Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,181 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Starting An Oil Palm Plantation - Agriculture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting An Oil Palm Plantation (241471 Views)

Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Invest In Oil Palm Plantation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 5:58pm On Jul 11, 2014
Yes u can get the sprouted seed @nifor for 30naira per seed. I sprouted them myself then because I wasn't working and couldn't afford to pay 30naira per seed then
doctorisa: I think naifor sell the sprouted seed am I correct..

2 Likes

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 6:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
Any season wil do as long as u can control the temperature. I kept mine in celling den
whirlwind7:

Thanks.
Means this is best undertaken during the hot and dry months.
Did you include soil inside the plastic bag?

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by whirlwind7(m): 7:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
MANGAM: Any season wil do as long as u can control the temperature. I kept mine in celling den

Eh heenn!

This was the clincher! I have been puzzling over where and how I could maintain relatively high temperatures for the seeds to germinate.
Bless you, bro!

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Leyqute(m): 6:12am On Jul 14, 2014
MANGAM: Yes u can get the sprouted seed @nifor for 30naira per seed. I sprouted them myself then because I wasn't working and couldn't afford to pay 30naira per seed then

please how much is red oil palm? ( the unprocessed one, just harvested and cold pressed) thanks
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by whirlwind7(m): 6:19am On Jul 24, 2014
@ MANGAM: You didn't mention if it's necessary to add soil in the transparent ziploc plastic bag to germinate the seeds. I have seen some tutorials where soil was added. Did you do yours the same way?
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by felixzo1(m): 2:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
whirlwind7: @ MANGAM: You didn't mention if it's necessary to add soil in the transparent ziploc plastic bag to germinate the seeds. I have seen some tutorials where soil was added. Did you do yours the same way?
i did mine too, no soil added oooh. be careful and wash well, to aviod fungi growth

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 10:47am On Aug 14, 2014
Hi guys, am planning to travel down to the village to apply fertilizer to my palm trees in the next 3weeks. i hope is not late? and i will post pictures of the application and progress made so far

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Vivipedia: 12:09am On Aug 17, 2014
Nice articulation. Also open and join this Catholic page: https://www.facebook.com/catholicforlifee
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Revolva(m): 12:10am On Aug 17, 2014
Oil palm plantation....for which land for lagos.....na wa ooo
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by ozikam: 12:11am On Aug 17, 2014
Be part of agric bizness forum. Www.centenaryagricforum.gnbo.com.ng
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 17, 2014
__
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 17, 2014
___
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:34am On Aug 17, 2014
Bookmarking this page.

Nigeria is on a very big food deficit,agriculture is the next big thing.

2 Likes

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by sdbaba: 1:25am On Aug 17, 2014
cool
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by aaidel(m): 1:33am On Aug 17, 2014
how far north will these oil palms grow and if they won't grow in the north what other long term crops can be grown apart from dates?
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by sonety2k(m): 2:57am On Aug 17, 2014
cool
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 17, 2014
doctorisa: I just acquire a acres of land in ogbomoso planning to go into the oil plantation..but i could not get a place to get the seedling..i was learnt tenera is the best nursery seed..please any body in oyo state where can i get to buy either in ibadan ogbomoso or ilorin does are the place closer to my place

The best place to get cheap tenera seedlings is nifor,contact me and i'll help u because i stay in nifor.

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by iiichidodo: 8:31am On Aug 17, 2014
MANGAM: Hi guys, am planning to travel down to the village to apply fertilizer to my palm trees in the next 3weeks. i hope is not late? and i will post pictures of the application and progress made so far
Sorry for derailing but you made mention of intercropping with water melon..Pls where can we obtain obtaining water melon seeds around abuja and its environs..Thanx.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by felixzo1(m): 8:47am On Aug 17, 2014
iiichidodo: Sorry for derailing but you made mention of intercropping with water melon..Pls where can we obtain obtaining water melon seeds around abuja and its environs..Thanx.
most agro dealers sel it.those ones that sell grain sells for planting like onions.tomatoes and feetilizers. markats like kabusa market, gosa market,karimo market .on any of their market days
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 9:37am On Aug 17, 2014
Just ask the men selling water melon or fruits to get u the seeds. A peak milk cup is 200 naira. Or u can save the seeds urself to get the variety u want
iiichidodo: Sorry for derailing but you made mention of intercropping with water melon..Pls where can we obtain obtaining water melon seeds around abuja and its environs..Thanx.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by iiichidodo: 10:06am On Aug 17, 2014
felixzo1: most agro dealers sel it.those ones that sell grain sells for planting like onions.tomatoes and feetilizers. markats like kabusa market, gosa market,karimo market .on any of their market days
Thanks....
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by iiichidodo: 10:08am On Aug 17, 2014
MANGAM: Just ask the men selling water melon or fruits to get u the seeds. A peak milk cup is 200 naira. Or u can save the seeds urself to get the variety u want
Thank you..
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:43pm On Aug 17, 2014
@general shepherd: rightly and well stated.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by OCTAVO: 1:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
doctorisa: I just acquire a acres of land in ogbomoso planning to go into the oil plantation..but i could not get a place to get the seedling..i was learnt tenera is the best nursery seed..please any body in oyo state where can i get to buy either in ibadan ogbomoso or ilorin does are the place closer to my place
How much did you acquire your acre of land in Ogbomoso? and which part of Ogbomoso is the land located?
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by immanuello(m): 1:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
cordj2: @okine4real
Buying nursery from IMO state and transporting it to Delta state is not a prudent idea, cus u have NIFOR @ ur backyard in Benin. NIFOR in Benin sells nursery for #70 cus it is subsidized by Federal Gov. Each agric ministry from all states gets their supply of nurseries from NIFOR. States sells @ #150 cus they pay those that tend the nurseries before farmers pick it up. NIFOR in Benin sells a manual on oil palm production for #500 and on page 12 they recommend 9 meter spacing.Don't let ur greed cause u to shoot urself on the feet. No oil palm will strive with ur type of spacing. Planting should be done with collaring / canning at the same time, this is done to wade off rodent from eating the young nursery. Canning/collaring can be done using tin or wire mesh.
I am so interested.How can i go with #300k at hand specially for this.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
doctorisa: That figure is actually correct from my own findings here...but the machines are not readily available here in nigeria for you to process on a large scale you need to order from malaysia ..the ones available in nigeria here can only process less than 10tons a day which is very small for you to make that kind of money

Where can I get this machine ?

Agriculture is my next port of call in business. Especially this oil palm processing. And north-south grains trade.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
fabiano09:

The best place to get cheap tenera seedlings is nifor,contact me and i'll help u because i stay in nifor.
thank you I already got it a long ago you can drop your no ill be there tomorrow so I can give you a call...
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
OCTAVO:
How much did you acquire your acre of land in Ogbomoso? and which part of Ogbomoso is the land located?
50k per acre the land is after tewure you can call. The no s below..
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by OCTAVO: 3:29pm On Aug 17, 2014
doctorisa: 50k per acre the land is after tewure you can call. The no s below..
Ok.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
okparaugo:

Where can I get this machine ?

Agriculture is my next port of call in business. Especially this oil palm processing. And north-south grains trade.
You can contact Kinye Briggs on his phone no. 08033218010, 0807 2201281, 0809 988 2722
of Max Structural Concept Ltd., Office 4, 2nd Floor, Rasfad
Plaza, Opposite Spring Rank,
119/121, Agro-Palace Way, Okota-Isolo, Lagos, Nigeria
(Opposite of Diamond Bank).
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
@ OP

That is a very nice idea! I wish the oil is not going to be used for cooking but for making soap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply)

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.