Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,194 members, 7,860,275 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:46 AM

Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP (40912 Views)

Amaechi Has Vandalised Rivers State Government House - Wike / Amaechi Has Lost Decorum, Says Presidency / Diezani Alison-Madueke Sacked? (Suspended From Petroleum Ministry?) <False> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by karlmax2: 3:53pm On May 27, 2013
Obiagelli:
Ouk defeated pdp, simple as abc and says it can't happen again. mind u if pdp lose to apc, it's good bye because apc is not a one man party like ppa
ppa defeated pdp in abia but what party is in charge in abia?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by visalo: 3:53pm On May 27, 2013
thelastpope10:

His cup is full. He has been tolerated for too long. GEJ does not need to deal with him. ND people will take care of him. I have been telling you lot. Even GEJ cannot decide not to contest in 2015. It is bigger than him now. It is about complete liberation from the shackles of Northern domination in collaboration with some SW and SS accomplices

you just hit the nail by the head.. as for ameachi this is just the biginning. he never see any thing yet. to all apc and Tinunbu suppoters, continue with your empty noise
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Delafruita(m): 3:53pm On May 27, 2013
thelastpope10:

As far as national politics is concerned, everything is based on party. That is why you cannot get a speaker or deputy or senate president from the opposition.
did u even understand what my comment was about?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 27, 2013
pro01:
. . . Because OBJ stubbornly and single-handedly imposed an unwanted character in the person of Onyema Ugochukwu as the PDP gubernatorial candidate. The same thing happened in Imo with the imposition of an unknown alien (Charles Ugwu) as flagbearer. These political nonentities were not accepted by the PDP rank-and-file in both states, and so they had no strong political structures and foot-soldiers to work with. This made it easy for Orji Kalu to pull the rug from under their feet with his PPA - with the active connivance of then INEC Chairman Maurice Iwu.(who happens to be Ohakim's kinsman). These conditions cannot be compared with the Rivers scenario.
Bottom line, pdp because of Obasanjo interference and isn't gej doing exactly the same.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Abagworo(m): 3:55pm On May 27, 2013
thelastpope10:

Hahahahahahaha! very weak propaganda. GEJ has never been an enemy of Rivers. His wife is from Rivers. When Rivers and Bayelsa had issues, he stepped in and resolved amicably. Your propaganda is very weak. Without him, Amaechi could have lost the last governorship primaries. The Ijaw nation will never divide just because Amaechi is vice presidential candidate to a northerner. That is fantasy

What is the relationship between Amaechi and Ijaw? You tribalists should better be ready for the crisis tribalism is about to unleash in our country. South-south is not an Ijaw enclave and that should have been very clear by now.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Symphony007: 3:56pm On May 27, 2013
thelastpope10:

Oh, so you a Yoruba man that hasnt gone past Shagamu in his life knows Rivers state politics more than me? grin

You must be using the same sattelite pictures with musiwa... cheesy
look at this kid calling me a yoruba man! Me! Me and you who know rivers more? Before i reveal my identity to u. Tell me what part of rivers you're from. Let me embarrase you.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Iykopee(m): 3:56pm On May 27, 2013
Obiagelli:
Are you saying igbos are anti apc? Abeg speak for yourself o

Not really but these people aint ready to hobnob with an abo.ki just to let u knw if u dont..
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by visalo: 3:56pm On May 27, 2013
Prof Corruption: GEJ has chosen to remove all pretenses and fight very dirty. At this stage, a lot depends on how strong the hold Amaechi has on Rivers House of Assembly.

Time will tell

Kids in politics. talk is so cheap.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by OdionOdion: 3:57pm On May 27, 2013
Symphony007: and rivers people love the man that they gave the most votes in 2011 but has never visited the state since then? They love the man who has never alocated a single project to them? They love the man who is giving out their oil wells in soku to his home state of bayelsa and supporting akwa ibom in taking more? They love the man whoes campaign rally in port harcourt caused a stampede and killed over 30 people, and he did'nt bother to visit their farmilies or pay compensation? Yeah...i can really feel the love!
You missed it,that rally was hosted by Amaechi to blackmail GEJ and PDP,besides those women blood was used to oiled the evil political coulron of AMaEchi
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by jmaine: 3:58pm On May 27, 2013
Things are about to get awry as each faction bare their fangs . . . . Jona is not to be taken lightly cos this brute force shows he is turning the coat towards decisive actions . . .

Na who give uncle Jona
[size=16pt]Brutanol [/size]drink grin. . . . .
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 27, 2013
As usual...I see so many chest beating by GEJ supporters on this thread.

The way Asari Dokubo has been falsely making empty noise all over the land.

When the chips are finally down....GEJ will account for so many things..one of which will be to tell us who was beating the drum in the bush for Asari to dance to.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 27, 2013
Billyonaire: Suspension from PDP means he can NO LONGER function as a NGF faction chairman cos he belongs to no party in the quo. PDP got swag and style. I dine only with the winners. Hahahahaha Amaechi needs to learn from History, do NOT challenge the gods or governments. There is NO conscience in Politics, its permanent interest. If OHBEEJAY can succumb, WHO ART THOU ?
I thought being governor qualifies him to hold the position, your own logic get as I be o
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 27, 2013
Obiagelli:
I thought being governor qualifies him to hold the position, your own logic get as I be o

you dey mind the politically illiterate dude? cheesy
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by visalo: 4:02pm On May 27, 2013
Iykopee:

Bro dont mind most peeps on this thread saying tins they had little or no knowledge about.. Assuming amaechi moved to APC, which okrika, kalabari (ijaws), ikwerre, etche, oyibo,opobo (igbo speaking areas) that are d majority will go along with him to APC? I urge them to come to rivers state for first hand information about amaechi b4 coming to NL to make mishmash comments.... As it stands, amaechi is a man walking alone in rivers state. right now he has been marked for failure by his clan.

You even get timeooo. most of the comment here are just from apc and tinubu supporters.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 27, 2013
thelastpope10:

Not all Igbos definitely. There are a few "Lagosnised" Igbos who are more Yorubas than Igbos who still support the APC. But when it comes to the presidency, the Igbos will never support a Buhari or Lamido over GEJ. You can take that to the bank
Time will tell, as far as I know there is an apc government in my Imo state and anambra (by the end of the year)
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Symphony007: 4:02pm On May 27, 2013
thelastpope10:

Hahahahahahaha! very weak propaganda. GEJ has never been an enemy of Rivers. His wife is from Rivers. When Rivers and Bayelsa had issues, he stepped in and resolved amicably. Your propaganda is very weak. Without him, Amaechi could have lost the last governorship primaries. The Ijaw nation will never divide just because Amaechi is vice presidential candidate to a northerner. That is fantasy
a weak propaganda that you can't disprove! How did jonathan settle soku oil well crisis? Who now owns the wells. And i know patience is an okrika woman that's why it's shamefull her own youths stoned her motorcade. Why do you think she no longer visits rivers? She's now permanent secretary in bayelsa! Ameachi does'nt need to divide the ijaw nation. Jonathan is already doing a good job at that.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Symphony007: 4:04pm On May 27, 2013
Billyonaire: Suspension from PDP means he can NO LONGER function as a NGF faction chairman cos he belongs to no party in the quo. PDP got swag and style. I dine only with the winners. Hahahahaha Amaechi needs to learn from History, do NOT challenge the gods or governments. There is NO conscience in Politics, its permanent interest. If OHBEEJAY can succumb, WHO ART THOU ?
look at this kid. You've never heard of political indpendent? Abeg, retuen to your primary school.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by larayat(f): 4:04pm On May 27, 2013
Jst like my signature...oga jona can't beat amaechi...so he arranged 2 av him beaten....der was a country!!
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by thoniann(m): 4:07pm On May 27, 2013
GEJ is just throwing his last punches,the punches of a fagged out boxer who is delaying to hit the canvas. Amaechi, is yet to pull a punch, and when he unleashes it, it's gonna be a knock out. Not even GEJ or the PDP will survive it.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 27, 2013
thelastpope10:

APC is not a one man party? Tell me again! Ok, I remember, it is actually a two man party...Buhari and Tinubu grin
You forgot ngige, Rochas, akume, Oshiomole. Apc presently control 10 state, keep fooling yourself.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 27, 2013
Bobo yi ti ya were! You don't fail to disappoint do you? How can his suspension affect his role as the chairman of NGF?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Symphony007: 4:08pm On May 27, 2013
OdionOdion: You missed it,that rally was hosted by Amaechi to blackmail GEJ and PDP,besides those women blood was used to oiled the evil political coulron of AMaEchi
go for check up, your brain might just be shrinking..so a presidential election rally organised and paid for by the national PDP going horribly wrong is now ameachi's fault? I could'nt understand the "blood" part. It sounded too nigerian filmish for me. Silly you!
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 27, 2013
karl max: ppa defeated pdp in abia but what party is in charge in abia?
That does not change the fact that PDP lost to ppa and how about Edo, Imo and the rest
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 27, 2013
naptu2: smiley some people don't understand. This goes beyond Amaechi and Rivers State. In the Nigerian power play system, it is very risky for the president to become power drunk. There are many people out there who are right now asking themselves "could this happen to me?"

Yesterday it was Sylva, today it is Amaechi, who's next? smiley

You're (conveniently) missing the point. The one who is power drunk is the one who, as the wise Igbo proverb goes, having had a heavy meal of pounded yam, challenges his chi to a fight for no.good reason. It is interesting you alluded to imprudent characters such as Sylva and Amaechi. The question that naturally arises is: What did they do to deserve it? Of all the governors in Nigeria and in the PDP specifically, why them?

Why is it so difficult for a governor to stay in his lane and allow the president stay in his own lane in peace? Does Jonathan strike you as a bully (e.g Obasanjo) who would pick on a random governor minding his own business just for the perverse thrill of it? If an over-ambitious governor decides to challenge the president, knowing the risk involved in such an undertaking, why should other sensible governors feel threatened? These are the real issues.

Every sensible governor, especially those in the president's party, knows that he is safe in his position as long as he faces the important matter of governing his state and avoids needless battles. When you begin fancying yourself as more important and powerful than you really are, and foolishly challenge your 'innocent' chi to a fight, then you have no reason to feel victimised when you meet your inevitable doom.

6 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 27, 2013
Iykopee:

Not really but these people aint ready to hobnob with an abo.ki just to let u knw if u dont..
Well not everyone thinks like you. #tribalismisevil
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by figment232(m): 4:14pm On May 27, 2013
larayat: Jst like my signature...oga jona can't beat amaechi...so he arranged 2 av him beaten....der was a country!!
Dats the way it goes nah! Amaechi needs to be taught a bitter lesson he wud never 4get
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by kenny1911: 4:15pm On May 27, 2013
Iykopee:

Bro dont mind most peeps on this thread saying tins they had little or no knowledge about.. Assuming amaechi moved to APC, which okrika, kalabari (ijaws), ikwerre, etche, oyibo,opobo (igbo speaking areas) that are d majority will go along with him to APC? I urge them to come to rivers state for first hand information about amaechi b4 coming to NL to make mishmash comments.... As it stands, amaechi is a man walking alone in rivers state. right now he has been marked for failure by his clan.

Abeg help me tell them. They re supporting him (Amaechi) because they do not reside or indigene of rivers state. As far as majority of rivers people are concerned, the governor has failed and ll not even win his senatorial district election if he decides to contest in any political platform.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by ekolina(m): 4:16pm On May 27, 2013
automaticcarzz: Jonathan is officially the heir apparent to Robert Mugabe. This won't end well for him. You heard it from me first.
why do we love living on assumptions?? He was suspended 4 going agst d party so u guys shld stop draging Mr president into this

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by figment232(m): 4:16pm On May 27, 2013
thoniann: GEJ is just throwing his last punches,the punches of a fagged out boxer who is delaying to hit the canvas. Amaechi, is yet to pull a punch, and when he unleashes it, it's gonna be a knock out. Not even GEJ or the PDP will survive it.
Ok just specify 1 sucker punch Amaechi can pull at the moment.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by brixton: 4:17pm On May 27, 2013
Obiagelli:
That does not change the fact that PDP lost to ppa and how about Edo, Imo and the rest

Things are usually different in these states at the federal level... they always vote in certain pattern which is for pheeedeeepheee
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by kenny1911: 4:17pm On May 27, 2013
ekolina: why do we love living on assumptions?? He was suspended 4 going agst d party so u guys shld stop draging Mr president into this

I wonder ooooo.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Has Been Suspended From PDP by Godmann(m): 4:17pm On May 27, 2013
pro01:

You're (conveniently) missing the point. The one who is power drunk is the one who, as the wise Igbo proverb goes, having had a heavy meal of pounded yam, rchallenges his chi to a fight for no.good reason. It is interesting you alluded to imprudent characters such as Sylva and Amaechi. The question that naturally arises is: What did they do to deserve it? Of all the governors in Nigeria and in the PDP specifically, why them?

Why is it so difficult for a governor to stay in his lane and allow the president stay in his own lane in peace? Does Jonathan strike you as a bully (e.g Obasanjo) who would pick on a random governor minding his own business just for the perverse thrill of it? If an over-ambitious governor decides to challenge the president, knowing the risk involved in such an undertaking, why should other sensible governors feel threatened.These are the real issues.

Every sensible governor, especially those in the president's party, knows that he is safe in his position as long as he faces the important matter of governing his state and ravoids needless battles. When you begin fancying yourself as more important and powerful than you really are, and foolishly challenge your 'innocent' chi to a fight, then you have no reason to feel victimised when you meet your inevitable doom.

It is unfortunate you are using a beautiful Igbo proverb to justify cowardice. If all of us are cowards, who will be the heroes? Amechi may be a hero in waiting. Even as little as i am GEJ cannot be my "Chi" because he is clueless and corrupt.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Rabiu Kwankwaso With His Gun During Obasanjo's Tenure / Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders / Sanwo-Olu Honours London-Lagos Solo Car Rider With New Car, House, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.