Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? (23449 Views)

Distribution Of Exotic Vehicles Divides Senators / SS/SE,If Nigeria Divides Today!Can You Vote Jonathan As The President Of Biafra. / If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SonOfEl(m): 12:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
mandarin: its disheartening that a topic of this magnitude could degenerate to ethnic bashings and e-rivalries. Rivalry between two southern Nigeria major ethnic groups(Yoruba&Igbo) is to the advantage of the Hausa people or the North and this will persist until there is a realization of this by leaders and youths of Southern ethnic groups.
To the original question of this thread, permit me to say that all of Nigeria will suffer to a certain degree if there is separation because Nigeria has inter dependent economic dynamics across its regions and present stability is achieved because regional groups see a common enemies.
The Niger Delta has abundant oil but also environmental challenges, violence and militancy.This may not abate and the chance of all the ethnic groups forming a country is very meager! There will be obvious tussling of power and fear of land claims destined for civil strife.it will probably be the most volatile region or country? may be there will be up to five countries there because Ijaw may have an ambition to drive a massive dominance. it will also face challenges from the Igbo who may want to forcefully claim the Ikwerre hence Porthacourt and Yoruba possibly looking at incorporation of Itsekiri and Edo in a confederacy that may even bring in other Delta groups who may likely foresee economic growth and stability with the west(it may not be as well). Emerging countries around the middle belt region will be so volatile and there may be decades of unending strife between Hausa in Kaduna and Plateau, Gombe and Bauchi, places around Nasarawa, ownership of FCT, and so on.The Hausa/Fulani will have an agro based economy and expect the country not to fare too badly although it may emerge as a world of the rich and poor in a wide gap but expect them to do better than say Niger or Chad.
Igbos may face a land problem if a whole lots of them chose to emigrate to their home land. Most igbos are traders and they need buyers to succeed and this may pose an initial decade long challenge which is the primary reason for their emigration today.But trust them to survive and make a country that will be middle income but with myriads of political and environmental challenges. This country will definitely need others to pick up and prosper more than all others. Any mass exodus of the Igbos out of the present Nigeria will set them back by decades and i trust many not to migrate.
The west or Yoruba has natural land area that is favorable for a country and a stream of educated and upwardly mobile population.With Lagos falling within their geographical region is a great plus while the availability of some crude oil can back the economy to pick up as soon as it starts and with its political advancement, it may be the country to quickly accelerate. Its population will still include plenty of Igbos that will stay put to do business and lots of Middle Beltans and Hausa that will migrate en masse into the new country.
So the question of who will suffer? The north will immediately face dried oil money and capital to fund their mass population, it will be very challenging. The East will face an equal problem though its oil will also flow but how to organize themselves will be a huge huge challenge but land and foods prices will skyrocket and can stiffen its economy except government do something about it but expect lots of civil strife on land and in area of politics.

England, switzerland, israel, luxembourg, etc have something in common, they are small in landmass but big in brain and cash. Their Secret? Economic cum technological ingenuity, and IGBOS have them in excess. Since the world will be watching us, we no go wan fall hand.
The west seems better in this stead and looks favored to be better organized but definitely all will experience serious challenges.

seems better...? Because of lagos and free edu? Lagos will be less of itself because of our mass exodus. Educated? We are too, if not more.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 05, 2013
eggheaders:

same old crap from the empty chest beaters. inasmuch as my folks dominate the coporate world speaks volume of your much touted ''igbo would progress in level playing field'' shyte talk. stop acting like the dumbass that you are yorubas don't business I told you to google my name and my business but your alaba made laptop don't have Google according to you. but to cure your ignorance Google the leading distributor of Unilever products in each geo- political zones and come back with your answer. even the Balogun women lace merchant ain't doing businesses, the ogbomosos and ejigbos dominating businesses in ivory coast is by connection too. the ever busy Dubai bound traders too are only going there for site seeing. lwkmd thought you lots owns lagos why is your cousin seeking accomodation from a yoruba man. couple of empty loud mouthed nitwits.

Unilever? U see, i know u must be working dat kind of company. The same non-Nigerian firms, where mediocrity is at its peak.

Can u compare Omo of today to dat of yest? Same goes to magarine, tooth paset, lux soap, etc. Ur ppl are simply non-innovative and too parochial. U ppl have spoilt everything . Same goes to P n G products.
Check out igbo exploits in pharmaceuticals, manufacturing n technology, nollywood,etc. I mean,dats how u knw ppl dat can start up a country. Diversification n not staying in one place receiving salaries, dats all

When u were 'priding' to the guy abt what u are , i expected u to show me a yoruba creation or yours but no, it must be one of d same old ,indigenized companies u didnt set up, which igbos mostly managed ab ignitio.

No advanced nation have dis make-up , left alone , d west wl just be like Zimbabwe.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 05, 2013
Son-Of-El:

seems better...? Because of lagos and free edu? Lagos will be less of itself because of our mass exodus. Educated? We are too, if not more.

leave dat misyarner. He said d west has has professors and so on, but d kyn professors are dormant/nominal in nigeria. Is it in Odua republic dey will become active n inventful? Does US,UK,etc even pride in professors dat sont bring anything to a nation.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 05, 2013
eggheaders:

should we start the digging. remember I know loads about alaigbo.

dig wat? U get liver o. U mean aside Lagos, u want to compare SW n SE? Capital for capital abi villages for villages?

How many SW non-capitals are on d world map , lets start from there.
Wat are u talking abt yoruba dubai merchants? Do u want to compare it to d magnitude of Aba merchants alone?
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by remarkD(m): 4:12pm On Jun 05, 2013
Come on, man. You don't owe that guy any apology whatsoever. Nadda! I mean, he didnt even acknowledge your humility in apologizing for what was clearly a free-for-all fight. In the opening pages of the thread, nobody asked for proof of anything when his fellow Yorubas were having a field day posting crap all over the place... but when a few Igbo posters and your humble self not only brought the rain down on their parade, but began sending them off the field one by one (lol Ijaw citizen ran away not being able to say even a word in Ijaw or state when Igbos stole their land; the cheerleaders that were chanting "We love this thread! We love this thread!!" were no where to be found... probably tried to go get a mod involved; and DK was reduced to one-liners) ... and that is when Gbawe the hypocrite felt he should intervene to save the oily behinds of his brothers, wanting to bring in "rules" into the e-fight by whining about what he believed to be lies (and the so called lies were reasonable questions our dear Ngozi posed; but in his brain, asking a question = making a negating statement).

Ironically, isnt that the kind of thing we see happening in the country today? in the past when they gave all the top posts to unqualified people just because they are the same ethnic group, and now if an Igbo person... competent or not (they wont even check) has Igbos employed, they start whining.

Buncha whiners... abeg make i hear word.
Balkan: Oya sorry, but tell your people not touch the tail of a lion. And also tell them not to be jealous it kills a nation. Remember how jealousy from joseph's siblings made Joseph become a king. You think you want to subdue an Igbo man that way, he will come out stronger
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by LondonX: 4:19pm On Jun 05, 2013
^^^^Inbred whiners calling other people whiners looool.

Anyway, are you an "Osu" or a "Diala?" looooool
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by ifechez: 4:26pm On Jun 05, 2013
London-X:
^^^^Are you alluding to those Nigerian graduates who write/think like dyslexic/down-syndrome patients? grin Hey, I saw the news on nl. grin grin grin grin

Also, I doubt the "Nwafors" are as useless as the ones on this forum. Are you sure most of you aren't "Osu's?" grin grin grin My boy whose surname is "Nwafor" is definitely a different breed from you lot. Well, the only time he has been to that part of the world was when his mum was killed over there. cry cry I guess that's why he's more Afrocentric and doesn't want nothing to do with people from there.

Anyway, I thought the psychotic behavioural pattern of you lot was only an online thing, till I listened to Radio Biafra London last weekend. grin grin grin The radio station is more or less a funeral station with lamentations, crying, whining, and blaming everyone else for their problems. grin grin grin I couldn't stop laughing - it seems it's a generational trait. grin grin grin

Let the comic relief begin - I'm bored, son!!! grin

hmmmm. you keep talking trash as always. hw one imposter has refused to come back home and that. but every Xmas there is always mass movement of Igbo from every part of the world to alaigbo. the best we have identify with us . the likes of ojukwus, okigbos, iwualas, achebes, nnajis, etc. so we care less of one efulefu you call nwafor. we are not in search of intellectuals in igbo cos they are numerous.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by topazjosh(m): 5:07pm On Jun 05, 2013
Aigbofa:

I guess this is what you get when you deliberately flatten a baby's head in order to achieve that famous look.
You inadvertently create a generation of brain damaged robots.
omg!
LMAO @aigbofa u harsh o
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by eggheaders(m): 8:33pm On Jun 05, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Unilever? U see, i know u must be working dat kind of company. The same non-Nigerian firms, where mediocrity is at its peak.

Can u compare Omo of today to dat of yest? Same goes to magarine, tooth paset, lux soap, etc. Ur ppl are simply non-innovative and too parochial. U ppl have spoilt everything . Same goes to P n G products.
Check out igbo exploits in pharmaceuticals, manufacturing n technology, nollywood,etc. I mean,dats how u knw ppl dat can start up a country. Diversification n not staying in one place receiving salaries, dats all

When u were 'priding' to the guy abt what u are , i expected u to show me a yoruba creation or yours but no, it must be one of d same old ,indigenized companies u didnt set up, which igbos mostly managed ab ignitio.

No advanced nation have dis make-up , left alone , d west wl just be like Zimbabwe.

as usual your ever shyte spewing post Unilever crap?? only company second to only nestle in household goods in the whole nation I would'nt except an nkpor blockhead like you to know that. fyi I don't work for no one get that into your grey matter. I only told y'all simpletons to google the biggest distributors of unilever and nestle product to see which ethnic group dominates it to shut up y"all business acumen bullshit talks. what all this crap igbos manage shyte before the civil war whoever virus your chicken brain really did a good job into turning you to a zombie. your progenitors keep spinning up generational lies for y'all when my peeps were going to england pre independent to get education your peeps are in the village acting out the scenes of things fall apart. how come this illiterates will control any serious company. nollywood is mediocre for yorubas to wanna tag along with those sort of shyte. how many of those crap match up with any of tunde kelani, fola afoloyan and mainframe works. damn west will turnout Zimbabwe you must be kidding me even with the crap nigeria system your enclave is no match.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by eggheaders(m): 8:40pm On Jun 05, 2013
ngozievergreen:

dig wat? U get liver o. U mean aside Lagos, u want to compare SW n SE? Capital for capital abi villages for villages?

How many SW non-capitals are on d world map , lets start from there.
Wat are u talking abt yoruba dubai merchants? Do u want to compare it to d magnitude of Aba merchants alone?

let start the digging girl in anambra nothing is happening outside onitsha, akwa and part of nnewi while ogun gat shagamu, abeokuta, Ota, agbara, ifo and ewekoro . enugu gat only enugu metropolis and nnuska , oyo gat Ibadan, oyo ,ogbomoso. do you want more.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 06, 2013
eggheaders:

let start the digging girl in anambra nothing is happening outside onitsha, akwa and part of nnewi while ogun gat shagamu, abeokuta, Ota, agbara, ifo and ewekoro . enugu gat only enugu metropolis and nnuska , oyo gat Ibadan, oyo ,ogbomoso. do you want more.

oyo, ibadan, sagamu, ogbomosho, ota?? Pls, I didnt ask for the list of shanty towns in Nig . Agbara? Does d presence of an industrial estate of mainly indigenised firms mean it isnt shanty?

2 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by sweetfreshboy(m): 5:42pm On Jun 06, 2013
Visit { www.moneydispenser.webs.com} for how to earn cool cash online from Nigeria!!!
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by eggheaders(m): 5:46pm On Jun 06, 2013
ngozievergreen:

oyo, ibadan, sagamu, ogbomosho, ota?? Pls, I didnt ask for the list of shanty towns in Nig . Agbara? Does d presence of an industrial estate of mainly indigenised firms mean it isnt shanty?

you just confirmed to me you have not step outside the niger bridge. if those towns are shanties then what should onitsha and aba be called??
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2013
eggheaders:

as usual your ever shyte spewing post Unilever crap?? only company second to only nestle in household goods in the whole nation I would'nt except an nkpor blockhead like you to know that. fyi I don't work for no one get that into your grey matter. I only told y'all simpletons to google the biggest distributors of unilever and nestle product to see which ethnic group dominates it to shut up y"all business acumen bullshit talks. what all this crap igbos manage shyte before the civil war whoever virus your chicken brain really did a good job into turning you to a zombie. your progenitors keep spinning up generational lies for y'all when my peeps were going to england pre independent to get education your peeps are in the village acting out the scenes of things fall apart. how come this illiterates will control any serious company. nollywood is mediocre for yorubas to wanna tag along with those sort of shyte. how many of those crap match up with any of tunde kelani, fola afoloyan and mainframe works. damn west will turnout Zimbabwe you must be kidding me even with the crap nigeria system your enclave is no match.

1) we are saying same tnz, u ppl merely receive salaries working as distributors in indigenised firms. Its too parochial of u, n i must tell u its nothing to brag abt. And it doesnt even have anything to do with business sense sef.

So, if not for d fact d igbos there were displaced to allow u in in d 70's, yorubas wl just be jobless today. Cos dats 70's job secured for u by Awolowo, n u are stl doing d same job today, no new creation plus u didnt even create d job your self. U see, ur ppl just go to sch n cum back adding nothing to d nation. Dats not d aim of education.

2) Go n ask ur parents or older relatives, or better still, browse it. Before d war, igbos dominated in army, bereaucracy n commerce in all nigerian regions n in all capacities. Y were d pioneer top lecturers n first VCs of UI igbos? So, who was more 'pre-independence' educated? Y did u think Zik got d liver to contest n win in d western region then?

3) yeah, y did Olu jacobs n Omotola join igbo nollywood series. U think if dey had entered yoruba tnz, dey would be dis rich n popular? D mainstream nollywood d world knows is d igbo owned n managed nollywood.

Y were yoruba producers blaming d non popularity of yoruba films on igbo marketers? Saying we dont do a good job on ur films unlike ours. So,una no know how to do business yourselves? U just lack acumen .

Let me tell u, Awolowo spotted una nature and discovered dat u wouldnt go any far in Nig if nothing aggressive was done for u. Dats y he was so tribalistic..............

5 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by pacioti: 9:10pm On Jun 06, 2013
ngozievergreen:

1) we are saying same tnz, u ppl merely receive salaries working as distributors in indigenised firms. Its too parochial of u, n i must tell u its nothing to brag abt. And it doesnt even have anything to do with business sense sef.

So, if not for d fact d igbos there were displaced to allow u in in d 70's, yorubas wl just be jobless today. Cos dats 70's job secured for u by Awolowo, n u are stl doing d same job today, no new creation plus u didnt even create d job your self. U see, ur ppl just go to sch n cum back adding nothing to d nation. Dats not d aim of education.

2) Go n ask ur parents or older relatives, or better still, browse it. Before d war, igbos dominated in army, bereaucracy n commerce in all nigerian regions n in all capacities. Y were d pioneer top lecturers n first VCs of UI igbos? So, who was more 'pre-independence' educated? Y did u think Zik got d liver to contest n win in d western region then?

3) yeah, y did Olu jacobs n Omotola join igbo nollywood series. U think if dey had entered yoruba tnz, dey would be dis rich n popular? D mainstream nollywood d world knows is d igbo owned n managed nollywood.

Y were yoruba producers blaming d non popularity of yoruba films on igbo marketers? Saying we dont do a good job on ur films unlike ours. So,una no know how to do business yourselves? U just lack acumen .

Let me tell u, Awolowo spotted una nature and discovered dat u wouldnt go any far in Nig if nothing aggressive was done for u. Dats y he was so tribalistic..............
classical
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by T8ksy(m): 9:13pm On Jun 06, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Proof please!!!
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 6:10am On Jun 07, 2013
T8ksy:

Proof please!!!

Read please!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by eggheaders(m): 6:54am On Jun 07, 2013
ngozievergreen:

stop acting dumb Google the meaning of distribution. I dont know of indiginization policies that still make british own their companies and serious business men distributing the products including igbos. don't act like only your folks create companies Glo, mainone, gtb ,wema group and countless other ain't yours. so stop giving us this you dominate bullshit lines the only time you guys were tops was when Ironsi was prexy. loss of igbos act in yoruba movies too mercy aigbe and other comes to mind am not a fan of Nigerian movies so I dont know their names and all that. outside igodo which of your many movies is in the class of saworoide and figurine and other mainframe productions. zik winnng in the west only shows how sophisticated yorubas are politically the same way we gave you guys a commissioner in lagos which you lots can never dream of doing in your enclave.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by revolt(m): 7:47am On Jun 07, 2013
Son-Of-El:

I'd have to fault you on that! Mass exodus of igbos will not cripple the east in anyway! You must realise the moment calabar port and the ports in ph become reestablished, LAgos will n ipoint WILL go down. Calabar will become metropolitan with influx of nwafors. If they decide to tow the igbophobic line ( almost impossible now they've opened their eyes) portharcourt dully serve as an emerging port! Speaking of organising ourselves don't forget the bulk of nigerians that fixed our only viable sectors seem to be nwafors! Your lot handled it for years and destroyed it. Don't use lagos successes to judge the future cos a lot of factors need to be considered, which includes the nmonopoly of an operational seaport in naija, status of federal capital wth a heavy investment in federal structures, the spiral effect is most of the trading populace would like to get access to goods whch explains igbo presence, thus more ppl to tax (a frnd of mine in LIRS revealed tht what LSG declares is like half of wht they make! The rest is embezzled, in essence fashola evn has more money than akpabio, but wht do we see - aside a few shabby roads the big projects r still funded by the masses. After the break the west will surely feel the impact of competing wth other ports! Need I tell u the outcome of ppl tht need quota system n suvsidyz? The east like 1st republic may spend a few months struggln wif reorganisation n reunions but wen developmnt enters full gear, There's no stoppin them.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by revolt(m): 7:52am On Jun 07, 2013
^^^ misquote! Was replyn to mandarins postulations
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by mandarin: 11:14am On Jun 07, 2013
revolt: I'd have to fault you on that! Mass exodus of igbos will not cripple the east in anyway! You must realise the moment calabar port and the ports in ph become reestablished, LAgos will n ipoint WILL go down. Calabar will become metropolitan with influx of nwafors. If they decide to tow the igbophobic line ( almost impossible now they've opened their eyes) portharcourt dully serve as an emerging port! Speaking of organising ourselves don't forget the bulk of nigerians that fixed our only viable sectors seem to be nwafors! Your lot handled it for years and destroyed it. Don't use lagos successes to judge the future cos a lot of factors need to be considered, which includes the nmonopoly of an operational seaport in naija, status of federal capital wth a heavy investment in federal structures, the spiral effect is most of the trading populace would like to get access to goods whch explains igbo presence, thus more ppl to tax (a frnd of mine in LIRS revealed tht what LSG declares is like half of wht they make! The rest is embezzled, in essence fashola evn has more money than akpabio, but wht do we see - aside a few shabby roads the big projects r still funded by the masses. After the break the west will surely feel the impact of competing wth other ports! Need I tell u the outcome of ppl tht need quota system n suvsidyz? The east like 1st republic may spend a few months struggln wif reorganisation n reunions but wen developmnt enters full gear, There's no stoppin them.

You talked with so much certainly and you decided to close your eyes to the reality of prevailing challenges and all possible challenges. You failed to looked at your land such influx population from all over Nigeria will immediately create land problem and political challenges. Did you ever talked about that? and what about a situation of Niger Delta claiming the city of Porthacourt or the Ikwerre saying no to the Igbo country?
I do not support your view of Lagos becoming a ghost town if Igbos emigrate,vacuums created by Igbos will be filled up by other people, offices occupied by Igbos will be taken up by others.Besides i do not even believe many igbos share your sentiments just like me, believe me, millions of igbos will remain in the west for a long time some permanently.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by revolt(m): 11:46am On Jun 07, 2013
mandarin:

You talked with so much certainly and you decided to close your eyes to the reality of prevailing challenges and all possible challenges. You failed to looked at your land such influx population from all over Nigeria will immediately create land problem and political challenges. Did you ever talked about that? and what about a situation of Niger Delta claiming the city of Porthacourt or the Ikwerre saying no to the Igbo country?
I do not support your view of Lagos becoming a ghost town if Igbos emigrate,vacuums created by Igbos will be filled up by other people, offices occupied by Igbos will be taken up by others.Besides i do not even believe many igbos share your sentiments just like me, believe me, millions of igbos will remain in the west for a long time some permanently.
but even if a lot of ma igbo folks stay back in the west which will no doubt hapn, the emergence of new ports will surely dwindle lagos resources n bring about an econommmic boom in the east. May I ask if uve been to PH? I don't fathom hw ikwerres will reject an eastern country or prefer to go with the ijaws! Truth be told is SS-SE alliance is inevitable! The highest they'll demand is to control the seat of govt which igbos as shown by the present dispensation can decide to cede to a minority. Tht alliance tho shaky right now, is waxing stronger, but the fear of 1 Nigeria is greater trust me, our country will b unmatched technologically educationally n comerciall. Plus wed also have surrogates in the west ie those of us tht will still remain to do biz dere but return every Xmas to celebrate wif us!!
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SmartTalk: 11:51am On Jun 07, 2013
mandarin:

All this talk of all Igbo returning to the East is ridiculous. And the talk of the Igbo "forcibly" incorporating the Ikwerre is laughable. We would not accept any part of the Niger Delta that do not confirm their willingness to join the Biafran federation by referendum. My framework on inclusion in the Biafran federation, which is open to reasonable modification, is in the statement linked below:

www.nairaland.com/1155411/tribal-war-noise-making#13830349

The purpose of Biafra is not having a physical space meant "exclusively" for Igbo. We are not like Adaka Boro who asked for a separate land exclusively for Ijaw. That system never works. The main purpose of Biafra is security. That is the raison d'être of any proper nation state. Security within our borders and protection of our interests outside our borders. Have all the Jews returned to Israel? No! You even still have Jews in Germany. But now, with the Jewish nation state, it would be very difficult for any European state to maim Jews like they have always done in the past, even long before the Holocaust. So of course the Igbo would settle down across what used to be Nigeria. It is in Biafran interest that that happens. How do you expect to develop a spy network and cultural and trade ties if all the Igbo return to the East. But we would be free to demonstrate to other African countries that "federal character" and other legal means of discrimination is not the way to develop a world class economy. Meritocracy and hard work would be Biafran touchstones against which public policy is made and we would also demonstrate that having huge land area like Russia would not make you richer than Singapore which is smaller that Amuwo Odofin local government in Lagos and whose population is about the size of Lagos. That is the future of Africa, that is God's own country, Biafra.

revolt: but even if a lot of ma igbo folks stay back in the west which will no doubt hapn, the emergence of new ports will surely dwindle lagos resources n bring about an econommmic boom in the east. May I ask if uve been to PH? I don't fathom hw ikwerres will reject an eastern country or prefer to go with the ijaws! Truth be told is SS-SE alliance is inevitable! The highest they'll demand is to control the seat of govt which igbos as shown by the present dispensation can decide to cede to a minority. Tht alliance tho shaky right now, is waxing stronger, but the fear of 1 Nigeria is greater trust me, our country will b unmatched technologically educationally n comerciall. Plus wed also have surrogates in the west ie those of us tht will still remain to do biz dere but return every Xmas to celebrate wif us!!

@bolded
No way,bob. Biafra would not tolerate such nonsensical demands. Anyone wanting any position MUST EARN IT. We cannot be better than Nigeria we we behave like Nigerians. No more quota rubbish. And besides, why treat the Niger Delta as one entity? Do they see themselves as one entity? It is a recent contraption. We must approach them differently. And they must conduct referendums based on units like states or local government areas. While Ijaw areas might give such ridiculous conditions if they allow Dokubo and other irredentists to be their advocates, Cross River,Akwa Ibom, Ogoni, etc will be more reasonable. It is foolish to lump them all together. When America was looking for allies in the Eastern hemisphere during the Cold War, did they lump all Communist countries together? No! They approached China as soon as they knew of a disagreement between China and Russia. Biafra must only accept in their fold members that believe in fair play and hardwork not handouts.

2 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
eggheaders:

stop acting dumb Google the meaning of distribution. I dont know of indiginization policies that still make british own their companies and serious business men distributing the products including igbos. don't act like only your folks create companies Glo, mainone, gtb ,wema group and countless other ain't yours. so stop giving us this you dominate bullshit lines the only time you guys were tops was when Ironsi was prexy. loss of igbos act in yoruba movies too mercy aigbe and other comes to mind am not a fan of Nigerian movies so I dont know their names and all that. outside igodo which of your many movies is in the class of saworoide and figurine and other mainframe productions. zik winnng in the west only shows how sophisticated yorubas are politically the same way we gave you guys a commissioner in lagos which you lots can never dream of doing in your enclave.

O di egwu.

1) u dont knw abt indigenization policies?? So ,y did u reply me. U do ur research before asking a teacher a question so that u dont sound totally dumb n ignorant.

2) D first exported nigerian movies are even igbo spoken ones that were subtitled in English. Demand from other african countries made them go english. The igbo-spoken Living in Bondage is d best/first breakthrough outside Nigeria.
Now, since u ppl started making yoruba movies, how far has it gone outside yoruba Circles? Because dat shi!t wl nt sell here, not from d 'plays' they do in d name of 'movies' on African magic-yoruba . And dont even ask me abt world class igbo movies because they are so many minus of course, those ones dat talk abt romance and royalty- i hate dem myself.

3) u think i wl clap for Lagos govt for making an igbo commissioner for Planning n Budget. Mtchew, since Tinubu said Lagos is 42 percent Igbos,(instead of 52 percent sef) , d constitution of Lagos govt parastatals shd also be 42 percent igbos, knowing they contribute more GDP to Lagos dan Individual yorubas(dont argue it, pls)
N y should we make a yoruba a commissioner in Igboland? So, After watching u destroy civil service n render govt properties n assets redundant( Former Nepa, Nig airways, Railways, Coal corporation, NiPost, NITEL, leventis,JohnHolt), we should appoint u to cum n do d same tnz here? Inasmuch as we have some bad eggs, badder eggs wont be entertained. Chukwu aju!
If u r sophiscated as u said, y did Awolowo steal d post from Zik and told d yorubas to become more tribally conscious, else dey get swallowed by igbos? D same Awo started moving d motion for displacing igbo top officials from UI before d war finally answered his prayers. So much for sophiscation.

I wl advise u to stop arguing with me, cos u dont even have info. As far as dis topic is concerned, your thoughts will continue to be dead on arrival. Plus,u never answered any of my questions.
Lets st

2 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Malawian(m): 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
Ola Johnson: The "Jews" here are bereft of what will befall them should Nigeria breaks up. All their business enterprises outside the SE will quickly be nationalized. Unu a magi inhe unu ne ku. Ndo unu.
you mean like awolowo nationalised british business and gave to you guys to run aground?

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
revolt: but even if a lot of ma igbo folks stay back in the west which will no doubt hapn, the emergence of new ports will surely dwindle lagos resources n bring about an econommmic boom in the east. May I ask if uve been to PH? I don't fathom hw ikwerres will reject an eastern country or prefer to go with the ijaws! Truth be told is SS-SE alliance is inevitable! The highest they'll demand is to control the seat of govt which igbos as shown by the present dispensation can decide to cede to a minority. Tht alliance tho shaky right now, is waxing stronger, but the fear of 1 Nigeria is greater trust me, our country will b unmatched technologically educationally n comerciall. Plus wed also have surrogates in the west ie those of us tht will still remain to do biz dere but return every Xmas to celebrate wif us!!

i prefer those South southerners staying on dier own n igbos doing d same tnz. Every ethnic grp in Nig is afraid of igbo domination, dats even wat has shaped d history of dis nation. I dont see how we shd go and create a 'mini-Nigeria' somewhere.
Wat are we even going with dem for? O kwa maka crude oil? If d one in Abia, Imo n anambra wont be enuf , den let it be. Igbos in Nig has shown to be able to succeed without crude oil

Again, y would dey want to control d seat of govt? Ara o na-apu ha?
Dose ikwerres dont knw wat dey did to demselves in d early 70's. Cos dey wl keep having identity problems everywhere dey go. If dey join igbos, dey wl always be reminded of their sins, directly and indirectly. If dey join other SS groups, dat is even where their problems will start, cos other southerners will keep seeing dem as igbo.

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by T8ksy(m): 9:51pm On Jun 07, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Read please!!!

Read wetin? You claimed zik contest and won election in western nigeria. when i asked for proof, i meant show us the election result that clearly shows that zik won the said election. Or is that too much to ask for?
Or maybe you don't have any proof but that doesn't stop you and your fellow co-travellers in the bus of make-believes and distortion from propagating such spurious tales. Oh well, won't be the first time.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by revolt(m): 11:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
ngozievergreen:

i prefer those South southerners staying on dier own n igbos doing d same tnz. Every ethnic grp in Nig is afraid of igbo domination, dats even wat has shaped d history of dis nation. I dont see how we shd go and create a 'mini-Nigeria' somewhere.
Wat are we even going with dem for? O kwa maka crude oil? If d one in Abia, Imo n anambra wont be enuf , den let it be. Igbos in Nig has shown to be able to succeed without crude oil

Again, y would dey want to control d seat of govt? Ara o na-apu ha?
Dose ikwerres dont knw wat dey did to demselves in d early 70's. Cos dey wl keep having identity problems everywhere dey go. If dey join igbos, dey wl always be reminded of their sins, directly and indirectly. If dey join other SS groups, dat is even where their problems will start, cos other southerners will keep seeing dem as igbo.
I must fault u again.in politics There's no permanent frnd or foe but interrst, if were to em$erge as am African power block we need a heterogeneous society, a homogenous society can nvr be better than the latter. The Ss are minority and thus also hve their fears, which we must allay.we need population by implication a bigger market we can't throw all these away cos of sentiments.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by nuclearboy(m): 7:42am On Jun 08, 2013
NIGERIA WON'T DIVIDE!

What people should fight for is regions and a smaller central government!

And all the "I am better than you" "No you are beneath me" is so irritating! You are all better than yourselves yet one man who is not even amongst both your tribes has excelled more than ANY Igbo in Nigeria's History in TRADING and more than ANY Yoruba in Nigeria's history in Manufacturing!

Does it not shame all you "we are better" people that what you call dregs (aboki) has kept quiet and shown you what a sensible non-boastful hardworking person can do?

Or the man-hours you waste coming here to insult people that are NOT your tribe simply by virtue of Biology, could be better used actually making a difference?

Abeg - this is idiotic, childish and totally irritating! I wonder where sexkillz that was making noise is now with all this rubbish going on
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 08, 2013
nuclearboy: NIGERIA WON'T DIVIDE!

What people should fight for is regions and a smaller central government!

And all the "I am better than you" "No you are beneath me" is so irritating! You are all better than yourselves yet one man who is not even amongst both your tribes has excelled more than ANY Igbo in Nigeria's History in TRADING and more than ANY Yoruba in Nigeria's history in Manufacturing!

Does it not shame all you "we are better" people that what you call dregs (aboki) has kept quiet and shown you what a sensible non-boastful hardworking person can do?

Or the man-hours you waste coming here to insult people that are NOT your tribe simply by virtue of Biology, could be better used actually making a difference?

Abeg - this is idiotic, childish and totally irritating! I wonder where sexkillz that was making noise is now with all this rubbish going on

dont tell me u are talking about Dangote. Cos if my kind of person becomes nigerian president, he wl go to his level
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 08, 2013
revolt: I must fault u again.in politics There's no permanent frnd or foe but interrst, if were to em$erge as am African power block we need a heterogeneous society, a homogenous society can nvr be better than the latter. The Ss are minority and thus also hve their fears, which we must allay.we need population by implication a bigger market we can't throw all these away cos of sentiments.

population? Are u listening to yourself? Populations for wat? Btw, is igbo not d most populous ethnic grp? SS can becum anoda country and we engage in trade relations with them.

Let me tell u, d igbos have a lot of complexities n diversities to deal with already, adding SS will just complicate issues and such issues hinder progress
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by nuclearboy(m): 8:15am On Jun 08, 2013
ngozievergreen:
Yorubas are unsupercede in manufacturing wat Just go and sit down

Go back to primary school and at least brush up your English, your half baked dolt!

Anyone with half a brain would know what I meant was that Dangote surpasses both idiotic sides in EVERYTHING. And before you come back with "education", tell me what your education has done for you when with it, all of you keyboard warriors are no more than barbaric children, beating your chests over the accomplishments of your forebears, who would be ashamed to see their half-literate children making noise rather than bettering themselves!

Ojukwu will NEVER be forgotten. Awolowo will NEVER be forgotten! You are DOA even while alive yet glorifying in tribalism rather than accomplishments.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

S/West PDP Leaders Ask Jonathan For Speaker’s Post / Protesters In Support Of Saraki Storm Senate (Photos) / Army Repels Boko Haram Terrorists Incursion Into Ngala IDP Camp (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.