Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Is It Hard To Remain Faithful? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Hard To Remain Faithful? (2035 Views)

Poll: Is it hard to Remain Faithful?

If there is love, you will be faithful: 64% (11 votes)
It's very hard to remain faithful: 11% (2 votes)
No idea: 23% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Will You Remain Faithful Or Think Twice? / How Can One Remain Faithful To His/her Spouse??? / Boy Lives Abroad, Girl lives in Nigeria. Should he remain faithful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Hard To Remain Faithful? by 4Him1(m): 3:21am On May 05, 2008
Busta:

@4him,
men too want to eat their cakes and still have it.
lots of married men these days chase after girls old enough to be their daughters.

for every bad guy there are at least 2 good guys. The problem is women dont really know what they want, inevitably they end up with men who have no interest in being faithful just for the thrill of being with a bad boy.
you reap what u sow.
Re: Is It Hard To Remain Faithful? by Busta(f): 3:24am On May 05, 2008
4 Him:

for every bad guy there are at least 2 good guys. The problem is women don't really know what they want, inevitably they end up with men who have no interest in being faithful just for the thrill of being with a bad boy.
you reap what u sow.

goes both ways hun . . .alot of men are just too greedy and neva content.
Re: Is It Hard To Remain Faithful? by smile4kenn(m): 7:12am On May 05, 2008
i do believe it is hard to stay faithul, it is a lot of work and sacrifices that is invested on this concept. be you a man or a woman, it is hard and monogamy isnt making things easier. how about allowing those who can be polygamist be? those who dont want to, wont have to! primate(human included) were not made to be mogamist! but a relationship with a loving person is very fulfilling than one with many people but not real love involved. to each their poison!!
Re: Is It Hard To Remain Faithful? by acidrop(f): 7:13am On May 05, 2008
its not hard b4 ooooo, but temptations dey
Re: Is It Hard To Remain Faithful? by lightest(m): 8:32am On May 05, 2008
To God be the glory. if its hard me i no no and if its not hard me I no no because me i dey f**k dey go. hahaha
Re: Is It Hard To Remain Faithful? by acidrop(f): 8:40am On May 05, 2008
and u, u no dey think dey join am. u , u no know anything if u no know this one
Re: Is It Hard To Remain Faithful? by lightest(m): 9:15am On May 05, 2008
hey girl, why will I bother myself since am seeing them so cheap. oh girl wise up
Re: Is It Hard To Remain Faithful? by squirrel20(f): 9:22am On May 05, 2008
There is nothing hard about it. if you love ur partner then you'll forever remain faithful.
I thing it is easy.
Re: Is It Hard To Remain Faithful? by frank316(m): 1:48pm On May 05, 2008
@trOE
I am really sorry if i sound as if my comments are always right.
i only said that being faithful is a function of your ability to control yourself and not determinant on your love for another.
you are a lady and you might say its easy, but i know how difficult it is for even pastors. the bible didnt say flee from fonication for nothing

i still accept that it could be easy for people who have a higher ability to control themselves.

there is a real world out there, most of us come here and advice people base on how they feel things should be but not how it actually is in the world.

abeg no vex with me
Re: Is It Hard To Remain Faithful? by smile4kenn(m): 5:56pm On May 05, 2008
In our modern way of life now,one can say that 100% of women do cheat on their male counterpart,because you will find a particular girl (single) having over ten boy friends at a time just becos of money,while those married women wants to cheat on their husband by friending those young boys,then the so called married men do go after those young girls.The answer is simple faithfulness is very difficult to practise,people will always say what you didnot do.
Re: Is It Hard To Remain Faithful? by smile4kenn(m): 5:59pm On May 05, 2008
Cheating on one's partner is a worst thing in a relationship. If one feels there is gap with his/her spouse better negotiate. Marriage is like the market place, don't be selfish, please burgain for maximum satisfaction!

praise, Lilongwe

Added: Monday, 5 May, 2008, 14:53 GMT 15:53 UK

i think forgiving a partner for cheating is the same as adding more spice to food to make it more tasteful.

insaidoo richard, accra

Added: Monday, 5 May, 2008, 14:27 GMT 15:27 UK

Marriage's sacred and it's once married, forever married. It makes you one and for this reason you must be faithful to each other. God's not created us as dogs or other animals which practise polygamy. If there's real love that transcends any other thing between both, there's no need looking outside for something you know quite right the other partner can't deny you of. However we're human beings prone to painful mistakes; if you caught the other in any unfaithful act, you must learn to forgive.

Odeniran Stephen, Abidjan

Added: Monday, 5 May, 2008, 14:22 GMT 15:22 UK

You see, there are vey few men now around, the ratio is about 5 women to 1 man, so if one asks just to smoother your thigh!!!
u say no, eeh. Infedilety is a world inflation, which no-one can correct. There too many beautiful women out there, and there is nothing to stop the guys from trying!!!

Goody, Lusaka

Added: Monday, 5 May, 2008, 14:17 GMT 15:17 UK

Hum! D fact remains we are “human” No 1 is above infidelity it’s difficult tax it takes only D grace of “GOD” sincerely yes but how would u feel if ur so call partner does not show u Love,care&concern u are d only 1 doing it & which men knows dat all wat a woman needs is love if u can give this 2 ur woman wat will make her to B unfaithful let look @ it dis way sometime it’s difficult 2 know if u are responsible 4 one cheating wen d other party is not faithful not telling u he is married/engage

Ama Adams, Nigeria/Ghana

Added: Monday, 5 May, 2008, 14:15 GMT 15:15 UK

The only thing to remain faith full to your spouse is to have enough sex with your him/her. Those people who dont have sufficient sex are the ones that are not faithfull to each other.

AUBREY CHINDEFU, LUSAKA

Added: Monday, 5 May, 2008, 14:04 GMT 15:04 UK

In our modern way of life now,one can say that 100% of women do cheat on their male counterpart,because you will find a particular girl (single) having over ten boy friends at a time just becos of money,while those married women wants to cheat on their husband by friending those young boys,then the so called married men do go after those young girls.The answer is simple faithfulness is very difficult to practise,people will always say what you didnot do.

Eteobong Isaac Akpan, Calabar,Nigeria

Added: Monday, 5 May, 2008, 14:03 GMT 15:03 UK

Cheating destroys a relationship. I once dated a guy who chated on me and when I found out things were never the same between us. Even if you try to forgive your partner and move on together, it can never happen, your relationship is already destroyed. The element of trust is broken. So I think if your partner cheats on you, its better to end the relationship because no matter how much your try it will never work out after that.

Sharon

Added: Monday, 5 May, 2008, 14:01 GMT 15:01 UK

to my view i believe that men are a problem in the marriages they dont ever get satisfied from their spouses , and because of what they do they will always think thats what the partner is doing. a man will never change no matter what he may lie , he is the same,its better as a woman to make ur life than with him, they are sometimes a draw back in life. marriage from God should not even involve parents to come in, some men entertain their parents not liking the mans wife which is very bad

chola, kitwe

Added: Monday, 5 May, 2008, 13:57 GMT 14:57 UK

People these days have lost a sense of guilty. Cheating is like a normal thing which has just to be "forgiven" once caught. It is difficulty or rather rare to find faithful couples. I know sex is a mystery, but the way it has become of is alarming. Show me a couple who has not experienced a cheating partner and I will show you a saint! That is why we are dying everyday!!!

Chileshe M S, Lusaka

Added: Monday, 5 May, 2008, 13:50 GMT 14:50 UK

My previous husband was unfaithful. The affair and dishonesty undermined my confidence in the relationship and led to a severe change in family dynamics wherein the children and I considered ourselves without him. He was excluded from daily decision making . This was made convenient by his absence and inattention. He actually seemed shocked when I filed for divorce. Marriage is just like any other relationship. If neglected long enough it will terminate.

victoria, marietta ga

Added: Monday, 5 May, 2008, 13:49 GMT 14:49 UK

i cheated on my partner (s) before when i was younger. the thing about cheating from my experience is that sometime people do it for no reason at all. they could be happy in their relationships and sexually fulfilled but they will still cheat. then i met my current boyfriend and i remember hearing the words from Rihanna's song which said "i dont wanna do it anymore". and since then i stopped. just like that. i have never cheated on him and the thought of it makes me ill. its all in the mind.

saintlemon, pretoria

Added: Monday, 5 May, 2008, 13:24 GMT 14:24 UK

As far as i am concerned, the problem is all about money, greed and you name it.If one is married, he/she is expected to be faithful but money being a commodity in marital life will one way or the other plays an important role in keeping the couples together but if there is no money,its always crystal clear than the other will find it very hard to stick and even if she did,there is always the possibility of been lure into the lions dent, infidelity leading to BEAK-UPS IN MARRIAGE.

MOMODOU LAMIN MANNEH, SEREKUNDA,GAMBIA

Re: Is It Hard To Remain Faithful? by iice(f): 6:00pm On May 05, 2008
100% of which women? You need to stop hanging around such people
Re: Is It Hard To Remain Faithful? by acidrop(f): 2:36am On May 06, 2008
lightest:

hey girl, why will I bother myself since am seeing them so cheap. oh girl wise up

wow, dat makes u cheap then, if u are screwing d cheap ones
Re: Is It Hard To Remain Faithful? by smile4kenn(m): 4:12pm On May 06, 2008
I don't know why people just keep blaming it on sex as if it is a food or some sort. As far as am concerned inadequate sex in marriage couldn't and shouldn't be the motivation for infidelity, if we keep going around for it because our man or woamn is not performing as we wanted then we just keep contracting and spredaing the scourge. We all should just learn to be discipline as we claim to be preaching in our RELIGIOUS HOUSES. As much as i know this churches are not adding anthing to our moral

We are Over Sexualized today to a point were so many, marry for the sake of only having sex. When the excitement is over, its always time to look for 'New Fish in the Ocean.' This results in broken homes/families, loss of society values, no parental guidance etc. It is very possible to be faithfull and have a successfull marriage/relationship. Our biggest problem is that we have turned marriages/relationships into social clubs where we subscribe, to satisfy our selfish motives and leave anytime.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Boy Fine No Be Small / Rejections! / Does Everybody Eventually Fall In Love Or Find Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.