Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) (27934 Views)

The Gospel Of Barnabas Laid To Rest! / Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas / Gospel Of Barnabas: Judas Did Not Betray Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 12:59pm On May 03, 2008
Notes: These were the notes according to Barnabas concerning the early years of Jesus to the full age of prophethood when he left mary. This is similar to the Pauline bible we have now but note that the writings are different and cannot be formed on the basis of current testament of the bible.

You will notice significant differences on how Jesus perceived God and himself. This may be controversial but believe me, I explains that Jesus believed in one God and did not encourage anyone to worship him instead of God.

Enjoy
Frizy wink
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 1:01pm On May 03, 2008
Chapter 11 Jesus Miraculously healeth a leper, and goeth into Jerusalem.

Jesus descending from the mountain to come into Jerusalem, met a leper, who by divine inspiration knew Jesus to be a prophet. Therefore with tears he prayed him, saying; 'Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me.' Jesus answered: 'What wilt thou, brother, that I should do unto thee?'
The leper answered: 'Lord, give me health.'
Jesus reproved him, saying: 'Thou art foolish; pray to God who created thee, and he will give thee health; for I am a man, as thou art.'
The leper answered: 'I know that thou, Lord, art a man, but an holy one of the Lord. Wherefore pray thou to God, and he will give me health.'
Then Jesus, sighing, said: 'Lord God Almighty, for the love of thy holy prophets give health to this sick man.' Then, having said this, he said, touching the sick man with his hands in the name of God: 'O brother, receive thy health!' And when he had said this the leprosy was cleansed, insomuch that the flesh of the leper was left unto him like that of a child. Seeing which namely, that he was healed, the leper with a loud voice cried out: 'Come hither, Israel, to receive the prophet whom God sendeth unto thee'. Jesus prayed him, saying: 'Brother, hold thy peace and say nothing,' but the more he prayed him the more he cried out, saying: 'Behold the prophet! behold the holy one of God!' At which words many that were going out of Jerusalem ran back, and entered with Jesus into Jerusalem, recounting that which God through Jesus had done unto the leper.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 1:03pm On May 03, 2008
Chapter 12 First sermon of Jesus delivered to the people: wonderful in doctrine concerning the name of God.

The whole city of Jerusalem was moved by these words, wherefore they all ran together to the temple to see Jesus, who had entered therein to pray, so that they could scarce be contained there. Therefore the priests besought Jesus, saying: 'This people desireth to see thee and hear thee; therefore ascend to the pinnacle, and if God give thee a word speak it in the name of the Lord.'
Then ascended Jesus to the place whence the scribes were wont to speak. And having beckoned with the hand for silence, he opened his mouth, saying: 'Blessed be the holy name of God, who of his goodness and mercy willed to create his creatures that they might glorify him. Blessed be the holy name of God, who created the splendour of all the saints and prophets before all things to send him for the salvation of the world, as he spoke by his servant David, saying: "Before Lucifer in the brightness of the saints I created thee." Blessed be the holy name of God, who created the angels that they might serve him. And blessed be God, who punished and reprobated Satan and his followers, who would not reverence him whom God willeth to be reverenced. Blessed be the holy name of God, who created man out of the clay of the earth, and set him over his works. Blessed be the holy name of God, who drove man out of paradise for having transgressed his holy precept. Blessed be the holy name of God, who with mercy looked upon the tears of Adam and Eve, first parents of the human race. Blessed be the holy name of God who just punished Cain the fratricide, sent the deluge upon the earth. burned up three wicked cities, scourged Egypt, overwhelmed Pharaoh in the Red Sea, scattered the enemies of his people, chastised the unbelievers and punished the impenitent. Blessed be the holy name of God, who with mercy looked upon his creatures, and therefore sent them his holy prophets, that they might walk in truth and righteousness before him; who delivered his servants from every evil, and gave them this land, as he promised to our father Abraham and to his son for ever. Then by his servant Moses he gave us his holy law, that Satan should not deceive us: and he exalted us above all other peoples.
'But, brethren, what do we to-day, that we be not punished for our sins?'
And then Jesus with greatest vehemence rebuked the people for that they had forgotten the word of God, and gave themselves only to vanity; he rebuked the priests for their negligence in God's service and for their worldly greed; he rebuked the scribes because they preached vain doctrine, and forsook the law of God; he rebuked the doctors because they made the law of God of none effect through their traditions. And in such wise did Jesus speak to the people, that all wept, from the least to the greatest, crying mercy, and beseeching Jesus that he would pray of them; save only their priests and leaders, who on that day conceived hatred against Jesus for having thus spoken against the priests, scribes, and doctors. And they meditated upon his death, but for fear of the people, who had received him as a prophet of God, they spoke no word.
Jesus raised his hands to the Lord God and prayed, and the people weeping said: 'So be it, O Lord, so be it.' The prayer being ended, Jesus descended from the temple; and that day he departed from Jerusalem, with many that followed him. And the priests spoke evil of Jesus among themselves.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by smile4kenn(m): 5:36pm On May 03, 2008
Good nobody is viewing this thread again
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by babs787(m): 6:56pm On May 03, 2008
@Frizy

Salam and thanks for your posts and May He continue to guide you (Amin)

@4Him & Smile4kenn

Do you have anywhere to hide?
Now please read:

In the mid-4th century manuscrpt called Codex Sinaiticus, the Letter of Barnabas and the Shepherd of Hermas are included as part of the New Testament (The New Encyclopedia Britannica, vol. 14. p. 814).

So the question to ask is, 'why did they remove it from NT'?

Anyway, carry on with the thread and I would come in when the time comes.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 8:13pm On May 03, 2008
Babs my brother salam. What some people in the house don't understand is am not here to force them to accept the Gospel, but use their head to know which is which. The Gospel can never be written after The Great Prophet or several years after the Christ ascent. This man was a true disciple and just because it unveils many of the truth, they condemn.

I'll make sure (I.S.A) I respond to all those attack that the book was written in the 14th century for revenge. Revenge of who? The lost!
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 8:34pm On May 03, 2008
Chapter 13 The remarkable fear of Jesus and his prayer, and the wonderful comfort of the angel Gabriel.

Some days having passed, Jesus having in spirit perceived the desire of the priests, ascended the Mount of Olives to pray. And having passed the whole night in prayer, in the morning Jesus praying said: 'O Lord, I know that the scribes hate me, and the priests are minded to kill me, thy servant; therefore, Lord God almighty and merciful, in mercy hear the prayers of the servant, and save me from their snares, for thou art my salvation. Thou knowest, Lord, that I thy servant seek thee alone, O Lord, and speak thy word; for thy word is truth, which endureth for ever.'
When Jesus had spoken these words, behold there came to him the angel Gabriel, saying: 'Fear not, O Jesus, for a thousand thousand who dwell above the heaven guard thy garments, and thou shalt not die till everything be fulfilled, and the world shall be near its end.'
Jesus fell with his face to the ground, saying: 'O great Lord God, how great is thy mercy upon me, and what shall I give thee, Lord, for all that thou hast granted me?' The angel Gabriel answered: 'Arise, Jesus, and remember
Abraham, who being willing to make sacrifice to God of his only-begotten son Ishmael, to fulfil the word of God, and the knife not being able to cut his son, at my word offered in sacrifice a sheep. Even so therefore shalt thou do, O Jesus, servant of God.
Jesus answered: 'Willingly, but where shall I find the lamb, seeing I have no money, and it is not lawful to steal it?' Thereupon the angel Gabriel showed unto him a sheep, which Jesus offered in sacrifice, praising and blessing God, who is glorious for ever.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 8:40pm On May 03, 2008
Fellow nairalanders, at this point you will observe that God's intention was not that Jesus was to be killed or sacrificed as the Pauline Christians believe, Christ was to be saved from death until he comes back at the end of world for a purpose.

Secondly, the chosen of God was Ishmael said angel Gabriel. Believing any contrary means that you're unconvinced or saying the angel says no truth and the rabbis who changed word were right. Thot.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by 4Him1(m): 11:54pm On May 03, 2008
babs787:

@4Him & Smile4kenn

Do you have anywhere to hide?
Now please read:

In the mid-4th century manuscrpt called Codex Sinaiticus, the Letter of Barnabas and the Shepherd of Hermas are included as part of the New Testament (The New Encyclopedia Britannica, vol. 14. p. 814).

So the question to ask is, 'why did they remove it from NT'?

funny, its easy to spot fraudulent people.

The "letter of barnabas" and the "gospel of barnabas" are TWO CLEARLY DIFFERENT THINGS. Bros, ordinary google shld solve your hypocrisy.  grin
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by 4Him1(m): 11:55pm On May 03, 2008
Frizy:

Fellow nairalanders, at this point you will observe that God's intention was not that Jesus was to be killed or sacrificed as the Pauline Christians believe, Christ was to be saved from death until he comes back at the end of world for a purpose.

Secondly, the chosen of God was Ishmael said angel Gabriel. Believing any contrary means that you're unconvinced or saying the angel says no truth and the rabbis who changed word were right. Thot.

Not only is the above false . . . you have woefully failed to explain to us whether Barnabas was speaking Spanish or Italian in the 1st century when he is alleged to have written this "gospel". cheesy
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Uche2nna(m): 12:04am On May 04, 2008
Lol @ the mix-up between the gospel of barnabas and the letter of barnabas. I was like " r u kidding me"
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by 4Him1(m): 12:09am On May 04, 2008
Frizy:

Ok we've heard your rabble. But help me to solve this riddle . . . if Christ didnt die according to you, what happened to Him?
Did He achieve what was IMPOSSIBLE for Mohh'ahmad . . . i.e. ascending to heaven without seeing death?

Frizy:

More rabble. Even the qu'ran says no such nonsense. Pls quote it for us . . . instead of relying on the gospel of barnabas . . . remember you people told us that the true injil was lost . . . where did you find this portion?
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by olabowale(m): 3:23am On May 04, 2008
@Davidylan:

The "letter of barnabas" and the "gospel of barnabas" are TWO CLEARLY DIFFERENT THINGS. Bros, ordinary google shld solve your hypocrisy.
Was either ever part of the NT, according to the referenced Britannica? Why was it there if Barnabas was never a good information source? And why was it removed later? Was the case similar to the NV printed carca 1952, without some part of the core christian statement/beliefs about Jesus, and was reinstated in NV printed in 1971?

Not only is the above false . . . you have woefully failed to explain to us whether Barnabas was speaking Spanish or Italian in the 1st century when he is alleged to have written this "gospel".
David, you should be ashamed of yourself, because you know better than that. You explained Jesus your god position by using documents in Greek. But you know fully well that Jesus' mother tongue was not Greek, but Aramaic or in a lesser sense Hebrew. For his nations consists of two bocks of nations; Judea having two nation tribes and Israel having 10 nation tribes.

So please how you begin to use Greek on us, as you are bullwinkled us with it and make the boundary of nations of israel all of a sudden be the nations of the world. You have a lot of explanation to do. Or maybe you and your buddies did a switcharoo forgetting that Jesus did not speak Greek.

@Uche2nna ;
Lol @ the mix-up between the gospel of barnabas and the letter of barnabas. I was like " r u kidding me"
The joke is on you, buddy. If barnabas was such a terrible man, what would his letters or anything be doing in your Bible in less than 700 years ago, and then by some hoodini flimflam, it is not there today?

@Davidylan;
Ok we've heard your rabble. But help me to solve this riddle . . . if Christ didnt die according to you, what happened to Him?
Did He achieve what was IMPOSSIBLE for Mohh'ahmad . . . i.e. ascending to heaven without seeing death?
While jesus only ascended over 2000 years ago, and has not come back now. But only in the future to die on this earth, Mu/ha/mmad ascended and descended in a part of a single night. What you need to know that every prophet/messenger had a mission. When the circle of responsibility, vis a vis the mission is completed, what occurs is termination as in death. And in the case of jesus, he will come back to renounce whatever fallacious title you have bestowed on him. Then he will complete is other duties and his circle. Death will result, without any doubt. And by the way was Jesus unique according to the Bible in being ascended to heaven, without death? Was Jesus unique in raising up dead, according to the Bible?

More rabble. Even the qu'ran says no such nonsense. Please quote it for us . . . instead of relying on the gospel of barnabas . . . remember you people told us that the true injil was lost . . . where did you find this portion?
This barnabas gospel and others you have rejected have simple pointed to the shurdy handwork of the "Bible Writers" in their easily dictectable dishonesty and corruption. Other clear indication of less than 100% stellar document are those letter from companions, and late comers like paul and company. Here you see that there is an opinion and not inspiration is at work. Example is the issue of covering of head/hair of women. Read your bible. According to all these after Jesus entries, it is obvious that Jesus did not finish anything, contrary to what you continue to say. So who is the liars; the writer of the bible of the whole christian body, throughout the generations.

Where is the beef, David? Aa re ki de she? lol.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by 4Him1(m): 5:47am On May 04, 2008
olabowale:

@Davidylan: Was either ever part of the NT, according to the referenced Britannica? Why was it there if Barnabas was never a good information source? And why was it removed later? Was the case similar to the NV printed carca 1952, without some part of the core christian statement/beliefs about Jesus, and was reinstated in NV printed in 1971?

why shld you expect a blatant fraud to be in the bible?

olabowale:

David, you should be ashamed of yourself, because you know better than that. You explained Jesus your god position by using documents in Greek. But you know fully well that Jesus' mother tongue was not Greek, but Aramaic or in a lesser sense Hebrew. For his nations consists of two bocks of nations; Judea having two nation tribes and Israel having 10 nation tribes.

Bull. Greek was a recognized language in biblical times as well as aramaic and hebrew. Not only does the bible indicate that, archeological evidence and history proves that greek was a language spoken and written down earlier than the 1st century.
Luke was a greek.

Now were Spanish and Italian 1st century languages?

Those are important questions to ask rather than beating about the bush.

olabowale:

@Davidylan; While jesus only ascended over 2000 years ago, and has not come back now. But only in the future to die on this earth, Mu/ha/mmad ascended and descended in a part of a single night. What you need to know that every prophet/messenger had a mission. When the circle of responsibility, vis a vis the mission is completed, what occurs is termination as in death. And in the case of jesus, he will come back to renounce whatever fallacious title you have bestowed on him. Then he will complete is other duties and his circle. Death will result, without any doubt. And by the way was Jesus unique according to the Bible in being ascended to heaven, without death? Was Jesus unique in raising up dead, according to the Bible?

bull! Where did moha'mmad raise any dead?

olabowale:

This barnabas gospel and others you have rejected have simple pointed to the shurdy handwork of the "Bible Writers" in their easily dictectable dishonesty and corruption.

what a shame. The book of barnabas rather points to your own dishonesty.
First you said the bible was lost now u've suddenly found an authentic copy?

there is no argument alhaji, when the judgement comes go and argue your case at the throne of fiery judgement.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 12:10pm On May 04, 2008
4 Him:

what a shame. The book of barnabas rather points to your own dishonesty.
First you said the bible was lost now u've suddenly found an authentic copy?

there is no argument alhaji, when the judgement comes go and argue your case at the throne of fiery judgement.

Wait, note that this Gospel was according to Barnabas- a faithful disciple of Jesus. The Gospel was not written "Gospel according to Jesus" nowwwwwwwww!

The Gospel of Barnabas directly states what the prophet Muh'ammed's taught us that the gospel (a book) was on the head of Jesus. That is why what he (Jesus) said were recorded by Barnabas and fortunately unchanged.

If you took your time to read the Scripture (Chapter 10) then you will see what am saying, rather than criticising. There are now many christians who have read the book and are certain that it is the truth, those don't follow the crowd, but do as God commanded.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 2:29pm On May 04, 2008
Chapter 14 After the fast of forty days, Jesus chooseth twelve apostles.

Jesus descended from the mount, and passed alone by night to the farther side of Jordan, and fasted forty days and forty nights, not eating anything day nor night, making continual supplication to the Lord for the salvation of his people to whom God had sent him. And when the forty days were passed he was an hungered. Then appeared Satan unto him, and tempted him in many words, but Jesus drove him away by the power of words of God. Satan having departed, the angels came and ministered unto Jesus that whereof he had need.
Jesus, having returned to the region of Jerusalem, was found again of the people with exceeding great joy, and they prayed him that he would abide with them; for his words were not as those of the scribes, but were with power, for they touched the heart.

Jesus, seeing that great was the multitude of them that returned to their heart for to walk in the law of God, went up into the mountain, and abode all night in prayer, and when day was come he descended from the mountain, and chose twelve, whom he called apostles, among whom is Judas, who was slain upon the cross. Their names are: Andrew and Peter his brother, fishermen; Barnabas, who wrote this, with Matthew the publican, who sat at the receipt of custom; John and James, sons of Zebedee; Thaddaeus and Judas; Bartholomew and Philip; James, and Judas Iscariot the traitor. To these he always revealed the divine secrets; but the Iscariot Judas he made his dispenser of that which was given in alms, but he stole the tenth part of everything.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by olabowale(m): 5:37pm On May 04, 2008
@Davidylan:
why shld you expect a blatant fraud to be in the bible?
Yor case is like that of John kerry in the '04 presidential season. First he supported the invasion of iraq, and then dis support it. A flipflpper kinda of a guy. No wonder he lost to Duubya.

If anything from Barnabas, who you claimed that everything he wrote was fraudulent had his material entered as part of your so called "words of God", the Bible, then by inference, it is safe to say "WHAT" about the Bible! The operative word here is "Fraud" David.

Then they took out what barnabas said out of the Bible, after sometime. Wow. Is his name still in the NT, per chance? The name of a fraud, that is. Not that he is being lambasted in there. But as a prominent member of the innercircle of your god, Jesus, the songod, the son of man, the prophet who did not have honor at anytime in his own home, the massiah, etc! Per chance you may reflect and know the whole truth, not the spindoctor truth.

I guess while you at it, think about trinity, etc and the power of God and what He will not do because it just does not befit His Majesty. Where is this igbo woman named Osisi?

[Quote]: Bull. Greek was a recognized language in biblical times as well as aramaic and hebrew. Not only does the bible indicate that, archeological evidence and history proves that greek was a language spoken and written down earlier than the 1st century.[/quote] Greek was not the mother tongue of Jesus the master himself. Greek was not what he spoke. Greek was not what he conducted his ministry in. He did not preach his "Gospel" about the places in Greek. His lovely mother was not El Greco. The prophets who were his contemporary did not conduct jewish services in the Temple in Greek. I can continue abou Greek for days, since Jesus did not walk the streets of Greek nation, but rather a hebrew or aramaic tongued villages, towns and cities. But am sure you must now realise your tunnel vision by now.

Well, of course you never saw an aramaic or hebrew Biblical manuscript that dates so far back to the time of Jesus. There lies the core of your mistakes.

Luke was a greek.
And Jesus said that he was not sent but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel! And he further instructed his companions not to enter but only to the homes of the israelites. Further, he even refused to minster to the woman who was not from the tribal nations of israel. He called her in a likeness to dog. Hello, David. If Luke is greek, and a companion of jesus, then we have opposing dynamics in the Bible: Jesus not inviting but the children of Israel to his ministry which is directly opposing the greek Luke being primary in the core group. Unless that Luke was never part of the 12 apostles, or some greek guy took up the name and began to impassionate a Children of Israel.

Houston (David), we have a problem.

Now were Spanish and Italian 1st century languages?
I guess that when Rome was the ruler of the children of israel, which was before and expending past the "Crucifixion" of Jesus, they did have language. There language is Latin and probably a purer Italian. The Italians, a state that Rome was and still a capital of was and still known as speaker of Italian language. The Italian and Spaniard, etc are known as speakers of languages collectively known as latin. Now tell us, is your argument in agreement with known facts? I studied latin as a foreign language in high school. And it sounded like spanish, italian, portuguese, etc to me.

Those are important questions to ask rather than beating about the bush.
I have asked you to answer the important questions, as indicated above. please don't beat about the bush of W!

bull! Where did moha'mmad raise any dead?
Slow your roll, bro. It seems to me that you have agreed that Jesus was not unique among the Biblical prophets in raising the dead. So you turn your attention to Prophet Mu/ha/mmad. Mu/ha/mmad miracles from God Almigty were by far more than all the prophets, from Adam all the way to Jesus, combined. In Surah Nisaa (Chapter 4) verse 11, we read from its explanation that Jabir (ra), a companion in Madina was dying and already going and out of coma, the stage before complete and final removal of soul from the body.

However he had concerns about how his wealth should be distributed. Then the revelation to guide him about it came to the prophet. The prophet went hurriedly to jabir's place. When he got there, jabir was already in a coma. The prophet asked for water for ablustion. he made his ablution, and sprinkle some from hs blessed hand on him. jabir came back to life to receive the instruction of how to distribute his properties. He lived for some time afterwards.

The prophet even spoke to a tree stump which longed for his attention. In both of these cases people were witnesses. But even animals spoke to him, compalining about the illtreatments from their owners. A wolf spoke to a Jewish shephard about him, announcing his arrival in Madina. A fox confirmed his prophethood to another jewish trapper/hunter. A tree witnessed his prophethood to yet another Jew. And so was a stone. Whats your point, David? The immitable Alqu/r'an is enough without any other to confirm his highest level of Messengership. God Almighty Himself is enough as Guarantor.

[Quote];what a shame. The book of barnabas rather points to your own dishonesty.
First you said the bible was lost now u've suddenly found an authentic copy?[/quote] Read my statement, again. What you said here is not what i said. You can not infer it, unless you are reader of mind. What I argued about is that Barnabas material is not 100% correct, but it does not mean that it has nothing correct in it. I specifically stated that the idea that God is One, and that Jesus is no part of God is correct. If only this, am satisfied.

I bought many copies of the gospel of Barnabas many years ago and stop reading it when I read how he describes the day of resurrection. His sequence of the persons who resurrected first, and so on does disagree with Q/ur'an and hadith. I don't think with my elbow, you know.

But we are not arguing. I know that your judgement includes but probably not limited to rapture, whereby you go flying about the sky. I wonder what happened to Farwel, the great proponent of this concept? Oh, he is dead, just like what is expected of all human beings. And the adage you only truly die once, will apply to Jesus (as) later. But for me, i will be looking forward to my reward of the best of what good rewards consist of. I mean women, etc. I don't mean the kind of nossycheek who precipitiously assumed the unassumable. Since I do not drink, and the drink that will be available in the Paradise will not give a hangover, i will reserve mine fun till then. I want the best of everything. I do not have to be worshipping unend like what you will be doing in your heaven, if your heaven even exist. What level is that heaven, am sure you don't know, since we have 7 heavens even no
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 6:57pm On May 04, 2008
Chapter 15 Miracle wrought by Jesus at the marriage, turning the water into wine.

When the feast of tabernacles was nigh, a certain rich man invited Jesus with his disciples and his mother to a marriage. Jesus therefore went, and as they were feasting the wine ran short. His mother accosted Jesus, saying: 'They have no wine.' Jesus answered: 'What is that to me, mother mine?' His mother commanded the servants that whatever Jesus should command them they should obey. There were there six vessels for water according to the custom of Israel to purify themselves for prayer. Jesus said: 'Fill these vessels with water.' The servants did so. Jesus said unto them: 'In the name of God, give to drink unto them that are feasting.' The servants thereupon bare unto the master of the ceremonies, who rebuked the attendants saying: 'O worthless servants why have ye kept the better wine till now?' For he knew nothing of all that
Jesus had done.

The servants answered: 'O sir, there is here a holy man of God, for he hath made of water, wine.' The master of the ceremonies thought that the servants were drunken; but they that were sitting near to Jesus, having seen the whole matter, rose from the table and paid him reverence, saying: 'Verily thou art an holy one of God, a true prophet sent to us from God!'

Then his disciples believed on him, and many returned to their heart, saying: 'Praised be God, who hath mercy upon Israel, and visiteth the house of Judah with love, and blessed be his holy name.'
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 6:59pm On May 04, 2008
Chapter 16 Wonderful teaching giving by Jesus to his apostles concerning conversion from the evil life.

One day Jesus called together his disciples and went up on to the mountain, and when he had sat down there his disciples came near unto him; and he opened his mouth and taught them, saying: 'Great are the benefits which God bath bestowed on us wherefore it is necessary that we should serve him with truth of heart. And forasmuch as new wine is put into new vessels, even so ought ye to become new men, if ye will contain the new doctrine that shall come out of my mouth. Verily I say unto you, that even as a man cannot see with his eyes the heaven and the earth at one and the same time, so it is impossible to love God and the world.

'No man can in any wise serve two masters that are at enmity one with the other: for if the one shall love you, the other will hate you. Even so I tell you in truth that ye cannot serve God and the world for the world lieth in falsehood, covetousness, and malignity. Ye cannot therefore find rest in the world, but rather persecution and loss. Wherefore serve God and despise the world, for from me ye shall find rest for your souls, Hear my words for I speak unto you in truth.

'Verily, blessed are they that mourn this earthly life, for they shall be comforted.
'Blessed are the poor who truly hate the delights of the world, for they shall abound in the delights of the kingdom of God.
'Verily, blessed are they that eat at the table of God, for the angels shall minister unto them.
'Ye are journeying as pilgrims. Doth the pilgrim encumber himself with palaces and fields and other earthly matters upon the way? Assuredly not: but he beareth things light and prized for their usefulness and convenience upon the road. This now should be an example unto you; and if ye desire another example I will give it you, in order that ye may do all that I tell you.

'Weigh not down your hearts with earthly desires, saying: "Who shall clothe us?" or "Who shall give us to eat?" But behold the flowers and the trees, with the birds, which God our Lord clotheth and nourisheth with greater glory than all the glory of Solomon. And he is able to nourish you, even God who created you and called you to his service; who for forty years caused the manna to fall from heaven for his people Israel in the wilderness, and did not suffer their clothing to wax old or perish, they being six hundred and forty thousand men, besides women and children. Verily I say unto you, that heaven and earth shall fail, yet shall not fail his mercy unto them that fear him. But the rich of the world in their prosperity are hungry and perish. There was a rich man whose incomings increased, and he said, "What shall I do, O my soul? I will pull down my barns because they are small, and I will build new and greater ones: therefore thou shalt triumph my soul!" Oh, wretched ban! for that night he died. He ought to have been mindful of the poor, and to have made himself friends with the alms of unrighteous riches of this world; for they bring treasures in the kingdom of heaven.

'Tell me, I pray you, if ye should give your money into the bank to a publican, and he should give unto you tenfold and twentyfold, would ye not give to such a man everything that ye had? But I say unto you, verily, that whatsoever ye shall give and shall forsake for love of God, ye receive it back an hundred-fold, and life everlasting. See then how much ye ought to be content to serve God.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by babs787(m): 9:32pm On May 05, 2008
@4him

The "letter of barnabas" and the "gospel of barnabas" are TWO CLEARLY DIFFERENT THINGS. Bros, ordinary google shld solve your hypocrisy.

I couldnt help marvelling at your ignorance. You claimed that letter is different from Gospel. Now if you would reason for a minute, is the gospel of Luke not a letter but it is called a gospel. Read from the beginning and acquire knowledge.

Now back to the issue of letter/gospel of barnabas which you are trying to deny, do you have the letter anywhere? Some may use Gospel while other may use letter and it mean same thing just like the gospel of Luke and others in your bible. So you have nowhere to hide bros cheesy

Carry on, I still dey around the corner dey read from una
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by 4Him1(m): 5:09am On May 06, 2008
babs787:

@4him

I couldnt help marvelling at your ignorance. You claimed that letter is different from Gospel. Now if you would reason for a minute, is the gospel of Luke not a letter but it is called a gospel. Read from the beginning and acquire knowledge.

Now back to the issue of letter/gospel of barnabas which you are trying to deny, do you have the letter anywhere? Some may use Gospel while other may use letter and it mean same thing just like the gospel of Luke and others in your bible. So you have nowhere to hide bros cheesy

Carry on, I still dey around the corner dey read from una

bros, your insistence on being ignorant is apalling but not strange for a mus'lim.
Just do a google search for "letter of barnabas" and "gospel of barnabas". You'll come up with TWO DIFFERENT articles. Infact just to help you save face just click on the links.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by LAKANYE(m): 5:16am On May 06, 2008
4HIM,

WHY DOES THE WHOLE WORLD THINK YOU ARE IGNORANT I FIRST DIAGNOSED YOU THAT INCURABLE DISEASE!!!

4 Him:

bros, your insistence on being ignorant is apalling but not strange for a mus'lim.
Just do a google search for "letter of barnabas" and "gospel of barnabas". You'll come up with TWO DIFFERENT articles. Infact just to help you save face just click on the links.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by 4Him1(m): 5:16am On May 06, 2008
Gospel of Barnabas - fact or fiction?

Barnabas says:
Jesus confessed and said the truth, "I am not the Messiah". (chap. 42). Then said the priest: "How shall the Messiah be called?" ,  (Jesus answered) "The Great Prophet is his blessed name" (chap. 97).

And the qu'ran?
God giveth thee glad tidings of a word from him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary Qur'an 3:45

How could barnabas and the qu'ran be in such conflict??
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by 4Him1(m): 5:17am On May 06, 2008
LAKANYE~:

4HIM,

WHY DOES THE WHOLE WORLD THINK YOU ARE IGNORANT

At least they don't think i'm a fool unlike you. Dont use "the whole world" as a smokescreen for your own shame.
I think your pain has more to do with my evaluation of your irresponsible nature. You're better advised to go grow up.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by 4Him1(m): 5:24am On May 06, 2008

Barnabas says:
Chapter 3: The virgin was surrounded by a light exceeding bright, and brought forth her son without pain,

And the qu'ran?
Surah 19:22. So she conceived him, and she retired with him to a remote place.

23. And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm-tree: She cried (in her anguish): "Ah! would that I had died before this! would that I had been a thing forgotten and out of sight!"

How could barnabas and the qu'ran be in such conflict??
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by 4Him1(m): 5:28am On May 06, 2008

Barnabas says:
Verily I say unto thee that the heavens are nine, among which are set the planets, that are distant one from another five hundred years journey for a man (chap. 178).

And the qu'ran?
The seven heavens and the earth praise Him - Qur'an 17:44

Still think Barnabas knew what he was talking about?
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by 4Him1(m): 5:33am On May 06, 2008

Barnabas says:
(I)nsomuch that the year of Jubilee, which now comes every 100 years, shall by the Messiah be reduced to every year in every place (chap. 82).

And the bible?
Consecrate the fiftieth year and proclaim liberty throughout the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a jubilee for you; each one of you is to return to his family property and each to his own clan. The fiftieth year shall be a jubilee for you - Leviticus 25:10-11

How could Barnabas, a jew, have made such a gaping error? The only probable explanation is that this false Barnabas lived in 14th century, around the same period Pope Boniface changed the jubilee celebration to every 100 years.

Still think this Barnabas is genuine?
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by 4Him1(m): 6:25am On May 06, 2008

Barnabas says:
Then said Jesus: 'Adonai Sabaoth!' Whereupon straight-way the soldiers were rolled out of the Temple as one rolleth casks of wood when they are washed to refill them with wine; insomuch that now their head and now their feet struck the ground, and that without anyone touching them. Chapter 152.

Skins were used to store wine in those days, wooden barrels had not been invented.

'As God liveth, in the time of Elijah, friend and prophet of God, there were twelve mountains inhabited by seventeen thousand Pharisees; and so it was that in so great a number there was not found a single reprobate, but all were elect of God. But now, when Israel hath more than a hundred thousand Pharisees, may it please God that out of every thousand there be one elect!' Chapter 145

Pharisees in the time of Elijah?? shocked Uncle barnabas!

Jesus confessed, and said the truth: 'I am not the Messiah.' Chapter 42
Barnabas, apostle of Jesus the Nazarene, called Christ, to all them that dwell upon the earth desireth peace and consolation. - Prologue

Maybe someone should remind brother Barnabas that "Christos" is the greek word for the Hebrew "Messiah".
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Backslider(m): 9:23am On May 06, 2008
@ Topic

This book is Historically and geographically flooded with fraud.

This books is second to another fraudulent book called the al qu, ran

The author of the book is a demon called deceiver
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by samba123(m): 10:32am On May 06, 2008
what a strange the christian call it a fraud and fraudulent book or demon book what a histerical views among you people Barnabas is a disciple of Jesus(as) and now they called him a fraud one fellow. undecided
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by smile4kenn(m): 10:49am On May 06, 2008
This book is a Big fraud, I wonder why of all foolish scholars, a Nigerian is professing this book here on Nairaland
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by 4Him1(m): 1:30pm On May 06, 2008
samba123:

what a strange the christian call it a fraud and fraudulent book or demon book what a histerical views among you people Barnabas is a disciple of Jesus(as) and now they called him a fraud one fellow. undecided

the usual revisionist, backward thinking of the dishonest mus'lim.
Barnabas was not a disciple of Jesus . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

How Can A Guy Touch You Because He Bought Shawarma For You? — Pastor Asks Ladies / Pastor Nike Adeyemi Dancing Zanku And Leg Work / Funny Questions Nigerian Christians Ask Atheists..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.