Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes - Politics (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes (76189 Views)

‘we Need To Get Nigerians Out Of America – Donald Trump / Donald Trump To Chase Nigerians Out Of US / Cameroonian Soldiers Chase Nigerians Out Of Bakassi (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by ba7man(m): 4:11am On Jun 05, 2013
I dislike it when i hear certain Nigerians making statements like...."We dominate blah, blah" or "We own this percentage of that city"....You can say it within Nigeria without getting smacked but you take that kind of attitude outside and you end up giving people like @BCraig the opportunity to talk trash in return. At the same time @BCraig. I just woke up and found out you stayed up late to do all that posting when everyone else was sleeping. That's bordering on an Obsession.
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by BCraig: 4:20am On Jun 05, 2013
ba7man: @BCraig. I just woke up and found out you stayed up late to do all that posting when everyone else was sleeping. That's bordering on an Obsession.

All night? Er, It happens to be 09:20 PM on June 4, 2013 where I am. It's not even bedtime yet. Time zones baby.

So, good morning to you. With that said, I do need to sleep. Goood night, now. Chow chow. Kissie kissie. Huggie huggie? grin
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by ba7man(m): 7:36am On Jun 05, 2013
BCraig:

All night? Er, It happens to be 09:20 PM on June 4, 2013 where I am. It's not even bedtime yet. Time zones baby.

So, good morning to you. With that said, I do need to sleep. Goood night, now. Chow chow. Kissie kissie. Huggie huggie? grin
Those multiple posts are still excessive and borders on obsession.
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by collynzo2(m): 7:45am On Jun 05, 2013
Craig is having sleepless nights crying about something he can't change here, he alone has 70% of the posts here, he even went through the stress of creating a new account after he was banned. 7 days and counting..............................what a loser!
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by TonySpike: 8:44am On Jun 05, 2013
ba7man: I dislike it when i hear certain Nigerians making statements like...."We dominate blah, blah" or "We own this percentage of that city"....You can say it within Nigeria without getting smacked but you take that kind of attitude outside and you end up giving people like @BCraig the opportunity to talk trash in return. At the same time @BCraig. I just woke up and found out you stayed up late to do all that posting when everyone else was sleeping. That's bordering on an Obsession.

@ bolded words.
Isn't it obvious that these same accusations we hear here on Nairaland are also repeated in the OP's post?

"They are jealous of us"
"They are envious"
"We own 70% of ...."
"We are more hard-working than our hosts"

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
You don't brag in front of your hosts, most especially, when they can easily be triggered by such provocative statements. All these bragging rights must stop, it is an insult on your hosts. WELL SAID!
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by omonnakoda: 9:37am On Jun 05, 2013
It is only a child's mother that thinks their tantrums are cute.
The richest Nigerian is Ogbi
The smartest Nigerian is Ogbi
Ogbi are the most deserving Nigerians
Ogbi are the best businessmen in Nigeria
Ogbi own Lagos
Ogbi owns Abuja
Ogbi owns..........,
Somebody better tell Heymaker and Shidibeer that the whole world is tired of their boasting.We should also apologize to South Africans ,we that live in the same country are tired of their drug dealing and general criminality. Of course people see them and say "Nigerians" but we know who they really are and are fed up too!

1 Like

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by biolabee(m): 10:11am On Jun 05, 2013
at least we are talking
damn ur initial posts were sth else...
BCraig:

I worked with a Nigerian in Johannesburg. We were both employed by the same company. I went to university with a Nigerian. He's now an architect in Johannesburg. I also met a Nigerian at business school. We are friends today.

But here's the thing. These Nigerians do not even need to worry about Xenophobia. They are for starters in a different social class, compared to the people that fight against foreigners.

Secondly, their social contract is intact and in the main, no one has reason to have gripes with them. They live in our neighbourhoods and suburbs and everyone is happy. Good immigrants.

Now apart from the fact that they'll never be caught dead in a xenophobic area, they are seen to be contributors.

Sadly, they are not as loud as the Hillbrow types. They aren't as "all over" as the hillbrow types. They aren't as many, I might even say.They aren't part of the image. The lower classes are less exposed to these types of Nigerians. Not in SA anyway. They are far from the noise. Sadly, that's part of the problem. They are too far from the noise.

Having said that, perception management is in the hands of all Nigerians; and it starts from the moment a Nigerian boy says he's leaving Lagos for Joburg. By the same token, xenophobia management is in the hands of South Africa. Failure to look in the mirror breeds chaos; and when both sides perpetuate it, I say: "Ah well, have fun. Don't come crying to me. If you get your head bashed in, it's cause you deserve it"
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by TonySpike: 10:39am On Jun 05, 2013
BCraig:

I worked with a Nigerian in Johannesburg. We were both employed by the same company. I went to university with a Nigerian. He's now an architect in Johannesburg. I also met a Nigerian at business school. We are friends today.

But here's the thing. These Nigerians do not even need to worry about Xenophobia. They are for starters in a different social class, compared to the people that fight against foreigners.

Secondly, their social contract is intact and in the main, no one has reason to have gripes with them. They live in our neighbourhoods and suburbs and everyone is happy. Good immigrants.

Now apart from the fact that they'll never be caught dead in a xenophobic area, they are seen to be contributors.

Sadly, they are not as loud as the Hillbrow types. They aren't as "all over" as the hillbrow types. They aren't as many, I might even say.They aren't part of the image. The lower classes are less exposed to these types of Nigerians. Not in SA anyway. They are far from the noise. Sadly, that's part of the problem. They are too far from the noise.

Having said that, perception management is in the hands of all Nigerians; and it starts from the moment a Nigerian boy says he's leaving Lagos for Joburg. By the same token, xenophobia management is in the hands of South Africa. Failure to look in the mirror breeds chaos; and when both sides perpetuate it, I say: "Ah well, have fun. Don't come crying to me. If you get your head bashed in, it's cause you deserve it"

CraigB or Bcraig, this should have been the end of all your posts and let the e-wars end as thus. To buttress your points, may I add the following?

1. The South African economy, needs more specially-skilled and professional hands in relevant fields, than unskilled hands.
2. Most of the Nigerians going to SA are majorly the not-so-skilled hands. This is very obvious if you've ever travelled to SA and boarded the plane with these guys
3. The South African system has a large army of unemployed (and perhaps, unskilled) youths and the stats are climbing up by the day.

From the above premises, isn't it obvious that majority of these migrant Nigerians will ultimately find themselves competing on the streets with a large army of unemployed locals? This is exactly the scenario of many Nigerians in SA. Like I earlier proposed, it is left for the Department of Home-Affairs (DHA) and the SA consulate(s) in Nigeria to yank off the undesirables in the system. With this, it will be a win-win situation for both Nigeria and SA - if and when this is done...
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by biolabee(m): 11:10am On Jun 05, 2013
The passive policy of the ZA uathorities of leaving hillbrow may have led to it's decay as it Is seen now

They may need to actively engage the issue just as the US is doing wth it dream act to give illegal aliens a chance to work
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by ebankole: 12:22pm On Jun 05, 2013
Kudos to all'we,nigerians really need to search within ourselves & deal with what i called internal madness-one region try to claim we own this we own that is indeed a total madness-i saw a lots of point in BCRAIG he was right in few part of is arguments,he pointed a lot of point & i do appreciated that as a matter of fact.
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
Ek is gatvol van al die mense. Voetsek!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 05, 2013
*Semuhle*Baby*:

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by collynzo2(m): 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
*Semuhle*Baby*:
Ons is keelvol van jou ook. Fokof!

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by IGBOSON1: 6:56pm On Jun 05, 2013
omonnakoda: It is only a child's mother that thinks their tantrums are cute.
The richest Nigerian is Ogbi
The smartest Nigerian is Ogbi
Ogbi are the most deserving Nigerians
Ogbi are the best businessmen in Nigeria
Ogbi own Lagos
Ogbi owns Abuja
Ogbi owns..........,
Somebody better tell Heymaker and Shidibeer that the whole world is tired of their boasting.We should also apologize to South Africans ,we that live in the same country are tired of their drug dealing and general criminality. Of course people see them and say "Nigerians" but we know who they really are and are fed up too!

^^^Who da hell is 'Ogbi'!?

It never occurred to you that the xenophobic actions of those South Africans could have something to do with the tough economic situation in that country and widening gap between the haves and have-nots?; the same action has been meted out on Zimbabweans and Somalis, so don't try and make more out of the situation than is actually the case.

You say the whole world is tired of the 'Ogbis' boasting? If you attach much weight to their hinternet bragging to the extent that it riles you up like this, then it only goes to show how immature you are! Anyone could come up and say that they own 70% of my city/state and i'd just see it as someone 'catching their fun on the hinternet' grin and wouldn't give a flying fuc/k about said claim, especially if i knew what was actually obtainable......i'd only worry if there's some truth in what they're saying, and then i'd ask myself how my people can better measure up; but if i pick up a machete, gather a posse, and with chants of 'nzogbu nzobgu enyimba enyi' match down to the nearest dwellings of the people in question to sack the place, then it only goes to show who the loser actually is.

You say you're tired of the 'Ogbis' drug dealing and criminality? Cool! Now can we know your ethnicity lets see if we're about to discover the very first tribe of saints! Also, i'd take it that the 'Ogbis' are desirous to live in the same country as you and have never made their feelings known to the contrary......and if they have, i'm sure you and your ilk would have wished them goodbye with immediate alacrity!
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by omonnakoda: 7:29pm On Jun 05, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Who da hell is 'Ogbi'!?

It never occurred to you that the xenophobic actions of those South Africans could have something to do with the tough economic situation in that country and widening gap between the haves and have-nots?; the same action has been meted out on Zimbabweans and Somalis, so don't try and make more out of the situation than is actually the case.

You say the whole world is tired of the 'Ogbis' boasting? If you attach much weight to their hinternet bragging to the extent that it riles you up like this, then it only goes to show how immature you are! Anyone could come up and say that they own 70% of my city/state and i'd just see it as someone 'catching their fun on the hinternet' grin and wouldn't give a flying fuc/k about said claim, especially if i knew what was actually obtainable......i'd only worry if there's some truth in what they're saying, and then i'd ask myself how my people can better measure up; but if i pick up a machete, gather a posse, and with chants of 'nzogbu nzobgu enyimba enyi' match down to the nearest dwellings of the people in question to sack the place, then it only goes to show who the loser actually is.

You say you're tired of the 'Ogbis' drug dealing and criminality? Cool! Now can we know your ethnicity lets see if we're about to discover the very first tribe of saints! Also, i'd take it that the 'Ogbis' are desirous to live in the same country as you and have never made their feelings known to the contrary......and if they have, i'm sure you and your ilk would have wished them goodbye with immediate alacrity!

Who be Ogbi??
One man so....,

Him don carry am reach South Africa now make him settle with dem.Why e dey pain you na? Which one be my ethnicity inside.Go ask the South African people and the Kenyan people wetin Ogbi do dem?? Follow dem talk all that ya girama for South Africa.

When pikin begin do anyhow Na family member go call am another name outside people dey call am craze

Everybody know Ogbi naa. "the Greatest!!!

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by IGBOSON1: 8:20pm On Jun 05, 2013
omonnakoda:

Who be Ogbi??
One man so....,

Him don carry am reach South Africa now make him settle with dem.Why e dey pain you na? Which one be my ethnicity inside.Go ask the South African people and the Kenyan people wetin Ogbi do dem?? Follow dem talk all that ya girama for South Africa.

When pikin begin do anyhow Na family member go call am another name outside people dey call am craze

Everybody know Ogbi naa. "the Greatest!!!

^^^You've said nothing!

1 Like

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by omonnakoda: 8:30pm On Jun 05, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^You've said nothing!
You've said everything ,there is nothing more to say ..............,

1 Like

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by IGBOSON1: 10:37pm On Jun 05, 2013
omonnakoda:
You've said everything ,there is nothing more to say ..............,

^^^Thanks!
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by omonnakoda: 10:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Thanks!
don't mention you are truly great!!

1 Like

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by donodion(m): 10:09am On Jun 06, 2013
collynzo2: Ons is keelvol van jou ook. Fokof!
That's how to do it.Take their crappy kak and throw it right back in their faces.
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 06, 2013
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by MSEdLAW(m): 12:10am On Jun 09, 2013
prosperthonia: Even if iam 2 ‎be paid 50,000,000 just 2 visit S.A, i won't even try it. i wonder wh̶̲̥̅̊ǎ̜̣̍τ̣̣̥ is In dat sex addict country. grin
Abi oOoo... Ima mii.. Where in lagos do u stay? Inbox me details soo we can chat p2p.. Mikebassey@gmail.com
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 1:26am On Jun 09, 2013
collynzo2: Ons is keelvol van jou ook. Fokof!

Are you dealing in drugs?
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by londoner: 12:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
zetdee:

Are you dealing in drugs?

Why?

Are you wanting to make a purchase?

Please, please....say no to drugs!
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
Tony Spike:

CraigB or Bcraig, this should have been the end of all your posts and let the e-wars end as thus. To buttress your points, may I add the following?

1. The South African economy, needs more specially-skilled and professional hands in relevant fields, than unskilled hands.
2. Most of the Nigerians going to SA are majorly the not-so-skilled hands. This is very obvious if you've ever travelled to SA and boarded the plane with these guys
3. The South African system has a large army of unemployed (and perhaps, unskilled) youths and the stats are climbing up by the day.

From the above premises, isn't it obvious that majority of these migrant Nigerians will ultimately find themselves competing on the streets with a large army of unemployed locals? This is exactly the scenario of many Nigerians in SA. Like I earlier proposed, it is left for the Department of Home-Affairs (DHA) and the SA consulate(s) in Nigeria to yank off the undesirables in the system. With this, it will be a win-win situation for both Nigeria and SA - if and when this is done...
Did you just say yank off? Why don't SA use the resources available to turn these people into productive part of the society? The population of SA is indeed very small when compared to that of Nigeria. With huge resources it can be able to put these people to good use by giving the works and providing them education. In a developing society huge trained population can be a blessing all together.

For me, this your view is a little bit biased towards those who are unskilled while it is clear there is no single society that doesn't have them. It is the ability to put them into good use that really matters in this regard as to finding best solution.
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 25, 2013

1 Like

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Adamskuty(m): 11:45pm On Jun 25, 2013
Tumisang: Which part did you not get that >>> " The South African system has a large army of unemployed (and perhaps, unskilled) youths and the
stats are climbing up by the day." So what? Did we say we want our population to increase? And where do those "huge resource" come from, heaven? The only people that my govt should be concerning themselves with is our people and nobody else.
The best solution is for Nigeria to provide for his people.
Funny that you hate SA and SA(ns) with a passion yet you're on here wanting it to ease your burden. SA has 9-provinces and I'm sorry to have to tell you this but Nigeria is not one of them!
mumu how many nigerians are in ur stupid hiv country Like ur fellow southafricans ain't here infecting us with aids too Everywhere in lagos,u will see them doing all sort of crimes,prostitution especially...ewww!

And why are most unemployed and un-skilled southafricans black cheesy

and pls don't call them nigerians,majority of those people are igbos A.K.A biafrains,we nigerians will soon chase them out as well!
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 26, 2013

1 Like

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 12:30am On Jun 26, 2013
Adamskuty: mumu how many nigerians are in ur stupid hiv country Like ur fellow southafricans ain't here infecting us with aids too Everywhere in lagos,u will see them doing all sort of crimes,prostitution especially...ewww!

And why are most unemployed and un-skilled southafricans black cheesy

and pls don't call them nigerians,majority of those people are igbos A.K.A biafrains,we nigerians will soon chase them out as well!

Stop lying, there're no South Africans in Nigeria doing crime and prostitution.
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 1:35am On Jun 26, 2013
Tumisang:
Which part did you not get that >>> " The South African system has a large army of unemployed (and perhaps, unskilled) youths and the
stats are climbing up by the day."

So what? Did we say we want our population to increase? And where do those "huge resource" come from, heaven? The only people that my govt should be concerning themselves with its our people and nobody else!

The best solution is for Nigeria to provide for his people.
Funny that you hate SA with a passion yet you're on here wanting it to ease your burden. SA has 9-provinces...I'm sorry to have to tell you this but Nigeria is not one of them!
This is always the area South Africans lacked intelligence. The truth is that if you don't make good use of them they will make bad use of your country.

Keep living your fear of foreigners, your utmost xenophobic world, it won't help you.
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 2:41am On Jun 26, 2013
all4naija: This is always the area South Africans lacked intelligence. The truth is that if you don't make good use of them they will make bad use of your country.

Keep living your fear of foreigners, your utmost xenophobic world, it won't help you.
If you were intelligent at all. You would encourage your people to regroup and fight a system (Naija govt) that forces them to go live in other countries. Instead of supporting their cowardice move of running away from their problems.

Yet you want the same xenophobic country to help y'all. undecided
Are you okay, genius

1 Like

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 26, 2013
Tumisang: If you were intelligent at all. You would encourage your people to regroup and fight a system (Naija govt) that forces them to go live in other countries. Instead of supporting their cowardice move of running away from their problems.

Yet you want the same xenophobic country to help y'all. undecided
Are you okay, genius
No government system forces Nigerians to leave in other countries. It is clear you are very xenophobic in nature. Your country is quicked to accept far away continent of Asia, the Indians and Chinese, as part of your society yet your next door African neighbors are seen as not worth given the chance to live and be incorporated into scheme of things. Who are you now fooling? This is utter xenophobia. Nothing more.

I never asked for help, I only asked for better society and if you cannot see that in my comment then it means you are just one individual who refuses to reason beyond mere sentiment. Indeed, South Africans are xenophobic and it is very pronounced in your comments made so far.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (Reply)

Wizkid Drags Buhari And Trump On Twitter / INEC Declares Obaseki Winner Of Edo Governorship Election 2020 / Akpabio Names Senators, Reps Who Got Contracts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.