Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:04 PM

Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi (11807 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits Oyo State, Welcomed By Ajimobi And Wife / Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months / FG Borrowed To Pay Salaries, Says Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 09, 2013
texaco1:
is he demolishing houses in oyo and ogbomsho too?i was in nigeria in march and i came to oyo twice i didnt see any demolition.but why are the people of oyo and ogbomosho dissapointed ? and do they hold the alafin responsible ?

Somehow I think you guys are clowns.

If y'all need to see the projects in oyo state go to the state's website.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Fussbot: 5:46pm On Jun 09, 2013
texaco1:
is he demolishing houses in oyo and ogbomsho too?i was in nigeria in march and i came to oyo twice i didnt see any demolition.but why are the people of oyo and ogbomosho dissapointed ? and do they hold the alafin responsible ?
yes!yes!yes!just to build 5km roads!...d only projects he has started in dos towns in his 2yrs of admin..maybe he wil finish dem b4 he 2015..
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 09, 2013
Fussbot: yes!yes!yes!just to build 5km roads!...d only projects he has started in dos towns in his 2yrs of admin..maybe he wil finish dem b4 he 2015..

Do you consider cleaniness less of an achievement?
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by texaco1: 6:03pm On Jun 09, 2013
Fussbot: yes!yes!yes!just to build 5km roads!...d only projects he has started in dos towns in his 2yrs of admin..maybe he wil finish dem b4 he 2015..
that guy is taking it too far,he should have known that the political dynamics of lagos state is different from that of oyo state
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Bofemsky(f): 6:52pm On Jun 09, 2013
Pvt. Parts:
Because nobody is willing to lend them
Nobody lend them money and yet they were still able to undertake projects which even states who borrowed cannot undertake! Get a life!
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by RedReact: 7:02pm On Jun 09, 2013
Bofemsky: Nobody lend them money and yet they were still able to undertake projects which even states who borrowed cannot undertake! Get a life!
He wants to lend the govt money now; don't you know? grin
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by kobenol(m): 9:35pm On Jun 09, 2013
Gbawe: Impressive fiscal management and plans. No surprise though given the pedigree of Ajimobi. Personally, I think the current crop of ACN Governors have the potentials to achive more than Fashola has. This will not be because they are better administrators but due to the fact that they have far less challenges to deal with than the Lagos governors.

Laudably, the ACN has recognised that proactively securing the funds for State development without depending on federal allocation alone will move things along much quicker.
@Gbawe
Your comments as percieved even on similar threads as this suggests you sympathise with SW ACN..I kinda do as well, at least better than Akala etc we had...but mindful politicians talk..I will like Ajimobi to do more, especially development is concentrated in IB rather exclusively. I dont mean other towns must be "citified" but Agricultural programs etc be carried out in the uplands..I dont see this.
Beautification of Iwo-road/Ojoo express is being carried out haphazardly...after one year leaves much to be desired. Osun started its Ife/Ikire express beautification much later than Oyo and the result is simply superb.
NB:My comparison always features the SW ACN states some are better off than others...please dont be carried away.
More can be done anyway!
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 10, 2013
payless:

Did you vote for him? Was Akala a better Governor? Akala bought 28 S and E Class Mercedes Benz as official vehicles and took all the vehicles to his compound in Ogbomosho. What makes him a "419" Governor? Has he ever defrauded any of your family member, friends, neighbours, or co-workers? How did you come about the 419 tag? Tell us what he promised and hasn't done. Kindly tell us what you know that we don't know.

Hello Mr. Payless. Kindly take note that i used the term "419" to describe his attitude and i hope you know the reason why i used that term. For instance if a man made a promise to pay you N10k if you are able to carry out an assignment for him and after you have done that assignment the man is now giving you an excuse, begging you to manage N3k that is available. Will you be wrong to call such a man 419? at from Nigeria concept. Do you remember he was too vocal about paying N22,000 minimum wage to workers before he was voted in? How much is your governor paying now? Ask if you are not a civil servant in oyo state. Do you remember he made a promise on news media that he will not demolish houses and shops when voted? Why is it that he has now taken that demolition as if that is the only thing his government has come to do?(Am not against his beautification programs but am against his own style of total demolition having in mind that we can beautify without much of demolition). And again i like you to read what he campaigned for:

[b]The ACN candidate, Senator Abiola Ajimobi said he intends to lay a good foundation that would transform the state to an enviable position by integrating and opening up the rural areas of Oyo state through provision of roads, development of agro-industries and provision of employment for the masses.

According to him, major roads in the state would be dualised, while a railway network would be construed to link up with Lagos state.

Senator Ajimobi stated that Oyo state required between 500 and 1,000 megawatts of electricity, which he intends to provide by building a thermal station to provide 100 megawatts in 18 months as well as using coal to supplement the energy source.

While promising to provide affordable housing through joint ventures with the private sector and creation of satellite towns, Senator Ajimobi said he would provide potable water for citizens by setting p mini water-works, using the water springs that abound in the state.

Senator Ajimobi also called for a return to regional government in the country to enable every region to develop at their own pace, while he pledged to run an all-inclusive government.

He described corruption as the greatest problem facing the state’s as well as the nation’s economy, and pledged zero tolerance to the cankerworm which he promised to minimize through industrialization, commercialization and provision of gainful employment for citizens of Oyo state.[/b]

you can also do the assessment of him on the basis of his electioneering campaign. Is YESO job a gainful employment? Its now 24 months he has been governing, where is the 100 megawatts electricity supply, where is the railway network? Infact, there are many questions to be answered. So, i called him "419" on the basis of his failure to do what he promised. His beautification program is not worth making noise over because its not beyond what local government can achieve if they have not destroyed that sector and they will do it better with more human face. I rest my case till you respond but mind you, you dont need to bring our family issue to discussion here.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by TriPorth: 12:53pm On Jun 10, 2013
laurel03: Eleyele to dugbe nt up to 5km and felele challenge road 1km in ibadan what again?? Mention the road in ibadan??in ogbomoso 1 road and iseyin 1 road also nothing in oyo town abi mention the ten?? And I don't need to go to the site because just full of lies
I will bury my backhand slap on you face. What do you mean Oyo town nothing. I was in Oyo town last month for a weeding, 2 major roads are undergoing massive expansion for dualisation first in the town history. Oniro osi, don't you have dignity? 1- Old Oyo road from Elekara Market via olivet to Owode and beyond. Mind you a bridge will have have to be constructed along. 2- From New Oyo-Ogbomoso-Ilorin Road, this 2nd dualised road underconstruction deposit at the federal road through to Jare-Emili, passing through the town proper. May be when you went to Oyo town as I may assume because you comment about Oyo town. Were you on steel-goggles?
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by adconline(m): 6:42am On Jun 11, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Yeah, I know about the syndrome that can make some pitiable souls feel better. We are the most "industrious buĺlshít in Nigeria ", Achebe is the "father of modern literature " , Phillip Emeagwali is the "father of internet ", Chike Obi is the "father of mathematics ",and the shameless empty chest beating continues. Imagine that bigoted guy coming out to say Peter Obi is the most financially blah blah. . .just in time to rubbish this super achiever. It grieves me to remember someone like this is still a moderator.

Thesame Peter Obi that can't even build a mere 600 meters bridge? smh!

When did this post turn to Igbo bashing? Hold your governor accountable!
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by arcis: 7:48am On Jun 11, 2013
2curiousity:

Hello Mr. Payless. Kindly take note that i used the term "419" to describe his attitude and i hope you know the reason why i used that term. For instance if a man made a promise to pay you N10k if you are able to carry out an assignment for him and after you have done that assignment the man is now giving you an excuse, begging you to manage N3k that is available. Will you be wrong to call such a man 419? at from Nigeria concept. Do you remember he was too vocal about paying N22,000 minimum wage to workers before he was voted in? How much is your governor paying now? Ask if you are not a civil servant in oyo state. Do you remember he made a promise on news media that he will not demolish houses and shops when voted? Why is it that he has now taken that demolition as if that is the only thing his government has come to do?(Am not against his beautification programs but am against his own style of total demolition having in mind that we can beautify without much of demolition). And again i like you to read what he campaigned for:

[b]The ACN candidate, Senator Abiola Ajimobi said he intends to lay a good foundation that would transform the state to an enviable position by integrating and opening up the rural areas of Oyo state through provision of roads, development of agro-industries and provision of employment for the masses.

According to him, major roads in the state would be dualised, while a railway network would be construed to link up with Lagos state.

Senator Ajimobi stated that Oyo state required between 500 and 1,000 megawatts of electricity, which he intends to provide by building a thermal station to provide 100 megawatts in 18 months as well as using coal to supplement the energy source.

While promising to provide affordable housing through joint ventures with the private sector and creation of satellite towns, Senator Ajimobi said he would provide potable water for citizens by setting p mini water-works, using the water springs that abound in the state.

Senator Ajimobi also called for a return to regional government in the country to enable every region to develop at their own pace, while he pledged to run an all-inclusive government.

He described corruption as the greatest problem facing the state’s as well as the nation’s economy, and pledged zero tolerance to the cankerworm which he promised to minimize through industrialization, commercialization and provision of gainful employment for citizens of Oyo state.[/b]

you can also do the assessment of him on the basis of his electioneering campaign. Is YESO job a gainful employment? Its now 24 months he has been governing, where is the 100 megawatts electricity supply, where is the railway network? Infact, there are many questions to be answered. So, i called him "419" on the basis of his failure to do what he promised. His beautification program is not worth making noise over because its not beyond what local government can achieve if they have not destroyed that sector and they will do it better with more human face. I rest my case till you respond but mind you, you dont need to bring our family issue to discussion here.

Oga please tell us about any Governor even the President that achieved what he promised during manifestation and campaigns? Mind you, the so call developed world to can't achieve 100% of their promise. They can only try to.

Even our parent do promise us heaven n earth but they can only try to fulfil some of the promise they made.

I challenge you to mention any politician that fulfil 75% of the promise made before election not even GEJ.
Waiting for your reply sir.
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 11, 2013
arcis:

Oga please tell us about any Governor even the President that achieved what he promised during manifestation and campaigns? Mind you, the so call developed world to can't achieve 100% of their promise. They can only try to.

Even our parent do promise us heaven n earth but they can only try to fulfil some of the promise they made.

I challenge you to mention any politician that fulfil 75% of the promise made before election not even GEJ.
Waiting for your reply sir.

In a nutshell what you are saying is that Mr. Governor is not different from any other Nigerian politicians and that they all promised what they cant do. We are making the same point in a different way. But, what percentage of his promise has he achieved? Read his promises again before you rate him and at the sametime, why are they making noise when it is business as usual with them too? Mind you, there is accountability in developed world politics.
You have really digressed from the point of discussion, i have not come here to compare him with any politician, i said somebody has failed in fulfilling his electioneering campaign promises, and you are comparing him with others doing the same. SO, if you sent your child to school and he fails in his exam, and he is giving you an excuse that others failed too, will you be happy? Is that a good excuse?
If you want to support your points it is you that will do the assignments and look for other politicians worldwide that has behaved like him. Google is your friend.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by rodeo0070(m): 9:34pm On Aug 16, 2013
Re: Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi by slimfit1(m): 12:06pm On Aug 17, 2013
We need hospitals not hotels please don't be clueless man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

GEJ Comparing Nigeria To Syria: Is It Right? / Governor Akeredolu Flags Off Door-to-door Campaign For President Buhari / MAN To Senators: Patronise Made-in-Nigeria Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.