Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,862 members, 7,824,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi (11684 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits Oyo State, Welcomed By Ajimobi And Wife / Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months / FG Borrowed To Pay Salaries, Says Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by musiwa26: 6:21pm On Jun 08, 2013
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Gbawe: 6:21pm On Jun 08, 2013
ewet: He will need to borrow for capital project financing at some point as no govt can do much by justdepending on fed allocation and IGR which is obviously to meager to have any impact. But i will like to trust that it will be done with due diligence fiscal responsibility.

Indeed. The man is not saying he will not borrow in future. Merely giving an update and revealing he has not borrowed so far. Not bad since one can expect the same fiscal responsibility will be applied to judiciously utilise any borrowings in future.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by RedReact: 6:23pm On Jun 08, 2013
Pvt. Parts:

abeg no make me vommit. I jus remeber one amala joint for bodega area grin grin grin

Ibadan the Amala capital of the world!
I tried to google the area and I couldn't find bodega. Please is in Abuja too?
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 08, 2013
RedReact:
I tried to google the area and I couldn't find bodega. Please is in Abuja too?

Bodija.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by RedReact: 6:28pm On Jun 08, 2013
payless:

Bodija.
I was pulling him now; should have known.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Garrithe1st: 6:35pm On Jun 08, 2013
@Musiwa...

What's wrong with you??

If you want to suck Mimiko's d1ck why not open a thread for that??

Guy go take ur "melecine" and stop acting like a dumb-ass-cretin..

1 Like

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by texaco1: 6:37pm On Jun 08, 2013
Garri the 1st: @Musiwa...

Get lost with ur trash!!!

What's wrong with you??

If you want to suck Mimiko's d1ck why not open a thread for that??

Guy go take ur "melecine" and stop acting like a dumb-ass-cretin..

grin grin grin grin grin grin people dey vex ooooo
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by OurYansh: 6:38pm On Jun 08, 2013
Musiwa is on FIRE!!

God bless!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by texaco1: 6:43pm On Jun 08, 2013
is musiwa related to mimiko or what ?
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Gbawe: 6:43pm On Jun 08, 2013
Egba girl: Interpreted as: proper management of funds is evident.
Those criticizing him should chill out. He did not out rightly state that he is anti-loans. He just said that they have done so much from properly utilizing and managing funds. When the government is ready to doors than their budget can afford, I'm sure they will look into it.

A lot of unnecessary noise. Biko, calm down

Indeed. The man has given a periodic assessment of his leadership to highlight good fiscal management. Nothing at all to make a big deal of. In fact citizens of the State should be fairly excited because of what he has done so far to good acclaim. Distributing 320 tractors for agriculture is one laudable example of spending well. Folks in the State can certainly be optimistic as regards funding for large-scale transformational projects.

http://www.oyostate.gov.ng/atiku-acknowledges-transformation-of-ibadan-hails-ajimobis-urban-renewal-programme/

Atiku acknowledges transformation of Ibadan, hails Ajimobi’s urban renewal programme
Posted in Press/News on March 15, 2013

Former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar on Wednesday openly acknowledged the transformation of Ibadan from its former rural-urban setting to a modern state capital, commending the Oyo State Governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, for the urban renewal programme of his administration.

Alhaji Abubakar, who spoke during a courtesy call on the governor in his office in Ibadan, said he had lived in the state capital for some time and knew what the ancient city used to be which had earned it the stigma of being the dirtiest city in Nigeria.

He, however, said that he was impressed with the new-look which Ibadan was wearing, saying “I have seen a lot of changes, with cleaner streets and green environment’’.
The former Vice President also commended the governor for the distribution of 320 tractors to local government councils, a feat which he said would boost agriculture and ensure food security in the state.

“Honestly, I must commend you for the distribution of 320 tractors to local government councils. This is colossal. Agriculture is no doubt the mainstay of Nigeria’s economy. So by doing this, you have succeeded in putting people to work and this, I am sure, will boost agriculture and ensure food security,’’ he said.

Alhaji Abubakar also described the governor as a member of his political family, stressing that they had both come a long way and shared some things in common. In his remarks, Governor Ajimobi said that aside nipping in the bud the security challenges which he faced on assumption of office, his administration had also succeeded in lifting Oyo from its old rural setting to a modern state and consequently restoring its lost pace setting status.

He described the former Vice President as a man of impeccable character, with simple disposition, urging him not to relent in his efforts at realizing his political ambition, notwithstanding the challenges he had been facing.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Celestine247(m): 6:45pm On Jun 08, 2013
Am very sure you guys think well before you comment here? Mr Ajimobi did not borrow money and he said he will not tell us how he fund the project, i can see how clueless people could be, 2015 is the end, all the subsidy re investment money, am sure Nigeria will still come to the street again. You will also see the end of Nigeria Governors forum scam.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by rodeo0070(m): 6:47pm On Jun 08, 2013
Dafuq is going on here? Who them be? Where dem dey?
I don't care if a governor is from "ACN,PDP,PHCN or what-have-you as long as he/she is performing, and this Gomina don impress me and the good people of Oyo state. If previous administrations had been on their toes doing the right thing, things would have been much more different.
I score this present administration 69.1%. Dm do well...
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Gbawe: 6:52pm On Jun 08, 2013
rodeo0070: Dafua is going on here? Who them be? Where dem dey?
I don't care if a governor is from "ACN,PDP, ICAN,PHCN or what-have-you as long as he/she is performing, and this Gomina don impress me and the good people of Oyo state. If previous administrations had been on their toes doing the right thing, things would have been much more different.
I score this present administration 69.1%. Dm do well...

That is the best attitude to have. The best thing would be for development to be uniform throughout Nigeria.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by seunlayi(m): 6:52pm On Jun 08, 2013
he should better borrow if he needs to i.e. Mokola bridge should have been constructed to be wider than the current size. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by texaco1: 6:56pm On Jun 08, 2013
seunlayi: he should better borrow if he needs to i.e. Mokola bridge should have been constructed to be wider than the current size. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
that bridge is a complete waste of tax payers money grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by naptu2: 7:03pm On Jun 08, 2013
Good God! Musiwa has struck again! WOW!
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Delafruita(m): 7:08pm On Jun 08, 2013
Pvt. Parts:

That is not the point. The point being that a state like Oyo just like virtually every state in Nigeria needs huge investment in infrastructure and if undertaking judiciously will increase the revenue to the state and make for a better living for everyone.

It is like some of my collegues who prefer not to borrow to finance their building projects and refuse to pay rent. 3years down the road they are still building their house while living in it. I told one that at this rate it will take him 10 years to complete it! why not get a mortage?
first,nobody knows more about the finances of oyo state more than the governor.he might have decided against taking loans so as to offset the loans accumulated from ladoja and akala.wouldnt it be unwise for your friend to take a mortgage later than take a mortgage at a time he probably has other loans to pay off?or perhaps his income cannot accomodate a mortgage facility.those who wear shoes know where it pinches
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Okijajuju: 7:22pm On Jun 08, 2013
Pvt. Parts:

He is clueless as of what to do with money in bettering his state.

He is the kind of Gov. that will be hoping on an increase from the Federal Purse to demand a higher share.
Just like they conveniently remained silent during the Fuel subsidy palaver only to bare their fangs demanding more money from the pot. These are the kind of governors that will look envyingly at the allocation going to the oil producing states without looking in wards to develop whatever resources (both human and industrial) in their states.
So instead you have a Gov. whose basic function is to:
1. act as paymaster in the moribound state civil service (a sector that is more of a blight to the state)
2. Award contracts on projects that have little or no significant developmental bearing to the state as a whole

He is plain clueless.

I really wish I didn't share similar opinion as yourself on this matter so we can have a healthy debate. You have just made very very good points. Not borrowing money in 2 years does not mean that Oyo state is doing very well economically either.

On a flip, I guess it's a good thing. Rather than borrow money to do nothing.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Okijajuju: 7:24pm On Jun 08, 2013
seunlayi: he should better borrow if he needs to i.e. Mokola bridge should have been constructed to be wider than the current size. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Even by year 2000 standards, that bridge is a colossal waste of public funds. Who builds a one lane flyover anymore in such a major city these days?
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Okijajuju: 7:33pm On Jun 08, 2013
Wow! I'm shocked at those Mimiko project pictures.. Sheer stunners..

I'm impressed..

I would however like to see his rural projects as well. But overall, judging by his allocation and time in office, he gets a big thumbs up from me. Such Governors should be put on the revenue priority list as its obvious the man has got good ideas and good execution plans in place.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Ninilowo(m): 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2013
Let teachers in the state react before I comment.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by oshea44: 7:45pm On Jun 08, 2013
borrowing money is not bad, but borrowing money can be act of stealing from the govt purse, i think its a good move for his govt not borrowing, but if he need a massive development in his state, go and ahead, do it BIG...
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by anonimi: 8:00pm On Jun 08, 2013
For some time now I have warned my friends who happen to be propaganda proponents and remain blindly loyal supporters of the Association of Conmen in Nigeria, ACN that they NEED to stop LYING and circulating LIES to us. This forum is not made up of their usual crowd of Area boys, agberos, motor park touts, thugs etc.
They obviously cannot and do not want to listen and heed good advice, hence they continue their reckless journey of dis-information.

Last year's budget ALONE of N160 billion contained a provision for over N50 billion as loan:

Tax burden as Ajimobi presents N160bn budget

IBADAN— GOVERNOR Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State has presented a budget proposal of N160.6 billion to the legislative arm of the state.

It is made up of N110 billion to be financed directly and N50.16 billion to be financed through loans.

Vanguard

And this is obvious given what Ajimobi's state receives from the federal allocation which flows essentially from Niger Delta oil monthly.

Ajimobi laments paltry allocation to Oyo state

The governor of Oyo State, Senator Abiola Ajimobi has raised strong objection to the paltry monthly allocation to the state which he said is not enough for the state to meet its obligations to its people.

Ajomobi tabled his protest of the paltry allocation to Oyo in particular at Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission, RMAFC in Abuja. He said that the monthly N2.3billion allocation to the state from the federation account cannot foot the bill of the state which spends N4.2 billion monthly on salaries and wages with its more than 2,000 schools spread across the state and 35,000 teachers to carter for.

Vanguard
So the difference between the N110 billion "to be financed directly" and the N2.3 billion monthly allocation is the IGR that is taxes, levies, rates, fines etc from the hands, wallets, pockets, handbags and purses of Oyo state residents and even those outside the state who have aged or other dependents whom they support due to Ajimobi administration's failure to provide socio-economic facilities of

* free & compulsory education for our children
* free basic primary health care
* potable water for all
* cleaning gutters and clearing bush
* etc etc

Initiatives that will generate revenue & create massive employment down the line with an attractive and competitive investment climate.

Logically, the Oyo lawmakers approved the bill for Ajimobi to borrow the N50 billion last year.

OYO ASSEMBLY PASSES AJIMOBI’S N50B BOND BILL

THE Oyo State House of Assembly yesterday approved the request of Governor Abiola Ajimobi to raise N50 billion in the capital market for developmental projects in the state.

The lawmakers also granted the governor’s request to obtain a $56.24 million (about N8.5 billion) loan from the African Development Bank (ADB).

The requests, which were contained in two executive bills seeking an enabling law for the government to borrow from the capital market and the continental bank, were passed at a plenary sitting of the House yesterday.

Guardian

It is interesting to note that the TWO loan requests from the governor were approved by the lawmakers after "29-clause amendment to it before a two-thirds majority passed it into law" in October 2012. That was some three months after the infamous trip to London for the "training" of the lawmakers' wives.

[img]http://p.twimg.com/AyJ3cUjCEAA48RM.jpg:large[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-vP7SdAeCGD0/UAcoWQZyNrI/AAAAAAAAEhc/B3VX76rCHB4/s1600/560951_395702837153042_1364104475_n.jpg[/img]

Any more mugus from (or with links to) Oyo state you are simply On Your Own -OYO!

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by LordRahl001: 8:10pm On Jun 08, 2013
Pvt. Parts:

concern you?
pvt part..................why criticizing?so you want him to borrow and later after his administration they will come back and say he ran the state into debt,moreso be patient he still have 6 more years to rule Oyo state
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Youngzedd(m): 8:10pm On Jun 08, 2013
Pvt. Parts:

He is the kind of Gov. that will be hoping on an increase from the Federal Purse to demand a higher share.
Just like they conveniently remained silent during the Fuel subsidy palaver only to bare their fangs demanding more money from the pot. These are the kind of governors that will look envyingly at the allocation going to the oil producing states without looking in wards to develop whatever resources (both human and industrial) in their states.
1. act as paymaster in the moribound state civil service (a sector that is more of a blight to the state)
2. Award contracts on projects that have little or no significant developmental bearing to the state as a whole

He is plain clueless.

+ trillions

How is the state without borrowing. One of the poorest state in Nigeria.

Truly clueless Governor.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 08, 2013
anonimi: For some time now I have warned my friends who happen to be propaganda proponents and remain blindly loyal supporters of the Association of Conmen in Nigeria, ACN that they NEED to stop LYING and circulating LIES to us. This forum is not made up of their usual crowd of Area boys, agberos, motor park touts, thugs etc.
They obviously cannot and do not want to listen and heed good advice, hence they continue their reckless journey of dis-information.

Last year's budget ALONE of N160 billion contained a provision for over N50 billion as loan:

And this is obvious given what Ajimobi's state receives from the federal allocation which flows essentially from Niger Delta oil monthly.

So the difference between the N110 billion "to be financed directly" and the N2.3 billion monthly allocation is the IGR that is taxes, levies, rates, fines etc from the hands, wallets, pockets, handbags and purses of Oyo state residents and even those outside the state who have aged or other dependents whom they support due to Ajimobi administration's failure to provide socio-economic facilities of

* potable water for all
* etc etc

Initiatives that will generate revenue & create massive employment down the line with an attractive and competitive investment climate.

Logically, the Oyo lawmakers approved the bill for Ajimobi to borrow the N50 billion last year.

It is interesting to note that the TWO loan requests from the governor were approved by the lawmakers after "29-clause amendment to it before a two-thirds majority passed it into law" in October 2012. That was some three months after the infamous trip to London for the "training" of the lawmakers' wives.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-vP7SdAeCGD0/UAcoWQZyNrI/AAAAAAAAEhc/B3VX76rCHB4/s1600/560951_395702837153042_1364104475_n.jpg[/img]

Any more mugus from (or with links to) Oyo state you are simply On Your Own -OYO!

Thanks so much for this contribution. I have said it before that if you can believe Ajimobi, you can believe that today is June 12. Too much of noise, deceits and propaganda. I stopped believing him when he came to power and changed gear on minimum wage which he has promised oyo workers and made so much noise about it before he was voted in. He got there and he redefined it for them.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by nuclearboy(m): 8:19pm On Jun 08, 2013
anonimi: For some time now I have warned my friends who happen to be propaganda proponents and remain blindly loyal supporters of the Association of Conmen in Nigeria, ACN that they NEED to stop LYING and circulating LIES to us. This forum is not made up of their usual crowd of Area boys, agberos, motor park touts, thugs etc.

* potable water for all
* etc etc

[size=18pt]Wow[/size] - will research this but IF TRUE, then truly something is wrong!

Do you have any other links that support these assertions? Cos I have honestly started (I live in Ibadan currently) going out of my way to praise the governor and was ecstatic to hear he took no loans. If he did take loans, it doesn't remove from his good works but calls his integrity into question.

Please provide any other information you have
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by nuclearboy(m): 8:21pm On Jun 08, 2013
By the way, even if true, it doesn't make PDP look better - theft and corruption is STILL theft and corruption
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Okijajuju: 8:25pm On Jun 08, 2013

* potable water for all
* etc etc

Holy shiiit!! shocked

Someone just asssfucked Oyo state governor.. grin
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 08, 2013
nuclearboy:

[size=18pt]Wow[/size] - will research this but IF TRUE, then truly something is wrong!
If he did take loans, it doesn't remove from his good works but calls his integrity into question.

Please provide any other information you have

Integrity? for where? Ko jo
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by SEYIKP(m): 8:37pm On Jun 08, 2013
Pvt. Parts:

He is plain clueless.
CAN A GOOD CHILD COMES OUT FROM THE MOUTH OF GUN, U AND UR BROTHER OKIJA ARE BLEEPING INSTIGATOR, BIBLE SAYS WILL SHOULD APPRECIATE THE DAY OF LITTLE BEGINNING.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by laurel03(m): 8:40pm On Jun 08, 2013
All ds our leaders with propanganda shaaaa. Aside d single lane bridge they have not complete any project in oyo state... Let us see the site of five star hotel? Completed dualization road project? Is oyo state water corporation still working?new school? Hospital? Have they paid new minimum wage? How d governor energized d economy of d state? Thank u sir for yes oo 9700 naira work for graduate that is d job for graduate(slavery), issue of legislatures wives in abroad? because they are planting flowers on bad roads they started shouting transformation.... What about the 50 billion bond he wanted to raised? D local govt money nko? D promised at splash fm march 5 2011 governor debate nko( u can browse it)? Eg train 4m ib to lag, Ipp 500 to 1000mgwt 4 d state b4 1yr etc D guy get sweet mouth joor....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

You Can't Insult The North And Stay In Power-knwankwaso / Rauf Aregbesola congratulates Ahmed Lawan as he wins Senate Presidency / Nigerian Army Refutes Coup Rumour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.