Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi (11682 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits Oyo State, Welcomed By Ajimobi And Wife / Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months / FG Borrowed To Pay Salaries, Says Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 08, 2013
dayokanu: The guy said he can finance the project he has in mind with with funds at hand some people are angry he doesnt borrow
If you have a family, do you have to make 'yanga' that you are responsible for your family upkeep without borrowing despite the fact that you have a very good job. You collect federal allocation regularly, you generate IGR regularly and you have not embarked on any visible capital project that people can see and say oh this is beyond Oyo state ability. So, why should he borrow. He talks too much.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 08, 2013
Gbawe: Impressive fiscal management and plans. No surprise though given the pedigree of Ajimobi. Personally, I think the current crop of ACN Governors have the potentials to achive more than Fashola has. This will not be because they are better administrators but due to the fact that they have far less challenges to deal with than the Lagos governors.

Laudably, the ACN has recognized that proactively securing the funds for State development without depending on federal allocation alone will move things along much quicker.

Despite "liking" your comment, I disagree with your opinion about Lagos having way more challenges than the other ACN states. Heres my example,

Ogun State: 21 LG's Lagos State: 25 LGs
Lagos GDP which $90 billion, compared with Ogun state $10 Billion
Lagos Size is 9,999 Km in size, while Ogun state is 16,972 Km
And with the current population of people jaunting into Ogun State, I'd say in 7 more years, the population of both state would be fairly balanced. And coupled with the incredible debts left by the former PDP governor who did ABSOLUTELY nothing in this state, and with a poor IGR, I dont think think BRF would have accomplished the kind of feat he'd if given the post of a governor in Ogun State. Dont get me wrong, BRF is a wonderful governor, but I only believe Fashola has only created a "template of development" for the other ACN governors who are willing to copy.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by RedReact: 5:49pm On Jun 08, 2013
I have learnt one thing:
When you are talking about southern Nigeria, everyone along the southern axis will always commend or criticize; be it SW, SE, or SS. We will always have arguments for and arguments against.
To me, as long as the projects can be achieved without being neck-deep in debt, then so be it.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by ikweremilitant: 5:51pm On Jun 08, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Na who ask you about Peter Obi? Thesame Peter Obi is still begging the FG to help build a common 600 meters bridge, NO?
I beleve ur state don't even have a ten meter bridge
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by texaco1: 5:51pm On Jun 08, 2013
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 08, 2013
Pvt. Parts:

concern you?

What concerns you about another person's state? Bad belle is killing you. Let's talk about your state. Some of you are jobless and wretched to the extent that you see nothing great done by someone else. Bigotry has beclouded your thinking that you don't know when to give kudos when it is well deserved. Is anything wrong with not obtaining loan? What about Governors who have obtained loans and diverted the money for personal use. What is wrong with the governor refusing to mortgage the future of his state? Now, tell us your state and let's talk about your state.

Cantankerous element!

1 Like

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Egbagirl(f): 5:56pm On Jun 08, 2013
Interpreted as: proper management of funds is evident.
Those criticizing him should chill out. He did not out rightly state that he is anti-loans. He just said that they have done so much from properly utilizing and managing funds. When the government is ready to doors than their budget can afford, I'm sure they will look into it.

A lot of unnecessary noise. Biko, calm down

1 Like

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by RedLight1: 5:58pm On Jun 08, 2013
was that the reason why he didn't pay pensioneers for the past 9months? He should go and sit in the toilet stingy scum
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by naptu2: 5:58pm On Jun 08, 2013
grin They condemn Lagos for borrowing and then turn round and condemn Oyo for not borrowing.

13 Likes

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by dayokanu(m): 5:58pm On Jun 08, 2013
So if a Govt can finance the project they have in mind they should still go ahead and borrow?

Nothing we wont hear from these useless PDP agents
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 08, 2013
Egba girl: Interpreted as: proper management of funds is evident.
Those criticizing him should chill out. He did not out rightly state that he is anti-loans. He just said that they have done so much from properly utilizing and managing funds. When the government is ready to doors than their budget can afford, I'm sure they will look into it.

A lot of unnecessary noise. Biko, calm down

Thank you! The Governor has not decided against taking loan. He should be commended for what he has achieved so far with the little allocation available to him without obtaining loan.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by PvtParts1: 5:59pm On Jun 08, 2013
payless:

What concerns you about another person's state? Bad belle is killing you. Let's talk about your state. Some of you are jobless and wretched to the extent that you see nothing great done by someone else. Bigotry has beclouded your thinking that you don't know when to give kudos when it is well deserved. Is anything wrong with not obtaining loan? What about Governors who have obtained loans and diverted the money for personal use. What is wrong with the governor refusing to mortgage the future of his state? Now, tell us your state and let's talk about your state.

Cantankerous element!

It is none of your business which state I come from as that will only lead you on a tribal e-war here. I am Nigerian and if I so choose I can relocate to Ibadan were I will pay my tax to the state government from what I make within the state. I will also patronize Oyo business who also pay taxes to the state government and if I happen to register in the next election process I will exercise my right to vote in or out any Oyo indigene willing to be governor.
I am that powerful in democracy.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by RedReact: 5:59pm On Jun 08, 2013
naptu2: grin They condemn Lagos for borrowing and then turn round and condemn Oyo for not borrowing.
Na so we see am o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 08, 2013
dayokanu: So if a Govt can finance the project they have in mind they should still go ahead and borrow?

Don't mind all these okrika bend down and spare parts seller criticizing the governor. Ask them about what their governors have achieved in South-East with loans they've been obtaining since 1999.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by RedReact: 6:01pm On Jun 08, 2013
Pvt. Parts:

It is none of your business which state I come from as that will only lead you on a tribal e-war here. I am Nigerian and if I so choose I can relocate to Ibadan were I will pay my tax to the state government from what I make within the state. I will also patronize Oyo business who also pay taxes to the state government and if I happen to register in the next election process I will exercise my right to vote in or out any Oyo indigene willing to be governor.
I am that powerful in democracy.
You be Nigerian now and a southern Nigeria too.
We all own the southern axis now. When are you coming to Oyo State? wink wink
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by dayokanu(m): 6:01pm On Jun 08, 2013
naptu2: grin They condemn Lagos for borrowing and then turn round and condemn Oyo for not borrowing.

Thats why we can all see its bad belle nothing more.

Any sign of progress not witnessed in the caves is criticised

1 Like

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by PvtParts1: 6:03pm On Jun 08, 2013
dayokanu: So if a Govt can finance the project they have in mind they should still go ahead and borrow?

That is not the point. The point being that a state like Oyo just like virtually every state in Nigeria needs huge investment in infrastructure and if undertaking judiciously will increase the revenue to the state and make for a better living for everyone.

It is like some of my collegues who prefer not to borrow to finance their building projects and refuse to pay rent. 3years down the road they are still building their house while living in it. I told one that at this rate it will take him 10 years to complete it! why not get a mortage?
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Rhino5dm: 6:04pm On Jun 08, 2013

Na soooo!!! Thesame people that have been begging FG to build a mere 600 meters foot bridge for ages.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 08, 2013

Don't mind these okrika bend down and spare parts sellers. Most of them are just full of hate. Let them show us what their governors in South-East did with the loans they've been obtaining since 1999. There is nothing in their land to show for it.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by PvtParts1: 6:05pm On Jun 08, 2013
RedReact:
You be Nigerian now and a southern Nigeria too.
We all own the southern axis now. When are you coming to Oyo State? wink wink

It was just a metaphorical argument.
Wetin I won come do for Ibadan? They sell amala in Abuja as well grin grin grin
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by muredo(m): 6:05pm On Jun 08, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Kini big deal? Anambra state hasn't borrowed a dime for 7 years under Peter Obi so far.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/obis-projects-in-anambra-amazing-labaran-maku/
hello sir,pls dnt compare what anambra is collecting to oyo state pls,hw many local govt,worker and infrastructure,haba! Igi imu jina si ori
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by texaco1: 6:05pm On Jun 08, 2013
dayokanu:

Thats why we can all see its bad belle nothing more.

Any sign of progress not witnessed in the caves is criticised

grin grin grin grin he must borrow.
why shouldnt he borrow ?everyone is borrowing naw cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 08, 2013
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by RedReact: 6:08pm On Jun 08, 2013
Pvt. Parts:

It was just a metaphorical argument.
Wetin I won come do for Ibadan? They sell amala in Abuja as well grin grin grin
If e no be panasharp, e no fit work like panasharp.
If you no chop Amala in Ibadan, you can never experience the full of chopping Amala at its base grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by ewet: 6:10pm On Jun 08, 2013
He will need to borrow for capital project financing at some point as no govt can do much by justdepending on fed allocation and IGR which is obviously to meager to have any impact. But i will like to trust that it will be done with due diligence fiscal responsibility.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Gbawe: 6:10pm On Jun 08, 2013
aasog1:

Despite "liking" your comment, I disagree with your opinion about Lagos having way more challenges than the other ACN states. Heres my example,

Ogun State: 21 LG's Lagos State: 25 LGs
Lagos GDP which $90 billion, compared with Ogun state $10 Billion
Lagos Size is 9,999 Km in size, while Ogun state is 16,972 Km
And with the current population of people jaunting into Ogun State, I'd say in 7 more years, the population of both state would be fairly balanced. And coupled with the incredible debts left by the former PDP governor who did ABSOLUTELY nothing in this state, and with a poor IGR, I dont think think BRF would have accomplished the kind of feat he'd if given the post of a governor in Ogun State. Dont get me wrong, BRF is a wonderful governor, but I only believe Fashola has only created a "template of development" for the other ACN governors who are willing to copy.

The large population of Lagos introduces problems of scale (more houses and more healthcare provisions needed for example) and infrastructural challenges to levels other SW States will not face. Simplistically, as one example, Lagos needs more far more potable water for its massive populace than other States. Meeting that large demand will be more challenging than Ogun trying to achieve same. Resultantly, Ogun may meet it's target of providing potable water for the majority of its citizen quicker and easier than Lagos can.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by honey001(m): 6:13pm On Jun 08, 2013
One cannot but stop wondering at some posts up here..... Are u guys for real or u just pulling people leg? The man said he does nt need to borrow now to fund the ongoing projects, did he say he is against borrowing? Why cant u applaud him for nt borrowing to fund the projects, when there is a bigger challenges, he can borrow if he like. What he said is dat so far so good, he has nt borrow yet and dats a good development. Thumbs up Ajimobi...... Some states would have borrowed to achieve what he has achieved so far. Guys, put sentiments apart, the Gov. tried.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by PvtParts1: 6:16pm On Jun 08, 2013
RedReact:
If e no be panasharp, e no fit work like panasharp.
If you no chop Amala in Ibadan, you can never experience the full of chopping Amala at its base grin grin grin grin

abeg no make me vommit. I jus remeber one amala joint for bodega area grin grin grin

Ibadan the Amala capital of the world!
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Garrithe1st: 6:18pm On Jun 08, 2013
Afam4eva: Peter Obi is the most fiscally responsible governor in Nigeria but that will not stop me from calling him out. Borrowing is not a bad thing but when you borrow, make sure you utilize it for something worthwhile. If there's need for it then borrow but do it wisely.

What's Peter Obi's business on this thread??

When are you going do away with your shameful inferiority complex and bigotry??

I guess your aim is to derail thread and start an East Vs West war. Shame on you. Every comment you make contains a fair dose of your inane bigotry and obvious symptom of an envious person. You disgrace your people and dishonor your position in this section with your unintelligence and bigotry.

Kindly hide your comment as it violates rule 1.

Thanks

9 Likes

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Afam4eva(m): 6:20pm On Jun 08, 2013
Garri the 1st:

What's Peter Obi's business on this thread??

When are you going do away with your shameful inferiority complex bigotry??

I guess your aim is to derail thread and start an East Vs West war. Shame on you. Every comment you make contains a fair dose of your inane bigotry and obvious symptom of an envious person. You disgrace your people and dishonor your position in this section with your unintelligence and bigotry.

Kindly hide your comment as it violates rule 1.

Thanks
My point is that not borrowing doesn't translate to being a good governor or at times being fiscally responsible. It just means that the status quo will remain.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by ewet: 6:20pm On Jun 08, 2013
Gbawe: Impressive fiscal management and plans. No surprise though given the pedigree of Ajimobi. Personally, I think the current crop of ACN Governors have the potentials to achive more than Fashola has. This will not be because they are better administrators but due to the fact that they have far less challenges to deal with than the Lagos governors.

Laudably, the ACN has recognised that proactively securing the funds for State development without depending on federal allocation alone will move things along much quicker.
I beg to differ on your comparism btw BRF and the other ACN govs.If we shuld truly and sincerely access BRF.Lagos is not yet where it shuld be in terms of insfrastructural devt,it is however not out of place to know that Lagos is on the path to that eldorado we all seek.

I rather i opine that BRF has been able to set the standards for devt and good governance and all the other ACN govs should be urged on to do better than BRF rather than comparing themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Burning The Mosque In The Name Of Biafra / Procurement Is The Nigeria's Weakest Link- Kachikwu / Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.