Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics (31470 Views)

Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS / Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge / Lekki - Ikoyi Link Bridge Construction Update - July 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by MiloRambaldi(m): 2:28pm On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee:

Silly question. You are assuming they know how to build bridge or do anything . The fact is, toll or no toll I don't care, just build infrastructures and make our lives better which so far the useless and worthless PDP don't know how to do.

This bridge was built in less than four years while the useless people are still in capable of building a shorter village Niger bridge after 14 years rule.

Please don't let truth get in the way of your bias.

Building infrastructure has nothing to do with PDP or ACN. Akpabio in Akwa Ibom has built far more roads and bridges (not tolled, btw) than Fashola and he is PDP. They are a few other performing PDP governors as there are ACN duds too. Ideologically, there's little to choose between PDP, ACN, CPC, etc.

N250/N300 is too high as toll for this road, considering the straight alternate road is also tolled at N120/150.

Only the dishonest blind would reject removal of fuel subsidy and then applaud tolling of key roads without viable alternatives.

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 03, 2013
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
MiloRambaldi:

Building infrastructure has nothing to do with PDP or ACN. Akpabio in Akwa Ibom has built far more roads and bridges (not tolled, btw) than Fashola and he is PDP. They are a few other performing PDP governors as there are ACN duds too. Ideologically, there's little to choose between PDP, ACN, CPC, etc.

N250/N300 is too high as toll for this road, considering the straight alternate road is also tolled at N120/150.

Only the dishonest blind would reject removal of fuel subsidy and then applaud tolling of key roads without viable alternatives.

Guess what?

If that amount you mentioned is too much for you to pay for your shining SUV or your glistering salon car but you can afford to squander 20k monthly on clubbing and other inane activities ...then the New Market road that is very FREE is there for your use!

It's is disingenuous for anyone to either insinuate that it only bridge that can get one to his or her destination or that there aren't alternative free passage.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by matrixx(m): 2:55pm On Jun 03, 2013
ba7man: Now who sounds like the child out of you and I?? Already resulting to insults as if you grew up in an abusive home, very immature of you. I am self-employed and I'm a co-owner in a registered company. The tax paid is what makes Lagos the State with the highest IGR. Play your part or get lost.

You ar just stupid in a unique way. Hw can u βε̲̣̣̣̥ celebratin double taxation? Lagos is built on the bizness of d ibo man and d oil of the niger delta else ur Lagos would have been ℓιкє d oda parts of ur region eg Ekiti. Neva get it twisted! If these factors pull out.... Sorry for una.ur pipo r naturally lazy!
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by free2ryhme: 3:16pm On Jun 03, 2013
hope i will not be charged a toll fee for trekking across the bridge grin grin
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by mrlaw93(m): 3:23pm On Jun 03, 2013
Most of the people complaining about the toll booth on dis bridge neva enter lekki 4 their life b4.. Abeg! This tin is Ɓêάů†ĩƒůƖ is worth paying for.. Eko o ni baje

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
billante:

[s]Dont you think if you keep repeating one silly joke peeps will start scrolling past your post once they see ur name!

Its now sounding childish and lame, pls find another joke![/s]

Do I really care what you do? We co join enter this world and NL?

Abeg get lost with your village nonsense..
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by phillip001(m): 3:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
o boy see level
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by dabossman(m): 3:39pm On Jun 03, 2013
Er, I thought some folks said "poor" people where plying this bridge? Na wa o, so na poor people for Lekki and Ikoyi dey drive all these luxurious cars wey dey dis pictures. Na keke marwa and okada poor people dey take waka for my area o tongue
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Tonyfrancis(m): 4:08pm On Jun 03, 2013
[quote
author=djustice]See mumus paying tolls for a bridge built with their
own money. Lagosians are the biggest mugus I know. Totally
magalised.[/quote]
May Thunda Strike That Useless Mouth Of Yurs......Gosh!
How Many Una Abia Governor Don Do For Una!!! Yeye Human Being
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by BrokenTV: 5:14pm On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee:

Silly question. You are assuming they know how to build bridge or do anything . The fact is, toll or no toll I don't care, just build infrastructures and make our lives better which so far the useless and worthless PDP don't know how to do.

This bridge was built in less than four years while the useless people are still in capable of building a shorter village Niger bridge after 14 years rule.
eko ilee you are beating round the bush i ask you simple question. If lagos is being run by pdp government and they build the bridge, put sentiment aside what will be your comments. Are you going to support it or are you going to oppose it i need your answer.

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Akiika: 5:19pm On Jun 03, 2013
People have been so used to bad governance that good governance irritate them, don't worry you'll all get used to it and get over it with time. This is the normal, the previous one is the abnormal. May God restore your normal psyche back for you, AMEN!!!
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Akiika: 5:22pm On Jun 03, 2013
MiloRambaldi:

Then don't f.u.cking use IT!!!!! and sh.ut the h.e.ll up!!! dem force your car enter the road. Gaaaaarrrrrllllly!

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Inoknowbook: 5:23pm On Jun 03, 2013
Eko Ile: This looks so so better than many in Yankee gan sef.. Eko o ni baje o.

You are a freaking retard. When has toll booths become a symbol of development that one now has to celebrate it? Government built something that will be used to tax you and which will never add any value to your life, and here you are celebrating. People don't celebrate over tolls, my friend. Please, try leaving your comfort zone once in a while so that you learn how things are done in other places. Building of tolls is not an accomplishment!
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 5:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
Broken TV:
eko ilee you are beating round the bush i ask you simple question. If lagos is being run by pdp government and they build the bridge, put sentiment aside what will be your comments. Are you going to support it or are you going to oppose it i need your answer.

I answered your question. I said toll or no toll, I don't care as long as we get meaningful infrastructures.

...but they have to build it first which they don't know how to do because of corruption, incompetence and lack of vision.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 5:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
I no know book:

[s]
You are a freaking retard. When has toll booths become a symbol of development that one now has to celebrate it? Government built something that will be used to tax you and which will never add any value to your life, and here you are celebrating. People don't celebrate over tolls, my friend. Please, try leaving your comfort zone once in a while so that you learn how things are done in other places. Building of tolls is not an accomplishment![/s]

Come up with a better script and quit repeating the same thoughtless nonsense by the other dullards in this threads...

Your name is a gross refection of your idiocy...
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 5:31pm On Jun 03, 2013

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by dgreat001(m): 5:35pm On Jun 03, 2013
They are all lazy, incompetent and disabled so I see them waiting for another 30 years...... Bambiala people..

lmoa..

Eko ile and Ba7man plz listen.....you both are talking like illiterate, I aint saying the concept is not laudable, ppl will sure comply with the payment....BUT, why do we pay TAX, its our own quota to make governance more productive
So the government shd also fulfil their own quota by getting us FREE infrastructure like good roads, water etc

Am sure you aint a tax payer, that's why you reason like that...Please never allow any govt to fool YOU
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2013
dgreat001: [s]They are all lazy, incompetent and disabled so I see them waiting for another 30 years...... Bambiala people..

lmoa..

Eko ile and Ba7man plz listen.....you both are talking like illiterate, I aint saying the concept is not laudable, ppl will sure comply with the payment....BUT, why do we pay TAX, its our own quota to make governance more productive
So the government shd also fulfil their own quota by getting us FREE infrastructure like good roads, water etc

Am sure you aint a tax payer, that's why you reason like that...Please never allow any govt to fool YOU[/s]

Question.

The tax payers money is currently building the Metro Rail so do you think if should be free to ride on the metro rail because it was built with tax money?

Besides, I entertain myself with you people on NL because you are very irrelevant and the only relevant people here are Lagosians ans so far, they are happy with their bridge and they don't mind paying even more for better infrastructures..

3 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ba7man(m): 5:47pm On Jun 03, 2013
dgreat001: They are all lazy, incompetent and disabled so I see them waiting for another 30 years...... Bambiala people..

lmoa..

Am sure you aint a tax payer, that's why you reason like that...Please never allow any govt to fool YOU
Its funny b'cos in my own opinion, you're the one that's reasoning like one. B'cos you don't pay your tax doesn't mean others don't. It can be annoying at-times but in the end, i'm seeing results around me. It's sure better than when i wasn't paying tax and everywhere was in shambles.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Inoknowbook: 5:56pm On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee:

Come up with a better script and quit repeating the same thoughtless nonsense by the other dullards in this threads...

Your name is a gross refection of your idiocy...
This looks so so better than many in Yankee gan sef.. Eko o ni baje o.

Eko oni baje oo for the tolls!! Yea, our toll booths are even better than the ones overseas! Can't you see how childish you are? Happy that the government constructed something with which to take your money. Anyway, I seriously doubt you have a car, otherwise, you wouldn't be this giddy. Ignoramus! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by MiloRambaldi(m): 6:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
ilugunboy:

Guess what?

If that amount you mentioned is too much for you to pay for your shining SUV or your glistering salon car but you can afford to squander 20k monthly on clubbing and other inane activities ...then the New Market road that is very FREE is there for your use!

It's is disingenuous for anyone to either insinuate that it only bridge that can get one to his or her destination or that there aren't alternative free passage.

The New Market Road is not a viable alternative - way too narrow for the volume of traffic. The main Lekki Road has been in existence and was only being repaired.

Building the new bridge and then tolling it won't be so bad if the main Lekki Road was free. I have no issues with the gov't building new 'luxury' roads/bridges and promptly tolling them, just saying the general populace roads should be adequate.

If you deem the narrow bypass adequate, then good for you. Most who demonstrated and were forcefully dispersed by Policemen disagreed- same reason the 2nd toll after Chevron toll is being resisted and had to be put on hold (hopefully indefinitely).
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by omalicha89: 8:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
ichidodo: Bloody Liar, Lagos was collectively built by Nigerians hence the adage No Man's Land.
No need for name calling,pick a history book or better still use google and learn.Lagos is definately NOT "no man's land.if it waS won't it be criminal for some people to have claims to the land.
#no derailing

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by dgreat001(m): 8:05pm On Jun 03, 2013
ba7man: Its funny b'cos in my own opinion, you're the one that's reasoning like one. B'cos you don't pay your tax doesn't mean others don't. It can be annoying at-times but in the end, i'm seeing results around me. It's sure better than when i wasn't paying tax and everywhere was in shambles.

God have mercy!!!....imagine how two 'grown men' are feeling like retards......
Won't you be called a fool when you give money to some1 to buy you are TV and at the end the person requires you to pay b4 getting assess to watch it
I pity the Future of the Now.....#brainwashed n spoonfed generation
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 8:28pm On Jun 03, 2013

4 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by BrokenTV: 8:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
Eko ilee how old are you.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Akiika: 8:53pm On Jun 03, 2013
dgreat001:

God have mercy!!!....imagine how two 'grown men' are feeling like retards......
Won't you be called a fool when you give money to some1 to buy you are TV and at the end the person requires you to pay b4 getting assess to watch it
I pity the Future of the Now.....#brainwashed n spoonfed generation
This argument does not hold water, they use tax payers money to build bridges that are tolled in a more developed society too. Stop it, you have the option of using the bridge or not. I live here in Houston, Sam Houston Beltway for example is tolled and built with tax payers money.

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 8:56pm On Jun 03, 2013
Broken TV: Eko ilee how old are you.

Of what relevance is my age to your existence and well being..
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by mbhs139(m): 9:09pm On Jun 03, 2013
I think you people shouting "TAX PAYERS MONEY" are missing some points. Quiet frankly, I really don't support the tolling of any road at that matter, not only this bridge But come to think of it, let's do some academic exercise for the sake of argument, and let's talk about what is called 'sustainable development'? That is: "a development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs" (http://www.iisd.org/sd/). It also refers to a mode of human development in which resource use aims to meet human needs while ensuring the sustainability of natural systems and the environment, so that these needs can be met not only in the present, but also for generations to come (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainable_development).

Come to think of it, recall that it is not only those living within the Lekki-Ajah axis that pays tax, and it couldn't have been the tax paid by only those living within that axis that was used to build that bridge, it must have also included the tax paid by those living in Ajegunle, Ayobo-Ipaja, Mushin and so on, who may never in their life time have any cause to use that bridge.

Also recall that this people needs government presence in their areas too. Now, if those in Lekki-Ajah can enjoy the luxury of a 'cable bridge' as you may wish to call it to the detriment of others in the state, then it will not be too much to ask them to pay as little as N150 to ply a 1.53km road to ease their travel time. Else, all of us in the aforementioned areas too should demand for a 'cable bridge'

Alas, that's not the need/priority of the people in these areas for now! What they need in the immediate are: good and affordable housing; good and portable water; good schools for their children; motor-able roads (not the luxury of a bridge) and so on.

When was the last time the residents of Lekki and its environs made use of public hospitals or schools? They don't because they need it. And the last time I checked, voodoo economics though, wealth trickles down from the rich to the poor. So, let the users of that bridge pay a little from their 'haves' so that government will be able to provide for the 'haves-not' in Ajegunle, Ayobo, Ipaja, Mushin and others.

I stand to be corrected, from reasonable people and not with curses or fowl words; I could be bad my self!

Gidi: Wale, I couldn't agree more with your points. You've laid out a coherent argument that is often missing in this forum. I for one don't have a problem with the toll collection. I also believe that the era of free lunch is over. For Nigeria to develop, we must learn to pay for infrastructures that we needed.

In the era of budget constraint, oil revenue is not enough, we the people must step up and build the society we want. Some may argue that we have enough revenue coming from natural resources, I say the revenue is not enough to cater for all our needs -- Education, Housing, Food, Transportation, Health, Rail, Infrastructure, Pension, Savings for future generation.

To have egalitarian society, the rich must pay their fair share. I don't for once subscribe to trickle down economics. I would rather prefer a progressive tax system that can generate enough revenue to build a great state

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by MiloRambaldi(m): 11:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
mbhs139: I think you people shouting "TAX PAYERS MONEY" are missing some points. Quiet frankly, I really don't support the tolling of any road at that matter, not only this bridge But come to think of it, let's do some academic exercise for the sake of argument, and let's talk about what is called 'sustainable development'? That is: "a development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs" (http://www.iisd.org/sd/). It also refers to a mode of human development in which resource use aims to meet human needs while ensuring the sustainability of natural systems and the environment, so that these needs can be met not only in the present, but also for generations to come (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainable_development).

Come to think of it, recall that it is not only those living within the Lekki-Ajah axis that pays tax, and it couldn't have been the tax paid by only those living within that axis that was used to build that bridge, it must have also included the tax paid by those living in Ajegunle, Ayobo-Ipaja, Mushin and so on, who may never in their life time have any cause to use that bridge.

Also recall that this people needs government presence in their areas too. Now, if those in Lekki-Ajah can enjoy the luxury of a 'cable bridge' as you may wish to call it to the detriment of others in the state, then it will not be too much to ask them to pay as little as N150 to ply a 1.53km road to ease their travel time. Else, all of us in the aforementioned areas too should demand for a 'cable bridge'

Alas, that's not the need/priority of the people in these areas for now! What they need in the immediate are: good and affordable housing; good and portable water; good schools for their children; motor-able roads (not the luxury of a bridge) and so on.

When was the last time the residents of Lekki and its environs made use of public hospitals or schools? They don't because they need it. And the last time I checked, voodoo economics though, wealth trickles down from the rich to the poor. So, let the users of that bridge pay a little from their 'haves' so that government will be able to provide for the 'haves-not' in Ajegunle, Ayobo, Ipaja, Mushin and others.

I stand to be corrected, from reasonable people and not with curses or fowl words; I could be bad my self!

To start with the toll is N250/300.

Let's flow with the notion that the Lekki folks are rich (most are actually not rich, just medium income people - U see a whole lot more Kias, Hyundais, Toyotas than Bentleys and Rolls). In any case they are already paying more to the gov't in the form of higher taxes. Those with high income pay higher % tax - and who says the higher tax they pay is not the bulk of gov't tax revenue. So the 'double taxation' in the form of toll is not necessary as the folks in Lekki are already funding development in other areas.

Besides tolling affects the numerous less rich who also live in the Lekki-Epe areas.

Also, those in Lekki need good roads like those in Mushin, etc. Most of the residential roads there are bad also -they don't get a disproportionate amount of good roads. It's just that any small gov't infrastructure to the area like the repair the main Lekki access to the axis or a bridge to alleviate traffic congestion must be used as reason to further fleece the people in the form of tolls. .

The tolling of main expressway to the area is unwarranted.

And bridges are not necessarily luxuries. The 3MB for example is not a luxury but a necessity. Perhaps the FG should toll 3MB, after all they are alternate roads.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 12:25am On Jun 04, 2013
MiloRambaldi:

To start with the toll is N250/300.

Let's flow with the notion that the Lekki folks are rich (most are actually not rich, just medium income people - U see a whole lot more Kias, Hyundais, Toyotas than Bentleys and Rolls). In any case they are already paying more to the gov't in the form of higher taxes. Those with high income pay higher % tax - and who says the higher tax they pay is not the bulk of gov't tax revenue. So the 'double taxation' in the form of toll is not necessary as the folks in Lekki are already funding development in other areas.

Besides tolling affects the numerous less rich who also live in the Lekki-Epe areas.

Also, those in Lekki need good roads like those in Mushin, etc. Most of the residential roads there are bad also -they don't get a disproportionate amount of good roads. It's just that any small gov't infrastructure to the area like the repair the main Lekki access to the axis or a bridge to alleviate traffic congestion must be used as reason to further fleece the people in the form of tolls. .

The tolling of main expressway to the area is unwarranted.

And bridges are not necessarily luxuries. The 3MB for example is not a luxury but a necessity. Perhaps the FG should toll 3MB, after all they are alternate roads.

Emotions and sentiments wont get us to the promise land, but strategies and prudent financial investments surely will.

It's no news that we don't have every kobo we need to build every inch of road in the state talk less enough to develop other infrastructures like schools, colleges, hospitals, clinics, transportation, human and capital development and with this obvious realities, we have to get creative with what we have, we have to recycle our resources to get what we want without accumulating needless .

1. We need to understand one thing and it is the fact that this bridge is not only a very needed infrastructure in terms of practical solution to chronic traffic problems in the area but also a business investment on behalf of the people of Lagos state.

2. We need to also understand that the money collected from Lagosians driving on this bridge belongs to the same Lagosians to be spent on other infrastructures like the ones I listed earlier including that bad road you complain about, that 4thMB we need so badly but too expensive, the metro rail we are working on, our schools and hospitals and so on.

3. This bridge is not taking anything away from anybody unduly since there are free alternatives all over the place so if money from this bridge built your road in Okokomaiko, it means other people paid to build your road.

4. Bottom line, we are recycling our money to get what we want in the most prudent and debt free way possible and using money from this bridge to build so many infrastructures all over the state is better than taxing you to do it or borrowing money to do it..

We've found a creative way to take care of our needs and progress accordingly together. Let's not cry and keep shooting ourselves over what's really not killing anybody but making money for us to take care of us, there are free alternatives

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

IMO 2015-Uche Nwosu Wins Apc Governorship Ticket In Imo State. / President Buhari Receives Alex Ekwueme In Statehouse On 26th May 2016. / Akeredolu: Tayo The Road To Your House Was Tarred By Me(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.