Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? (18045 Views)

Mention One Thing You Stop Doing When You Fell Inlove / Woman Who ‘fell In Love With A Tree’ Explains How They Have Sex (photo / Have You Ever Broken Up With Someone Because You Fell Out Of Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by mifan: 8:47am On May 27, 2013
I'm a lady in my mid -twenties, who happened to have met this guy. he knows everything about me and i always ask him to share things with me also. we talk about the future a lot with the hope that we get married someday and we have been going strong. Last week during our one to many conversations, he told me a secret that he used to be a cultist, however stopped. But recently i found that he is still one oo and cant denounce or he will die but just stopped being active. I love him but he doesn't even know the implication of still being one. He says he cant say somethings or else or even leave like that... I'm really confused at this point. I want to get married and have a wonderful life but with a Cultist,,, errm I dont think so.

Has anyone particularly females ever been in this situation? what did you do? sad
Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by AtheistD(m): 9:55am On May 27, 2013
mifan: I'm a lady in my mid -twenties, who happened to have met this guy. he knows everything about me and i always ask him to share things with me also. we talk about the future a lot with the hope that we get married someday and we have been going strong. Last week during our one to many conversations, he told me a secret that he used to be a cultist, however stopped. But recently i found that he is still one oo and cant denounce or he will die but just stopped being active. I love him but he doesn't even know the implication of still being one. He says he cant say somethings or else or even leave like that... I'm really confused at this point. I want to get married and have a wonderful life but with a Cultist,,, errm I dont think so.

Has anyone particularly females ever been in this situation? what did you do? sad

Cult as in university cult or cult a in freemasons/lodge style cult?
Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by mifan: 10:05am On May 27, 2013
University cult but since graduated now. However it's still very much part of his life
Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by AtheistD(m): 10:08am On May 27, 2013
mifan: University cult but since graduated now. However it's still very much part of his life

How serious? Did the person kill anyone? Drugs selling? Other forms of crime and hooliganism involved? Do his cult buddies still turn up to see him? What if rival cults want to attack him for his past indiscretions?

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by Smartiegurl(f): 10:45am On May 27, 2013
Does he really wanna leave cultism?
Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by mifan: 11:09am On May 27, 2013
he wants to he says but he cant for some reason saying they would kill him. Not quite sure on the activities he might. he said he has stopped seeing any of them. But these says when we go out to see any of his friends I often wonder whether they too might also be cultist...
Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by Mynd44: 11:21am On May 27, 2013
wow....this is some serious isht
Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by nbright: 11:25am On May 27, 2013
He can't leave... Since he didn't leave when he was in school when the risk of getting a hit is greater, why do u want to believe that he will quit now that he has graduated?. It is possible but highly impossible to denounce and successfully leave a cult group without the group reacting in a violent way. Do u know the name of the frat?.
Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by Godson201333(m): 11:46am On May 27, 2013
Its better you quit the relationship right away,He cannot leave unless he die.....This is what we are saying,Good girls falling for bad guys

6 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by Nobody: 11:54am On May 27, 2013
If ladies should start judging guys with their activities as students, definitely 85% might remain unmarried.

13 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by Chnges(m): 12:25pm On May 27, 2013
OP. I still don't see a point in your write up compared to the topic
Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by tpia5: 12:33pm On May 27, 2013
byvan: If ladies should start judging guys with their activities as students, definitely 85% might remain unmarried.

Thank you
Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by tpia5: 12:33pm On May 27, 2013
Ch@nges:
OP. I still don't see a point in your write up compared to the topic

Thank you
Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by Monicasque(f): 12:33pm On May 27, 2013
byvan: If ladies should start judging guys with their activities as students, definitely 85% might remain unmarried.

so you mean she must stay?

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by Monicasque(f): 12:34pm On May 27, 2013
take time to know sister and remember that the past will always be part of someone. if i were you i would run because i do not want any future pain.
Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by tpia5: 12:37pm On May 27, 2013
Monicasque:

That's not what she said.

The op is the one with the story, just drop your response and move on.
Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by mifan: 12:38pm On May 27, 2013
Godson201333: Its better you quit the relationship right away,He cannot leave unless he die.....This is what we are saying,Good girls falling for bad guys

unfortunately I dont know which of them.
Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by mifan: 12:40pm On May 27, 2013
Monicasque: take time to know sister and remember that the past will always be part of someone. if i were you i would run because i do not want any future pain.

Thanks
Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by tpia5: 12:40pm On May 27, 2013
mifan:

unfortunately I dont know which of them.

Am i the only one seeing your posts as pointless?
Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by Monicasque(f): 12:40pm On May 27, 2013
tpia@:

That's not what she said.

The op is the one with the story, just drop your response and move on.

you have issues

6 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 27, 2013
Monicasque:

Must ke?thats her choice to make . What if he never confessed?wouldn't she have married him?
Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by Monicasque(f): 12:51pm On May 27, 2013
byvan:

Must ke?thats her choice to make . What if he never confessed?wouldn't she have married him?

that is why we are always told to ''TAKE TIME TO KNOW HIM'' . I think its good that she found this out before marriage so that she can weigh her options. You are right, its her decision to make but she must also make sure that she does not in future regret her decision

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by mifan: 12:53pm On May 27, 2013
tpia@:

Am i the only one seeing your posts as pointless?

My response was based on the enquiry and I only want to get as many diverse views on this.
Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by tpia5: 1:06pm On May 27, 2013
mifan:

My response was based on the enquiry and I only want to get as many diverse views on this.

Which diverse views do you need on a matter that concerns only you?

And do you not have parents, friends and associates to give you advice?

Just asking.
Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by Chnges(m): 1:09pm On May 27, 2013
Even if u'r 1, it'll never change d fact that modern school cultism is a tomfoolery

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by firetrap(m): 1:36pm On May 27, 2013
mifan: he wants to he says but he cant for some reason saying they would kill him. Not quite sure on the activities he might. he said he has stopped seeing any of them. But these says when we go out to see any of his friends I often wonder whether they too might also be cultist...

all na wash. the gangs in Nigerian universities that we refer to as cult groups are not as rigid and strong as people are made to believe. any day he truly wants to give up that life all he has to do is walk away and not look back, no one will come to hunt him. the truth is he wants to quit but does not know any other life apart from being in a gang. you have to make him see other things worth doing and help him get into other activities and aid with his reorientation. some people do it through religion other through counseling. you just have to keep him engaged during his withdrawal people lest he relapses cos like hard drugs, gang life is addictive

17 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by chronique(m): 2:02pm On May 27, 2013
It's possible for him to leave if he wants to(although it's not easy if he's a top ranker). He's not the first person and won't be the last. Some of these boys don't want to leave cos of other favours they get. A good no of top executives in banks and other multinationals belong to one fraternity or the other and they help their members secure jobs and get connections to people that matter. There are cultists in banks,oil firms,telecoms,breweries,political parties and even security agencies. The incentives to stay behind now might be higher than what's on offer if he leaves. But trust me,when your friend is ready to leave,he will tell you. If he's already working,ask him how he got his job(if it's through connection or not).

5 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by tpia5: 2:26pm On May 27, 2013
i hope he is happy seeing his life spread all across the gossip tabloids.

that's all!
Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 27, 2013
The guy came clean and confessed and you still wonder if his friends are cultists. Do you have a good reason to suspect they might be or are you making your assumptions based on knowing his past. Find out if the guy is sincere in having a better future and then help him make it happen. Dont let his past drag it down.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Fell In Love With A Cultist? by Monicasque(f): 3:14pm On May 27, 2013
tpia@:
i hope he is happy seeing his life spread all across the gossip tabloids.

that's all!

Goshhhhhhhhh whats wrong with you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? / Ghanaian Female Police Vs Nigeria Female Police. / Party On Romance For Buhari Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.