Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover (18004 Views)

Hilarious Picture Of Ajimobi And Akala. / Obasanjo Host Tinubu, Mark, Ladoja And Others At His Hilltop Mansion. / Oyo Stood Still For Ladoja And Accordparty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by texaco1: 1:48pm On Jun 06, 2013
Ola one:

You're overrating Alaafin. undecided
thank u,pls kindly help me explain to him.they all feel that it was alafin that won the election for ajimobi.pls help me enlighten them more
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 06, 2013
RedReact:
Let's put sentiment aside; whom would you prefer among the trio?
That the Ibadan people will decide. In fairness, with a unified PDP,Akala wil easily sweep the votes. FORGET about ACN propaganda, Akala is loved in OGBOMOSO and in some section of Ibadan. Ladoja stronghold is in Ibadan... Were ADEDIBU alive, Akala will still have remained Governor. Pa Adedibu is a grassroot man and Ibadan strongman, he'd easily influence votes to Akala's favor EXCEPT the supreme God decide otherwise.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:51pm On Jun 06, 2013
Baba_Eleko: Awon mejeji oni ku ire. sad sad
grin waa gbayi omode yi. Wa jere! grin
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by TriPorth: 1:52pm On Jun 06, 2013
Ola one:

You're overrating Alaafin. undecided
Didn't. Akala-Ladoja probably underrated him. Well, Obasanjo did not when he offer to plead with Alaafin, but sent his wife to Ebora instead. We need study the precursor to the 2011 election and deduce where the pendulum will eventually swings in 2015.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by aglomar: 1:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
Akala the traitor with his former oga! hmm. let's see how the people will take this.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by daylae(m): 1:54pm On Jun 06, 2013
These two Oyo hillibillies are back again!? Just when i thought the state is bringing itself to daylight again! Old school politics is a backward style of politics,and these ones are the two llamas left. We don't want politics of the mohicans in my state again! Where developmental progress is just an anomalous. But i want to believe people are wiser now,they dont mind taking their gifts,and voting the right person for the job. More politics >> less govenance. . .that's what these two can offer! Jiggerboos!
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by akinzyakin(m): 2:00pm On Jun 06, 2013
Baba_Eleko: Awon mejeji oni ku ire. sad sad
Ammmiiinnn....Fanx bro....#GraTiTude#....*continues playn dammy krane*
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by jibsai(m): 2:07pm On Jun 06, 2013
texaco1:
thank God i am discussing with a very inteligent man that knows the happening very well.ok
i dont really feel like exposing much but i will due to the inteigent way and manner you have exhibited .
something happened on the election day at the coaliation centers ,i wont go into details but i will brief u.u can verify this from acn members,when the results were been brought him akala was leading,it was at this juncture an emergency meeting was called between ladoja and ibadan elders ,it was there he was prevailed upon to save ibadan,all the votes of oke ogun,ibarapa and all other were comin ,ladoja then asked them to leave 4 local goverments,ibadan south and some other 3.it was the combination of ap and acn votes in these local govts that tilted the balance.u can verify thiis.an agreement was reached before ladoja did what he did.

Just shut d Fvck up...nonsense shytt ur talkin about akala was leadin ow?? He freaking trailed till d end evn after tactically delayin ogbomosho nlg result! Ibsw was last result nd there was ow it was official can won...who give a damn about ur BS here! All I kno his we now think of what's best 4 our state nd dzz 2 deadly tugs is not needed

1 Like

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by tomakint: 2:08pm On Jun 06, 2013
jibsai:

U keep mentioning ibadan grassRoot politics...I believe those days are behind us, molete installed Govs (both ladoja nd akala) were voted out easily! We care about development, peace nd ofcos economic growth which is wat we r witnessing in oyo now, I believe ibadan's 11lG is totally supportin ajimobi 10lg of oke-ogun areas hv witnessed more progres combine d two past govs...3lgs of ibarapa always go wt ib...livin oyo 4lgs sitting on d fence...yea ogbomosho (5lgs)is stronghold of akala buh common a sitting gov we always make is mak...do d maths 11 + 10 + 3=24 good lukin wins 4 ajimobi//oyo 4lgs I am not sure buh I giv ajimobi 2 to 3 of dat area
You don't seem to understand Oyo politics, kindly read up Texaco1, RedReact, barcanista's posts here for more enlightenment!
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by texaco1: 2:14pm On Jun 06, 2013
TriPorth: Your claim is unfounded. Who among Ibadan elders pleaded with Ladoja? Why all these concocted lies in order to give face to those already spent politically? To set the record straight for you, Ajimobe from the start of the race knew he would never win in Ibadan, owing to his popularity and the brigandage that rented the moment. Contrary to your claim, Ladoja "fight tooth and nail" but eventually lost to Akala in Ibadan. Ajimobi beats the duo miraculously in Ibadan and consolidate record with his triumph in Oke-Ogun with the aid of Ikubabayeye-Alaafin Oyo. Despite the money rain, bloodletting and intimidation they lost to Ajimobi. This is the rundown, the lesson here is that the votes in Ibadan didi not seal the Ajimobi victory but that from Oke-Ogu. Does the Oke-Ogun belong to Alao-Adewolu? I believe it's in the confide of Ikubabayeye. This should summarize the 2015.
i wont trade words with u .
nairaland.com/655358/latest-election-result-oyo-state

1 Like

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by texaco1: 2:15pm On Jun 06, 2013
jibsai:

Just shut d Fvck up...nonsense shytt ur talkin about akala was leadin ow?? He freaking trailed till d end evn after tactically delayin ogbomosho nlg result! Ibsw was last result nd there was ow it was official can won...who give a damn about ur BS here! All I kno his we now think of what's best 4 our state nd dzz 2 deadly tugs is not needed

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by tomakint: 2:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
texaco1:
i wont trade words with u .
I like that, too many babies in the house! We are discussing politics, these young minds are discussing emotions undecided
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by deols(f): 2:24pm On Jun 06, 2013
Read the topic only

and all I can say is,
Mr. Ladoja may be digging his own political grave.

How do you hope to beat a PERFORMING governor by teaming with someone like Akala

Ladoja appears ungrateful to the good people of Oyo state who stood by him during his trying period.

We reject another Akala or Ladoja in Oyo state.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by texaco1: 2:26pm On Jun 06, 2013
tomakint:
I like that, too many babies in the house! We are discussing politics, these young minds are discussing emotions undecided
ok,it is up to them to adjust.they should just kno this PDP REMAINS THE PARTY TO BEAT AND THE PARTY TO BE IN.the ibadan south west votes was what changed everything ,right now with pdp fully united ,with ladoja back no party can defeat pdp in oyo state
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by texaco1: 2:28pm On Jun 06, 2013
deols: Read the topic only

and all I can say is,

How do you hope to beat a PERFORMING governor by teaming with someone like Akala

Ladoja appears ungrateful to the good people of Oyo state who stood by him during his trying period.

ho told u ladoja will contest?they are already looking for a candidate that will appeal to the grassroot.just relax and watch .
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by jiffylibra: 2:28pm On Jun 06, 2013
barcanista: If this news is true then Ajimobi is in trouble. Those who follow SW politics know that NO GOVERNOR HAVE WON RE-ELECTION since the History of Oyo State. Akala lost because Ibadan People said NO SECOND TERM that Ibadan man must succeed Him. Akala is from Ogbomoso with full support but he LOST because Ibadan was not on his side. Ladoja is an Ibadan man so collaborating with Akala will mean KNOCK-OUT for Ajimobi. May the better candidate win

You seems to understand oyo state politics. Let those who are commenting here find out the result of Last election in Oyo state and they will realise that their unity is a big problem for Ajimobi.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by danjohn: 2:30pm On Jun 06, 2013
I hear that governor Ajimobi is not doing anything in Oyo state. He was elected on Fashola's coattails and chances are that he may not win reelection.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by jiffylibra: 2:34pm On Jun 06, 2013
floriana: This story reminds me of how two fierce enemies, Herod and Pilate became friends in the bible so that they can successfully kill Jesus
Yes, you are right. It is exactly like that. AND THEY SUCCEEDED IN KILLING HIM!
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Madawaki01(m): 2:46pm On Jun 06, 2013
If those two[akala nd ladoja] succed in teamin up nd find a very popular candidate frm mayb oyo,den 4get it,they wud remove ajimobi,we all knw akala controls ogbomosho nd ladoja controls d bigger half of ibadan..nd akala's infastructural development in oyo state cnt b matched by any governor
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Madawaki01(m): 2:48pm On Jun 06, 2013
Madawaki01: If those two[akala nd ladoja] succed in teamin up nd find a very popular candidate frm mayb oyo,den 4get it,they wud remove ajimobi,we all knw akala controls ogbomosho nd ladoja controls d bigger half of ibadan..nd akala's infastructural development in oyo state cnt b matched by any governor
but they shud use anoda party apart frm pdp..
Pple ar more concerned about their welfare nt about how roads ar neat,this is one area akala xcelled...let's just wait nd see
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
Madawaki01: If those two[akala nd ladoja] succed in teamin up nd find a very popular candidate frm mayb oyo,den 4get it,they wud remove ajimobi,we all knw akala controls ogbomosho nd ladoja controls d bigger half of ibadan..nd [b]akala's infastructural development in oyo state cnt b matched by any governor[b/]

Wow! Pls give us an example of this unmatchable infrastructural developments by akala, this is the first time I am hearing about it.

1 Like

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 06, 2013
Madawaki01: but they shud use anoda party apart frm pdp..
Pple ar more concerned about their welfare nt about how roads ar neat,this is one area akala xcelled...let's just wait nd see

This guy you are high o, roads were neat during akala regime?
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by funshint(m): 2:56pm On Jun 06, 2013
texaco1:
akala lost that election because ladoja entered the race.akala was leading till the last minute when ibadan elders under the order of the king went to plead with ladoja ,some things happened which i cant say here that ladoja did to tilt it in favour of ajimobi.
akala had always said it that 10 tinubu cant displace him.the agreement reached between ajimobi and ladoja on the election day was what saved acn ,now that ajimobi has reneged on his agreement ladoja has no choice but to come back to pdp.no matter what ajimobi do or does he cant win in 2015.the best he can do now is to perform credibly and support another person withing acn .if acn should make the mistake of fielding him they will lose
Hey Mr man stop saying trash; when you don't know something you keep quiet! Let me give you the real facts before people like you start distorting history. Before the election in 2011; Ajimobi/ACN clearly had the highest chance of winning because people were already tired of the setback brought upon them by the Akala/PDP administration in Oyo state. Remember that prior to the election Ladoja never intended running for the governorship because of the tense political climate of Oyo state at that time. Now the election was clearly between Ajimobi and Akala with Ajimobi having the higher chance between the duo; Ladoja was not even in the equation. Now let me list out the things that gave Ajimobi/ACN advantage over Akala:
1. Mal-administration by Akala/PDP government in Oyo state in terms of unprecedented level of violence in the state, decay of infrastructures and the general high level of ineptitude/incompetence exhibited by the Akala/PDP government in the state.
2. The rising profile of ACN in south-west as a development oriented party
3. Governor Babatunde Fashola's ACN led administration in Lagos state which people saw as a model type of government worthy of emulation
4. Ajimobi's antecedent in politics of Oyo state being a former senator in the state from 1999-2003 and having clearly won the gubernatorial election under ANPP in 2007 but denied his victory by Obasanjo/PDP's style of election rigging/manipultion
5. PDP's falling profile in Southwest having lost Osun, Edo, Ekiti, Ondo and a perpectual loser in Lagos state.
6. The electoral reform with the new system of voting introduced by INEC/Jega through declaration of votes at each polling centres before collation thus making rigging and manipulation of election result/figures very difficult.
7. The conflict between Akala and Alaafin of Oyo which the later sworn never to support Akala thus aligning his support with Ajimobi/ACN
It is so irritating whenever people say Ladoja helped Ajimobi to win in 2011; as we all know that Ladoja did not come out until very few months to the election when he realised that the opposition had gained a solid support in the state. Look, majority of people that voted for Ladoja were erstwhile in support of the oppostion led by Ajimobi/ACN. Ladoja was only able to gain their support because of the sympathy most people felt for him having been betrayed by Akala when he was the governor. He(Ladoja) started running a campaign of sympathy through the video he was distributing showing the political crises, betrayal and his eventual impeachment when he was governor in Oyo state; check
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Tt4f9c974. Also he succeeded in brainwashing many people by running campaign of blackmail/falsehood against ACN especially against Bola Tinubu; alleging them of coming to Oyo state with the intention to loot and share the state treasury. But because people wanted a change and still considered Ladoja as birds of thesame feathers with PDP; majority still gave their unalloyed support to Ajimobi/ACN. Infact with Ladoja coming into the race he was considered as a "spoiler" because he almost divided the vote of the opposition which would have giving Akala/PDP undue advantage if not for God. Also don't forget that Ladoja many times vehemently opposed stepping down for Ajimobi because of his own selfish ambition to return to the government house. And also most people that voted for Ladoja only voted for him out of sympathy; not based on performance because he was also as useless as Akala when he was the governor.
Now with Ladoja aligning his support with that beast called "Akala" he's going to lose a lot of admirers and supporters, infact he just dug his grave politically. And also not forgetting that Ladoja is a coward as regards honouring agreements and Akala is known for being a serial betrayal; this is a union between two crocodiles because none of the two will step down for eachother when the time comes thus the union is bound to fail and Oyo state people are not ready for the repeat of violence/turmoil brought upon them by these two dogs(Akala and Ladoja). This union is nothing but a farce; it is bound to FAIL!!!
Let me state it LOUD and CLEAR now with the unprecedented high level of performance and governance by the ACN/Ajimobi led administration in Oyo state, let 1000 Ladoja/Akala come together to fight Ajimobi they will be squarely be defeated and disgraced by God's grace!!!

1 Like

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by jiffylibra: 2:57pm On Jun 06, 2013
texaco1:
akala lost that election because ladoja entered the race.akala was leading till the last minute when ibadan elders under the order of the king went to plead with ladoja ,some things happened which i cant say here that ladoja did to tilt it in favour of ajimobi.
akala had always said it that 10 tinubu cant displace him.the agreement reached between ajimobi and ladoja on the election day was what saved acn ,now that ajimobi has reneged on his agreement ladoja has no choice but to come back to pdp.no matter what ajimobi do or does he cant win in 2015.the best he can do now is to perform credibly and support another person withing acn .if acn should make the mistake of fielding him they will lose
YOU ARE RIGHT, ITS OBVIOUS YOU LIVE IN iBADAN AND YOU KNOW ABOUT THE STORY BACK THEN. UNFORTUNATELY MANY PEOPLE COMMENTING HERE DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OYO STATE POLITICS. POLITICS IN OYO IS UNLIKE IN OTHER STATE,IT IS MORE OF GRASSROOT HERE THAN 'FACELIFTING THE TOWN'. TO WIN ELECTION IN OYO STATE YOU HAVE TO BE WELCOMED AND ACCEPTED BY THE GRASSROOT. AND THIS IS WHERE LADOJA AND AKALA EXCELS BEYOND AJIMOBI. AJIMOBI HAS DESTROYED THE GRASSROOT( I STAND TO BE CHALLENGED FOR MAKING THAT STATEMENT). HIS GEVERNMENT IS MORE OF THE ELITES THAN THE GRASSROOT. WE CAN TALK ONLINE FROM NOW TILL ELECTION TIME, THAT DOES NOT CHANGE THE STYLE OF VOTING IN OYO STATE. UNFORTUNATELY, MAJORITY OF THE ELITES IN THE STATE(EVEN HERE ON NL) WILL NOT COME OUT TO VOTE ON ELECTION DAY, ABI, HOW MANY OF YOU HERE CAN AFFORD TO QUEUE UP IN THE SUN ON THAT DAY, MANY HERE WILL BE ON THEIR SYSTEM OR WATCHING FILMS AND MONITOR HOW THINGS IS GOING ON ON THE RADIO OR TV. IT IS THOSE IN THE GRASSROOT THAT WILL COME OUT, STAY WHETHER RAIN OR SUNSHINE TO VOTE AND THAT IS WHY ACCORD PARTY OF ROUGHLY 4 MONTHS WAS ABLE TO PERFORM WELL IN THAT ELECTION BECAUSE ITS A PARTY OF THE GRASSROOT AND LADOJA IS A 'GRASSROOTER', HE UNDERSTANDS OYO POLITICS THAN AJIMOBI.
THE RESULT OF 2011 SHOWS WHAT COULD LIKELY HAPPEN IN 2015 PROVIDED THE ACCORD BETWEEN AKALA AND LADOJA ENDURE TILL THAT TIME:
ACN = 480,822
PDP = 387,132
AP = 275,773
MATHEMATICALLY, PDP+AP = 662,905
AGREED, POLITICS IS NOT MATHEMATICS BUT ITS A GAME OF NUMBER.

1 Like

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by texaco1: 3:02pm On Jun 06, 2013
Madawaki01: but they shud use anoda party apart frm pdp..
thank u.that is the area ajimobi got it all wrong,majority of oyo state indigenes are concerned about what enters their stomach than what their enviroment looks like.
on the issue of party,there is no other political party in oyo state that has the political machinery to win the gov election against acn other than pdp.they wil have the federal backing too,and remember this time around gej is not going to make any deal with tinubu unlike the 2011 when he needed to win the south west
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Phikom(m): 3:05pm On Jun 06, 2013
Akala and Ladoja my foot...

1 Like

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by texaco1: 3:10pm On Jun 06, 2013
funshint:
Hey Mr man stop saying trash; when you don't know something you keep quiet! Let me give you the real facts before people like you start distorting history. Before the election in 2011; Ajimobi/ACN clearly had the highest chance of winning because people were already tired of the setback brought upon them by the Akala/PDP administration in Oyo state. Remember that prior to the election Ladoja never intended running for the governorship because of the tense political climate of Oyo state at that time. Now the election was clearly between Ajimobi and Akala with Ajimobi having the higher chance between the duo; Ladoja was not even in the equation. Now let me list out the things that gave Ajimobi/ACN advantage over Akala:
1. Mal-administration by Akala/PDP government in Oyo state in terms of unprecedented level of violence in the state, decay of infrastructures and the general high level of ineptitude/incompetence exhibited by the Akala/PDP government in the state.
2. The rising profile of ACN in south-west as a development oriented party
3. Governor Babatunde Fashola's ACN led administration in Lagos state which people saw as a model type of government worthy of emulation
4. Ajimobi's antecedent in politics of Oyo state being a former senator in the state from 1999-2003 and having clearly won the gubernatorial election under ANPP in 2007 but denied his victory by Obasanjo/PDP's style of election rigging/manipultion
5. PDP's falling profile in Southwest having lost Osun, Ekiti, Ondo and a perpectual loser in Lagos state.
6. The electoral reform with the new system of voting introduced by INEC/Jega through declaration of votes at each polling centres before collation thus making rigging and manipulation of election result/figures very difficult.
7. The conflict between Akala and Alaafin of Oyo which the later sworn never to support Akala thus aligning his support with Ajimobi/ACN
It is so irritating whenever people say Ladoja helped Ajimobi to win in 2011; as we all know that Ladoja did not come out until very few months to the election when he realised that the opposition had gained a solid support in the state. Look, majority of people that voted for Ladoja were erstwhile in support of the oppostion led by Ajimobi/ACN. Ladoja was only able to gain their support because of the sympathy most people felt for him having been betrayed by Akala when he was the governor. He(Ladoja) started running a campaign of sympathy through the video he was distributing showing the political crises, betrayal and his eventual impeachment when he was governor in Oyo state; check
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Tt4f9c974. Also he succeeded in brainwashing many people by running campaign of blackmail/falsehood against ACN especially against Bola Tinubu; alleging them of coming to Oyo state with the intention to loot and share the state treasury. But because people wanted a change and still considered Ladoja as birds of thesame feathers with PDP; majority still gave their unalloyed support to Ajimobi/ACN. Infact with Ladoja coming into the race he was considered as a "spoiler" because he almost divided the vote of the opposition which would have giving Akala/PDP undue advantage if not for God. Also don't forget that Ladoja many times vehemently opposed stepping down for Ajimobi because of his own selfish ambition to return to the government house. And also most people that voted for Ladoja only voted for him out of sympathy; not based on performance because he was also as useless as Akala when he was the governor.
Now with Ladoja aligning his support with that beast called "Akala" he's going to lose a lot of admirers and supporters, infact he just dug his grave politically. And also not forgetting that Ladoja is a coward as regards honouring agreements and Akala is known for being a serial betrayal; this is a union between two crocodiles because none of the two will step down for eachother when the time comes thus the union is bound to fail and Oyo state people are not ready for the repeat of violence/turmoil brought upon them by these two dogs(Akala and Ladoja). This union is nothing but a farce; it is bound to FAIL!!!
Let me state it LOUD and CLEAR now with the unprecedented high level of performance and governance by the ACN/Ajimobi led administration in Oyo state, let 1000 Ladoja/Akala come together to fight Ajimobi they will be squarely be defeated and disgraced by God's grace!!!
i dont trade words or insults online ,it is against my upbringing.but just wait and see.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by jiffylibra: 3:12pm On Jun 06, 2013
RedReact:
No sir!
It wasn't that the monarch and Ibadan elders didn't meet with Ladoja as you said, they did but he (Ladoja) never obliged to them. He told them that as long as Ajimobi had right to contest, so also he too. After the house of Rep votes had been split, people became jittery that Akala might win the election. Practically at that time, Akala was ahead of all of them. What made things go against him was that Ibadan people turned away from Ladoja at the die minutes because he only focused on Oyo (maybe because of Adeleke) and Ibadan. As this issue was going Alaafin had to be beckoned with because Alaafin and Akala were at war then, and Alaafin was able to work on Oyo south monarchs and get their support to punish Akala at that time. Since Akala was from Ogbomosho, he could get the favour from Oyo north and had already counted Oyo central and Oyo south as "not winnable" for him. Ladoja's entrance to the scene and refusal to back out was a good one for Akala at that time. With Ibadan votes being split among ACN and AP in Oyo central, PDP had higher chance to get all votes for him in Oyo North, and votes splitting for him in Oyo south while others will scramble for the remaining in Oyo central. As God would have it, Oyo south slipped away from PDP, leaving only Oyo north for them. In the die minutes, Ibadan people rallied round support for Ajimobi to win; including Accord people.
I do I know this? My constituency, till tomorrow, is an Accord stronghold. I wasn't in Nigeria that time, but I was with political big-wigs who were placing calls home to get facts and consolidate on their mathematical calculations, right even on flight.
By the way, many people whom Akala had trusted to gain their supports duped him. I know them so well. They collected the money and voted against him. Many in my constituency also did it too.
DESPITE THE FACT THAT YOU WERE AWAY, YOU GOT IT. WHAT SOME HERE DOES NOT UNDERSTAND IS THAT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN IMPOSSIBLE FOR ACN TO WIN IF LADOJA HAS NOT CONTESTED. AND LADOJA CONTESTED JUST TO OUST AKALA THAT TIME AND JUST BECAUSE AKALA THOUGHT HE COULD STOP HIM WITH EFCC STUFF. SEE, THERE WERE TOO MANY FORCES AGAINST AKALA THAT TIME AND AT THE END OF THE DAY AP TEAMED UP WITH ACN TO DEFEAT AKALA, AND IT WORKED. I TELL YOU, IF AP SHOULD TEAM UP WITH PDP AGAIN IN 2015, LETS FORGET ACN IN OYO STATE BECAUSE AJIMOBI HAS DIAPPOINTED THE GRASSROOT WHICH IS THE STRONGHOLD OF LADOJA AND AKALA. AM AN IBADAN MAN, AND I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR OVER 40YEARS.
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by emiye(m): 3:15pm On Jun 06, 2013
Things are not the same.

PDP of 2011 as the incumbent party rigged that election to get that much number of votes, but the rigging numbers were not enough to save them.... FaCT.

PDP no longer controls the state machinery, Voters turn out was relatively low also in 2011 due to the fear of violence as common with PDP. In 2015, all things being equal, more people will come out to vote.

Ladoja candidacy in 2011 succeeded in spilting Ibadan votes, as ajimobi and Ladoja were both from Ibadan.

In 2015, ajimobi will garner nothing less than 60% of total votes cast, irrespective of the state opposition merger or acquisition. BOOKMARKED.

1 Like

Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by emiye(m): 3:22pm On Jun 06, 2013
texaco1:
thank u.that is the area ajimobi got it all wrong,majority of oyo state indigenes are concerned about what enters their stomach than what their enviroment looks like.
on the issue of party,there is no other political party in oyo state that has the political machinery to win the gov election against acn other than pdp.they wil have the federal backing too,and remember this time around gej is not going to make any deal with tinubu unlike the 2011 when he needed to win the south west

How did you arrive at the majority? May be you mean the lousy ones, dont be surprised the lousy ones are not in the majority.

after 3.5 years of good governance, an average man can sense it, even if (s)he can not in 1yr, 2yrs,... watch out the tone is changing. the next 18 months will reveal that to you if you dont know
Re: Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 06, 2013
deols: Read the topic only

and all I can say is,

Really? Im shocked this' coming from someone like you? What makes u different from either of the two you mentioned? Na wa o for kids of nowadays SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2019: APC Camps That Will Determine Buhari’s Fate / Kemi Adeosun Didn't Need NYSC Exemption Certificate - High Court / Ex-Niger Delta Militants Beg Oil Firms To Return To Region

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.