Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics (31475 Views)

Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS / Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge / Lekki - Ikoyi Link Bridge Construction Update - July 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 7:45am On Jun 03, 2013
ababaj: This is total stupidity. Why should the citizens pay for what they deserve to earn. Its true the bridge is good but it is the function of the state to provide infrastrutural amenities and create conducive environment for its citizen and investors. It is total absurdity. They are voted in to serve and not to exploit... Eko onibaje

Ignorant rubbish..Is there any state service people don't pay for regardless if you pay taxes or not.

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by motobid(m): 7:46am On Jun 03, 2013
Abeg wetin make dis bridge a suspension bridge?javascript:void(0);

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ayotolah: 7:51am On Jun 03, 2013
ILIDEFI: I strongly detest Eko Ile and his brother Eko Atlantic. Typical Yoruba bigots they both are. They've never been outside the south west but think they know anytin abt Nigeria.
To start wit, Lagos is not Yoruba land. Lagos was Nigeria's capital city, and today it represents Nigeria as a whole. D beauty of Lagos today is because it wz built by Nigeria, not by Southwesterners, who lack a sense of beauty. Eko Ile and co, how many other SW cities are like Lagos? It's just like northerners coming to boast about Abj cos it's in d north.
Granted dat Onitsha may be dirty cos of the large population of traders and the enormous trading activities going on there, but you guys should visit Enugu and Owerri. Are they in any way less developed than Ibadan and Abeokuta etc? The answer is no.
Go to villages in d East and see development. Men hustle and develop their communities. Fine houses are built, electricity is brought into communities, even roads are tarred by indigenes of various communities, unlike your SW ppl that depend on government to do everything for them.
You guys should change that dirty mindset you have about Igbos, which only portray jealousy. No other tribe in Nigeria wud'v been standing this tall like Igbos, if they faced the civil war, and the ensuing marginalization that Igbos have faced for many decades now. Igbos are still d best in Nigeria, and the transformation you all have been craving for will only come in Nigeria wen an Igbo man ascends the presidency. Mark my words.

Gibberish...
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 03, 2013
I hate when pple put their proverty problems on orthers..... Do you know why they pay toll? If u were rich and leaving their wont u pay toll? U will fly toll gate with ur rangerover?? Because u or ur father did not work hard enough now u dont leave in these areas thats why ur angry that they re no taking pictures of yours and posting it?? Why re u even telling us to take pictures of ur slum? When u want to see ur bf/gf do u wear ur basic cloths?? Cos dats what u mean? U wanna take ur gf on a date and u shuld wear that faded shirt and torn shorts(that every average nigerain have)?? If these re not real ur Behind dressing re also not real!

now lemme tell u why they pay tax! Non of ur money was used to constuct lekki-epe express road! Its now they re doin afta payment by toll! Lagos goverment did a deal with LCC, LCC borowed money to consturct the road and they have to pay back! With ur toll plus they offer road services u cant see any where in nigeria so they need to pay staffs, lagos is not giving them a dim! Now the link brige was constucted by JB payed by lagos goverment and it cant be free cos lekki-epe exp is tolled so it will make every1 divert to the brigde! The only way is by tolling it and making it more expensive which to me it is not even expensive enough! So if u dont wanna pay tax u have an option bro! Alternative route which is free but longer! Cos so many kick heads lyk you is gonna cos traffic there! + Its also the route to palms where pple go there endlessly! So its not by force! Ok! Up lasgidi! Reppin lekki!

5 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Teedol: 8:02am On Jun 03, 2013
Most of the developing countries in Asia (China,Malaysia,Singapore,thailand) with good roads has most of their roads tolled. If our leaders can give us good roads plus toll booths, then we don't have to complain.

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ba7man(m): 8:05am On Jun 03, 2013
Lol!!!...The people paying the toll aint complaining but people that have no business with the bridge are. "THERE IS A FREE ALTERNATIVE ROAD!!!"."THERE IS A FREE ALTERNATIVE ROAD!!!". "THERE IS A FREE ALTERNATIVE ROAD!!!". "THERE IS A FREE ALTERNATIVE ROAD!!!". "THERE IS A FREE ALTERNATIVE ROAD!!!".

3 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ade80: 8:12am On Jun 03, 2013
nuclearboy:

Dude:

Try to be sincere for once! The argument about fuel subsidy was that it was the poor man's ONLY panacea in a harsh economy. This bridge is the EXACT OPPOSITE as it gets money from only the rich + there are alternative routes which remain FREE!

I wonder why you feel lekki is a billionaire's paradise. As far as I know, Apapa gra, magodo and ikeja gra are in the same class as lekki. And what do you mean by only the rich, most are working lass people who have to pay various taxes this govt levies on them. Is the orile badagry road going to be tolled, why didn't the govt toll the roads in surulere, how many govt schools or hospitals do you see in lekki axis, is there any water facility there? All they do is to toll the roads saying it is a high brow area. Take a trip around lekki and u will see that it is home to all classes of people, rich, middle class and poor.

I can afford to pay the toll but it does not make it right cause not everybody living in that axis is buoyant.

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 03, 2013
This Eko Ile is the funniest LASTMA official I have ever come across. The toll is beautiful, but the toll is expensive and unjust. We pay millions in tenement rates already here and we are not complaining, but the poor people like Eko Ile who conduct traffic on highways are trying to make it seem that its Okay to tax the little bridges and undone roads of Lekki.

4 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ba7man(m): 8:28am On Jun 03, 2013
ade_77:

I wonder why you feel lekki is a billionaire's paradise. As far as I know, Apapa gra, magodo and ikeja gra are in the same class as lekki. And what do you mean by only the rich, most are working lass people who have to pay various taxes this govt levies on them. Is the orile badagry road going to be tolled, why didn't the govt toll the roads in surulere, how many govt schools or hospitals do you see in lekki axis, is there any water facility there? All they do is to toll the roads saying it is a high brow area. Take a trip around lekki and u will see that it is home to all classes of people, rich, middle class and poor.

I can afford to pay the toll but it does not make it right cause not everybody living in that axis is buoyant.
"THERE IS A FREE ALTERNATIVE ROAD!!!!" I'm not even sure my English is correct but the message is. Take the one that suits your pocket.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Reyspin(m): 8:33am On Jun 03, 2013
Now our Government has mastered the act of Spreading Propaganda after any illicit action.. Get some not so intelligent jobless youth to sing your praise on every popular blog or forum... Youths that àre ready to sell their family for an air conditioned car and a rented flat... That is why they are not creating significant job... For y'all supporting all these imprisonment may the good Lord extend this same laudable act to ur Generation unborn...Amen!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by touch4mony: 8:35am On Jun 03, 2013
HNosegbe: This bridge was obviously built for the high-class neighbourhoods of Lekki Phase I and environs... People who can AFFORD to pay the toll.

I would have had issues if the bridge was built (and tolled) at Ayobo, Iyana-Ipaja, Agege, Ajegunle or Ikorodu.

It's a win-win as far as I see. The Lekki folks get the satisfaction of bypassing Ozumba traffic (leaving it less congested for others) and the government makes more money which can be used for other purposes.

Can't complain.
this bridge was built with tax payers money so why taxing them again to use it.its quite unfair even if they can afford to pay it do u thing they are Hapy to pay it.I tot the house of assemblies was against toll collection.

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by waleadex(m): 8:36am On Jun 03, 2013
It took me a long time to write a comment on this topic because first,I tried to get my facts right. That bridge's not constructed with tax-payers money,it's based on concession. It's a contract between LASG and LCC. People can actually read more about it. Besides,let's not forget that even in the US there are High Class,Middle Class and even Low Class people. The people using that bridge are even making a freer flow of traffic on the alternative route for those who don't want to pay toll. We have to be realistic especially when it comes to infrastructural development. So far I have gathered that most comments here are based on partisanism,tribalism,grief and what have you. We don't need all that. We all can't be right all the time,instead we can learn from other people's posts and weigh them. Just like someone narrated earlier developments are on-going in some States too,not only in Lagos. Let's not deceive ourselves,we know good governance when we see it and we know the other also but it will be depressing to discourage a good-doer. With time,I am sure the toll charges will be seen to as debates are still going on about it in Lagos State House Of Assembly.
God Bless Nigeria!

5 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 03, 2013
I see that "Eko Ile" has gradually morphed into "Eko Ilee"...is that the result of a Nairaland ban or someone just got tired defending the indefensible

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by promisengr(m): 8:45am On Jun 03, 2013
[quote author=runzlord]Because u or ur father did not work hard enough

U r such a shallow minded individual! What makes u think dat u or ur father is wiser or smarter dan most poor people! I'll advise u to calculate ur words b4 u voice n remember dat situation can change both 4 u the ''rich'' and the ''poor'' !
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 03, 2013
diarra94: Its easy to rule nigeria; Do whatever you want to do and leave. Look, recently S africans protesting on the same toll gate issue that lagos state government is erecting everywhere. I dont know why nigerians dont protest over anything reasonable. If it was a religious protest, we for don burn down one state completely. But kudos to fashola.

Judging by the fierce tone of some of these arguments, the days of giving the electorate less than or just enough to secure the next ballot are finally drawing to a close. Peeps are seriously waking up o!

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nosaghae(m): 8:48am On Jun 03, 2013
Eko Ile:

Which one be all this headache and diarrhea? Then force or put a gun to your head to celebrate Abi we co join enter this world.
You people are like pests and saddists, nothing makes you happy, it's always anger and bad bele over common progress.

Smh....

If dis is ur definition for progress then i SMHFY big time

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by halavoke: 8:49am On Jun 03, 2013
Very glaring many of u r paid to come here n support a party blindly. A dog will alwys dance to d tune of d masta's fiddle. Kip on selling ur birthright and dat of ur generations unborn cos of peanuts! U KNW URSELVES!

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by pendusky(m): 8:56am On Jun 03, 2013
ba7man: Its better to pay a token toll(Bottled coke and Gala money) to use a bridge that's convenient than not pay a toll and get stuck on River Niger bridge....I mean, so you can't pay N250 to avoid the traffic on Niger Bridge??. At least the people paying aint complaining cuz they aint broke and if you can't afford it, there's a cheaper route and a free route. If you aint careful, they'll charge you to look at the bridge....looks good, don't it? You seem bitter about the bridge, are you truely that concerned?? Enter Politics naa if you are.
SMH for you!!! I am a lekki resident, i could remember when we protested in 2010 when we read in paper the amount to be paid on toll gate when it is completed. Am sure we made an impact there and the amount was reduced..am sure u live at epe vilage suburb, and yet ure braging toll fee is diet coke and gala money..whch road do you take to VI? Elegushi beach abi?

@op i think FASH is trying to decongests the traffic and the same time make money with it.

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by pendusky(m): 8:59am On Jun 03, 2013
ba7man: Its better to pay a token toll(Bottled coke and Gala money) to use a bridge that's convenient than not pay a toll and get stuck on River Niger bridge....I mean, so you can't pay N250 to avoid the traffic on Niger Bridge??. At least the people paying aint complaining cuz they aint broke and if you can't afford it, there's a cheaper route and a free route. If you aint careful, they'll charge you to look at the bridge....looks good, don't it? You seem bitter about the bridge, are you truely that concerned?? Enter Politics naa if you are.
SMH for you!!! I am a lekki resident, i could remember when we protested in 2010 when we read in paper the amount to be paid on toll gate when it is completed. Am sure we made an impact there and the amount was reduced..am sure u live at epe vilage suburb, and yet ure braging toll fee is diet coke and gala money..whch road do you take to VI? Elegushi beach abi?

@op i think FASH is trying to decongests the traffic and the same time make money with it.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by WORDALIVE: 9:06am On Jun 03, 2013
djustice: See mumus paying tolls for a bridge built with their own money. Lagosians are the biggest mugus I know. Totally magalised.
your the greatest mumu you can't just go away from this old mentallity that Govt is free, people like u hv nt travelld out of Nigeria to knw wat modern Govt is all abt,this is modern Govt,fresh ideas in action.b corrected
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by juman(m): 9:11am On Jun 03, 2013
Government need money to do other projects.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by stuhporh: 9:28am On Jun 03, 2013
billante:

Mumu u hav already paid for it!! That's if u are old enough or employed to be paying tax, cause I can see u are jobless or still in being spoon fed by ur parents

US govt can never use tax payers money to build a bridge and still toll it again! They will only allow a toll on a road if it was constructed on a concessionaire basis to recoup investment!

Sir, try to use google at least before making such statement next time. Now go and use google and also check with britain
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by stuhporh: 9:32am On Jun 03, 2013
halavoke: Very glaring many of u r paid to come here n support a party blindly. A dog will alwys dance to d tune of d masta's fiddle. Kip on selling ur birthright and dat of ur generations unborn cos of peanuts! U KNW URSELVES!
It has to be a local DOG. Lagosians aint local cheesy
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ade80: 9:44am On Jun 03, 2013
pendusky:

I think we need to start imposing tolls on non residents before they are allowed into the estate
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 03, 2013
lateef4me: All I can think of now is the percentage that accrues to Tinubu's pocket .
One day,just one day,his empire will finally crumble and all his dirty deals exposed ...

When that happens, the bridge will still remain. Or you think Tinubu's collapse one day will include the bridge?

Let's get something straight, the people that live on that axis of Lagos are the "Haves"... Some of the richest Nigerians indeed! A trip from lekki to bourdillon in ikoyi on a really bad day could have you stuck in traffic for 3-4 hours; enough time to get to Ibadan and come back on a free expressway... We took that bridge from ikoyi to lekki and I was in admiralty road in lekki under 15 minutes. 15 minutes because of the little traffic by the toll-gate...

The end-users are happy and that is the bottomline.

You guys from the other side should stop the bitterness... When your Niger bridge is ready and commissioned, we'll troop to the thread to celebrate and have kola with y'all.

Does the road lead to Owerri? I've heard good things about that town. grin grin

cool

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ba7man(m): 10:02am On Jun 03, 2013
pendusky:

So you can't afford to pay N250 and you live in that axis. You're biting more than you can chew. The estate association might end up weeding you out with the annual dues.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 03, 2013
pendusky:

Truth is this bridge will not attract that much criticism in reality to lead to protests like the lekki-ajah toll gates...

To underline the availability of a good alternative route, commercial buses are not even allowed on this new bridge. This bridge will de-congest that other route and would even allow those taking the bridge to avoid the first toll-gate on the vi-lekki-ajah road...

I don't think there's much to complain about. I really doubt there would be any protest that will see to a price reduction. If there is, good. That's a demonstration of the people's sovereignty...

Whichever way you dice it, by 2015, Fashola would have made giant strides in the infrastructural development of Lagos State.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Freezle(m): 10:08am On Jun 03, 2013
I guess that's my country?
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Freem: 10:10am On Jun 03, 2013
OK
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by initiate: 10:14am On Jun 03, 2013
Oregun link road.
Sheraton link bridge
Amuwo/Festac link road

All thede roads are not tolled. What wrong with this Fashola self.

Let him just go back to his law practice. Ole
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by olawunmisamuel1: 10:28am On Jun 03, 2013
Tthis Fashola is a bigger thief than Tinubu.. They want to raise money for 2015 elections.. Using tax payers money to build a bridge and at the end of the day, you still ask them to pay toll..

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by halavoke: 10:45am On Jun 03, 2013
Tifs in govt houses! Wen anoda party wins lagos n probes dis govt den we wud all knw d truth bout all dis tolling n concessions, d real beneficiaries wud shock evry lagosian. Stp deceiving ursef wit d phrase 'govt can't do evtin', na so we de luk tifnubu stole so much his status change from asylum seeker doin menial jobs to billionaire unda 8yrs.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Every Illegal Structures In Aba Must Go Down, Vows Dr Ikpeazu (pictures) / Boko Haram Kills A Soldier At Damboa Axis, Borno (Photos) / Stop Deceiving Nigerians – Adeyemi Attacks Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.