Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics (31479 Views)

Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS / Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge / Lekki - Ikoyi Link Bridge Construction Update - July 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 12:40am On Jun 03, 2013
Beautiful Toll Gate there, I can afford it, but can the average Lagosian afford it ? I understand that this bridge is built with the Federal Allocation and Internally Generated Revenue from Taxes paid by Lagosians. What I do NOT understand is, why a bridge built by Tax Payers is now being tolled. I will rather say it is double taxation and very unjust.

3 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Cruxxy(m): 12:40am On Jun 03, 2013
I strongly commend fashola for this giant stride. Not minding d critics, the toll gate system will at least help to seperate the men from the boys
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 12:43am On Jun 03, 2013
flexshop:

Nigerians amaze me. So you will be glad to pay for a service that the government should provide to you as her citizen. I give up

What's wrong with nigerians paying? Are we from mars? Are we different from the rest of the world where they pay tolls to use government roads?

Please rewind..

3 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Cruxxy(m): 12:44am On Jun 03, 2013
Billyonaire: Beautiful Toll Gate there, I can afford it, but can the average Lagosian afford it ? I understand that this bridge is built with the Federal Allocation and Internally Generated Revenue from Taxes paid by Lagosians. What I do NOT understand is, why a bridge built by Tax Payers is now being tolled. I will rather say it is double taxation and very unjust.

You can afford it. Then why are you complaining? Good things should be commended when they are done. The bridge must not be for everyone. We ve it like dis all over d world
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by oshea44: 12:49am On Jun 03, 2013
Some people are just idiot, they have never travelled outside the country Nigeria before and see how the Western World Govt tax the hell out of you, I am in Canada, the govt tax 13% out of everything you buy, 13% from your Wages, $500 for car insurance every month, which tax una dey pay for 9ja, Yet una go dey complain.. Mind you, the bridge cost alot of money and how do u pay taxes? let me ask you a question, paying toll money is it not better than bad road or nothing? Please sometimes let think before we talk, cos its extremely annoying...if my second home Nigeria go bill 30% of tax from my money, i go pay....

10 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 12:50am On Jun 03, 2013
Billyonaire: Beautiful Toll Gate there, I can afford it, but can the average Lagosian afford it ? I understand that this bridge is built with the Federal Allocation and Internally Generated Revenue from Taxes paid by Lagosians. What I do NOT understand is, why a bridge built by Tax Payers is now being tolled. I will rather say it is double taxation and very unjust.

Shey you go still complain if den use money collected from this bridge in ikoyi to build free. new road in front of your house all the way in orile or gbagada? They are recycling the money to serve you better so its pointless crying against your own interests.

BTW, Lagosians don't mind paying and even over paying if they have to so don't cry for Lagosians, they are happym..
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by oshea44: 12:54am On Jun 03, 2013
billante:

This ur old boring song of we begging! If we leave lagos for u with all our investment, month no go even end and ur govt will be running to abuja for monthly alawee!

Na because we sustain lagos state govt with our business taxes u hav mouth to talk! Don't provoke ibos to take all their investments home! U will never knw wat u got till u loose it!

Nothing so annoying seeing some mumu ibos saying rubbish, how do you help the economic, paying tax? are you dumb? u are not paying shit... cos no how you paying to the govt, i am in Canada and if you dont want to pay the govt, they collect cash from you.. those igbo get atm machine?, govt dey use track their sales? abeg... i want una ibo people to leave.... u are always annoying
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 1:01am On Jun 03, 2013
I strongly detest Eko Ile and his brother Eko Atlantic. Typical Yoruba bigots they both are. They've never been outside the south west but think they know anytin abt Nigeria.
To start wit, Lagos is not Yoruba land. Lagos was Nigeria's capital city, and today it represents Nigeria as a whole. D beauty of Lagos today is because it wz built by Nigeria, not by Southwesterners, who lack a sense of beauty. Eko Ile and co, how many other SW cities are like Lagos? It's just like northerners coming to boast about Abj cos it's in d north.
Granted dat Onitsha may be dirty cos of the large population of traders and the enormous trading activities going on there, but you guys should visit Enugu and Owerri. Are they in any way less developed than Ibadan and Abeokuta etc? The answer is no.
Go to villages in d East and see development. Men hustle and develop their communities. Fine houses are built, electricity is brought into communities, even roads are tarred by indigenes of various communities, unlike your SW ppl that depend on government to do everything for them.
You guys should change that dirty mindset you have about Igbos, which only portray jealousy. No other tribe in Nigeria wud'v been standing this tall like Igbos, if they faced the civil war, and the ensuing marginalization that Igbos have faced for many decades now. Igbos are still d best in Nigeria, and the transformation you all have been craving for will only come in Nigeria wen an Igbo man ascends the presidency. Mark my words.

6 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by oshea44: 1:01am On Jun 03, 2013
haterz, go fashola
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Goldie20: 1:09am On Jun 03, 2013
Looking Like The Toll Booths.. In Down Town Tampa... Nice cheesy
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by moodswing(m): 1:09am On Jun 03, 2013
ba7man: Its better to pay a token toll(Bottled coke and Gala money) to use a bridge that's convenient than not pay a toll and get stuck on River Niger bridge....I mean, so you can't pay N250 to avoid the traffic on Niger Bridge??. At least the people paying aint complaining cuz they aint broke and if you can't afford it, there's a cheaper route and a free route. If you aint careful, they'll charge you to look at the bridge....looks good, don't it? You seem bitter about the bridge, are you truely that concerned?? Enter Politics naa if you are.

This is why seun need to age-restrict registration on NL. Case of an ignorant kid trying to sound reasonable but fails.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 1:10am On Jun 03, 2013
ILIDEFI: I strongly detest Eko Ile and his brother Eko Atlantic. Typical Yoruba bigots they both are. They've never been outside the south west but think they know anytin abt Nigeria.
To start wit, Lagos is not Yoruba land. Lagos was Nigeria's capital city, and today it represents Nigeria as a whole. D beauty of Laigos today is because it wz built by Nigeria, not by Southwesterners, who lack a sense of beauty. Eko Ile and co, how many other SW cities are like Lagos? It's just like northerners coming to boast about Abj cos it's in d north.
Granted dat Onitsha may be dirty cos of the large population of traders and the enormous trading activities going on there, but you guys should visit Enugu and Owerri. Are they in any way less developed than Ibadan and Abeokuta etc? The answer is no.
Go to villages in d East and see development. Men hustle and develop their communities. Fine houses are built, electricity is brought into communities, even roads are tarred by indigenes of various communities, unlike your SW ppl that depend on government to do everything for them.
You guys should change that dirty mindset you have about Igbos, which only portray jealousy. No other tribe in Nigeria wud'v been standing this tall like Igbos, if they faced the civil war, and the ensuing marginalization that Igbos have faced for many decades now. Igbos are still d best in Nigeria, and the transformation you all have been craving for will only come in Nigeria wen an Igbo man ascends the presidency. Mark my words.

Blah blah blah....

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by oshea44: 1:11am On Jun 03, 2013
ILIDEFI: I strongly detest Eko Ile and his brother Eko Atlantic. Typical Yoruba bigots they both are. They've never been outside the south west but think they know anytin abt Nigeria.
To start wit, Lagos is not Yoruba land. Lagos was Nigeria's capital city, and today it represents Nigeria as a whole. D beauty of Lagos today is because it wz built by Nigeria, not by Southwesterners, who lack a sense of beauty. Eko Ile and co, how many other SW cities are like Lagos? It's just like northerners coming to boast about Abj cos it's in d north.

you are saying rubbish.. igbos developed Lagos? how did Lagos look like in 1998? Now, the reformation is coming, Igbos are saying rubbish, we own it, we build it, selling spare parts? mshew... abeg, you guys are not paying taxes, so how are u helping it? loading your entire family inside a shop and making Lagos congested? For your information, Abeokuta is far better than Enugu and I have igbo/enugu friends who told me, electricity was brought into their village, 2006? oooh, make stop feeling insecure..

5 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 1:14am On Jun 03, 2013
oshea44:

Nothing so annoying seeing some mumu ibos saying rubbish, how do you help the economic, paying tax? are you dumb? u are not paying shit... cos no how you paying to the govt, i am in Canada and if you dont want to pay the govt, they collect cash from you.. those igbo get atm machine?, govt dey use track their sales? abeg... i want una ibo people to leave.... u are always annoying

Guy, your English (both grammar and punctuations) is very terrible. Go back to primary school.

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by moodswing(m): 1:14am On Jun 03, 2013
oshea44: Some people are just idiot, they have never travelled outside the country Nigeria before and see how the Western World Govt tax the hell out of you, I am in Canada, the govt tax 13% out of everything you buy, 13% from your Wages, $500 for car insurance every month, which tax una dey pay for 9ja, Yet una go dey complain.. Mind you, the bridge cost alot of money and how do u pay taxes? let me ask you a question, paying toll money is it not better than bad road or nothing? Please sometimes let think before we talk, cos its extremely annoying...if my second home Nigeria go bill 30% of tax from my money, i go pay....

WOW you almost got me fooled and confused there bro. This forum is for Nigerians no matter where they reside and not an ass wipe like you who referred to himself as a second-handed Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 1:19am On Jun 03, 2013
oshea44:

you are saying rubbish.. igbos developed Lagos? how did Lagos look like in 1998? Now, the reformation is coming, Igbos are saying rubbish, we own it, we build it, selling spare parts? mshew... abeg, you guys are not paying taxes, so how are u helping it? loading your entire family inside a shop and making Lagos congested? For your information, Abeokuta is far better than Enugu and I have igbo/enugu friends who told me, electricity was brought into their village, 2006? oooh, make stop feeling insecure..

As if I wasn't in Lagos in 1998. Mind u, I never said Igbos developed Lagos. Lagos was built with Nigerian wealth. So you guys should stop claiming all the glory of Lagos. If u want to talk abt south west, talk abt Ibadan Osogbo, Akure, Ado Ekiti, Abeokuta (former president's city. Guess u know I'm aware of that).

4 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by contactlenz: 1:20am On Jun 03, 2013

what is this one saying

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by moodswing(m): 1:29am On Jun 03, 2013
Eko Ile:

In the state of California, they have something called Transportation Corridor Agencies. The raise bonds to finance highways which the taxpayers end up paying for via tolls. It doesn't matter if they collect the money up front from the taxpayers in form of tax, bonds or other funding methods. Bottomline, the taxpayers still have to pay regardless.

Let me tell you something, many cities in America are privatizing their utilities like water and highways. They'll sell off their public utilities to private comps and the private comps shifts the bill to the taxpayers for like about 100 years with zero kobo going back to the community to fund any projects, that public infrastructure is gone for 100 years.

What is going on in Lagos is a win win situation for the people of Lagos, the bridge still belongs to the people of Lagos state and money generated from this bridge is still going to benefit the people of Lagos state through other projects funded with money generated from this bridge...

The only losers here which (I really don't think they are) are the folks in Lekki/VI/Ikoyi because they are robbing them to fund other projects far far away from this bridge.

Thanks for analyzing the robbery better, What you are saying is that Lagos State government is the new institutional RobinHood. Rob the rich with a post-dated promise to give to the poor.

Very Nice...... Fashola has finally graduated, setting up shops on bridges and just everywhere rich people drive past. When Tinubu and his croonies finally seizes power in their dreams, i expect them to toll Airport road in Abuja.

4 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Yeske2(m): 1:40am On Jun 03, 2013
http://www.nigeriancurrent.com/news/item/2660-lagos-assembly-suspends-debate-on-lekki-ikoyi-bridge-toll.html

Someone please tell eko-ile that not all Lagosians are happy.

Members of the
Lagos State
House of
Assembly, on
Tuesday,
witnessed a
stormy session
as members
debated a bill
which requested the endorsement of the House
to introduce a toll system on the Lekki-Ikoyi
bridge due for commissioning today.
However, the House resolved that the state
government should not commence immediate
toll collection on the bridge until it is able to
critically examine the bill and pass it into law.
While suspending further debate on the bill till
Thursday and Friday, the House noted that the
bill came to members very late and given the
technicalities contained in the drtaft, members
would need to take their time and seek experts’
collaboration on the passage.
The bill, with the title: Concession Agreement for
Electronic Tolling System (ETS) of the Lekki-
Ikoyi Toll Bridge was moved through a motion
by the Leader of the House, Ajibayo Adeyeye.
The motion had been seconded by member,
Honourable Sultan Adeniji-Adele.
Adeyeye, while speaking on the bill, stated that
a company, with name Lagos Tolling Company,
had been registered to be in charge of the
concession of the bridge.
According to him, 73 per cent of the gross
revenue from the tolling would go to the state
government, which constructed the bridge,
while the remaining 27 per cent would go to the
Lagos Tolling Company.
But as the Speaker, Adeyemi Ikuforiji, was
about to approve it, the Deputy Speaker,
Honourable Taiwo Kolawole, observed that the
opinions of members needed to be sought by
the speaker.

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by mcevans1(m): 1:42am On Jun 03, 2013
billante:

Foolish human being! Celebrating slavery.....one day ur master will also tax you for sleeping with ur wife!

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by crixusmillz(m): 1:46am On Jun 03, 2013
wink an Exemplary Leader...jeje joor!
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by oshea44: 1:48am On Jun 03, 2013
ILIDEFI:

As if I wasn't in Lagos in 1998. Mind u, I never said Igbos developed Lagos. Lagos was built with Nigerian wealth. So you guys should stop claiming all the glory of Lagos. If u want to talk abt south west, talk abt Ibadan Osogbo, Akure, Ado Ekiti, Abeokuta (former president's city. Guess u know I'm aware of that).

Whether Ekiti or no Ekiti, are Igbo States are collecting allocation money from the govt too? See, Abuja was built by Obasanjo... Abacha did nothing to Abuja, but destroy it and apart from Lagos, kudos to Calabar previous governor, See let the working Lagos Govt work and you people should shut up and stop hating...

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by oshea44: 1:52am On Jun 03, 2013
ILIDEFI:

Guy, your English (both grammar and punctuations) is very terrible. Go back to primary school.

My english is this or that, bottom line, yo papa understand my feelings.. Keep hating, while yo generation keep importing your brothers as slave to sell spare parts... Igbo and Aboki wetin make una different? not so much.... #True...

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by born2fuckpussy: 1:53am On Jun 03, 2013
HNosegbe: This bridge was obviously built for the high-class neighbourhoods of Lekki Phase I and environs... People who can AFFORD to pay the toll.

I would have had issues if the bridge was built (and tolled) at Ayobo, Iyana-Ipaja, Agege, Ajegunle or Ikorodu.

It's a win-win as far as I see. The Lekki folks get the satisfaction of bypassing Ozumba traffic (leaving it less congested for others) and the government makes more money which can be used for other purposes.

Can't complain.
These government are damn crazy, what makes other people living in lekki different? Why will they be paying tolls when government have deducted tax in every forms ranging from corporate tax,land use charge,C of O,tenanment rate to value added tax. Some he-goat still claim they are collecting toll for other purposes, what useless other purposes of collecting tolls when taxes are always been paid everyday, no wonders all these government thief claims they work for nigerians and still pocket 10 trillions in there account....don't let government use the name of high profile people can afford to pay tolls scam nigerians.

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ekoilee: 1:55am On Jun 03, 2013
Yeske!:
http://www.nigeriancurrent.com/news/item/2660-lagos-assembly-suspends-debate-on-lekki-ikoyi-bridge-toll.html

Someone please tell eko-ile that not all Lagosians are happy.

Members of the
Lagos State
House of
Assembly, on
Tuesday,
witnessed a
stormy session
as members
debated a bill
which requested the endorsement of the House
to introduce a toll system on the Lekki-Ikoyi
bridge due for commissioning today.
However, the House resolved that the state
government should not commence immediate
toll collection on the bridge until it is able to
critically examine the bill and pass it into law.
While suspending further debate on the bill till
Thursday and Friday, the House noted that the
bill came to members very late and given the
technicalities contained in the drtaft, members
would need to take their time and seek experts’
collaboration on the passage.
The bill, with the title: Concession Agreement for
Electronic Tolling System (ETS) of the Lekki-
Ikoyi Toll Bridge was moved through a motion
by the Leader of the House, Ajibayo Adeyeye.
The motion had been seconded by member,
Honourable Sultan Adeniji-Adele.
Adeyeye, while speaking on the bill, stated that
a company, with name Lagos Tolling Company,
had been registered to be in charge of the
concession of the bridge.
According to him, 73 per cent of the gross
revenue from the tolling would go to the state
government, which constructed the bridge,
while the remaining 27 per cent would go to the
Lagos Tolling Company.
But as the Speaker, Adeyemi Ikuforiji, was
about to approve it, the Deputy Speaker,
Honourable Taiwo Kolawole, observed that the
opinions of members needed to be sought by
the speaker.

olodo confusing legislative oversight with what's already a done deal. you missed the pictures showing lagosians happily paying tolls and driving through the toll booth or you are just blind?
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Yeske2(m): 2:05am On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee:

olodo confusing legislative oversight with what's already a done deal. you missed the pictures showing lagosians happily paying tolls and driving through the toll booth or you are just blind?
Done deal? Read this.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/137174-lagos-assembly-summons-commissioner-fasholas-aide-over-lekki-ikoyi-link-bridge-toll-fees.html

The two officials are to appear before
the assembly on June 6.
Members of the Lagos State House of
Assembly have summoned the
Commissioner of Works and
Infrastructure, Obafemi Hamsat, to
appear before the House to clarify the
proposed toll fees on the newly
constructed Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by mrofficial(m): 2:07am On Jun 03, 2013
billante:

Foolish human being! Celebrating slavery.....one day ur master will also tax you for sleeping with ur wife!

Let us celebrate Amaechi's suspension. Foolish thing.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by flexshop(m): 2:18am On Jun 03, 2013
Eko Ile:

Celebrating infrastructures is a good thing for the citizenry and the government. They are partners facing the same direction, the citizens are happy that something meaningful is getting done with their money and the government is also happy because the people they serve are happy with their judgement and stewardship.

I do understand that this is new to many nigerians because we have terrible leaders whose interests has nothing to do with serving us talk less deliver credible infrastructures on our behalf, but they do celebrate infrastructures all over the world and their are countless websites on the internet like skyscrapercity dedicated to infrastructures.

And if celebrating infrastructure is not your thing, it doesn't mean such should apply to other people.

In as much as the infrastructural development of LASG is laudable,I insist that roads and bridges are one of the basic ameanities any sane government owes its citizenry.these services are why citizens pay taxes.BRF is the only opposition candidate that I can vote for if he contests for president but I have issues with these sort of things.if there must be tolls,remove taxes and toll all government services. Tolling amounts to double taxation if you ask me. I'm praying the FG does not copy this cos PDP will take it to the extreme,heck,the air we breathe will be tolled

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by SOJ111(m): 2:36am On Jun 03, 2013
If only rich people will swallow panadol for poor man problems the way people here lament about the tolls. This people would sit in der houses when govt increases price of fuel cos they don't give a damn.
Less than 1% of Lagos residents would use that bridge & people would come here to spew trash. We should search ourselves before we make comments atimes. Let any unrest or anything start in Nigeria, they will check out with der family and poverty mentality would make some defend them from spending der money. This is about the only way to collect money from them, let them spend it. If you wan go greet person for Lekki, pass Oniru that is free of charge. Shikena!
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by nuclearboy(m): 2:43am On Jun 03, 2013
flexshop:

In as much as the infrastructural development of LASG is laudable,I insist that roads and bridges are one of the basic ameanities any sane government owes its citizenry.these services are why citizens pay taxes.BRF is the only opposition candidate that I can vote for if he contests for president but I have issues with these sort of things.if there must be tolls,remove taxes and toll all government services. Tolling amounts to double taxation if you ask me. I'm praying the FG does not copy this cos PDP will take it to the extreme,heck,the air we breathe will be tolled

Your double taxation concept makes sense!

However, look at it like this ..... The money raised from the tolls goes to providing more services for Lagosians. Imagine such bridges springing up all over, making the Lagos 6 hour journey become a 30 minute journey - the extra time gained back is worth much more than this toll. Its like buying back man-hours! And time IS money!

Its a brilliant way to raise funds for future development in a situation where there are limited funds and a huge demand for infrastructure to catch up with an exploding population! And I am certain you'd rather use the bridge and get home in good time rather than become hypertensive in 6 hours of traffic.
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 2:43am On Jun 03, 2013
Foul smelling hypocrisy of ACN internet rats on display. These were the same people that opposed the removal of fuel subsidy. They said govt must stop corruption and cut the cost of governance before removing fuel subsidy. But this same people tell us its okay to toll the only major structures built by LASG completely with tax payers money. Why not ask Fashola to stop corruption in the state and reduce cost of govt before imposing extra tax burden on the people? Hypocrites!

Is there much difference between people paying extra through increased fuel price and people paying extra through toll gates. They say there are alternatives but we know the so called alternative routes are 'suffering routes'. It is like choosing between the devil (paying the toll) and the deep blue sea (the so called alternative routes). Hypocrites!

And when people complain, ACN e-warriors will bring up tribal sentiments.

Notwithstanding the shameless hypocrisy, I understand the need for tolling of select roads and bridges to guarantee steady flow of funds to fix more infrastructures. But there are pertinent issues. How are we sure the funds realised from the tolls will be ploughed back to fix more roads? Can we say for sure that the money is not entering Thief Tinubu's or anti-poor Fashola's POCKETS? Why not set up and independent agency or body of govt (LASG) that will SPECIFICALLY manage the funds (collect and plough it back to the roads) ensuring TRANSPARENCY and ACCOUNTABILITY?

Who determines or fixes the toll fees? Is it at the whims and caprices of anti-poor Fashola and thief Tinubu? There should be an independent way of determining fees. I think the N250 or N300 toll fees on that bridge is too exorbitant, especially considering that it was built completely with tax payers money. Why not N50 or at most N100? Why are anti-poor Fashola and thief Thinubu in a HURRY to recoop the investment on the bridge?

5 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by nuclearboy(m): 2:47am On Jun 03, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Foul smelling hypocrisy of ACN internet rats on display. These were the same people that opposed the removal of fuel subsidy. They said govt must stop corruption and cut the cost of governance before removing fuel subsidy. But this same people tell us its okay to toll the only major structures built by LASG completely with tax payers money. Why not ask Fashola to stop corruption in the state and reduce cost of govt before imposing extra tax burden on the people? Hypocrites!

Is there much difference between people paying extra through increased fuel price and people paying extra through toll gates. They say there are alternatives but we know the so called alternative routes are 'suffering routes'. It is like choosing between the devil (paying the toll) and the deep blue sea (the so called alternative routes). Hypocrites!

And when people complain, ACN e-warriors will bring up tribal sentiments.

Notwithstanding the shameless hypocrisy, I understand the need for tolling of select roads and bridges to guarantee steady flow of funds to fix more infrastructures. But there are pertinent issues. How are we sure the funds realised from the tolls will be ploughed back to fix more roads? Can we say for sure that the money is not entering Thief Tinubu's or anti-poor Fashola's pocket? Why not set up and independent agency or body of govt (LASG) that will SPECIFICALLY manage the funds (collect and plough it back to the roads) and give transparent account?

Who determines or fixes the toll fees? Is it at the whims and caprices of anti-poor Fashola and thief Tinubu? There should be an independent way of determining fees. I think the N250 or N300 toll fees on that bridge is too exorbitant, especially considering that it was built completely with tax payers money. Why not N50 or at most N100? Why are anti-poor Fashola and thief Thinubu in a HURRY to recoop the investment on the road?

Dude:

Try to be sincere for once! The argument about fuel subsidy was that it was the poor man's ONLY panacea in a harsh economy. This bridge is the EXACT OPPOSITE as it gets money from only the rich + there are alternative routes which remain FREE!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 Richest Countries In Africa / "Comparing Okorocha With Obiano Is Like Comparing Messi With Sec School Players" / 2023: Tinubu In France For Medical Checkup - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.