Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics (31478 Views)

Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS / Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge / Lekki - Ikoyi Link Bridge Construction Update - July 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 2:53am On Jun 03, 2013
Yeske!:
Done deal? Read this.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/137174-lagos-assembly-summons-commissioner-fasholas-aide-over-lekki-ikoyi-link-bridge-toll-fees.html

The two officials are to appear before
the assembly on June 6.
Members of the Lagos State House of
Assembly have summoned the
Commissioner of Works and
Infrastructure, Obafemi Hamsat, to
appear before the House to clarify the
proposed toll fees on the newly
constructed Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge

Again, legislative oversight is nothing but asking question and getting clarifications, it's not saying you can not do it or we are shutting you down and till they do, your meaningless article remains redundant and irrelevant..
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 3:05am On Jun 03, 2013
nuclearboy:

Dude:

Try to be sincere for once! The argument about fuel subsidy was that it was the poor man's ONLY panacea in a harsh economy. This bridge is the EXACT OPPOSITE as it gets money from only the rich + there are alternative routes which remain FREE!
I'm not here to debate fuel subsidy but I just raised the issue to buttress my point of hypocrisy.

By the way, can all those who staged fuel subsidy protest in Lagos be said to be the very poor? Was it the poor that supplied the T-shirts, music and food for the protests?
Kerosine is one product that is mostly used by the poor but it has been selling far above the cost fuel (for as much as N150per litre at times) for a very long time. No one seems to be interested in that. Why? Because the middle class and elites have nothing to do with Kerosine.

This same ACN e-warriors that are showing us how beautiful a toll plaza is and opposed removal of fuel subsidy by PDP led govt may tomorrow promote fuel subsidy removal by an ACN led govt. That is Nigeria for you, where issues are analysed from the prism of partisan and ethnic sentiments.

Anyway, I will say nothing further on this fuel subsidy issue to avoid derailing the thread.

4 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 3:10am On Jun 03, 2013
flexshop:

In as much as the infrastructural development of LASG is laudable,I insist that roads and bridges are one of the basic ameanities any sane government owes its citizenry.these services are why citizens pay taxes.BRF is the only opposition candidate that I can vote for if he contests for president but I have issues with these sort of things.if there must be tolls,remove taxes and toll all government services. Tolling amounts to double taxation if you ask me. I'm praying the FG does not copy this cos PDP will take it to the extreme,heck,the air we breathe will be tolled

Again, the fact that you pay taxes doesn't mean you shouldn't pay for any infrastructure. There are other services you are enjoying free with your tax money. Fact remains that we have a lot of huge projects in the pipeline and we need money to execute them, money that your tax money can not take care of so instead of borrowing and accumulating debt, we pay for it with our own money by recycling our own money.

Many places I used to call home (Californian to be precise) will ask you to vote for bonds to fund projects like highways and bridges and upon completion, they toll you to payback that bond money.

They/I voted for the bond measure to build high speed train from Southern Californian to Northern California so it matters not if you pay taxes or not, you are getting charged to get on that train so your double taxation is kind of redundant.

Your taxes have limitations and we all must pay extra to take care of the things we need that our tax money can not take care of.

Who knows, maybe this money is going to fast track the metro rail to speedy completion, maybe it's going to pay for the 4thMB, maybe it's going to fund Ikorodu road reconstruction. Either way it goes, it's a win win situation for us..

The bridge belongs to the people of Lagos, we own nobody for that bridge and are going to recycle our money to do better things to better our state.

Eko o n baje lai lai..

I don't even get this needless headache sef because from what's out there, Lagosians are happy with this bridge, they are happy with tolling, they are even willing to pay more for better infrastructures..

Obviously, they are getting a huge bang with their money so don't cry for the, because they are happy...

3 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 3:23am On Jun 03, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
[s]I'm not here to debate fuel subsidy but I just raised the issue to buttress my point of hypocrisy.

By the way, can all those who staged fuel subsidy protest in Lagos be said to be the very poor? Was it the poor that supplied the T-shirts, music and food for the protests?
Kerosine is one product that is mostly used by the poor but it has been selling far above the cost fuel (for as much as N150per litre at times) for a very long time. No one seems to be interested in that. Why? Because the middle class and elites have nothing to do with Kerosine.

This same ACN e-warriors that are showing us how beautiful a toll plaza is and opposed removal of fuel subsidy by PDP led govt may tomorrow promote fuel subsidy removal by an ACN led govt. That is Nigeria for you, where issues are analysed from the prism of partisan and ethnic sentiments.

Anyway, I will say nothing further on this fuel subsidy issue to avoid derailing the thread.[/s]

Irrelevant rubbish and irrelevant poster..

Cassava bread is your reality so stick to cassava bread and let us face our bridge and continued great progress..

5 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by moodswing(m): 3:27am On Jun 03, 2013
These wonderful ACN people reminds me of Lawrence Anini.

Eko ti baje pata pata.

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 3:29am On Jun 03, 2013
The good thing irrespective of what these haters here are saying is the good and encouraging testimonials of the stakeholders...the users and those that owns properties around the axis that the bridge is serving...

If those stakeholders aren't complaining but rather giving good testimonials...why should I bother with those that are not either stakeholders of the bridge nor stakeholders in Lagos.?

Am sure the guy that ferries his car daily across the water at Tarzan jetty for a thousand naira one way, and have to do that daily would not understand the argument of these haters here.

3 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Yeske2(m): 3:29am On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee:

Again, legislative oversight is nothing but asking question and getting clarifications, it's not saying you can not do it or we are shutting you down and till they do, your meaningless article remains redundant and irrelevant..
Please read this.

http://www.nigeriancurrent.com/news/item/2660-lagos-assembly-suspends-debate-on-lekki-ikoyi-bridge-toll.html

Some of the members, while commenting on
proposal, wondered why the one kilometre
bridge would be tolled, even as they all noted
the voluminous nature of the bill which needed
time to study.
According to Honourable Olusegun Olulade,
some things were not clear because of the
volume of the document, urging that the tolling
of the bridge should be put off for now, while
the government be asked to go ahead with the
commissioning.
Another member, Hon Bisi Yusuf also took note
of the huge volume of the bill.
He said that “the project was started two years
ago and you are bringing the document for
urgent consideration and approval, it is not the
best. It needs time for examination, so a time
frame should be given.”
Hon Saka Fafunmi, who also contributed to the
debated, said he was not convinced on why
tolling should be allowed on the bridge, which is
just a kilometre.
Besides, he argued that the project was
undertaken with Lagos State tax payer’s fund
and not through Build Operate and Transfer
approach.
“I know it was part of Lagos State fund that
was used to build the project. Must we always
make the people pay for every service we
provide,” he queried.
Deputy Speaker of the House, Kolawole noted
that the request of the government, as claimed
in the proposal, was not in line with the 2011
Public-Private Partnership law.

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 3:32am On Jun 03, 2013
^^^^^^^ Please stop polluting the thread with this rubbish. Tolling is on as we speak so get back at me when it stops.

No be by force...
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 3:35am On Jun 03, 2013
moodswing: These wonderful ACN people reminds me of Lawrence Anini.

Eko ti baje pata pata.

Unfortunately for you, this is your reality...

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 3:38am On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee:

Unfortunately for you, this is your reality...

What would happen to the villagers returning home in Dec if any natural disaster should break off this Lord Luggard era bridge?

Just asking
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Yeske2(m): 3:40am On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee: ^^^^^^^ Please stop polluting the thread with this rubbish. Tolling is on as we speak so get back at me when it stops.

No be by force...
So not all Lagosians are happy as you claim and Fash Couldn't wait for the case to be argued and duely trashed on the floor of the LSHOA before commencing. So much for what I think you understand by DEMOCRACY. smh.

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Yeske2(m): 3:45am On Jun 03, 2013
ilugunboy:

What would happen to the villagers returning home in Dec if any natural disaster should break off this Lord Luggard era bridge?

Just asking
I guess it's those Honourables that will want to argue the case though and through at the LSHOA that would. Back to topic abeg
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 3:48am On Jun 03, 2013
Yeske!:
I guess it's those Honourables that would want to argue the case though and through at the LSHOA that would. Back to topic abeg

What are you on about...?

Tolling is going on the bridge presently.....so you think the house would in anyway advise that operation on the bridge should be suspended until they conclude hearing on the virtue of tolling or not?

Guy...go and sleep jooor!
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by omiobo: 3:51am On Jun 03, 2013
Nah! In this century,Nigerians still want everything to be free and still want the future of this country to bright.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 3:52am On Jun 03, 2013
ilugunboy:

Tolling is going on the bridge presently.....so you think the house would in anyway advise that operation on the bridge should be suspended until they conclude hearing on the virtue of tolling or not?

Dude is a village ignorant dullard I swear. ..but you know his problem, it's the usual villager bad bele, all of a sudden they are all concerned about poor Lagosians when Lagosians are happy with their bridge and toll...

Who are they deceiving? Useless people...
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 3:53am On Jun 03, 2013
omiobo: Nah! In this century,Nigerians still want everything to be free and still want the future of this country to bright.

Yes..because we pay our taxes and market levies...so EVERYTHING should be provided for us for free by the government....that is what is obtainable in other parts of the world ....LWKMD cheesy
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Yeske2(m): 3:54am On Jun 03, 2013
ilugunboy:

I thought the executive would have waited till the House was done with it's oversight abi no Demo we dey again?
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Yeske2(m): 3:55am On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee:

Dude is a village ignorant dullard I swear. ..but you know his problem, it's the usual villager bad bele, all of a sudden they are all concerned about poor Lagosians when Lagosians are happy with their bridge and toll...

Who are they deceiving? Useless people...
Lols, yeye
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 3:56am On Jun 03, 2013
Yeske!:
I guess it's those Honourables that will want to argue the case though and through at the LSHOA that would. Back to topic abeg

Yeske!:
Think abi reason before replying, We Igbos are crying for Justice while your likes are tellling the whole world that all is Well and that the killing of your kins up north is justified. No? No Yoruba man don die since?

^^^^^^^^^

That's your reality and preoccupation.

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Yeske2(m): 3:58am On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee:

^^^^^^^^^

That's your reality and preoccupation.

What has that got to do with the case between the LSHOA and Fash?
It doesn't help your case, choose another.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 3:58am On Jun 03, 2013
Eko Ile:

In the state of California, they have something called Transportation Corridor Agencies. The raise bonds to finance highways which the taxpayers end up paying for via tolls. It doesn't matter if they collect the money up front from the taxpayers in form of tax, bonds or other funding methods. Bottomline, the taxpayers still have to pay regardless.

In the state of California the minimum wage is also $8 an hour I.e $64 a day Lagos is less that $1 a day

Let me tell you something, many cities in America are privatizing their utilities like water and highways. They'll sell off their public utilities to private comps and the private comps shifts the bill to the taxpayers for like about 100 years with zero kobo going back to the community to fund any projects, that public infrastructure is gone for 100 years.

PHCN was also privatized in Nigeria and so was NITEL,where did it lead you
The average annual income in America is $45,000 a year,in Lagos,it is by the grace of God

Stop comparing apples and oranges dear

Never heard of anyone celebrating toll gates and taxation on people who are already being rap.ed from all angles except one whose head is deep in the butt hole of the beneficiaries

7 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 3:59am On Jun 03, 2013
Yeske!:
I thought the executive would have waited till the House was done with it's oversight abi no Demo we dey again?

And your isi ewu village leaders never finish oversight after 30 years of begging for some yeye village river bridge...

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 4:00am On Jun 03, 2013
babyosisi:
[s]
In the state of California the minimum wage is also $8 an hour I.e $64 a day Lagos is less that $1 a day

PHCN was also privatized in Nigeria and so was NITEL,where did it lead you
The average annual income in America is $45,000 a year

Stop comparing apples and oranges[/s]

Irrelevant and redundant post...

Lagosians are happy with their bridge and toll, even willing to pay more so carry your suffer head worries back to your village...

The fact that you and your village people are poor and hungry doesn't mean Lagosians are so keep quiet..
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by miky(m): 4:02am On Jun 03, 2013
HNosegbe: This bridge was obviously built for the high-class neighbourhoods of Lekki Phase I and environs... People who can AFFORD to pay the toll.

I would have had issues if the bridge was built (and tolled) at Ayobo, Iyana-Ipaja, Agege, Ajegunle or Ikorodu.

It's a win-win as far as I see. The Lekki folks get the satisfaction of bypassing Ozumba traffic (leaving it less congested for others) and the government makes more money which can be used for other purposes.

Can't complain.

read some very dumb arguments from both side of the isle (regardless of issue) but yours is neutral and well articulated, Are you Nigerian??
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 4:03am On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee:

Irrelevant and redundant post...

Lagosians are happy with their bridge and toll, even willing to pay more so carry your suffer head worries back to your village...

The fact that you and your village people are poor and hungry doesn't mean Lagosians are so keep quiet..

Go and get a real job
One that will help you build on any shred of dignity you may have left
Singing praises day and night and licking shait is a repugnant way for a grown man to earn a living

Stand in a mirror
Take a good look and tell yourself that you are capable of doing better

7 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Yeske2(m): 4:03am On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee:

And your isi ewu village leaders never finish oversight after 30 years of begging for some yeye village river bridge...

Getting desperate and resorting to this one again as well as going off-topic? Your case desperate true true.

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 4:04am On Jun 03, 2013
Yeske!:

Sadly for you..your thought is not reality.

People have been anxiously waiting to ply the bridge to ease their daily commuting.

A friend of mine took less than 5 hours doing two trips in all to move his loads from his present Magodo residence to his newly built place off Admirality rd in Lekki....am sure without that bridge, the best part of Saturday would have been wasted on Ozumba Mbadiwe alone..

Think ...think of the cost/benefit before joining the bandwagon to rubbish the tolling..does it worth it?
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Yeske2(m): 4:06am On Jun 03, 2013
ilugunboy:

Sadly for you..your thought is not reality.

People have been anxiously waiting to ply the bridge to ease their daily commuting.

A friend of mine took less than 5 hours doing two trips in all to move his loads from his present Magodo residence to his newly built place off Admirality rd in Lekki....am sure without that bridge, the best part of Saturday would have been wasted on Ozumba Mbadiwe alone..

Think ...think of the cost/benefit before joining the bandwagon to rubbish the tolling..does itWq worth it?
Don't put the blame on me abeg, na Honourables for lasgidi dey vex and not me.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by heisenberg33: 4:07am On Jun 03, 2013
ILIDEFI:

Guy, your English (both grammar and punctuations) is very terrible. Go back to primary school.

I wanted to tell him that too. I can not believe he said he is in Canada. You only have to feel pity for the whites who he has to communicate with daily

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 4:08am On Jun 03, 2013
babyosisi:
[s]
Go and get a real job
One that will help you ipuild of any shred f dignity you may have left
Singing praises day and night and licking shait is a repugnant way for a grown man to earn a living
[/s]

Where is the digniti in killing yourself over other people's happiness and completed bridge when all you have is nothing after 30 years of bambiala beg beg and you are still begging....

Sucks to be you...
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 4:11am On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee:

Where is the digniti in killing yourself over other people's happiness and completed bridge when all you have is nothing after 30 years of bambiala beg beg and you are still begging....

Sucks to be you...

Carry on sha
Maybe you are working hard to replace Liar Mohammed
More grease to your lips bro
Your masters must be pleased with your escapades grin

So tell us
What color of underwear did Fashola wear to work on Friday?
Boxers or briefs grin

4 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Yeske2(m): 4:12am On Jun 03, 2013
babyosisi:

Carry on sha
Maybe you are working hard to replace Liar Mohammed
More grease to your lips bro
Your masters must be pleased with your escapades grin
The guy dey try, I love his doggedness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Stop Deceiving Nigerians – Adeyemi Attacks Tinubu / Omoyele Sowore Arrested In Abuja / Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.