Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? (23450 Views)

Distribution Of Exotic Vehicles Divides Senators / SS/SE,If Nigeria Divides Today!Can You Vote Jonathan As The President Of Biafra. / If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by rosebowl01(m): 11:50pm On Jun 03, 2013
Thank you revolt for stating a point without pouring so much emotions into it. People, take it easy, life does not begin nor end here. Online chesting beating earns you nothing in real life but hypertension.
revolt: Hmmmm loads of bland comments here! But 2 b quite lucid I fink the igbo points need more statistical back up to authenticate their claims while the yorubas seem to take this rather brashly it should b noted tht this is a cyber foruM thus no need 4 the hysteria! I fink in line with the topic both regions wouldn't fare so badly, with significant notice to the fact tht while the SE could dvlop homogeneously, the SW would neeed to be heterogeneous .
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by saipn: 6:08am On Jun 04, 2013
@son of hell it shows how foolish you are but i don't need to drag words with u
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by ifechez: 6:24am On Jun 04, 2013
saipn: @son of hell it shows how foolish you are but i don't need to drag words with u

your own foolishness is alarming. worse than his.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SonOfEl(m): 6:54am On Jun 04, 2013
saipn: @son of hell it shows how foolish you are but i don't need to drag words with u

go to hell lowlife. Who is son of HELL on this thread? Anyway, at least its not mine.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Willywilly4: 6:58am On Jun 04, 2013
Lagos: Police arraign three human parts dealers

by Sharon Oremichen

The suspects

The Lagos State Police Command on Thursday arraigned three alleged human parts sellers - Ajibade Rafiu 30; Fatai Akiwowo 30; and Agboola Kolawole - before an Ikeja Magistrate's Court.

PUNCH Metro had reported on May 22, 2013 that four men were paraded at the command headquarters for exhuming and selling human parts.

They were arraigned on three counts of unlawful possession of human parts, exhuming human corpses and being in possession of human heads and palms.

The charge sheet read in part, "That you (accused persons) and others at large between the months of January and May 2013, within the hours of 6pm and 6am at Alakuko areas in the Lagos Magisterial District, did conspire among yourselves to commit felony to wit: Possession of human parts and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 409 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State of Nigeria 2011.

"That you (accused persons) and others at large, did without lawful justification or excuse, unlawfully, improperly and indecently interfered, exhumed and dealt in human parts and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 163(b) of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State of Nigeria 2011."

The accused persons pleaded not guilty to the charge.

The magistrate, Mrs. Ipaye Nwachukwu, granted them bail in the sum of N500,000 and two responsible sureties, who must also present a three-year tax clearance.

The matter was adjourned till July 17, 2013.

Meanwhile, PUNCH Metro learnt that the fourth suspect, Kazeem Sanni, was not charged to court because investigations were still being carried out into his case.

The suspects had said while being paraded that they sold human heads for N8,000, hands for N4,000 and private part for N6,000.

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SonOfEl(m): 7:26am On Jun 04, 2013
rosebowl01: Thank you revolt for stating a point without pouring so much emotions into it. People, take it easy, life does not begin nor end here. Online chesting beating earns you nothing in real life but hypertension.

see hypocrite. You are one of those raping the integrity of igbos and now you are acting mother theresa. Get out of here.

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Balkan(m): 12:56pm On Jun 04, 2013
eggheaders:

the one your folks didn't get that makes oil multinationals not deem them fit for employment and makes you lot whine like adult babies.
you sound so incoherent all your submission in this thread. I have made you to realise how mediocrity and tribalism in you people have made you dregs lazy. Unfortunately oyibo man is not interested in local politics and power play in the office. You are right to so that Yorubas are more found in corporate organistios more than any tribe. Head of most human resources in all the oil companies are Yorubas good.

What is the population of Ngeria? Let's agree all employees of all the oil companies are Yorubas, what percentage does it represent in the whole business and economic activity in Nigeria. Lazy cowards that are afraid of competition. We don't care about that, most Igbo are employers of labour not employees. With all these positions you claim in the oil firms, how has it helped you and your tribes man.

You guys will never cease to amuse me. Its a fact that you can never beat any Igbo man in any intellectual activity cos you guys are too lazy to work. Always like to be spoon fed. Poor hopeless and jealous bunch of dregs.

My cousin was looking for a house last year and went to see the landlord who happens to be a an oil soup man, he bluntly told him he does not want Igbo man, the guy has another house within the same magodo. I laughed on Sunday when I saw "TO LET" sign still vacant after 8 months. Very funny set of tribe. Let me see the oil soup man that can afford that rent if his company is not the one paying.

I really pity you guys.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SailorXY: 1:45pm On Jun 04, 2013
Balkan: you sound so incoherent all your submission in this thread. I have made you to realise how mediocrity and tribalism in you people have made you dregs lazy. Unfortunately oyibo man is not interested in local politics and power play in the office. You are right to so that Yorubas are more found in corporate organistios more than any tribe. Head of most human resources in all the oil companies are Yorubas good.

What is the population of Ngeria? Let's agree all employees of all the oil companies are Yorubas, what percentage does it represent in the whole business and economic activity in Nigeria. Lazy cowards that are afraid of competition. We don't care about that, most Igbo are employers of labour not employees. With all these positions you claim in the oil firms, how has it helped you and your tribes man.

You guys will never cease to amuse me. Its a fact that you can never beat any Igbo man in any intellectual activity cos you guys are too lazy to work. Always like to be spoon fed. Poor hopeless and jealous bunch of dregs.

My cousin was looking for a house last year and went to see the landlord who happens to be a an oil soup man, he bluntly told him he does not want Igbo man, the guy has another house within the same magodo. I laughed on Sunday when I saw "TO LET" sign still vacant after 8 months. Very funny set of tribe. Let me see the oil soup man that can afford that rent if his company is not the one paying.

I really pity you guys.
grin grin lmao
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 04, 2013
Ola Johnson:
You are anuofia. When did you come to town? Ibadan is great centre of learning. It houses the premier university; the first olympic sized stadium in Africa; the first TV station in Africa; the first skyscrapper in Nigeria: cocoa house.

u forgot d highest concentration of poverty stricken indigenes, destitutes, mud houses(even in capital bikonu!), red zinc everywhere, very old houses.

How can u even be boasting of d same old tnz for ibadan, that means u ppl are either non-progressives or very poor. All these tnz u keep mentioning are govt-provided through Awolowo.
I smell individual poverty.

How many SE capitals are the way they were even just 10yrs ago? Nawa o

2 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 04, 2013
eggheaders:

if coming to Ibadan today and leaving on Friday means living there in your iwo road tiles selling brain then I bow for your retar*dness. Ibadan still beat 4 out of your five eastern state except enugu. the I know the a-z of ibadan didn't know there is an estate at the back of immigration office. this shows you have been lying since on this thread.

keep deceiving yourself, u hear?
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 04, 2013
Willywilly4:
Lagos: Police arraign three human parts dealers

by Sharon Oremichen

The suspects

The Lagos State Police Command on Thursday arraigned three alleged human parts sellers - Ajibade Rafiu 30; Fatai Akiwowo 30; and Agboola Kolawole - before an Ikeja Magistrate's Court.

PUNCH Metro had reported on May 22, 2013 that four men were paraded at the command headquarters for exhuming and selling human parts.

They were arraigned on three counts of unlawful possession of human parts, exhuming human corpses and being in possession of human heads and palms.

The charge sheet read in part, "That you (accused persons) and others at large between the months of January and May 2013, within the hours of 6pm and 6am at Alakuko areas in the Lagos Magisterial District, did conspire among yourselves to commit felony to wit: Possession of human parts and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 409 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State of Nigeria 2011.

"That you (accused persons) and others at large, did without lawful justification or excuse, unlawfully, improperly and indecently interfered, exhumed and dealt in human parts and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 163(b) of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State of Nigeria 2011."

The accused persons pleaded not guilty to the charge.

The magistrate, Mrs. Ipaye Nwachukwu, granted them bail in the sum of N500,000 and two responsible sureties, who must also present a three-year tax clearance.

The matter was adjourned till July 17, 2013.

Meanwhile, PUNCH Metro learnt that the fourth suspect, Kazeem Sanni, was not charged to court because investigations were still being carried out into his case.

The suspects had said while being paraded that they sold human heads for N8,000, hands for N4,000 and private part for N6,000.
Did they wash and dry the human heads on the fence before selling ? grin
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 04, 2013
I actually thought Nnena was a moderately sensible girl before.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SonOfEl(m): 3:14pm On Jun 04, 2013
django1: I actually thought Nnena was a moderately sensible girl before.

No she's not, my unlearned friend, she is a highly sensible girl. So hater, deal with it.
NB: nnenna, to be sincere though, you sounded like you were with them at a point. Perhaps that made you sound ''moderately sensible'' before this Django of a fluke.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 04, 2013
Son-Of-El:

No she's not, my unlearned friend, she is a highly sensible girl. So hater, deal with it.
NB: nnenna, to be sincere though, you sounded like you were with them at a point. Perhaps that made you sound ''moderately sensible'' before this Django of a fluke.

Hello Id!ot, i have been following her comments long before this thread, and I could sense her lack of self introspection over time, I know she feels her people are the victim here as well as other places, but she has failed to learn the meaning of cause and effect in human relation.

Don't jump into things you know nought about.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by revolt(m): 4:19pm On Jun 04, 2013
rosebowl01: Thank you revolt for stating a point without pouring so much emotions into it. People, take it easy, life does not begin nor end here. Online chesting beating earns you nothing in real life but hypertension.
yea a lot of ppl ddnt get what I said cos by now I shuld hve been crucified! I jes love deep posts!! Nwafors come in different shapes n sizes!
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SonOfEl(m): 4:20pm On Jun 04, 2013
django1:

Hello Id!ot, i have been following her comments long before this thread, and I could sense her lack of self introspection over time, I know she feels her people are the victim here as well as other places, but she has failed to learn the meaning of cause and effect in human relation.

Don't jump into things you know nought about.

call me whatever you like, but what you are, you are- A FLUKE.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SonOfEl(m): 4:25pm On Jun 04, 2013
revolt: yea a lot of ppl ddnt get what I said cos by now I shuld hve been crucified! I jes love deep posts!! Nwafors come in different shapes n sizes!

i know, i get your drift, the homo and hetero analogy. Guy, you are smooth. I salute.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by eggheaders(m): 8:50pm On Jun 04, 2013
Balkan: you sound so incoherent all your submission in this thread. I have made you to realise how mediocrity and tribalism in you people have made you dregs lazy. Unfortunately oyibo man is not interested in local politics and power play in the office. You are right to so that Yorubas are more found in corporate organistios more than any tribe. Head of most human resources in all the oil companies are Yorubas good.

I really pity you guys.

same old crap from the empty chest beaters. inasmuch as my folks dominate the coporate world speaks volume of your much touted ''igbo would progress in level playing field'' shyte talk. stop acting like the dumbass that you are yorubas don't business I told you to google my name and my business but your alaba made laptop don't have Google according to you. but to cure your ignorance Google the leading distributor of Unilever products in each geo- political zones and come back with your answer. even the Balogun women lace merchant ain't doing businesses, the ogbomosos and ejigbos dominating businesses in ivory coast is by connection too. the ever busy Dubai bound traders too are only going there for site seeing. lwkmd thought you lots owns lagos why is your cousin seeking accomodation from a yoruba man. couple of empty loud mouthed nitwits.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by eggheaders(m): 8:52pm On Jun 04, 2013
ngozievergreen:

keep deceiving yourself, u hear?

should we start the digging. remember I know loads about alaigbo.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Balkan(m): 9:37pm On Jun 04, 2013
eggheaders:

same old crap from the empty chest beaters. inasmuch as my folks dominate the coporate world speaks volume of your much touted ''igbo would progress in level playing field'' shyte talk. stop acting like the dumbass that you are yorubas don't business I told you to google my name and my business but your alaba made laptop don't have Google according to you. but to cure your ignorance Google the leading distributor of Unilever products in each geo- political zones and come back with your answer. even the Balogun women lace merchant ain't doing businesses, the ogbomosos and ejigbos dominating businesses in ivory coast is by connection too. the ever busy Dubai bound traders too are only going there for site seeing. lwkmd thought you lots owns lagos why is your cousin seeking accomodation from a yoruba man. couple of empty loud mouthed nitwits.
are you talking about uniliver that the poison drinker gave to oil soup people with his policy of indigenisation? during the war. Those dirty iya akpati at balogun mkt. man! you guys can only succeed through the back door. Come out from wuru wuru and face competition. Let's forget the quota system and oil subsidy and see if dog will not chop shit from your anus. Lazy hypocrites. Watch my cousin he will soon buy the house from an oil soup man and make him a tenant.

You know your people always get their property peanut through govt. allocation. Come to magodo where I leave and see your oil soup brothers have sold all the land they got through govt allocation to Igbos. They will soon start crying like you are doing. Get a life my boy, you can't stop a moving train.

3 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by ifechez: 9:54pm On Jun 04, 2013
eggheaders:

if you believe your tribes men frequent Dubai more than the Igbo then you must also believe that am still breast feeding. what do they go there to buy? in what aspect of trading or commerce do they dominate. and about ivory coast, am not sure if you have visited there b4. Unilever is a coy in comatose, remind me again any of their products in wide sales. pls let me know your full names so I can Google you. tanx
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by eggheaders(m): 9:54pm On Jun 04, 2013
Balkan: are you talking about uniliver that the poison drinker gave to oil soup people with his policy of indigenisation? during the war. Those dirty iya akpati at balogun mkt. man! you guys can only succeed through the back door. Come out from wuru wuru and face competition. Let's forget the quota system and oil subsidy and see if dog will not chop shit from your anus. Lazy hypocrites. Watch my cousin he will soon buy the house from an oil soup man and make him a tenant.

You know your people always get their property peanut through govt. allocation. Come to magodo where I leave and see your oil soup brothers have sold all the land they got through govt allocation to Igbos. They will soon start crying like you are doing. Get a life my boy, you can't stop a moving train.

damn you just confirm my earlier speculation that you are an android. Unilever owned by Nigerians lol lwmisocp laugh wan make I slap ombatse chief priest. to educate your flat head with peanut sized brain Unilever is owned and still run by the British. magodo is acquired through government allocation this just gave you out that you don't stay anywhere close to that place. the shangisa family owns and sell the lands in magodo. and fyi all Nigerians own properties there and not igbos alone has you want us to believe. those Iya akpatis can buy you and your lineage and your CD plate shop at alaba. ewu Gambia pa saranya gi there.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by LondonX: 10:26pm On Jun 04, 2013
Damn!! This thread is still alive. grin

But one question, though: did most of these folks from the other side get beyond secondary school education?

I honestly don't think so. Perhaps that's why those governing them aren't better off, to be honest. grin grin grin

Bunch of clowns!!!!! grin
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by revolt(m): 10:30pm On Jun 04, 2013
Son-Of-El:

i know, i get your drift, the homo and hetero analogy. Guy, you are smooth. I salute.
you must b a nwafor to undstand! I expect nuffn leSs
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by ifechez: 11:28pm On Jun 04, 2013
London-X:
Damn!! This thread is still alive. grin

But one question, though: did most of these folks from the other side get beyond secondary school education?

I honestly don't think so. Perhaps that's why those governing them aren't better off, to be honest. grin grin grin

Bunch of clowns!!!!! grin

pls check university entry stats to confirm which tribe goes to skool most. about your gov, they can only perform on the pages if newspaper. do you think building one amala brigde in Ibadan in 2yrs of stay in office is a big deal? onye Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by ifechez: 11:34pm On Jun 04, 2013
nwafors!!!! Una too much ooo. another name for Yoruba in naira land is Yoruba. when u type the word " Yoruba" what gets to appear eventually is Yoruba.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by LondonX: 12:21am On Jun 05, 2013
^^^^Are you alluding to those Nigerian graduates who write/think like dyslexic/down-syndrome patients? grin Hey, I saw the news on nl. grin grin grin grin

Also, I doubt the "Nwafors" are as useless as the ones on this forum. Are you sure most of you aren't "Osu's?" grin grin grin My boy whose surname is "Nwafor" is definitely a different breed from you lot. Well, the only time he has been to that part of the world was when his mum was killed over there. cry cry I guess that's why he's more Afrocentric and doesn't want nothing to do with people from there.

Anyway, I thought the psychotic behavioural pattern of you lot was only an online thing, till I listened to Radio Biafra London last weekend. grin grin grin The radio station is more or less a funeral station with lamentations, crying, whining, and blaming everyone else for their problems. grin grin grin I couldn't stop laughing - it seems it's a generational trait. grin grin grin

Let the comic relief begin - I'm bored, son!!! grin

3 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by mandarin: 9:58am On Jun 05, 2013
its disheartening that a topic of this magnitude could degenerate to ethnic bashings and e-rivalries. Rivalry between two southern Nigeria major ethnic groups(Yoruba&Igbo) is to the advantage of the Hausa people or the North and this will persist until there is a realization of this by leaders and youths of Southern ethnic groups.
To the original question of this thread, permit me to say that all of Nigeria will suffer to a certain degree if there is separation because Nigeria has inter dependent economic dynamics across its regions and present stability is achieved because regional groups see a common enemies.
The Niger Delta has abundant oil but also environmental challenges, violence and militancy.This may not abate and the chance of all the ethnic groups forming a country is very meager! There will be obvious tussling of power and fear of land claims destined for civil strife.it will probably be the most volatile region or country? may be there will be up to five countries there because Ijaw may have an ambition to drive a massive dominance. it will also face challenges from the Igbo who may want to forcefully claim the Ikwerre hence Porthacourt and Yoruba possibly looking at incorporation of Itsekiri and Edo in a confederacy that may even bring in other Delta groups who may likely foresee economic growth and stability with the west(it may not be as well). Emerging countries around the middle belt region will be so volatile and there may be decades of unending strife between Hausa in Kaduna and Plateau, Gombe and Bauchi, places around Nasarawa, ownership of FCT, and so on.The Hausa/Fulani will have an agro based economy and expect the country not to fare too badly although it may emerge as a world of the rich and poor in a wide gap but expect them to do better than say Niger or Chad.
Igbos may face a land problem if a whole lots of them chose to emigrate to their home land. Most igbos are traders and they need buyers to succeed and this may pose an initial decade long challenge which is the primary reason for their emigration today.But trust them to survive and make a country that will be middle income but with myriads of political and environmental challenges. This country will definitely need others to pick up and prosper more than all others. Any mass exodus of the Igbos out of the present Nigeria will set them back by decades and i trust many not to migrate.
The west or Yoruba has natural land area that is favorable for a country and a stream of educated and upwardly mobile population.With Lagos falling within their geographical region is a great plus while the availability of some crude oil can back the economy to pick up as soon as it starts and with its political advancement, it may be the country to quickly accelerate. Its population will still include plenty of Igbos that will stay put to do business and lots of Middle Beltans and Hausa that will migrate en masse into the new country.
So the question of who will suffer? The north will immediately face dried oil money and capital to fund their mass population, it will be very challenging. The East will face an equal problem though its oil will also flow but how to organize themselves will be a huge huge challenge but land and foods prices will skyrocket and can stiffen its economy except government do something about it but expect lots of civil strife on land and in area of politics.
The west seems better in this stead and looks favored to be better organized but definitely all will experience serious challenges.

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 05, 2013
Gbawe has been pushed to the wall by this deluded ibo goats
bigs up man u singlehandedly annihilated the loudmouthed buffons
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 05, 2013
I recently came across the piece below; I can’t but wonder how true it is.

“To all my friends across the Niger Delta:

You termed me ‘lazy’, though my Laziness hasn’t crippled me from farming enough Rice, Millet, Sorghum, Wheat, Maize, Onions And 85% of the stuff that make up your daily staple. Ever wondered where and how the wheat and millet that runs your breweries come from?

You said I’m ‘unproductive’ because my land has no oil. I wish to know how much you paid God for the oil beneath your feet. Don’t tell me your hard-work cause its existence.

You mischievously call me ‘Aboki’ because I choose to be generous, friendly, and funny instead of dubious, rude, and cunning.

You call me ‘Malu’ derogatively…I regard myself as such because I rear, breed and transport the livestock which gave you Isi-Ewu, Kpomo, etc. Let’s not forget the hides/skin which makes your shoes markets thrive.

My dear brother, Nations have survived and prospered without exploring a single barrel of crude but no nation has ever, and can never, survive without producing enough to feed its citizens.
With love from your ‘Gambari’ friend.”

With the way some people call one tribe or the other parasites; they need to be orientated as to what we stand to gain by being together. Instead of looking for ways to make this country great they are busy spewing out thrash about separation/isolation.

Considering the way one particular ethnic group has been most vocal about separation, they will be the worst for it if Nigeria were to be disintegrated into pieces. They produce next to nil in terms of food production. The land is so degraded that nothing but Cassava thrives on it. An hungry man cannot work neither can he run machines
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by DerideGull(m): 12:20pm On Jun 05, 2013
Does it not amount to indelible idiocy for an outsider to be worried to the point of hypertension because of the intended hardship that will befall those who would want to secede from Nigeria? Human beings do not last forever and I am piqued that few deluded Nigerians are hoping that colonial contraption such as Nigeria should last forever. I do not give a hoot if Nigeria is divided into 300 countries after all there are countries in Europe with population about 190,000 inhabitants.

I want a country of African constructs not what the Europeans handed down to my forbearers.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SonOfEl(m): 12:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
mandarin: its disheartening that a topic of this magnitude could degenerate to ethnic bashings and e-rivalries. Rivalry between two southern Nigeria major ethnic groups(Yoruba&Igbo) is to the advantage of the Hausa people or the North and this will persist until there is a realization of this by leaders and youths of Southern ethnic groups.
To the original question of this thread, permit me to say that all of Nigeria will suffer to a certain degree if there is separation because Nigeria has inter dependent economic dynamics across its regions and present stability is achieved because regional groups see a common enemies.
The Niger Delta has abundant oil but also environmental challenges, violence and militancy.This may not abate and the chance of all the ethnic groups forming a country is very meager! There will be obvious tussling of power and fear of land claims destined for civil strife.it will probably be the most volatile region or country? may be there will be up to five countries there because Ijaw may have an ambition to drive a massive dominance. it will also face challenges from the Igbo who may want to forcefully claim the Ikwerre hence Porthacourt and Yoruba possibly looking at incorporation of Itsekiri and Edo in a confederacy that may even bring in other Delta groups who may likely foresee economic growth and stability with the west(it may not be as well). Emerging countries around the middle belt region will be so volatile and there may be decades of unending strife between Hausa in Kaduna and Plateau, Gombe and Bauchi, places around Nasarawa, ownership of FCT, and so on.The Hausa/Fulani will have an agro based economy and expect the country not to fare too badly although it may emerge as a world of the rich and poor in a wide gap but expect them to do better than say Niger or Chad.
Igbos may face a land problem if a whole lots of them chose to emigrate to their home land. Most igbos are traders and they need buyers to succeed and this may pose an initial decade long challenge which is the primary reason for their emigration today.But trust them to survive and make a country that will be middle income but with myriads of political and environmental challenges. This country will definitely need others to pick up and prosper more than all others. Any mass exodus of the Igbos out of the present Nigeria will set them back by decades and i trust many not to migrate.
The west or Yoruba has natural land area that is favorable for a country and a stream of educated and upwardly mobile population.With Lagos falling within their geographical region is a great plus while the availability of some crude oil can back the economy to pick up as soon as it starts and with its political advancement, it may be the country to quickly accelerate. Its population will still include plenty of Igbos that will stay put to do business and lots of Middle Beltans and Hausa that will migrate en masse into the new country.
So the question of who will suffer? The north will immediately face dried oil money and capital to fund their mass population, it will be very challenging. The East will face an equal problem though its oil will also flow but how to organize themselves will be a huge huge challenge but land and foods prices will skyrocket and can stiffen its economy except government do something about it but expect lots of civil strife on land and in area of politics.

England, switzerland, israel, luxembourg, etc have something in common, they are small in landmass but big in brain and cash. Their Secret? Economic cum technological ingenuity, and IGBOS have them in excess. Since the world will be watching us, we no go wan fall hand.
The west seems better in this stead and looks favored to be better organized but definitely all will experience serious challenges.

seems better...? Because of lagos and free edu? Lagos will be less of itself because of our mass exodus. Educated? We are too, if not more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

9th NASS: Why Okorocha Was Denied Accreditation - Clerk, INEC / Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' / Oshiomhole Visits Senate Chief Whip, Orji Kalu (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.