Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,923 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria (22064 Views)

Breaking News: Kogi State Is Under Attack Right Now. DSS Office Under Siege! / Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 / Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
kokoye: Some people are still mentioning Abuja....or comparing Abuja to Lagos.

Does Abuja have a capital city?

S-T-A-T-E

Simple English.
AMAC =Abuja Municipal Area Council
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by mikekhan: 4:35pm On Jun 03, 2013
No doubt it is Edo State, very unbiased. They wouldnt even ask you were u r from, and they take pride in being unbiased when dealing with indigenes and non-indigenes alike. Trust me I have visited all regions in Nigeria.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by mikekhan: 4:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
And it is definitely not Lagos or any other Western State were they look at u with scorn immediately they discover u r not Yoruba or dont speak the language

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 4:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
Lagos.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
This is a no-brainer, Lagos state is the most accommodating.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Gboliwe: 4:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ngwakwe: If Abuja is not a State in this context, then Lagos is also ruled out from the list.

Both are Federal Capitals ( For Administration and Business purposes respectively).The pride of both cities are our common patrimony hence the original inhabitants are not more than 30% max. Embassies and Multi-nationals are located in both cities for our national interest.

Abia State carrys the first if my opinion counts.

abia gini? Thats a fat lie. If you must name a se state, it must be a state with a high number of non indigenes, Abia is mostly Abians and a handful of other Igbos, same with imo. Enugu is more accomodating.

Would have said Plateau state but recently, they have a loose screw. Until the tighten that nut, na wa.

It has to be Lagos
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by donpizzle1: 4:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
ijebu, egba is sooo out of it
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by brownlord: 4:41pm On Jun 03, 2013
aquabeing: Osun state

Which of the osun? Omoluabi state? U most be high on drugs, with the useless aregbe policy, intimidating non muslims, my guy, they say accomodating to non indegene, may be na the english dey confuse u
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 03, 2013
Acidosis: ^ ^ one of the reasons I prefer Warri, Abuja, Portharcourt, Lokoja, Benin ...
Everybody is indegene... All speak English/Pidgin..
Even in market, no favoritism, all use the same language.
PH(IKWERE LAND)? No way..
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 4:45pm On Jun 03, 2013
Anywhere in the SW.

Where every religion is well represented
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by dazzle37(f): 4:46pm On Jun 03, 2013
CROSS RIVER STATE ALL THE WAY.

Cross River State is the most accommodating state.

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
dayokanu: Anywhere in the SW.

True. I think the SW is evenly split between Christians and Muslims. In both the SS and SE, Christians make up about 99% of their populations.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by lolzbebe: 4:49pm On Jun 03, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Lagos is the most accomodating state.

Yorubas are the most accomodating ethnic group.

South west is the most accomodating region.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 03, 2013
State of Emergency is the most accommodating State in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by geeez: 4:53pm On Jun 03, 2013
The state that has the most number of non indigenes to indigenes ratio is the most accommodating

Give it to Lagos

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by hardknockbroda(m): 4:54pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ikengawo: Lagos can hardly be called accomodating because the locals try to sense out people that aren't from there and scam them. Prices on everything increase once they know you're not lagosian.

This happens everywhere.. Nt only in lagos
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Lakayana: 4:54pm On Jun 03, 2013
mikekhan: No doubt it is Edo State, very unbiased. They wouldnt even ask you were u r from, and they take pride in being unbiased when dealing with indigenes and non-indigenes alike. Trust me I have visited all regions in Nigeria.
It so accommodating that even their sons and daughters had to runaway to love-vendor or to prostitute
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by originaldave: 4:54pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ikengawo: I don't know a state in nigeria that isn't accommodating to some degree. It's only in the north that someone's religion will be an issue. I give credit to places that have never seen religious or ethnic issues like Calabar. The Lagos we're siting was less than 7 years ago an ethnic war zone. Till this day there is still a lot of discrimination

people in Jos will tell you Jos is as well despite the news, but idk I know that in Owerri any and everyone can live their life freely, nobody will ask questions. It's the only state where the government pays for the education of non indigines.
comon keep quite u jst deh talk nonsense from bigining imo? if ur nt from imo ntin for u com noo even men tion imo jawe,there mind deh for back
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by hardknockbroda(m): 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2013
dayokanu: Anywhere in the SW.

Very true
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Willgates(m): 4:57pm On Jun 03, 2013
Bornu
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by daylae(m): 4:58pm On Jun 03, 2013
babyosisi:

Can anybody tell me any community in nigeria that ever gave free land to migrants?
This is the testimony of a Hausa Sarikin in Aba
That is the hospitality of Igbos
one different case in a million. . .
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by mikekhan: 5:02pm On Jun 03, 2013
Lakayana: It so accommodating that even their sons and daughters had to runaway to love-vendor or to prostitute

Bros abeg where is the correlation between your argument and the subject matter shocked

3 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Drsheddy(m): 5:03pm On Jun 03, 2013
Kogi esp IGALAS nd Enugu
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 03, 2013
Believe you me edo state is the most accommodating including politically ( to a large extent). Any alien is welcome in edo state and can thrive there. Some rural communities even have more aliens (efiks, ibibios, etc) than locals and the have been living happily together for a long time without fighting. Edo state has it for me period.

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 03, 2013
Even though am not Edo but the state is d most accommodating expecially d capital Benin City. U see almost all ethnic group here treated equal. Zero tribalism in higher institution. I was shocked to see many yoruba, igbo lecturers in one of the colleges of education, university. Government offices, banks. Go to my state southwest tribalism everywhere.
Don't include Lagos

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by funnyx(m): 5:09pm On Jun 03, 2013
percipi1:

It is unwise to use the attitude of Yorubas on Nairaland to judge whether their states are accommodating or not. If I were to use your own attitude to judge Igbos, I will assume that most Igbos are unintelligent, lacking in education, rude and intimidated by people who do not share their opinion. However, I cannot use your attitude to judge Igbos because i am not very sure whether you are a freeborn Igbo or an Osu or not even Igbo at all

Please learn to focus on questions and stop promoting tribalism.

Guy you bad gan ni o grin grin
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by originaldave: 5:09pm On Jun 03, 2013
vickkyspassion: abeg, no dey talk dat kind thing again.....I am a yoruba gurl and an serving in Delta presently, I'm living with some Igbos here, and I can tell u dat they are Dirty. Becoz some pple are dirty and dey don't care does not mean the whole Tribe is Dirty. Pls we are in the 21st Century, don't say dat kind of a thing again!
your english alone tells how dirty you are,dirtines is there birth ryt @yoruba's

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 03, 2013
ehizo25: Believe you me edo state is the most accommodating including politically ( to a large extent). Any alien is welcome in edo state and can thrive there. Some rural communities even have more aliens (efiks, ibibios, etc) than locals and the have been living happily together for a long time without fighting. Edo state has it for me period.
I am a living witness to this. You are 150% correct.

+1000000 likes
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by ritux: 5:21pm On Jun 03, 2013
[size=30pt]DELTA STATE[/size]

[size=24pt]
Warri!!![/size]

Reason being that we all speak one language anywhere and anytime (PIDGIN) (that does not mean we can't speak eloquent queen's english)

As a stranger, you can never be lost in the midst of indigenes. In fact, nobody can tell if you are a stranger here.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by fredopayee(m): 5:21pm On Jun 03, 2013
Have you all try home for all?? Check out Anambra State....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi / PHOTOS: Borno Idps Begin Mass Production Of Soap, Detergents, Pomade, Bags / Uduaghan, Oshiomhole, Obaseki, Gowon At Ogbemudia's Burial (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.