Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,961 members, 7,821,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? (55793 Views)

Snail Facials: Ladies, How Far Will You Go To Look Beautiful? / How To Look Beautiful Naturally / If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by easternguy: 12:21pm On May 07, 2008
Beauty is natural and not man-made.

I prefer natural beautiful lady with little or no make-ups than artificially beautified make-up lady.

All these shiit ladies do in the name of looking good, hmm i pity them.

To me hygiene is the most important thing. Just bath well, eat well and rub good pomade. Chikeena.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by RichyBlacK(m): 12:49pm On May 07, 2008
easternguy:

Beauty is natural and not man-made.

I prefer natural beautiful lady with little or no make-ups than artificially beautified make-up lady.

All these shiit ladies do in the name of looking good, hmm i pity them.

To me hygiene is the most important thing. Just bath well, eat well and rub good [size=14pt]pomade[/size]. Chikeena.

Long time no hear! LOL!
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Trip4eni(f): 1:06pm On May 07, 2008
Go as far as u can to Look beautiful everytime coz u never can tell when
If u are Single, find prince charming.
If still datin, get a romantic proposal.
If married , get the hottest sex ever.
I will go too far to look really beautiful. kiss
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Cadet(f): 1:29pm On May 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

That sh*t don't work for me,,, my hair is too kinky

heat and chemicals are the only things it understands grin
Yea, but am trying to minimize how often I put chemical in my hair/ scalp. grin
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by lysaa(f): 1:34pm On May 07, 2008
@poster,

Abeg o, have u been rolling with Micheal Jackson lately?
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by tohloo: 1:42pm On May 07, 2008
well,for me i get my manicure&pedicure done once a month,i spend more money on makeup cos i love trying out different looks.i mostly have on wigs and weaves because i dont have the patience to sit & have my hair braided,i think going to the spa is rly great too cos it relaxes u
@ ajebota
where did u get colonic irrigation done here in lagos,wld rly love to get one too.heard its rly nice once u get over the initial discomfort.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 2:02pm On May 07, 2008
Trip4eni:

Go as far as u can to Look beautiful everytime because u never can tell when
If u are Single, find prince charming.
If still datin, get a romantic proposal.
If married , get the hottest sex ever.
I will go too far to look really beautiful. kiss

I repeat, whats wrong with just looking good for urself
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by hanen(f): 2:13pm On May 07, 2008
um, lipgloss is my friend. Its the only form of makeup i care for. And maybe brown pwder. If I have. Buying expensive makeup is pointless to me. I've been using the same soap for almost ten years: Dudu Osun, (black soap), my skin's as blemish free as ever grin. Braid/fx my hair once every six weeks, wash it every week i dont have anything on it. Oh, and shave my legs, when i remember.
Anything else is unnecessary. I don't think I'm that scary looking that i'll be chemicalising and frying my body parts.
AndI look good. wink
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Lady2(f): 2:20pm On May 07, 2008
I don't usually get my hair done, I just comb it (I have short hair), but my bf and family are tired of it so I got braids.

So I guess from now on I'll be getting braids.

I get my nails done at least once a month

I do my pedicure myself or my bf does it for me

I don't get facials but would like to try dermabrasion (I don't need it though)

I just began bikini waxing because I am tired of razor bumps, it's unattractive and unhealthy. I tried doing the waxing at home and almost slapped somebdoy. I hated it and it doesn't work

I forgot to add I have endured hydrocolonic cleansing but the reason was mostly medical. i would do it again for superficial reasons tho

I want to try that too for health reasons ofcourse.

I use make-up every now and then, but hardly (I don't need it)
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 2:28pm On May 07, 2008
~Lady~:

I do my pedicure myself or my boyfriend does it for me

thats so cool,,, my ex used to do that for me as well (one of the main reasons i miss him)
dont hv d patience to do it myself tho,, i'd rather pay tongue

I don't get facials but would like to try dermabrasion (I don't need it though)

u shdn if u dont need it, it weakens the skin tissue
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by angel101(f): 2:42pm On May 07, 2008
i get my hair done every other week along with my nails and pedicure.
i tweez my eyebrows myself, scrub my face a couple of times a week. i am considering bikini wax though cos i'm sick of razor bumps. i shave my legs myself too.
as for make up, i've got loads!!! i dont use them all at once though lol
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 07, 2008
dammit, u girls go this far to look good? r u serious?

and did someone say it depends on whom they look beautiful for? that is such an imature response aswerigad.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by tngtech(m): 4:08pm On May 07, 2008
some are born natural beautiful, u don't need to go extra miles to look beautiful. Someone like me. grin
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by LadyT(f): 4:15pm On May 07, 2008
OMO IBO there is nothing wrong with a bit of good self grooming!

Its ok if you like women with hairy armpits and rough nails and hair but most of us dont like that look.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by lekwas: 4:39pm On May 07, 2008
hey gals, i like this topic, though i'm not so much into cosmetics.
but suffice it to say, i appreciate people who are able to find time to create a beauty regime for themselves. please is anyone knowledgable about good skin care products that a not too dark skinned person can use? i'm a very busy person and probably have not had time to take good care of my skin. i need help, i guess my years of carelessness is begining to have its toll on me.
i am not dark neither i'm i fair complexioned. i need a range of skin products that will help me refresh my skin and help it glow. i am against anything tha will bleach me.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by lekwas: 4:51pm On May 07, 2008
hey gals, i like this topic, though i'm not so much into cosmetics.
but suffice it to say, i appreciate people who are able to find time to create a beauty regime for themselves. please is anyone knowledgable about good skin care products that a not too dark skinned person can use? i'm a very busy person and probably have not had time to take good care of my skin. i need help, i guess my years of carelessness is begining to have its toll on me.
i am not dark neither i'm i fair complexioned. i need a range of skin products that will help me refresh my skin and help it glow. i am against anything tha will bleach me.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by spicy007(f): 5:40pm On May 07, 2008
i would go to length to look beau

my beauty regimen is as follows:
- hair once a month, braids 6 wks, afro kinky 6-8 wks
- facials, once in 3 months
- manicure & pedicure- once a month
- nail fixing 3 months, and then 1 month of chemical- free period, lol
- eyebrow shapening - every Friday DIY
- make up- simple white powder, and lip balm/gloss,, eyeshadow, lip liner, lipstick and gloss come once a while
- hair removing lotion for legs, armpit, once in 2 weeks

- waxing, aromatherapy, body steaming once in 3 months at a spa, trust me its good to take care of urself and pamper ur body, it will repay u in kind, when u need it the most.

i have what u call figure 8 and i used to get complimented on it, but there was one thing i wasnt happy with, the kegs.
i used to think of doing a boob job cos im a 34A, didnt have the money then, but now i have it, im at peace with myself now.

im black and im loving it, wont bleach even if my life depended on it.

hey, help me out here, i want to stick to a nice body soap and i learnt Dudu Osun tones people but i dont want to be toned. what do u guys think?

and i think im addicted to lip balm !!! advantage: my lips are forever succulent. LOL
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 5:58pm On May 07, 2008
lysaa:

@poster,

Abeg o, have u been rolling with Micheal Jackson lately?

OMG have you seen us 2getha in the papers? Damn I thought the coast was clear that day undecided
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 6:01pm On May 07, 2008
tohloo:

well,for me i get my manicure&pedicure done once a month,i spend more money on makeup because i love trying out different looks.i mostly have on wigs and weaves because i don't have the patience to sit & have my hair braided,i think going to the spa is rly great too because it relaxes u
@ ajebota
where did u get colonic irrigation done here in lagos,would rly love to get one too.heard its rly nice once u get over the initial discomfort.

Good question. The place is in Ikeja but for the life of me I have forgotten the name! Will find out and get back to you. The owner is really nice and the price is reasonable I think (30K) for 4 sessions including colon cleanse powder you have to take.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by begood1: 6:16pm On May 07, 2008
Please i beg u babes to take it easy so that doctors can be able to stitch yours skins after surgery if an emergency occurs,
though am not wishing one sha!
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by royalicon(m): 6:26pm On May 07, 2008
Dust to Dust, Ashes for Ashes,
'Let your moderation be known to all men', don't go too far to look beautiful, if you do, you may end up looking like an expensive baboon,

As for me, minimum of a bath daily, and reasonable cream application to ward off dryness.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by nkasi87(f): 6:43pm On May 07, 2008
cool Spend 10$ on makeup and probably spend 30 minutes doing my make up everyday till i am sick of it. But hey, make up doesn't make you pretty just covers your flaws.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by mohawkchic(f): 8:00pm On May 07, 2008
~I'd consider any Procedure or Beauty Treatment that is at risk to one's well being as "Taking It TOo Far"

~Any of these actions done willingly l'll also consider "Taking It Too far" but then again thats IMHO

*[/b]Quick Fix,over exercising,putting strain on the body
[b]*[/b]Unhealthy Eating/ Unsafe Diet Pills
[b]*
Using Laxitives in Excess

~I Have never doone anything Extreme to look beautiful,Good Genes i suppose tongue

~I don't particularly do anything out of the Norm  to look Beautiful either,nuthing compared to some of these posts anyways,i admire some of your zest for Beauty!!

*[/b]Routine Personal Hygine,this includes a Milk N Honey Or Mint Milk  Bath to Exfoilate ~ Smooth ~ Relax ~   Moisturize  . . . . BTW You can make your own too so it doesnt put a hole in the kitty,i make my own      sometimes  grin
[b]*
Usual facial to keep my face flawless of dry skin/blackheads
* Make sure am at my Dentist Every Six months,keep my teeth looking clean to give that collgate ad. a run     for  their money,lol
* DIY Most of My hairstyles,when i do have hair on my head,lol
* Visit the Nail bar for Acrylic Nails,i DIY when my nails are natural/DIY Pedicure too!!
* Dress to kill, so i always update my wardrobe with whatever trends tickle my fancy!! One has to   Accentuate one's asset tongue

~I can Only Say>>> NEVER Say NEVER !!!

~I might not feel the need to do anything Extreme right about now,BUT maybe just Mayb when all's heading down South,East/West  i Might !!
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by WallaceDon(m): 9:06pm On May 07, 2008
Wow all sound so nice but i love spending my money on material things, like Clothes and Jewelries.

So I and My friends say no to a lot of drip stuffs. , No matter how much money I have I always feel like the Guys in the GMT City.
You all can say its material things that everyone spends their money on. Yes its real, you realize that clothes, cars and money don’t mean shit at all.

My Compassion For the Rich.
I feel sorry that others hate them so much and envy their wealth. I feel sorry that they do not realise that getting money and material things never stops ,

More Money More things to Fix Up.

Still DJ Wallace D.

Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 9:44pm On May 07, 2008
WallaceDon:

Wow all sound so nice but i love spending my money on material things, like Clothes and Jewelries.

So I and My friends say no to a lot of drip stuffs. , No matter how much money I have I always feel like the Guys in the GMT City.
You all can say its material things that everyone spends their money on. Yes its real, you realize that clothes, cars and money don’t mean shit at all.

My Compassion For the Rich.
I feel sorry that others hate them so much and envy their wealth. I feel sorry that they do not realise that getting money and material things never stops ,

More Money More things to Fix Up.

Still DJ Wallace D.

what r u on about undecided
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 11:24pm On May 07, 2008
@ HR Hotness help me ask her o! undecided
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 11:26pm On May 07, 2008
mohawkchic:

~I'd consider any Procedure or Beauty Treatment that is at risk to one's well being as "Taking It TOo Far"

~I Have never doone anything Extreme to look beautiful,Good Genes i suppose tongue

~I don't particularly do anything out of the Norm to look Beautiful either,nuthing compared to some of these posts anyways,i admire some of your zest for Beauty!!

*[/b]Routine Personal Hygine,this includes a Milk N Honey Or Mint Milk Bath to Exfoilate ~ Smooth ~ Relax ~ Moisturize . . . . BTW You can make your own too so it doesnt put a hole in the kitty,i make my own sometimes grin
[b]*
Usual facial to keep my face flawless of dry skin/blackheads
* Make sure am at my Dentist Every Six months,keep my teeth looking clean to give that collgate ad. a run for their money,lol
* DIY Most of My hairstyles,when i do have hair on my head,lol
* Visit the Nail bar for Acrylic Nails,i DIY when my nails are natural/DIY Pedicure too!!
* Dress to kill, so i always update my wardrobe with whatever trends tickle my fancy!! One has to Accentuate one's asset tongue

[/quote

Might not be out of the norm but its still quite a bit. I hardly ever do my nails and facials are DIY, seems am not that bad afterall
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 11:27pm On May 07, 2008
royalicon:

Dust to Dust, Ashes for Ashes,
'Let your moderation be known to all men', don't go too far to look beautiful, if you do, you may end up looking like an expensive baboon,

As for me, minimum of a bath daily, and reasonable cream application to ward off dryness.

yepaa I cant laugh enough grin
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by spoilt(f): 2:11am On May 08, 2008
It irritates me when guys lie through their teeth and insist they love girls looking natural (whatever that means!)
Yet they crave the beyonce look. with a weave all the way to the butt crack and with a full face of make up. They will pick that anytime anyday to picking someone who has natural hair and a face devoid of any 'help'. girls if you want to 'help' nature, go right ahead. beauty has always been pain but its worth every tear.At least in the guys eyes even though they dont like to admit it.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by 4Him1(m): 2:14am On May 08, 2008
spoilt:

It irritates me when guys lie through their teeth and insist they love girls looking natural (whatever that means!)
Yet they crave the beyonce look. with a weave all the way to the butt crack and with a full face of make up. They will pick that anytime anyday to picking someone who has natural hair and a face devoid of any 'help'. girls if you want to 'help' nature, go right ahead. beauty has always been pain but its worth every tear.At least in the guys eyes even though they don't like to admit it.

aha some guys actually DO love girls looking natural especially if they are cute. I dont like weaves except for tiny braids. Make ur hair neat and smelling nice and that's all i require. My ex used just lip gloss and she was way better looking than the many pancake wearing chics around.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by spoilt(f): 2:28am On May 08, 2008
so why do the 'karashikas' get all the attention and dates?
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 2:31am On May 08, 2008
spoilt:

so why do the 'karashikas' get all the attention and dates?

just wondering what is 'karashika?'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Side Effects Of Dudu Osun / Makeup Transformation Of A Woman To A Younger Lady / Photos: Wizkid's Son Rocking Agbada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.