, 2013
I realy don't know how to qualify U cus u are truly more than what people think u are thanks for this wonderful story kiss and I love u *pls no les intended*

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2013
glowingscenes:

He looked at her then and touched her face. ‘I came to tell you that I wouldn’t mind if we could have our own dog in a house you love with kids that look just like you.’

mehn- i love ds part. I so much love it. It makes me remember tinz. Oh thank u glow, u surely glow in Christ.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by konklushun(f): 3:48pm On Jun 27, 2013
Sisi Glow dat was coooool. mehn i love it. am waitin for anoda update
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by bongila(f): 4:41pm On Jun 27, 2013
[color=#Glow babe you keep it hot always. Thank you again my dearie for another update. Please keep it coming.
Impatiently waiting!770077][/color]
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Borlanleh(f): 5:23pm On Jun 27, 2013
This is the best story av eva read......glued to ma fone

2 Likes

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by olly4life: 6:14pm On Jun 27, 2013
Glow, U̶̲̥̅̊ are my african queen, girlz of my life, U̶̲̥̅̊ are my continent beauty, Glow of my pride- will U̶̲̥̅̊ mally me- ans o, or else........still on my knee, no fall my legs o.

Yes I done.

Same thing
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by tijehi(f): 6:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
Hi glow. Pls what's the addy of your blog? Pleaseeeeeee
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by talk2b: 7:33pm On Jun 27, 2013
tijehi: Hi glow. Pls what's the addy of your blog? Pleaseeeeeee
. glowingscenes.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 8:35pm On Jun 27, 2013
@olly4life...mally bawo? looool
me i no dey go mali oo...hehe
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 8:36pm On Jun 27, 2013
thanks tijehi kiss
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 8:37pm On Jun 27, 2013
Ariyke: I realy don't know how to qualify U cus u are truly more than what people think u are thanks for this wonderful story kiss and I love u *pls no les intended*
love u too babes!!!
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 8:38pm On Jun 27, 2013
Borlanleh: This is the best story av eva read......glued to ma fone
wow ese gan oooo..
e ku ife
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 8:50pm On Jun 27, 2013
Okay....i'm sure you guys by now will be anticipating what next to come...lool
i was almost tempted not to post tonight as this is the second to the last page. there's still an epilogue so don't cry yet... grin

To everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryone!!!!!! and i mean everyone who commented on this page of mine and made it fp worthy...if i start calling names, i no go chop tonight and i wanna eat.hehehe...you guys have been awesome..you've been my online family and i love you so...How can i thank you for loving my story...dont worry, with time,i'll see what i can do...you've been amaZing and encouraging. Your comments just make my day sometimes and i'm glad i stumbled on this site and made some topics and threads out of it...
Most importantly, i'm glad i could reach out my faith to others out there and help ppl in everyway possible.

i updated this story often because i had it typed a few years back and i hate putting u guys in too much suspense though i sort of like it too.... grin
dont blame me...dont blame writers...thats just the juice of a good story...

and so, here is the second to the last part.
Please note that it is NOT the END OOOOO when you dont see the end..

Mynd_44...thanks for your moderation job...i appreciate u too, though im asking myself why? undecided hahahahaha...thanks jare

Oya all of you come and take hug from moi...Ure blessed.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Staring hard at her father’s name which was inscribed on the stone, she felt her eyes mist and for the first time since he died, she couldn’t believe she could feel sorry for him.

‘hello papa…’ she began rubbing her nose. ‘I know you’ve been gone for so long. Should I say ten to twelve years.’ She sniffed and dipped her hand into her coat. ‘the last time I saw you, you were threatening me and drunk to stupor hitting
Salma and I had to stop you. that was the last time I laid eyes on you because the next day, I was being used as your collateral, and I never lived a normal life again.

I never wanted to see you after how unfair you treated me, all that was in my heart was pure hatred for you. she stopped to absorb everything that was her past. ‘you made my life a living hell…, but it’s gone now. I know, it’s gone. God has given me a fresh start and a new life with my husband joe Brandon. You dide before I got married and hated you because you made my marriage crumble in my face because of the terrible life you offered me but I forgive you now papa.

I don’t know how you spent your last days on earth Sanchez and I don’t know where you are right now, but I just want you to know I’ve forgiven you. right before God, I release you, I don’t have anything against you anymore. It’s all gone Papa, it’s all behind me because I want to move ahead to the future God has provided for me.’

She removed her handkerchief and dabbed her face, shifting uncomfortably in the silent field, she could feel her burden being lifted off from her shoulders and a soft breeze blew across making her shiver. Although she felt alone standing there, she knew she was doing the right thing

‘it wasn’t easy for me papa.’ She continued. ‘I got divorced, Amanda died and my whole world seemed to be turning upside down, I actually felt God had left me and life wasn’t fair and all, but I’ve lived to see the goodness of God and love being restored to everyone around me. I forgive Damon, Bruno and everyone who had a hand in bringing me down.

I forgive you so that God can forgive me, if He can, then who am I not to forgive a human like me. It hurts but I forgive.’ She sniffed again and forced a smile. ‘I remember the last time I was here, I didn’t feel anything for you, I could have spat on your grave but now, all I just feel for you is pity, that’s all.’ Looking up into the sky as a tear rolled down her cheeks, she murmured. ‘thank you God for giving me a heart large enough to forgive and move on with life.’

Closing her eyes, she breathed in the fresh evening air and the leaves rustled beneath her, and then she knew she wasn’t alone anymore. She felt someone’s presence behind her and she wasn’t wrong when the strong hands rested on her shoulder.

She didn’t need to think twice when she heard the voice.

‘I’m glad you made the right choice.’

Maria nodded and tried cleaning her face again.

‘Come here.’ Joe murmured and turning his wife to face him, he took her in his arms.

Clinging unto him, all the pain she had felt in years and all she had gone through in silence seemed to break free in her tears. The hatred and bitterness she’d created a home for in her heart for years seemed to have gone and she felt so happy and free.

She had kept her father’s sin on her shoulders like a burden for fifteen years but now, they seemed to have been lifted off her and she didn’t feel used anymore. Instead, she felt whole and complete.

‘Let’s go away from here, I hate being in a graveyard.’

Maria nodded and allowed her husband to lead her blindly out of the place

Few minutes later, they stood before Joe’s car and Maria finally spoke. ‘you might not understand—‘

‘I know everything my love…, and I’m sorry. I understand your pain and I’m glad you’ve forgiven your father.’

‘How did you get to know I—‘

‘Salma told me everything’ Joe interrupted bringing her close to him. ‘You should have told me everything Maria, right from the beginning.’

‘I was scared Joe. I didn’t know how you would feel about me. I loved you too much to say anything and I thought I could put it all behind me till it came up again.’

Joe wiped her wet lashes and bent to kiss her tears away. ‘you suffered too long Maria, too long in silence, All alone for me and our child. How can I ever repay you? please forgive me Maria, please my love.’

‘you don’t owe me anything darling.’ She replied with eyes still closed as he kissed her salty tears away. ‘all I just want you to do is to love me back and forgive me..’

‘oh Maria, I love you, more than you can ever imagine.’ His voice was thick with tears and one rolled down to join hers.

‘oh my love, please don’t cry. It’s all over now. I know you love me and I want you to love me always. I don’t want to be hurt again. I want you to trust me, please Joe, don’t—‘

‘I won’t, I promise.’ He embraced her

They stayed in each other’s arms for a while before Maria spoke. ‘how did you know I was in Santa Fe?’

‘you could guess yourself.’

‘umh.., Salma am I right?

‘yes my love, you are.’

‘and you came all the way looking for me?’ she released herself to look into his eyes.

‘I almost lost you back then when we got divorced and when I saw your friend in your place. I thought I’d lost you, but here you are in my arms and I couldn’t wish for more.’ He touched her cheeks. ‘there’s nothing love cannot do you know and so love made me to come looking for you.’

Maria smiled and kissed him, relishing the fact that they were both falling in love again

‘where are the girls?’ he asked

‘at their grandfather’s place. Bonnie was so excited and she took the day off to take care of them. Denver leaked a little secret to me though.’

‘really?’

‘I think they’re expecting a baby pretty soon.’

‘wow, that’s a miracle, I’m going to have a baby brother.’

‘and our love is a miracle.’ They shared a passionate kiss before she spoke again. ‘you know what I thought of, I thought of how one misfortune could lead to everyone’s fortune, bringing everybody together, look at Susan Graham and my brother, look at Bonnie and Denver and can you imagine Salma and Trevor? Those two act like love birds who won’t let go of each other. I had to expel them out of my apartment yesterday because they were acting like high school kids who had just fallen in love. The whole town knows already. Seriously.’ She giggled and rested her head on his chest and closed her eyes when he inhaled her hair.

‘let’s re affirm our vows today. I told the pastor of my church and he said today couldn’t have been a better day, then you and my kids will be mine forever.’

‘estoy enamorado de ti’ she raised her eyes to look into his and interpreted it. ‘I’m in love with you.’

‘yo tambien.’ He replied to her surprise and laughed as his mouth found hers. ‘me too.’
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
still continues...... wink
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 27, 2013
thanks Glow,dis story was really an encouragement 2 me,may our good lord continually bless you and give you the grace the continue dis good work in Jesus name.Amen
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by jendell: 9:09pm On Jun 27, 2013
*dancing,singing,shoutin,rolling on d floor all at d same tym*God is gud oooooooooo
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by missvirgorick(f): 9:10pm On Jun 27, 2013
God bless you Glowingscenes....
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Kwinhapi(f): 9:14pm On Jun 27, 2013
Av bin an ardent follower of dis thread,i didnt comment cos i dont know wot to say... I give it to u Glow,dis story got me tinkin abt my life! Xpectin more life changin stories from u... Ur truly kwin hapi[color=]Av bin an ardent follower of dis thread,i didnt comment cos i dont know wot to say... I give it to u Glow,dis story got me tinkin abt my life! Xpectin more life changin stories from u... Ur truly kwin hapi[/color]Av bin an ardent follower of dis thread,i didnt comment cos i dont know wot to say... I give it to u Glow,dis story got me tinkin abt my life! Xpectin more life changin stories from u... Ur truly kwin hapi
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 27, 2013
Wooooooooooow! Interesting
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by lizzykoka(f): 10:06pm On Jun 27, 2013
Glow sweethrt u r wonderful, OMG I cnt believe I actually followd dis story til d end n deres so mc joy n hapiness in me. May d grace of God upon ur lyf neva be reduced n may u increase in wisdom n in favour wit God n man. Kip it up dear u r d best

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply)

SCHOOL LIFE / FEIRE - A Romance Story / TAMISHO - My Story. My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.