Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria (22094 Views)

Breaking News: Kogi State Is Under Attack Right Now. DSS Office Under Siege! / Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 / Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Lucasbalo(m): 6:13am On Jun 04, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Lagos is the most accomodating state.

Yorubas are the most accomodating ethnic group.

South west is the most accomodating region.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Right on .
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by kalunomics(m): 6:59am On Jun 04, 2013
babyosisi: Can anybody tell me any
community in nigeria that ever
gave free land to migrants? and also built a mosque in the heart of Aba for them because Abia state is 93% christians... All thanks to Orji Kalu
This is the testimony of a Hausa
Sarikin in Aba
That is the hospitality of Igbos

[author=daylae] one different case in a million. . . [/quote] Same in the heart of owerri, the famous "ama hausa" in douglas road.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 04, 2013
Come to think of it Benue is the most accommodating ;cheap food, good hospitality, freedom.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by kalunomics(m): 7:24am On Jun 04, 2013
omartins: Based on most of what the op list we have many state with those except political. Its only in lagos that someone from other state can hold political post.
Maybe it's a rare incident to occur in SW that you people are incessantly referencing it per second in every tribal post.
Ohakim, the erstwhile governor of Imo state, appointed an edo man in his admnistrative entourage.
The same goes to the erstwhile Governor of Enugu state, Chimaraoke Nnamani, whose press secretary was from a Yoruba tribe.
So spare us this every second of "fashola appointing an Igbo man in his cabinet", because considering the number of people from other Ethnic groups living in Lagos to the ones living in any other part of the nation, we are supposed to have more than that!
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 04, 2013
Beesluv: CALABAR
You mean Cross River? Caliber is a city
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by osram(m): 8:21am On Jun 04, 2013
ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by biomedixexcel(m): 8:33am On Jun 04, 2013
Maiduguri
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by huptin(m): 8:44am On Jun 04, 2013
Balkan: Lagos state is out of it. Very jealous Yoruba people are everywhere hunting non indigenes. Try and get to LASTMA office, the only people you see
Their cars vehicles are non indigenes. They are haters of visitors.

now thats not true, i am a full lagos indigene, even my name is a testimony to that and lastma actually seized my car, ok may be i got off the hook by using a combination of threats and cajoles. In lagos you need some skills to survive indigene or not. However i still see the yorubas as being accomodating, even the yoruba nolly wood is populated by non yorubas Kelvin Ikeduba, Rachael Oniga, Mercy Aigbe etc and you will even see igbos holding top positions in the state civil service, nor forgeting that the commissioner for economic management mr Ben Akabueze is actually Igbo. so may be the non yorubas need to learn how to relate to the yorubas to get the best from their hosts. shikena
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by bigpastor(m): 8:49am On Jun 04, 2013
~Bluetooth:

You failed the question
Which state?
Not tribe or region
No wonder many people failed the last jamb
If you had written the JAMB, I guess you may have made a similar mistake
Notwithstanding the correct anwser is LAGOS
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by bigpastor(m): 8:49am On Jun 04, 2013
~Bluetooth:

LAGOS FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by FOLLEY20(m): 8:50am On Jun 04, 2013
~Bluetooth:

U are very correct. In fact, there is no controversy about this. Yoruba ....... Yes oooo.........
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by FOLLEY20(m): 8:54am On Jun 04, 2013
J12:

No state in nigeria accommodates non-indigenes politically and socio-culturally.
U are not correct. Come to Yoruba land (i.e. South states of Nigeria) & see. Yes! Come & witness this live.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by olajay5: 8:56am On Jun 04, 2013
kulyie: its lagos,ibadan,portharcourt.osun was once accomodating but with a muslim fanatic as governour lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

@kulyie or what did you call yourself? How has the governor become a Muslim fanatic? I am very sure you do not know Aregbesola a bit. The same governor that have a Christian deputy? The governor that celebrate Christmas in the open with different churches and streets jams and bonfire (this has NEVER happen in the history of Osun state). The governor that always provide FREE transport for ALL during ALL festivals (including Easters, Xmas, even Osun river festivals). No governor has EVER done this in the history of Osun state yet a dumb fellow will sit on Nairaland and tag him a Muslim fanatic. Why can’t you guys see beyond ethnic and religion in your analysis of things?
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by olajay5: 9:05am On Jun 04, 2013
kalunomics: Maybe it's a rare incident to occur in SW that you people are incessantly referencing it per second in every tribal post.
Ohakim, the erstwhile governor of Imo state, appointed an edo man in his admnistrative entourage.
The same goes to the erstwhile Governor of Enugu state, Chimaraoke Nnamani, whose press secretary was from a Yoruba tribe.
So spare us this every second of "fashola appointing an Igbo man in his cabinet", because considering the number of people from other Ethnic groups living in Lagos to the ones living in any other part of the nation, we are supposed to have more than that!

It is NOT a rare occurrence. Appointing somebody as a press secretary is not a big deal, but we are talking about appoint an Igboman for commissioner of FINANCE. Not only that, we have Igboman as Local govt chairman, as councilors, Hausaman as councilor and even an Igboman contested for the post of the governor. Tell me ANY other state of the federation where you can get that.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by JOXY(f): 9:12am On Jun 04, 2013
Leaner

speeder: Why should u say Lagos is the most accomodating. Lagos is a no one man state. No ethnic group have absolute right their. Infact yorubas are not the true owners. Lagos is inter ethnic by existence.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by JOXY(f): 9:13am On Jun 04, 2013
Jobless

osram: ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!ZAMFARA IS THE BEST!
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 04, 2013
stankezzy: do nt mention kwara here,i did my nysc in kwara,inside one remote village where inly one man understands english nd before i could do any thing ,i have to tell the man so that he will help me to tell them in their language.i was posted to school as i wanted to travell for easter,i told our vice p,a Yoruba man before i even finish,he said ah,do nt worry your self,is it not easter ,go,no problem,then i travelled nd that same Yoruba teacher went to the principal nd told him that ,that ibo boy have absconded.other coppers called me to tell me what happened.i then wondered ,why did yorubas,have chamellion character?

Are you sure you are a graduate?
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by toygod2: 9:55am On Jun 04, 2013
Akwa ibom
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by 1009ja: 1:42pm On Jun 04, 2013
Certainly not Lagos, not even Abuja (not a state).
There is no state in Nigeria where non natives have been elected
into any political office. Lagos is worst offender in this case.
With non Yoruba percentage of Lagos population close to 40%,
the Lagos state national assembly delegation, the state house of
assembly, the local government chairmen and council members, all governor's
political appointees are all Yorubas. No state in the nation has its non
native population close to that of Lagos. Maybe accomodating has a new meaning.
Check out the Lagos roads in the areas heavily populated by non natives, the Fashola
miracle has yet to affect them.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by 99cent: 3:50am On Jun 05, 2013
pastor mmadu:

in 1998, enugu state was d 1st state in nigeria 2 retrench non-indigenes 4rm dre civil service. B4 abia followed suit. 2day, if u r nt 4rm enugu, u cnt be in dre civil service

yet they are the same people who like to complain of marginalization in other states that are accommodating them.
who knew..
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by osram(m): 7:15am On Jun 05, 2013
JOXY: Jobless

na ur mama n papa dey jobless..idiot
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by osram(m): 7:24am On Jun 05, 2013
JOXY: Jobless

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by daylae(m): 3:55pm On Jun 16, 2018
1009ja:
Check out the Lagos roads in the areas heavily populated by non natives, the Fashola
disagree on this one.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 16, 2018
oluwadare26:
Omo, Come Ibadan.... U go enjoy life to the fullest...Everything dey Cheap, u go enter cab 4rm a long distance 4 just #30, They sells the Cheapest food or Meat in Nigeria, Neighbours are very Lively with dat their accent, Bro.., Na Oyo State oo...

Na true you yearn o. I'm presently in Ibadan for the first time. Everything is cheap here. The day I took a 70 naira cab, I thought I was being kidnapped away from the city. I bought two meats and I was surprised it was the size of five at mavise in Unilag. Their girl are very beautiful too but I don't like women sha. Also noticed these people value wedding rings grin Married peeps are put it on. In Lagos, we don't even know who is married and who isn't.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 16, 2018
kokoye:

If 'accoomadating' does not include cleanliness..you can go to Ibadan.

Take this from a born and bred Ibadan guy.

I don't know the slum where you live in Ibadan but Ibadan seems to be neater than Lagos by far. I just arrived Ibadan and I have been touring. The roads are very good and neat, not traffic jam, nice infrastructure and all. I honestly thought I would be disappointed but I'm actually comfortable here. Where do I need to see this dirty side of Ibadan?
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by willibounce1(m): 8:39pm On Jun 16, 2018
If I were to judge based on what I went through in 2010 as a corper in the hands of my oga in Abeokuta and one yeye Ayola plus some other selfish yoruba people, I would score them 2/10 in terms of accommodating aliens.

Those guys are selfish, selmeat, greedy, pride-ful, backstabers etc. cheesy

But there were some who were kind hearted though.

And what about the IGALAS? Good, Better, Best tongue

Pls read -----» www.nairaland.com/1311692/jonathan-defiled-first-law-power

OLORI PELEBE IPOD MISCREANT....

HAVE YOU BLAMED AFONJAS TODAY?

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by willibounce1(m): 8:43pm On Jun 16, 2018
1009ja:

Do you allow people from other states contest for LG chairmen in your state? do you even allow them live in peace without disturbing with your useless biafrau.d noise?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari's Credentials: Lere Olayinka Writes Head Of Defence / Police Arrest Vigilante Commander For Torturing Female Cop In Anambra / How To Identify A Suicide Bomber - Adamawa State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.