Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes (76223 Views)

‘we Need To Get Nigerians Out Of America – Donald Trump / Donald Trump To Chase Nigerians Out Of US / Cameroonian Soldiers Chase Nigerians Out Of Bakassi (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 30, 2013
If not for the corruption,and mess our leaders put us,I don't see going to SA as an accomplishment,they are too racist for my liking,and I pray jealousy do not kill them.

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by ifizi(m): 11:51pm On May 30, 2013
I studied in s.a, n I must confess d rate in which nigerians dere do drugs is very alarming, dere was a time I was ashamed to say am a nigerian, even my brother was involved in the act. Its very annoyin, I dnt blame d south africans, who nor go nor knw

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by butday(m): 11:51pm On May 30, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]...... Oga Jonah will soon chase MTN comot for Naija b dat na..... 1st comment ever on Nairaland
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by hoochay: 11:52pm On May 30, 2013
summary plz,hw do u expect me to read this long thing?
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by gothrones(m): 11:55pm On May 30, 2013
South Africans are racist? So they hate black people? If they are racist, why then are they targeting Nigerians? Nigerian is not a race.

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 30, 2013
I wish every Nigerian would leave that horrible place. I don"t understand why they can never act civilised towards other human beings. If ever South Africa gets into trouble one day, because of the way they have treated many countries that have helped them, they will surely be on their own. Wicked people.

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 30, 2013
Saying to South African police to provide protection for its citizens and foreigners by the consular is like talking to the rock of Gibraltar to get off the way for your boat to sail through. Those villains who tied a human being to a truck and dragged him to his death without their silly citizens doing anything about it are expected to protect foreigners. That is the biggest joke I have ever heard. When it is showing xenophobia towards the success of others Africans in their community they are quick to take primitive actions and steal the properties those foreigners worked for.

South African blacks are bunch of jealous jokes. I have been expecting news on their actions coming. More are on the way coming. The xenophobia and animosity in that society smell like the stench of a rancid egg.

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Krucifax(m): 12:00am On May 31, 2013
Rural South Africans are generally very Xenophobic(hate foreigners). They jump on any excuse to violate visitors in their midst. This is well documented historically. If it’s not Nigerians doing drugs, they will say it’s Zimbabweans taking their jobs, or Zambians doing to much business or Ethiopians being greedy.

This type of behaviour is seasonal in South Africa where locals go on a rampage, beating, looting and killing foreigners for one excuse or the other. It is a shame because all of us other Africans supported the South Africans when they were being crushed by apartheid and white racism in their country. Now the shoe is on the other foot and their fellow Africans are now scum. South Africans should be ashamed of themselves! See below for evidence of what i mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cwmXnT2eSo

http://www.bdlive.co.za/national/2013/05/13/xenophobia-in-south-africa-alive-five-years-after-riots

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2013/05/201352819949549745.html

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by gothrones(m): 12:00am On May 31, 2013
igbo_barbie: I wish every Nigerian would leave that horrible place. I don"t understand why they can never act civilised towards other human beings. If ever South Africa gets into trouble one day, because of the way they have treated many countries that have helped them, they will surely be on their own. Wicked people.

My sister, what if they are right? I have friends in SA who have never faced these problems all their lives. We can't just assume that our countrymen in SA are innocent of they charges levied against them; of course, we shouldn't assume that they are guilty either. In any case, we shouldn't make judgments until we have all the facts.

If SA was that bad, Nigerians would have abandoned the country, so there must be something there that they want.

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by AbuMikey(m): 12:00am On May 31, 2013
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 12:01am On May 31, 2013
Yomieluv: If not for the corruption,and mess our leaders put us,I don't see going to SA as an accomplishment,they are too racist for my liking,and I pray jealousy do not kill them.

Most Nigerians don't travel out of the country cos they are broke, They leave the country cos they want to 'travel out'. I've seen a person who resigned a well paid job, sold his property just to buy a ticket to 'travel out'. Only to become nuisance in another man's country. Nigerians have a huge pack of Inferiority complex in their DNA. I will always advise anyone; Instead of 'traveling out' to waste away your life, use your ticket money to start something out of your life. My 50 kobo

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 12:05am On May 31, 2013
zeem_bab: I work and live in J'borg. For some of us exparts living in SA, the burden of being a Nigerian is enormous. Simply because our kinsmen are at the fore front of drug dealing and many other social vices. Much that I condemn the act of these people, I think they have the right within the ambit of law to do whatever they deem neccesary to get rid of whatever constitute threat to their community.
--Ade lives in Sandton !
About half of South african males have commited rape.
You want to go on and condemn all Nigérians, yet claiming you are a Nigerian. does that mean you also condemn yourself ?
Surely you are not a drug dealer, but as you said you are a Nigerian. So is it right for South africans to come and loot your house ?
Since as you said they have every right to do so.
The Nigérians who were just chased out of their own houses were not drug dealers, their only crime was to be Nigérians.
So when the looters and the killers come to your house, I hope you welcome them verry well, that is if you were not telling a lie while saying you were a Nigerian.
I am a Nigerian and I do not deal drugs, my father does not and never did deal drugs.
Nobody in my familly deals drugs. I don't know any body related to me who deals drugs.
But if I set foot in South africa, I would be labelled "drug dealer". You have got yourself a dehumanisation, in other words: racism.

18 Likes

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 12:10am On May 31, 2013
gothrones:

My sister, what if they are right? I have friends in SA who have never faced these problems all their lives. We can't just assume that our countrymen in SA are innocent of they charges levied against them; of course, we shouldn't assume that they are guilty either. In any case, we shouldn't make judgments until we have all the facts.

If SA was that bad, Nigerians would have abandoned the country, so there must be something there that they want.
So you think rounding up all the Nigérians of the community might have been justified!
Can you listen to yourself ?
So all the Nigérians of the community are guilty ?
Listen, looting people homes is a crime, so the South africans commited a crime.
There is no justification for a crime.
One of the Nigérians was even beaten severly, and you are here defending the people who commited that crime !

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by 190: 12:13am On May 31, 2013

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 12:13am On May 31, 2013
speedyboi:

Most Nigerians don't travel out of the country cos they are broke, They leave the country cos they want to 'travel out'. I've seen a person who resigned a well paid job, sold his property just to buy a ticket to 'travel out'. Only to become nuisance in another man's country. Nigerians have a huge pack of Inferiority complex in their DNA. I will always advise anyone; Instead of 'traveling out' to waste away your life, use your ticket money to start something out of your life. My 50 kobo
either way u put you,people see it as an accomplishment once you are outside the shores of your country.I also buy your idea of starting something here,am not a fan of being a slave in the palace,I would rather be a king in my jungle.

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 12:15am On May 31, 2013
gothrones:

There is a way that they should conduct themselves. If someone is guilty and you have evidence then arrest them and go on from there. But vandalising property and chasing people from their homes is not right. What about the innocent people? What about the kids etc. It is not the right way to do something.

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 12:18am On May 31, 2013
A lot of South Africans especially the blacks are very intolerant not just towards Nigerians but people from other African countries as well. However we sef we need to address our own issues, honestly you wouldn't even want to associate with most of our people in SA. The general mentality seems to be that being a crimal shows you are smart, they even go around shamelessly flaunting their illegal money. I mean, you have to wonder why most African countries have a big problem with us. Unfortunately the actions of those crminal minded ones spoils things for the rest of us.

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 12:24am On May 31, 2013
Xenophobic attacks in South Africa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuUy0DLqpzI
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by zaibatsu(m): 12:27am On May 31, 2013
As usual we will keep trying to defend the indefensible. While the mob action by the South Africans was wrong, their greviances are genuine. Why can't we ever tell ourselves the unvarnished truth? A lot of Nigerians in SA are drug dealing scum plain and simple. How people make excuses for such sorry excuses for human beings is frankly beyond me.

At 9:52 minutes of the video below, could someone kindly tell me where that tall drug-dealing lout is from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZJ1w9-Umcw

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by maclatunji: 12:28am On May 31, 2013
zeem_bab: I work and live in J'borg. For some of us exparts living in SA, the burden of being a Nigerian is enormous. Simply because our kinsmen are at the fore front of drug dealing and many other social vices. Much that I condemn the act of these people, I think they have the right within the ambit of law to do whatever they deem neccesary to get rid of whatever constitute threat to their community.
--Ade lives in Sandton !

Nice place to live.
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 12:30am On May 31, 2013
Dumela!Im a proud Nigerian,lived and work in Gauteng for a decade.

Drug peddling is a common thing in Mzansi (S/Africa) Nigerians are not alone in the illicit biz,Mozambicans,Zimbabweans,Pakistanis and even locals do it.SAPS the police and other security agencies have been infiltrated by the cartels.

I have good South African friends,I see good Nigerians breaking new ground and doing legitimate business.

Stop the hating my South African brothers.Whom God has blessed no one can curse!

To Nigerians in South Africa, especially in yeoville and Hillbrow change your lifestlye,your actions bring shame to our dear country!

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 12:31am On May 31, 2013
tatiana009: A lot of South Africans especially the blacks are very intolerant not just towards Nigerians but people from other African countries as well. However we sef we need to address our own issues, honestly you wouldn't even want to associate with most of our people in SA. The general mentality seems to be that being a crimal shows you are smart, they even go around shamelessly flaunting their illegal money. I mean, you have to wonder why most African countries have a big problem with us. Unfortunately the actions of those crminal minded ones spoils things for the rest of us.
I as well ask my self what goes on with some Nigerian brains like yours.
So you saw a Nigerian who was a criminal in South Africa and then you deduced that all Nigérians in South africa were criminals and should be avoided and attacked by South africans. Do you know that yourself, you qualify ? So you think it is alright to attack you.
Let me guess: you are a woman ?
I have noticed that some Nigerian women think strangely.
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 12:32am On May 31, 2013
Yomieluv: either way u put you, people see it as an accomplishment once you are outside the shores of your country.I also buy your idea of starting something here,am not a fan of being a slave in the palace,I would rather be a king in my jungle.

@Bolded, Exactly my point! Even when their status has degraded drastically compared to what it used to be back home. It's all Complex issues and i really pity those who are desperate to travel abroad. Most times they end up from frying pan to fire. unemployment is a global issue. And they often forget the place is not like Nigeria where they can evade almost everything (Electricity bills, pipe-borne water bills, Tax, Rent etc), so they end up doing illegal stuffs since there's no job anywhere.....
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 12:32am On May 31, 2013
Where's Nadia SA? Honey you're my girl but bum gonna have to chase you out of nairaland kiss cheesy
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Krucifax(m): 12:33am On May 31, 2013
What utter rubbish! Are you an animal or do you live in the dark ages. It's your type of mentality that paints the picture of Africans being backward people.

Whatever their grievances genuine or not,there is no justification for jungle justice. People's properties have being either stolen or destroyed. People made homeless and sent to the hospital. Who made the locals judge,jury and executioner? Did they take the time to identify the guilty from the innocent? No one is making excuses like you are saying,we are condemning the criminality of the mob.

zaibatsu: As usual we will keep trying to defend the indefensible. While the mob action by the South Africans was wrong, their greviances are genuine. Why can't we ever tell ourselves the unvarnished truth? A lot of Nigerians in SA are drug dealing scum plain and simple. How people make excuses for such sorry excuses for human beings is frankly beyond me.

At 9:52 minutes of the video below, could someone kindly tell me where that tall drug-dealing lout is from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZJ1w9-Umcw

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 12:40am On May 31, 2013
Everybody is always looking for a way to paint Nigeria as 'bad'. Please the Nigerians living in SA or wherever, if you're being mistreated, return home n find jobs to do. What is it? Such stories annoy me, especially when your fellow country men are making alota money still in this country you're running from. Be hard working, have good business ideas, determined and disciplined about your business and you'd surely make it as well.
Please reconsider!

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 12:41am On May 31, 2013
patriot4:
I as well ask my self what goes on with some Nigerian brains like yours.
So you saw a Nigerian who was a criminal in South Africa and then you deduced that all Nigérians in South africa were criminals and should be avoided and attacked by South africans. Do you know that yourself, you qualify ? So you think it is alright to attack you.
Let me guess: you are a woman ?
I have noticed that some Nigerian women think strangely.

You do know you can disagree with someone and still be respectful right? It shows a strenght of character. Please read through my comment again and you would note that I stated that South Africans are largely intolerant. No one is making excuses for them however this is an oppourtunity to look inwards and address our problems. I'm not talking about meeting one criminal that is Nigerian but a situation in which a large percentage of Nigerians there are criminals. 1st time I wnet to SA, fellow Nigerians told me to avoid Nigerians! So imagine if we are scared of associating with our own people imagine how the reaction of others would be. No one is justifying what the South Africans did but we need to stop turning a blind eye to the fact that there must be a reason must of our fellow Africans do not like having Nigerians around. The same way you have decided to log Nigerian women together based on the comments of a few you may disagree with is the same way the bad experiences from some Nigerians gets the whole nation branded as criminals.

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 12:43am On May 31, 2013
REALITY101: Where's Nadia SA? Honey you're my girl but bum gonna have to chase you out of nairaland kiss cheesy

Haha
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by chelseabmw(m): 12:43am On May 31, 2013
Am in south Africa currently and i can tell you guys that 98% of Nigerians living in yeoville and Hillbrow are drug dealers.. And these places are dominated by Nigerians with no single south Africa citizen there.... sad

Out of twelve there is always Judas..... They should stop labeling Nigerians as bad people as all Nigerians are not bad

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 12:47am On May 31, 2013
Like it is play they are going to hunt down all African immigrants in that country like the way Apartheid regime hunted them in the past.

They are turning foreigners into hunting games in that society. The worse is yet to come very soon. They claimed to be civilized yet the opposite is just what we see of them. How will such hate solve the problem of their children narcotic use habit? It will only chased the innocent out of the community and bring in others who are not Nigerians, who can be better in the business to continue. They need to seat down and discuss the drug matter with the foreign communities on how to curb the menacing effects of illicit drug use and the kids bad habit, who are very anxious in using drug.

Blaming Nigerians for their kids drug habit is a bad thing to go about. It just the tip of the iceberg of the problem. How illicit drugs enter into that country should be the right place to start addressing the problem than making the lives of innocent Nigerians hell in that society.

South African blacks are barbaric!

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by gothrones(m): 12:47am On May 31, 2013
patriot4:
So you think rounding up all the Nigérians of the community might have been justified!
Can you listen to yourself ?
So all the Nigérians of the community are guilty ?
Listen, looting people homes is a crime, so the South africans commited a crime.
There is no justification for a crime.
One of the Nigérians was even beaten severly, and you are here defending the people who commited that crime !

You need to learn to read properly. Where did I say what happen might have been justified? We don't know the truth of what happened. We have only heard one side.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (47) (Reply)

Akpabio Names Senators, Reps Who Got Contracts / Governor Akeredolu And Ayodele Adigun In 1976 Vs 2020 (Photos) / Wizkid Drags Buhari And Trump On Twitter

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65