Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,982 members, 7,835,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? (23737 Views)

I Criticise Buhari As Most Senior Governor In Nigeria — Fayose / Who Is Presently The Youngest Nigerian Governor In Office? / Perez: Rochas Okorocha Ranks Best Governor In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by jumobi1(m): 6:41pm On May 30, 2013
Amosun.
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by ABsI1: 6:44pm On May 30, 2013
jumobi1: Amosun.
Supermarket,unity road,ilorin shei?
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by lawbabs: 6:50pm On May 30, 2013
Elmos: I don't like his way of administration, I left his party, but as a smartest governor politically, he takes the lead, his name is ABDULRAHAMAN MIMIKO of State of Ondo. When he first presented himself for office back in the days, he was told that they needed a responsible man, that is a married man, and then he was not married, the discussion was on a Monday, and on Wednesday, he was at the meeting again with his wedding certificate, smartness number 1. Segun Adegoke was nominated to be the Governorship candidate of AD in Ondo state in 1999, but being an Ondo Man like Adegoke, he knows once Adegoke becomes a Governor he will never be again, courtesy of Senatorial rotation, he pitched ADEGOKE and Against the party leadership while he was sponsoring ADEFARATI (He sold his father's house in Yaba in Ondo town) became the most powerful cabinet member of ADEFARATI government.Smartness number 2. He was known and Address as Rahman Mimiko, but knows that Ondo will never vote for a Muslim as their Governor he changed faith and remove Rahaman and replaced it with Olusegun. Smartness number 3. He played TINUMBU and OBASANJO, and got the support of both enemies and much more.

This is interesting and your facts are really true. I am aware of them but he is still not as brilliant and smart as Fashola in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by clint77ng: 6:52pm On May 30, 2013
fortune4god: Rochas is d best
. The question said smartest.
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by coputa(m): 6:55pm On May 30, 2013
Smarthest in what respect,...in stealing,it is Emmanuel Uduaghan,for development stride,it is fashola,.taking bold steps we give that to oshiomhole...Amaechi top the list as the most arrogant,and for deceit and noise making,Rochas is the man...

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by Onos4real(m): 6:55pm On May 30, 2013
When it comes to election ringging and cases manipulation, gov Uduagha of Delta State is d smartest.
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by Fishout(m): 7:03pm On May 30, 2013
Koffiman: The op must have come from one bush in Osun. To think that a slave to Tinubu -who went to do his master's biddings in d NGF election - is d smartest governor in nigeria is an indication of backwardness. Somebody who has allowed Tinubu to run his govt is a smart persn. Haba!
I think u have not been in osun b4 because if so, u will not call osun a bush area.try to know a place u want talk about b4 making any comment unless u will be insult.
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by Gbawe: 7:09pm On May 30, 2013
Elmos: I don't like his way of administration, I left his party, but as a smartest governor politically, he takes the lead, his name is ABDULRAHAMAN MIMIKO of State of Ondo. When he first presented himself for office back in the days, he was told that they needed a responsible man, that is a married man, and then he was not married, the discussion was on a Monday, and on Wednesday, he was at the meeting again with his wedding certificate, smartness number 1. Segun Adegoke was nominated to be the Governorship candidate of AD in Ondo state in 1999, but being an Ondo Man like Adegoke, he knows once Adegoke becomes a Governor he will never be again, courtesy of Senatorial rotation, he pitched ADEGOKE and Against the party leadership while he was sponsoring ADEFARATI (He sold his father's house in Yaba in Ondo town) became the most powerful cabinet member of ADEFARATI government.Smartness number 2. He was known and Address as Rahman Mimiko, but knows that Ondo will never vote for a Muslim as their Governor he changed faith and remove Rahaman and replaced it with Olusegun. Smartness number 3. He played TINUMBU and OBASANJO, and got the support of both enemies and much more.

With all due respect, this is why I said earlier that many Nigerians would not be the best judge of what smartness is. We will input dishonesty, deception, corner cutting, cheating to get our ways and even fraud as qualities we erroneously think equates "smartness" because of how our society has shaped us aberrantly.

How is the part in bold above smartness? It is obvious that, condemnably, Mimiko either (1) married hastily within two days for the sake of politics and not primarily for love or (2) he cynically engaged in 'arrangee' marriage or (3) he forged or bought a marriage certificate to achieve a political agenda. Guy, how is any of that smartness? If anything you have helped us make sense of why Mimiko behaved as unprincipled and as crudely as he did recently.

6 Likes

Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by Gbawe: 7:11pm On May 30, 2013
lawbabs:

This is interesting and your facts are really true. I am aware of them but he is still not as brilliant and smart as Fashola in my opinion.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked You actually agree with him that Mimiko is "smart"?
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by creativemusic: 7:18pm On May 30, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 30, 2013

ERROOORRRRRRRR, we are talking of smartness not being cunning. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by Gbawe: 7:31pm On May 30, 2013
osaiworld:

ERROOORRRRRRRR, we are talking of smartness not being cunning. undecided undecided

Indeed.
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by Justicemy: 7:34pm On May 30, 2013
Its obvious dat sme of u can't diffrntiate btween smart gov and good governance, if u talk abt good governance, den i gve it 2 fashola nd Akpabio bt for smartness dis 2 governor re fully out of de equatn
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by injuredman: 7:44pm On May 30, 2013
Inik: Godswill Akpabio.
During the Yaradua sickness bruhaha he was opposed to the emergence of Goodluck Jonathan as substantive president, he used money and other resources to ensure that Goodluck wasn't sworn in as president but when Goodluck came into power he quickly aligned himself with him and today he is the chief defender of Goodluck jonathan. This has attracted federal resources and projects into Akwa ibom state. He will discard Goodluck jonathan quickly as a rag if he spots a better opportunity with another politician.

Also he has used the state resources to transform his village and senatorial district. Every single road in his lga has been tarred, the streets are beautified, every bank operating in Akwa ibom state must have a branch in his senatorial district etc.
He is contesting for the post a senator in his senatorial district in 2015 and there is no way that he will contest elections there and fail!!

Your 1st reason U stated above is due to lack of personal ideologies exhibited by most Nigerian politicians. BTW, what federal project(s) has been situated in Akwa Ibom since Akpabio started licking GEJ's behind? Akpabio's bromance with GEJ is borne out of his selfish/personal interest and not in the interest of the state.

Your 2nd reason is laudable. It is what is expected from any leader. Also, he has come to define what family or constituency means in a nepotistic country like ours. If every politician can develop his senatorial district like "Talkative Akpabio", then we'll be few steps ahead. That does not exonerate his sharing the state wealth with brothers and cronies.
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by kizaronto: 8:18pm On May 30, 2013
Smartest? Do we really have one? mmmh i know we have very dull set of Governors,you should be talking of the dullest and not the smartest.
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by ballabriggs: 8:23pm On May 30, 2013
Raji, Raji, Raji Fashola.

A strategist, a planner, a thinker and a futurologist. I can see it through his lenses, the man stands way above the others. He has a vision and he works to achieve that vision.

Deceit is not smartness as it has no impact on improving humanity. Of what use is the "smartness" of a r@pist?

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by ballabriggs: 8:28pm On May 30, 2013
Gbawe:

With all due respect, this is why I said earlier that many Nigerians would not be the best judge of what smartness is. We will input dishonesty, deception, corner cutting, cheating to get our ways and even fraud as qualities we erroneously think equates "smartness" because of how our society has shaped us aberrantly.

How is the part in bold above smartness? It is obvious that, condemnably, Mimiko either (1) married hastily within two days for the sake of politics and not primarily for love or (2) he cynically engaged in 'arrangee' marriage or (3) he forged or bought a marriage certificate to achieve a political agenda. Guy, how is any of that smartness? If anything you have helped us make sense of why Mimiko behaved as unprincipled and as crudely as he did recently.

These people are dull and it's such a shame. Why do you waste so much time on them.
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by Garrithe1st: 8:32pm On May 30, 2013
ballabriggs:

These people are dull and it's such a shame. Why do you waste so much time on them.

These are the sort of people "Sagamite" has proposed should not be allowed to vote. These dumb folks have same one vote with you....

cool
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by pendusky(m): 8:49pm On May 30, 2013
Inik: Godswill Akpabio.
During the Yaradua sickness bruhaha he was opposed to the emergence of Goodluck Jonathan as substantive president, he used money and other resources to ensure that Goodluck wasn't sworn in as president but when Goodluck came into power he quickly aligned himself with him and today he is the chief defender of Goodluck jonathan. This has attracted federal resources and projects into Akwa ibom state. He will discard Goodluck jonathan quickly as a rag if he spots a better opportunity with another politician.

Also he has used the state resources to transform his village and senatorial district. Every single road in his lga has been tarred, the streets are beautified, every bank operating in Akwa ibom state must have a branch in his senatorial district etc.
He is contesting for the post a senator in his senatorial district in 2015 and there is no way that he will contest elections there and fail!!

This story of urs doesnt change anything!!! If ure uncle is a senator in Akpabio Senatorial district, better tell him to drop coz the Akpabio I knw is a Lion, He doesnt contest and loose... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by Elmos: 8:49pm On May 30, 2013
osaiworld:

With all respect, check out your dictionary, and see what I said, "Politically" I said, smartness could be look at from different angles, be it political, Administrative, academics, business etc. I look at him politically because the people mentioned here are political symbols, and they could be weigh politically or administratively or both, and in this case I talk about him politically. No disrespect intend.
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by Elmos: 8:52pm On May 30, 2013
osaiworld:

With all respect, check out your dictionary, and see what I said, "Politically" I said. Smartness could be look at from different angles, be it political, Administrative, academics, business etc. I looked at him politically because the people mentioned here are political symbols, and they could either be weighed politically, administratively or both, and in this case I talk about him politically. No disrespect intended.
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by Jilo83(m): 8:58pm On May 30, 2013
Koffiman: The op must have come from one bush in Osun. To think that a slave to Tinubu -who went to do his master's biddings in d NGF election - is d smartest governor in nigeria is an indication of backwardness. Somebody who has allowed Tinubu to run his govt is a smart persn. Haba!
If Tinubu is running govt 4 Aregbe, then all other Govs need Tinubu 2 run theirs.....
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by Graise(m): 9:01pm On May 30, 2013
Gov. Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole is sure d smartest of dem all! Edo State is in safe hands...
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by AdeniyiA(m): 9:06pm On May 30, 2013
unless i am privy to their bank accounts, i can not confidently tell u who's d smartest. as smartness in nigeria means d amount u av calculatively n secretly embezzled in preparation for the rainy days
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by topazjosh(m): 9:11pm On May 30, 2013
you are just too right man,you just spit out what's actually on my mind,is the smartest governor despite bn the only labour party governor,the likes of aregbe,fasola can't do anything without the support of tinubu and other A C N chieftain,meanwhile pdp governors have lots to rely on.
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by TippyTop(m): 9:34pm On May 30, 2013
Past and present I'd give it to ex-Lagos state governor Alh Ahmed Tinubu.

For an unknown bonehead like Tinubu who made his region's governors directors in his Asiwaju company of Nigeria takes guile or if you like stratagem. You gotta hand it to the man.
For a man indicted in America for fraud to hoodwink an entire people to work for him and his family takes a bit of smartness.

Tinubu is the smartest Yoruba man alive.
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by ziley: 10:08pm On May 30, 2013
Gov Fash al d way
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by shamson: 10:20pm On May 30, 2013
PapaBrowne: Aregbeshola is a thug and should never be put in the same book with Fashola.

If your definition of smart is agbero, then fine, give it to Aregbeshola.
But if your definition of smart is AKA harvardish....then Fashola is you go to guy.
Oshiomole is very very smart. So is Akpabio. And I like Fayemi too.

why do you write this crap
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by jmaine: 10:24pm On May 30, 2013
Elmos:

With all respect, check out your dictionary, and see what I said, "Politically" I said, smartness could be look at from different angles, be it political, Administrative, academics, business etc. I look at him politically because the people mentioned here are political symbols, and they could be weigh politically or administratively or both, and in this case I talk about him politically. No disrespect intend.

Nice explanation . . .It all depends on the niche of your subjective view . . .
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by kolexy(m): 10:27pm On May 30, 2013
Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by phemybof(m): 10:28pm On May 30, 2013
adexsimply: cheesy cheesy cheesy
Aregbesola,smartst govr of d year
Re: Who Is The Smartest Governor In Nigeria? by Fussbot: 10:49pm On May 30, 2013
Egbami o!don't we have oyo peeps here on NL?

How come no1 have SUGGESTED my dear governor ABIOLA AJIMOBI aka AJIREBI!grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Has Scrapped Security Vote To Top Federal Officials / CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election / How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.