Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? (39155 Views)

Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby / Before you divorce An Adulterous Wife. / How Do You "Live" With An Adulterous Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by dreu2fine(m): 4:05pm On May 28, 2013
Yes,d only time a man shd divorse is wife is if she cheats n bibles stil went on as sayin e can forgiv her do is hard but e can forget her
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by kennyfao(m): 4:07pm On May 28, 2013
armyofone: Yes, forgive.

The good book said: He who hath no sin should first cast the stone and the pharises left one by one.

Forgive fire, isn't the same good book as u call it says 'Let no man divorces his wife for any cause EXCEPT FORNICATION. Guy, na her parents house straigt.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 28, 2013
WOMEN ARE EMOTIONAL. IF A WOMAN CHEATS ON YOU, THE RELATIONSHIP IS DEAD. DONT EVEN TRY TO RESUSCITATE IT. JUST LET IT GO PLEASE.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by whytnblack: 4:08pm On May 28, 2013
Well, Since bible says we should forgive, I would suggest you forgive her. But I tell you, no woman tries that with me, She's gone forever! I'll forgive her tho, but still send her packing. That's me

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 28, 2013
Give her a run of her life even the bible support am for leviticus chapter... I hav forgoten undecided
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by kennyfao(m): 4:13pm On May 28, 2013

The good book said: He who hath no sin should first cast the stone and the pharises left one by one.

Forgive fire, isn't the same goodbook as u call it says 'Let no man divorces his wife for any reason EXCEPT FORNICATION. Guy, na her parents house straight
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by yuzedo: 4:13pm On May 28, 2013
hellllllllll no!!!! angry

.. Unless, u no, she hav a big brezz, big nyash and sweet ice cream lap wink :p undecided
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Sweetapple007(f): 4:14pm On May 28, 2013
I think the man shld forgive if him himself is an adultra but divorse her if he is a saint.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by thoexynne: 4:16pm On May 28, 2013
bukatyne:

Are you a Christian?

If yes, remember the Lord's prayer

... and forgive our trespasses as WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TREPASS AGAINST US...

If you don't forgive people who offend you, GOD WILL NOT forgive you.

Really??
.. This has nothing to do with "XTIANITY" but lets even debate the christian side of it. Even JESUS gives you the option to choose either to 4give or not to forgive..

JESUS said and i quote him ""anyone that divorce who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness..... Mt 5:32

Infidelity is an irreparable breach of trust, although we aren't perfect, but be very sure if she does it she's gonna do it again
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Wallie(m): 4:16pm On May 28, 2013
Should a husband forgive his wife caught red handed with a guy on top of her? Yes if the guy can look past it and move on with his wife.

Would I forgive her if she were my wife? Absolutely f**king not! The sight will forever hunt me! Actually, I’ll probably be in jail by now for acting on my impulse.

Should my wife forgive me if she caught me cheating? I hope so but will understand if she does not.

Isn't that hypocrisy? Sure it is but nobody said life was fair.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Lovexme(m): 4:18pm On May 28, 2013
The question would be best answered by a man in the aforementioned situation.

For me, I can't say til I get married nd it (hopefully does not) happen(s).

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 28, 2013
yuzedo: hellllllllll no!!!! angry

.. Unless, u no, she hav a big brezz, big nyash and sweet ice cream lap wink :p undecided
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Paentera(m): 4:19pm On May 28, 2013
alutacontinua: My own problem still lies in the fact that if a man were to be caught cheating, the story changes!
Why should it be any different for any gender?

Well, because in reality, fingers are not equal for men and women.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by thoexynne: 4:19pm On May 28, 2013
obadiah777: WOMEN ARE EMOTIONAL. IF A WOMAN CHEATS ON YOU, THE RELATIONSHIP IS DEAD. DONT EVEN TRY TO RESUSCITATE IT. JUST LET IT GO PLEASE.

SURE.... WHATEVER MAKES HER DO IT THE FIRST TIME, IS GON MAKE HER DO IT AGAIN, YOU CAN COUNT ON THAT
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by eleojoemm(m): 4:21pm On May 28, 2013
jeffizy: Yes.

To err is wo man...
If she's remorseful and if it's a one time slip , why not?
. Ђσω do you forgive a pre-meditated one-time slip?
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 28, 2013
thoexynne:

SURE.... WHATEVER MAKES HER DO IT THE FIRST TIME, IS GON MAKE HER DO IT AGAIN, YOU CAN COUNT ON THAT
EXACTLY. NEVER QUITE UNDERSTOOD THE BIG DEAL ABOUT MARRIAGE MYSELF. PEOPLE THROW THIS LAVISH CELEBRATION FOR PEOPLE GETTING MARRIED. SHOULDNT IT BE THE OPPOSITE ? YOU SHOULD BE MOURNING FOR PEOPLE GETTING MARRIED. THEY ARE BOTH GOING INTO PRISON.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Kirinwa: 4:23pm On May 28, 2013
Mynd_44: I believe that the same reason why a woman forgives her husband is the reason why the husband should forgive his wife. Now that is just a belief.
Now in practical terms, I will forgive her and still get a divorce and forget by not remembering I was ever married to her. I expect her to do the same thing if I cheat.
You're not yet ready for marriage.Have you ever thought of the effect of divorce on children?

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Kirinwa: 4:25pm On May 28, 2013
jeffizy: Yes.
To err is wo man...
If she's remorseful and if it's a one time slip , why not?
Hahaha.How would u knw if it was a one time affair.lol.You funny die.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by devour129: 4:32pm On May 28, 2013
plaetton:

Remorseful?
Big laugh. Would you not be if you were caught red handed?
Are armed robbers not remorseful when they are caught?
C'mon man.
The problem with we Africans, perhaps especially Nigerians, is the we always put sentiments where they do not belong.
We always put the square peg in the round hole.
For a woman to commit adultery requires long serious forethought. Before a woman contemplates such actions, she has to mentally damn her husband and convince herself that her husband deserved the damnation and humiliation.
Secondly, by the time the husband had discovered, she would have been doing it for a very long time.
Thirdly, once a cheater, always a cheater.
Fourth, if you ever ever forgive a cheating wife, you are forever doomed.
You will drop to minus zero in her eyes.
You would have given her all the powers she only dreamed of. She will completely emasculate you and turn you into a vegetable of your former self.

Let god do the forgiving for that kind of stuff. You are not god. You are human.
I totally agree as long as it applies to men too

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Godson201333(m): 4:32pm On May 28, 2013
Forgive and divorce her chikena...
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 4:32pm On May 28, 2013
thoexynne:

Really??
.. This has nothing to do with "XTIANITY" but lets even debate the christian side of it. Even JESUS gives you the option to choose either to 4give or not to forgive..

JESUS said and i quote him ""anyone that divorce who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness..... Mt 5:32

Infidelity is an irreparable breach of trust, although we aren't perfect, but be very sure if she does it she's gonna do it again

It has everything to do with Christianity!

Yes, Jesus 'gave' us this option...

BUT remember He forgave the adulterous woman when everyone wanted to stone her.

The issue I have is that a lot of men are not forgiving because they are not Christians or do not believe in God; they would not forgive because of ego and culture. These same men that can't forgive a cheating wife will 99.9% of the same expect their wives to forgive them or have been forgiven by their wives in the past.

It is not really their fault, it's the women who feel that their lives wouldn't go on without the tag 'Mrs.'

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by redsun(m): 4:32pm On May 28, 2013
Why would an adulterous wife want to be with the husband anyway?If the man can not satisfy her,let her move.Unless she is being adulterous to support the family in desperate situation,including the man.

More like knowingly marrying an ashawo without portfolio.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by AtheistD(m): 4:33pm On May 28, 2013

What if she is not apologetic and has no desire to change her cheating ways?
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Burger01(m): 4:35pm On May 28, 2013
He he he! Na 'cutlass' go do the forgiving... Just kidding.

Well, to err is human and to forgive is devine. He go hard to forget but surely I would forgive her and cap it with divorce. EOD

sad
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by kaffy4tope(m): 4:36pm On May 28, 2013
jeffizy: @Plaetton ,
Marriage is not like eating yam where you drop the yam when it's too hot to chew!
Where else will i as a "Nigerian" put sentiments if not in my marriage? If it's about pegs and holes, we will all be "happily" divorced.

When you say divorce is the only option, have you thought about the thread that goes beyond the needle?
I mean kids, documents binding ,ventures you both share, years put into the marriage, etc!

While it's not a worthy act, there are still various options open to be explored. Corrective and punitive measures of course.

May i ask you this question. If you as a man got caught, will you suggest your wife divorce you?

*Wow, nice one bro.....You're a good xtian.
Could u pls gimme ur wife's FB name or fone no? I would like to phuck her, knowing fully well you would 4give her.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by MistadeRegal(m): 4:36pm On May 28, 2013
Just send her parking for in this issue it is in line with the Word of GOD to send her away.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by devour129: 4:38pm On May 28, 2013
obadiah777: WOMEN ARE EMOTIONAL. IF A WOMAN CHEATS ON YOU, THE RELATIONSHIP IS DEAD. DONT EVEN TRY TO RESUSCITATE IT. JUST LET IT GO PLEASE.
it might be a cry for help , it also might be she got carried away.its not always premeditated . Yes I know cos I learnt that in marriage course tongue

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 4:38pm On May 28, 2013
Paentera:

Well, because in reality, fingers are not equal for men and women.

Who made the fingers unequal?

DEUTERONOMY 22 VS 22 If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall BOTH of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Effwazobia: 4:42pm On May 28, 2013
Should A wife Forgive An Adulterous husband? Whatever the answer is to this question is your answer. Offcourse in 9ja na different sets of rules for womenr

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by akpanbaba: 4:43pm On May 28, 2013
I will forgive her but that has to be backed with Magun in case she wants to misbehave again.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Jobos(m): 4:44pm On May 28, 2013
alutacontinua: My own problem still lies in the fact that if a man were to be caught cheating, the story changes!
Why should it be any different for any gender?
Gender is a whiteman lauguage , in india woman pay dowry; that is culture. This not disrespecting but we use gender equaliity to devalue our being. Once a thief is always a thief.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by plaetton: 4:44pm On May 28, 2013
omiobo: If God can forgive us our sins,then she needs to be forgiven.

Who told you that god forgives your sin? shocked
Keep deluding yourself. tongue
And hell is for whom then, the righteous?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Lagos Pastor Divorces Wife For Sex & Food Starvation / Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga / Which Is Worse? A Cheating Or Nagging Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.