Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria (22092 Views)

Breaking News: Kogi State Is Under Attack Right Now. DSS Office Under Siege! / Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 / Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by emmasege: 3:57pm On Jun 03, 2013
U can say that again. A region where people of all faiths are allowed to practise their belief without fear of molestation.
~Bluetooth:

Lagos is the most accomodating state.

Yorubas are the most accomodating ethnic group.

South west is the most accomodating region.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Ikengawo: 3:57pm On Jun 03, 2013
yoruba states are accomodating when others ignore the locals. My sister was rooming with a yoruba girl who would drink from a carton of juice and then spit the juice back into the carton like a baby. Ibadan babe
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by okechukwu2013: 3:57pm On Jun 03, 2013
Borno state of course! Pride of the savanah Lol
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by pastormmadu(m): 3:58pm On Jun 03, 2013
daylae: I mean,accommodating in every sphere of involvements,be it political,economic,and socio-cultural participation of non-indigenes?

its only in anambra that:

1. every1 is equal, no discrimination.
2. Every student pay d same amount flat, no indigene watsoeva.
3. Every1 can own a land, houz, shop or any property witout extra charge as regard 2 origin.
4. Sum1 4rm any state can handle a key position in d state ministry

anambra was knwn as 'home 4 all' until ingrates dat doesnt value goodwill misinterpreted d name, hence anambra changed 2 'light of d nation'

4 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by deleteme: 4:00pm On Jun 03, 2013
An accommodating state should be that state that respects the values of the visitors , no matter the tribe, colour ETC. Then how can someone mention Lagos? No way!! all Lagos State Government policies are against the visitors, the Lagos people hate the visitors too and treat them harshly , just like the way Eko-Ile and Atlantic behaves. Once a Bus conductor or agbero notices that you cant speak yoruba....they'll just be harsh on you. Never it cant be Lagos. The are not friendly at all, instead they are jealous.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by RedLight1: 4:00pm On Jun 03, 2013
kokoye:

If 'accoomadating' does not include cleanliness..you can go to Ibadan.

Take this from a born and bred Ibadan guy.
when was tthe last time you visit ibadan?
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Ikengawo: 4:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
I don't know a state in nigeria that isn't accommodating to some degree. It's only in the north that someone's religion will be an issue. I give credit to places that have never seen religious or ethnic issues like Calabar. The Lagos we're siting was less than 7 years ago an ethnic war zone. Till this day there is still a lot of discrimination

people in Jos will tell you Jos is as well despite the news, but idk I know that in Owerri any and everyone can live their life freely, nobody will ask questions. It's the only state where the government pays for the education of non indigines.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
gratiaeo: Lagos kwa Waiting man no go hear from all this small small pikins way full Nairaland! This Lagos with Omo nile syndrome? until when you buy land and build in Lagos then you go no how far. most greedy and jealous indigens in Nigeria

Thank you
With landlord that will not rent to outsiders
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by theripper3: 4:02pm On Jun 03, 2013
A close tie between Benue and Kogi ( the igala side sha).
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by victorD3: 4:02pm On Jun 03, 2013
sportfeva:
Rubbish, prove it! I read the case of a market here in Lagos where Fashola and co dismantle. Most inhabitant or traders there are the Igbos. Please, let's save all the tribal nonsense and focus on a better united Nigeria. If an area is dirty, what's your effort on community orientation for utmost cleanliness.

I'm surprise you alone is ignorant of this. Who was talking about location or environment? I was talking about mannerism and behaviors. I mean who else will have her baby defecate right next where she prepares Akara and washes the child's bom using the cup she scoops the raw beans to the frying pan.
Listen its a general knowledge about Yorubas and their dirtiness, I knew this even as a child and was surprise when I wanted to rent an apartment in the UK and the Scottish fellow was asking me if I was a Yoruba because he often had some dirty experiences with them living in his house.

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 03, 2013
speeder: Why should u say Lagos is the most accomodating. Lagos is a no one man state. No ethnic group have absolute right their. Infact yorubas are not the true owners. Lagos is inter ethnic by existence.
na ur papa get right there abi were,omo irankiran

9 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Ikengawo: 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2013
He's right. Lagos' first administrators were British, then sierra leonean
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 03, 2013
babyosisi:

Lagos could be said by some to be the most accommodating since most people there migrated from all other states of the nation anyway.
Judging by the attitude of Yoruba here I couldn't classify you as accommodating at all.you are not only jealous but extremely intimidated by the progress of other folks in your midst.

Let us not forget that Lagos is the first state to physically deport fellow tribesmen and Nigerians to other states even though Nigerian constitution guarantees everyone the freedom to live in any part of Nigeria.That is xenophobic.

Igboland,PH and many places in the SS and SE have no history of forcefully removing non indigenes or restricting their movement or calculated violent acts against them.Northern and SW Nigeria has that history.

It is unwise to use the attitude of Yorubas on Nairaland to judge whether their states are accommodating or not. If I were to use your own attitude to judge Igbos, I will assume that most Igbos are unintelligent, lacking in education, rude and intimidated by people who do not share their opinion. However, I cannot use your attitude to judge Igbos because i am not very sure whether you are a freeborn Igbo or an Osu or not even Igbo at all

Please learn to focus on questions and stop promoting tribalism.

14 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Ikengawo: 4:06pm On Jun 03, 2013
victorD3:

I'm surprise you alone is ignorant of this. Who was talking about location or environment? I was talking about mannerism and behaviors. I mean who else will have her baby defecate right next where she prepares Akara and washed the child's bom using the cup she scoops the raw beans to the frying pan.
Listen its a general knowledge about Yorubas and their dirtiness, I knew this even as a child and was surprise when I wanted to rent an apartment in the UK and the Scottish fellow was asking me if I was a Yoruba because he often had some dirty experiences with them living in his house.

my mom told me that when they first openning MMI airport in Lagos there were signs for the muslim yorubas to not washing their buttocks and feet in plain sight before prayer. It's also in Lagos that you see the highest per capita human pheces on the road side and dead bodies.

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Greatken007(m): 4:06pm On Jun 03, 2013
One need to be honest in his/her judgement some times..for me NORTH.But as we all can see boko are Haram have tarnish the image of that region all in the name of Religion.Remove religion they are!!!Before nw i wil say East but My fellow Igbo brothers dont mind cheating a Rev Father when it comes to business.Even with the level of Education, the westerners still av ATTITUDE PROBLEM,they use their language to speak evil of others once they av coded that u dont u/stand it,sometimes they use their noise to disturb everyone around.come to south-south every one is on his own,their wit and homour some times wont let u leave that region.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ikengawo: yoruba states are accomodating when others ignore the locals. My sister was rooming with a yoruba girl who would drink from a carton of juice and then spit the juice back into the carton like a baby. Ibadan babe
birds of a feather flock together,ur sister must be sick in the head too take her to a doctor

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by emmalexabl(m): 4:09pm On Jun 03, 2013
searay: Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you Akwa Ibom State.
I'm not going to say anything here but just visit the state and a trial will convince you. Or do we have Corps members here serving in Akwa Ibom? Tell the house.

It was like a nightmare serving in akwaibom !!
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by mkoabiola: 4:10pm On Jun 03, 2013
Maiduguri of course.

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by cardoso111(m): 4:10pm On Jun 03, 2013
OYO sTATE
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by hardychris(m): 4:17pm On Jun 03, 2013
Enugu state is the most accomodating state in Nigeria. It has less crime rate and there is nothing like tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by jadakiss213(m): 4:21pm On Jun 03, 2013
Decryptor:
Those kind hearted ones have inter-state origins!
What's this Phobia you have for d Yoruba Ethnic Group and its people? U then turn around to call others Ethnic Bigots.ure not better in any way.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by bethnals: 4:24pm On Jun 03, 2013
ai sai "KANO" cool
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by rapmike(m): 4:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
kokoye: Some people are still mentioning Abuja....or comparing Abuja to Lagos.

Does Abuja have a capital city?

S-T-A-T-E

Simple English.
the capital of Abuja is F.C.T..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
instead of saying F.C.T, they are saying ABUJA.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by hotwax: 4:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
percipi1:

It is unwise to use the attitude of Yorubas on Nairaland to judge whether their states are accommodating or not. If I were to use your own attitude to judge Igbos, I will assume that most Igbos are unintelligent, lacking in education, rude and intimidated by people who do not share their opinion. However, I cannot use your attitude to judge Igbos because i am not very sure whether you are a freeborn Igbo or an Osu or not even Igbo at all

Please learn to focus on questions and stop promoting tribalism.

Guy. You are a badoooo

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
Abuja may not be classified because it's not among the 36 states of Nigeria. lagos is.

And pls how is Abia accomodating? is it the same Abia that drove non indegenes from their civil service. Pls let's be truthful in whatever we do and stop being sentimental.

That is T.A Orji stupidty which everyone condemned. Am from imo state but i play Abia politics as if am an indigene from there so do many Anambra men who are heavily involved in Abia politics and no one questions there origin. Abia is one place where no one cares where you come from, just live your life as if you are living in your own village.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Balkan(m): 4:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
Lagos state is out of it. Very jealous Yoruba people are everywhere hunting non indigenes. Try and get to LASTMA office, the only people you see
Their cars vehicles are non indigenes. They are haters of visitors.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by size38: 4:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
To me, its port harcourt. No discrimination, no intimidation, both indigens and non indigens associate freely and do things in common in rivers state
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
I get outraged when I hear some Yorubas say they are accomodating or even the best at accomodating..Go to Idumota,ask a Yoruba how much they pay for shop rent and compare that to what an Igboman pays. You will weep! These people has tried all kind of ways to wipe us out,to impoverish us but instead we keep moving like a soldier!

Most yorubas are very jealous and envious not only for our sagacity in business but for our miraculous comeback after the genocide,the ten pound policy and the indiginization policy. You forced us to be part of this country and that exactly what we are doing...we can't never stop untill the whole Nigerian wealth is in our pocket. Deal with it!

8 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
gboss4sure:

That is T.A Orji stupidty which everyone condemned. Am from imo state but i play Abia politics as if am an indigene from there so do many Anambra men who are heavily involved in Abia politics and no one questions there origin. Abia is one place where no one cares where you come from, just live your life as if you are living in your own village.

Good to know
The Press secretary for a former Enugu State governor was a Yoruba man,you didn't hear Igbos beating drums to broadcast it
There was an Edo adviser in Ohakim's government, we did not sing praises for all to hear
There are non Igbos that own private schools and businesses all over Igboland,nobody dey gyrate

Igbos are very accommodating and not intimidated by outsiders in their homes and outside their homes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita / Bichi As DG DSS: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Most Tribalistic Leader - Southern Leaders / Governor Ayade Gives SUVs To Traditional Rulers Today At CICC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.