Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria (22090 Views)

Breaking News: Kogi State Is Under Attack Right Now. DSS Office Under Siege! / Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 / Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by fxx2: 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2013
who kwows about Benue please?
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by OneNaira6: 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2013
akwa ibom, Enugu, delta (since asaba is where I'm from, don't judge my post using asaba), anambra, onitsha precisely and abuja. of all the areas I've been in Nigeria, these are the states where the indigenous treated me like one of their own. I enjoyed staying/visiting there.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by OneNaira6: 6:57pm On Jun 03, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Lagos is the most accomodating state.

Yorubas are the most accomodating ethnic group.

South west is the most accomodating region.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

It's other Nigerians jobs to tell you if you are accomdating or not, not you telling others you are accommodating. let go of una bigotry once in a damn while. smh
btw: i can tell you right now: the whole thing you wrote is far from the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by IFELEKE(m): 6:58pm On Jun 03, 2013
@Topic
I'll stick with OYO,Ibadan specifically. . .
Wonderful city,Comical People with razor sharp mouth waiting to be unleashed when provoked and a large heart waiting to be shared when needed.
Ibadan people can go out of their way to please strangers/make them feel at home...From Experience.

2 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by iwanchop(m): 6:59pm On Jun 03, 2013
speeder: Why should u say Lagos is the most accomodating. Lagos is a no one man state. No ethnic group have absolute right their. Infact yorubas are not the true owners. Lagos is inter ethnic by existence.

Historian,could you please tell us the true owners of Lagos?
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by banky0503(m): 7:04pm On Jun 03, 2013
Osogbo before ogbeni Aregbe came.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by sunkoye: 7:04pm On Jun 03, 2013
~Bluetooth:

i had to log on becos of you to increase the LIKES. YOU ARE TRUE AKOGUN!
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by emmalexabl(m): 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
iwanchop:

Historian,could you please tell us the true owners of Lagos?

You may wait for eternity and still not get the true answer to that simple question from a yoruba.
Lagos belongs to the AWORIs ..period !!
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Sprumbaba: 7:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
emmysenior: If I were to judge based on what I went through in 2010 as a corper in the hands of my oga in Abeokuta and one yeye Ayola plus some other selfish yoruba people, I would score them 2/10 in terms of accommodating aliens.

Those guys are selfish, selmeat, greedy, pride-ful, backstabers etc. cheesy

But there were some who were kind hearted though.

And what about the IGALAS? Good, Better, Best tongue

Pls read -----» www.nairaland.com/1311692/jonathan-defiled-first-law-power
I faced this too in Abia State. I was even not paid 6 months salary till today. Talk another one.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Sprumbaba: 7:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
banky0503: Osogbo before ogbeni Aregbe came.
Ogbeni na scam.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by duke4ever: 7:41pm On Jun 03, 2013
team Anambraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by sampitts(m): 7:47pm On Jun 03, 2013
u guys are busy talking abt cities or state capitals whereas the topic says 'state' in which i think the villages are also included. I served in oghara, delta state and i tell u, the youths ar smtin else... Nt receptive at all
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by luggy(m): 7:57pm On Jun 03, 2013
i will said that is biafra states, that is the best in africa. that is apart for the civil war, it is peasefully and lovely

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nicepoker(m): 7:59pm On Jun 03, 2013
Akwa ibom takes the lead.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by jjcbuthot: 8:07pm On Jun 03, 2013
Anambra grin grin grin grin grin grin Lol

Too many people from other parts of the country are leaving there - more than foreigners in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by tpia5: 8:10pm On Jun 03, 2013
Red-Light:
when was tthe last time you visit ibadan?

What are you people arguing about, geez.

If a culture is accomodating, its accomodating, and if it isnt , it isnt, and that 's that.

Just learn to be proud of who you are even if accomodating is a foreign word to you.

Why all the gragra from your end.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by emeseilari: 8:13pm On Jun 03, 2013
daylae: just as i thought. . . But someone was trying to deny this,saying edo state instead. Probably because he did his service there.

Guys, its Lagos or nothing. Lagos is home to all. Please put aside sentiments. Lagos is the only place where u have an Ibo man, non Yoruba as COMMISSIONER for so donkey years. I mean COMMISSIONER. Ben Akabueze was, I dont know if he is still, Commissioner for Budget and Economic Planning. Quite a number of the senior staff in its public sector are non-Yorubas. The same goes for a number of the Vice-Chairmen of the LCDAs. Lastly can anyone dispassionately tell me where the average Omo Nna and the average Mallam Aboki don make am pass whenever he is outside his homeland? LAGOS. Walahi na Lagos. Just my opinion......

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Kingspin(m): 8:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
I think edo state come first-forget lagos we know them for their indigene thing esp.toward the igbos but trust us no matter how hard u wona make it for us we sale through..
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by bigfrancis021: 8:43pm On Jun 03, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli: I get outraged when I hear some Yorubas say they are accomodating or even the best at accomodating..Go to Idumota,ask a Yoruba how much they pay for shop rent and compare that to what an Igboman pays. You will weep! These people has tried all kind of ways to wipe us out,to impoverish us but instead we keep moving like a soldier!

Most yorubas are very jealous and envious not only for our sagacity in business but for our miraculous comeback after the genocide,the ten pound policy and the indiginization policy. You forced us to be part of this country and that exactly what we are doing...we can't never stop untill the whole Nigerian wealth is in our pocket. Deal with it!

grin grin
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by esanland: 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Some of u Yorubas need to be reeducated, tribalism has completely blindfolded you all from reasoning correctly. Should every national issues be seen from tribal perspective?
Even your comment is Tribalistic. May God deliver u all. You that is vomiting garbage here you have not cross Niger bridge, talkless of visiting Edo which is just hours away from most Western states. Get a life big for nothing head, Nigeria is bigger than any enthnic group

6 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by oyebanji88(m): 8:56pm On Jun 03, 2013
lagos all the way.....fashola even appointed an ibo commissiona...........Wetin una want again nah yorubas/sw most accommodating people Nigeria as got.....#fact....deal with it.....yorubas man fit be commissiona for North ?..
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Ifems(m): 8:56pm On Jun 03, 2013
percipi1:

It is unwise to use the attitude of Yorubas on Nairaland to judge whether their states are accommodating or not. If I were to use your own attitude to judge Igbos, I will assume that most Igbos are unintelligent, lacking in education, rude and intimidated by people who do not share their opinion. However, I cannot use your attitude to judge Igbos because i am not very sure whether you are a freeborn Igbo or an Osu or not even Igbo at all

Please learn to focus on questions and stop promoting tribalism.
...And what is your problem? and how is he promoting tribalism?I think you're the one discriminating and stop insulting or hating,he just made his point....In my opinion i believe Anambra State is the most accomodating of all the 36 states and FCT.My point,first of all,once an Anambrarian knows you're not from Anambra,he/she try as much as possible to communicate in a language you'll understand unlike other states,second of all,he treats you hospitably from that point till you're gone.An Anambrarian offers you friendship and companionship from his bosom more than any one else.

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by oyebanji88(m): 8:56pm On Jun 03, 2013
lagos all the way.....fashola even appointed an ibo commissiona...........Wetin una want again nah yorubas/sw most accommodating people Nigeria as got.....#fact....deal with it.....yoruba man fit be commissiona for North ?..

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Ibukune(m): 9:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
ALUU
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 03, 2013
Carlmax:

U are spot on!!! Especially Lokoja, nothing like indigenship in that city, everyone is welcome...
But Lokoja weather is terrible! Way-out hot!! If you talk about representation in the corridors of power it is not lokoja!!!
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Greatken007(m): 9:07pm On Jun 03, 2013
ALUU MY OWN TOWN....WE HAVE LEARNT FROM OUR MISTAKE...WE HAVE VOWED NEVER TO HURT A FLY

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Desola(f): 9:08pm On Jun 03, 2013
emmalexabl:

You may wait for eternity and still not get the true answer to that simple question from a yoruba.
Lagos belongs to the AWORIs ..period !!
t

Exactly!

And the Aworis are ibos!
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Highbe(m): 9:11pm On Jun 03, 2013
oluwadare26: Omo, Come Ibadan.... U go enjoy life to the fullest...Everything dey Cheap, u go enter cab 4rm a long distance 4 just #30, They sells the Cheapest food or Meat in Nigeria, Neighbours are very Lively with dat their accent, Bro.., Na Oyo State oo...
Na so my guy.OYO STATE lole she jor.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by stankezzy: 9:16pm On Jun 03, 2013
naffysa: Lagos and kwara
do nt mention kwara here,i did my nysc in kwara,inside one remote village where inly one man understands english nd before i could do any thing ,i have to tell the man so that he will help me to tell them in their language.i was posted to school as i wanted to travell for easter,i told our vice p,a Yoruba man before i even finish,he said ah,do nt worry your self,is it not easter ,go,no problem,then i travelled nd that same Yoruba teacher went to the principal nd told him that ,that ibo boy have absconded.other coppers called me to tell me what happened.i then wondered ,why did yorubas,have chamellion character?
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by stpat1(m): 9:20pm On Jun 03, 2013
Acidosis: Abuja and Portharcourt..

Definitely not ALL PLACES IN Lagos..

I called a friend in Ijanikin, only to hear, the community people are busy with their yearly festival and that no one (non indegene) is allowed to walk on the streets until after 1 week! And all schools, churches, shops are also not permitted to open.. smh! As if that wasn't enough...these community & ancestral tyrants also needs the heads of 10 non-indegenes strangers to sacrifice to their gods.

All these indegenous ancestral garbages are nowhere to be found in my aforementioned accomodating cities.

I no believe
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by McGeorge1(m): 9:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
J12:

No state in nigeria accommodates non-indigenes politically and socio-culturally.
shut that thing Ʊ call mouth! Cross River does

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Olayinka Olayanju: Some Arrested Ibadan Hoodlums Linked To Makinde’s Aides / Drones To Detect Terrorists To Be Made In Ogun State / Assessment Of Some Nigerian Governors In The Year 2015 - Moses Ochonu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.