Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? (39157 Views)

Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby / Before you divorce An Adulterous Wife. / How Do You "Live" With An Adulterous Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by grandlexuz(m): 7:08pm On May 30, 2013
pro01:

Is this a question, a rhetorical question, or a statement of fact? I'm convinced that some of you people live on the internet, or perhaps in some remote society somewhere around Antarctica. Anyone that lives in Nigeria and is not detached from the reality of Nigerian culture and environment would not make these ridiculous arguments. That was how the other one was deceiving herself that men are no longer required to do all the spending in relationships. Granted that there are always a few exceptions, but what is the norm? People should stop distorting reality - there is a big difference between the internet and the real world. One shouldn't resort to baseless lies merely because she wants to sound smart or win an argument.

Of course a man almost always loses his wife's respect when he is no longer able to provide for the family. Some women are more patient than others, but ultimately, they ALL get tired of waiting for the man to overcome his "setback", and they then proceed to disrespect him in every way imaginable, including sleeping with other men.

My brother you sure are living in the real world. I have seen all what you mentioned above happen in the life of relatives, friends and neighbours.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by grandlexuz(m): 7:28pm On May 30, 2013
juleze:

Not adultery, but fornication.
Fornication in this case refers to marriages that are wrong, for instance, incestuous marriages that were discovered to be so later, or marriages to divorcees, as Jesus said that he that marries a divorcee is committing adultery. He/ she's another's until death do them part.

Jueleze, I might not be going to church at this moment, but I know my bible lessons. Where did you read that story about FORNICATION standing for incestuous marriages? You must be using a different Bible from the one I know.

And I tell you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except her unfaithfulness, and marries another woman, commits adultery." Mathew 19:9 Weymouth Bible

I tell you that whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and he who marries her when she is divorced commits adultery." Mathew 19:9
- World English Bible
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by grandlexuz(m): 7:47pm On May 30, 2013
Some versions of the Bible like the King James Bible say "And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery". I bet it is the word FORNICATION that has many people giving their own meanings to it. Juleze to get a better picture of of the defination of the biblical fornication go to http://www.thefreedictionary.com/fornication
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by juleze(f): 5:42pm On Jun 01, 2013
isale_gan2:

This is just common sense. But God forbid they allow that to be taught in schools on in mass media.

Re OP, I think you're more likely to hear of a husband reacting this way (below) than offering forgiveness to a cheating wife.
http://gawker.com/5989819/riflemans-journal-host-shot-and-killed-by-jealous-husband-in-murder+suicide

So if protection is used then it becomes spiritual too, right?
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by OmoEziokwu: 11:19am On Jun 09, 2013
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by josite: 10:38am On Jun 13, 2013
obadiah777: EXACTLY. NEVER QUITE UNDERSTOOD THE BIG DEAL ABOUT MARRIAGE MYSELF. PEOPLE THROW THIS LAVISH CELEBRATION FOR PEOPLE GETTING MARRIED. SHOULDNT IT BE THE OPPOSITE ? YOU SHOULD BE MOURNING FOR PEOPLE GETTING MARRIED. THEY ARE BOTH GOING INTO PRISON.

actually in Yoruba ,marriage,(igbeyawo) means carrying suffering(iya) to see how it looks.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by peciouslove: 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2013
I came across this and i find it interesting. This just happened to me.... still not sure what to do yet. But the story is also in public domain here in nairaland.

Both sides..its easier said than done...when reality dawns on one (like me here) its like im in a trance or watching movie...
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by AjanleKoko: 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2013
peciouslove:
I came across this and i find it interesting. This just happened to me.... still not sure what to do yet. But the story is also in public domain here in nairaland.

Both sides..its easier said than done...when reality dawns on one (like me here) its like im in a trance or watching movie...

Were you the one cheated on, or did you do the cheating?
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by mondaynelson20: 10:15pm On Jun 15, 2015
Been a Herps is just like been through hell; well special thanks to God almighty
for using DR. EZIKE the greatest spell caster in curing my Herps disease. I was
diagnosed of this disease in the year 2008. Thou I was taking my medications buy
I was not myself. Until last two weeks. My friend came to me and told me that he saw many test
imonies on how a spell caster cured people Herp disease. Thou I never believe in
spell, I said to myself "seen is believing" I took his name and searched it on
GOOGLE, I saw many testimonies myself. Quickly, I copied his
email drezikespellcasterhome@outlook.com I emailed him, he gave me a form to
fill which I did, then he called me and told me that his gods required some items
in which he will use in casting a curing spell on me. And di told him to get the
listed items needed to prepare my cure because by then i have little faith in him,
few hours later he called me and told me he is through preparing the cure. so he
send it to me I got my parcel, it was a herbal cure as described by DR. EZIKE.
I took the herbal cure and after taking it for a week and some days. He told me
to go for check up, I went to the hospital and had a test,and i was cured. Quickly
I called him and tell him what happened he congratulated me. I promise to tell
the world about him. You can contact via email drezikespellcasterhome@outlook.com
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by albridge(m): 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2015
i still say no because a woman cannot belong to two men at the same time cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga / Which Is Worse? A Cheating Or Nagging Wife / Lagos Pastor Divorces Wife For Sex & Food Starvation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.